• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
All I care about are special moves for him, haha.
well thats much easier, i'll still need to submit it tommarow sine im heading to bed like, now. hopefully i'll be sick enough to not go to school tommarow.

edit: okay, so i've been thinking mostly about ninten and i have several ideas! i will submit my fully realized moveset idea soon. i do have two ideas. lucas-ness hybrid ninten and shulk-like ninten, i'll submit both i guess since the overall attacks i have in mind for ninten are around the same.

Last edited:

silverscope13x

Smash Rookie
Lyn is definitely my biggest hype. Second is Isaac, but third wasn't mentioned on here. I know he's officially owned by Microsoft now, but it would be SO HYPE to be able to use Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. Like for real.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think he should be in as a palette swap for Lucas' costume.
His normal self already is, and the []SPOILER[] one is only an alt for Lucas (and even then, it's just from when Lucas portrayed him, which explains the blond hair). He's a completely different character with different moves and abilities. Also, it'd be awesome to see his sword and cannon.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It amazes me that people still ride this whole "walking spoiler" mentality. To any outsider of the Mother community, Masked Man is just that: A person with a mask equipped with a laser sword and an arm cannon. Their eligibility of playable status shouldn't be affected given their role in-game (Primary Antagonist. Oh wait, I could swear that title plays a large factor in determining characters in the first place, right *SPOILERS*TP GANONDORF AS THE REAL MAIN VILLIAN OF TP OMG I'M SO SPOILED*SPOILER) as opposed to their identity.

If we're talking spoilers, then ROB totally spoils the SSE, Sheik totally spoils Ocarina of Time, Dark MK totally spoils Amazing Mirror / Return to Dream Land, Mr. L spoils Super Paper Mario, Shadow Peach spoils The Thousand Year Door, Samus spoils Metroid, etc., etc.

You people have to look at things at a surface value, not retrospective to their game origins.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
If either Masked Man/Claus or Ninten make it in, I hope to god they're not palette swaps. 1. because Ness and Lucas already have so many and number 2. They deserve to have their own character slots!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Sheik totally spoils Ocarina of Time.
I have a friend who recently started playing Ocarina of Time for the first... Time recently.

It is sad because this is true.

I'm having difficulty seeing their movesets. Of course, I have yet to play Mother 3. Normally I'd say that their designs are too similar that they should be restricted to palette swaps/costumes Lucas, but that'd be like saying that Luigi looks too much like Mario, and that would be stupid.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
>smash
>EVER caring about spoilers

pfffthahah

just let me go get my mechonfiora trophy or Jadeface trophy from Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
If either Masked Man/Claus or Ninten make it in, I hope to god they're not palette swaps. 1. because Ness and Lucas already have so many and number 2. They deserve to have their own character slots!
hmmmm, naaaa, there many more characters id rather see

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
hmmmm, naaaa, there many more characters id rather see
Yeah me too, they're not even on my signature. So it just goes to show how much I actually want them
(And I know what you're thinking, Sora, Megaman X, and Zero won't ever make it in but they're just for fun)

Neo2k

Smash Rookie
Lyn Lyn Lyndis yo!
Definitely #1 choice of a character for Project M.

Ninten really could just be a Ness Skin, guys.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Something that just came to mind on this is would there be any characters that could reuse some of the styles that got changed from brawl to pm, only with the new physics. I can't imagine that no one missed warioware style wario with the bike stuff. Maybe jimmy t?

Dino Domain

Smash Rookie
If only characters that have already appeared in Brawl can be in PM, what's the rationale behind allowing the Clone Mewtwo costume? My understanding is that elements from any of the anime is not owned by Nintendo, hence why it hasn't appeared in any of the games.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
If only characters that have already appeared in Brawl can be in PM, what's the rationale behind allowing the Clone Mewtwo costume? My understanding is that elements from any of the anime is not owned by Nintendo, hence why it hasn't appeared in any of the games.
We're talking new characters, not costumes.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I eagerly await our almighty Groose to make it in.

Either way, what's the difference? It's still IP that's not owned by Nintendo or 2nd party devs.
Yeah, but since it's the same universe... It works, haha. And if copyright really matters for just a mod, here's a list of what the Pokémon Company owns, which seems to be everything Pokémon related, from anime to video games.
I think it's sort of similar to how Hal Laboratory owns Smash stuff and Kirby stuff, though I'm no expert in the field and am not 100% certain.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
the PMDT just seem to be doing whatever when it comes to the costume references. hence Jetset Sonic.

EDIT

By "whatever" I of course mean within a certain amount of reason that varies from character to character. Peach wears outfits she's worn in other games across the mario series (paper mario, ect), Solid Snake will probably only have costumes based on the other Snakes, the FE characters only have alts based off of other lords (or in Roy's case, his Awakening DLC, if my hunch is correct - the new alt he got in 3.5 is of the same pallet as his awakening mercenary gear and it just screams "placeholder"), and sonic got alt colors and shoes based tails and on the other hedgehog characters in his games sans Amy - the jetset thing I'm pretty sure only happened because JSR is another SEGA game with a similar type of "cool" that sonic is/was pretty notorious for.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
anyway

so, Warchamp7 appeared on 4chan yesterday in a thread I MISSED because I was at work.
at the same time as our infamous leaker guy
only few shots were fired, but Warchamp7 did not outright deny anything the leaker previously posted, but most of it was stuff from WAAAY back, and of course he responded to anything else in that "ambiguous PR" way that he's probably obliged to.

kinda interesting.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
anyway

so, Warchamp7 appeared on 4chan yesterday in a thread I MISSED because I was at work.
at the same time as our infamous leaker guy
only few shots were fired, but Warchamp7 did not outright deny anything the leaker previously posted, but most of it was stuff from WAAAY back, and of course he responded to anything else in that "ambiguous PR" way that he's probably obliged to.

kinda interesting.
GASP!! THAT IS AWESOME!! DO YOU HAVE A SCREENSHOT ON THE HAPPENINGS?!!

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
I'll do you one better
have The archived thread
boards.4chan.org/v/thread/284455153/

and Warchamp7's tweet confirming it was him
https://twitter.com/Warchamp7/status/570037755285123073

mostly just him talking about how leaks suck, despite the unintentional hype they might build
some anons asking for a few of the things I've seen in this thread, such as blackshadowdorf
aaand people being misinformed about skullkid again
also he neither confirms or denies Sami, as expected. but he again re-iterates the OP's pic is just Vaanrose's model

you know, the one that's not even properly featured on his portfolio website despite being linked
that leads to a 404
unlike every other Brawl Skin he's made that even links to it's Brawlvault entry
I still call damage control.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'll do you one better
have The archived thread

mostly just him talking about how leaks suck, despite the unintentional hype they might build
some anons asking for a few of the things I've seen in this thread, such as blackshadowdorf
also he neither confirms or denies Sami, as expected. but he again re-iterates the OP's pic is just Vaanrose's model

you know, the one that's not even properly featured on his portfolio website despite being linked
that leads to a 404
unlike every other Brawl Skin he's made that even links to it's Brawlvault entry
Well... That's a lot of read, haha! Cool. Though I'd have no idea why they'd bring back Young Link since Toon Link was essentially turned into Young Link in Project M. But still, it's Project M, they'd be able to do a great job with three Link clones! Maybe make Young Link inspired from Hyrule Warriors. Doctor Mario would make for a better clone in my opinion, since he's such a heavy hitter, and that means they can restore F.L.U.D.D, and to top it off, it leaves more costumes for Mario, who has a lot of potential.

I am totally open to the idea of Pichu though... I know for a fact that if he was included, the Project M development team would give him extremely unique mechanics. I want him to have a system where he builds up power as he builds up self-damage.

This is the first time I've ever been to "4chan" and it is the gosh-darn ugliest site I've ever seen, haha!
I hope I don't rustle anyone's jimmies in saying that, I don't think I did, but the potential is there, so if I did, I'm sorry, it doesn't look very organized and that boops me.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Well... That's a lot of read, haha! Cool. Though I'd have no idea why they'd bring back Young Link since Toon Link was essentially turned into Young Link in Project M. But still, it's Project M, they'd be able to do a great job with three Link clones! Maybe make Young Link inspired from Hyrule Warriors. Doctor Mario would make for a better clone in my opinion, since he's such a heavy hitter, and that means they can restore F.L.U.D.D, and to top it off, it leaves more costumes for Mario, who has a lot of potential.

I am totally open to the idea of Pichu though... I know for a fact that if he was included, the Project M development team would give him extremely unique mechanics. I want him to have a system where he builds up power as he builds up self-damage.

This is the first time I've ever been to "4chan" and it is the gosh-darn ugliest site I've ever seen, haha!
I hope I don't rustle anyone's jimmies in saying that, I don't think I did, but the potential is there, so if I did, I'm sorry, it doesn't look very organized and that boops me.
dude, just ctrl+f "Warchamp7".

well a lot of that is pretty much stuff we've covered in the 500+ pages of this thread with the occasional input from the PMDT

a third link is a pretty meh choice for many, but it's not something that stirs up much discussion beyond "muh three mask forms"
Mario as he is now takes the best parts of Dr. mario and mario from melee so Dr. mario, so is a case of redundancy
pichu is the forbidden topic, so much ****flinging from both sides every time personally i think it's like asking for Eliwood when we have Roy already...

and I'll have you know that the "Rustled Jimmies" thing came from that site.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
dude, just ctrl+f "Warchamp7".

well a lot of that is pretty much stuff we've covered in the 500+ pages of this thread with the occasional input from the PMDT

a third link is a pretty meh choice for many, but it's not something that stirs up much discussion beyond "muh three mask forms"
Mario as he is now takes the best parts of Dr. mario and mario from melee so Dr. mario, so is a case of redundancy
pichu is the forbidden topic, so much ****flinging from both sides every time personally i think it's like asking for Eliwood when we have Roy already...

and I'll have you know that the "Rustled Jimmies" thing came from that site.
Well!

I personally think the three mask forms wouldn't be a good idea, since they'd likely take up three character slots, and they'd have to be REALLY creative with the moveset. I think a Fierce Deity Final Smash, should it be added, might take up a fourth... I guess it would be redundant, in terms of the Doc... But I like F.L.U.D.D, haha! The biggest reason I care about the excluded Melee veterans is that it's my dream to have a Smash Bros. with every Smash veteran!
It's a dream that will never come true.
Ever.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys so since Sonic got a Jet Set Radio cosplay alt as Beat, I've been wondering if Knuckles got into PM what his Jet Set Radio cosplay would be.

I checked the wiki and these are all the male characters, what do you guys think Knuckles would look good in??

Tab
Garam
Yoyo
Combo
Slate
Personally I'm leaning a lil towards Combo or Yoyo

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hey guys so since Sonic got a Jet Set Radio cosplay alt as Beat, I've been wondering if Knuckles got into PM what his Jet Set Radio cosplay would be.

I checked the wiki and these are all the male characters, what do you guys think Knuckles would look good in??

Tab
Garam
Yoyo
Combo
Slate
Personally I'm leaning a lil towards Combo or Yoyo
I personally would pick Garam, although Knuckles could always get a reference to another series. I kind of want to see knuckles get an outfit with a mix of things from (the team formerly known as) Knuckles Chaotix.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Darn, looks like I was late to the party...! But oh well...didn't see any of my number 1 choices on that roster.

Quick question, though...you mentioned that the characters had to be in Smash in one way or the other...does that mean trophies, too? Even though they were never playable characters or assist trophies?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Darn, looks like I was late to the party...! But oh well...didn't see any of my number 1 choices on that roster.

Quick question, though...you mentioned that the characters had to be in Smash in one way or the other...does that mean trophies, too? Even though they were never playable characters or assist trophies?
As long as they appeared in Brawl in some form, they're eligible.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
As long as they appeared in Brawl in some form, they're eligible.
Hey, thanks for clarifying that!

And the character I was thinking about was Princess Daisy. I figured that she'd easy to make, since she could potentially come from Peach's data. I also know that there isn't much going for her at the moment, in regards of games, and such, but I just wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll do you one better
have The archived thread

that leads to a 404
Misinformed how?

PLZ based PMDT I needs mah Skull Kid.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey, thanks for clarifying that!

And the character I was thinking about was Princess Daisy. I figured that she'd easy to make, since she could potentially come from Peach's data. I also know that there isn't much going for her at the moment, in regards of games, and such, but I just wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.
Honestly the only way I see Daisy having an interesting moveset is if it's based on her Mario Strikers Charged appearance where she used crystals.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Misinformed how?

PLZ based PMDT I needs mah Skull Kid.

people were mentioning the "leak" that happened much earlier last year again which included skull kid, but were forgetting that it was apparently a fake leak done on purpose to try and catch whoever had been messing around with the PMDT earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom