• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodo

Smash Ace
what if no character is added that way no one gets mad for any addition made?
I hope nobody took that seriously, but what i do believe is that if any character is actually added people should just accept it for what it is and not get mad about it, after all, i dont remember seing PM goal being: add new and unique characters to the roster.

If Pichu actually returns, people shouldnt get mad about it, on the contrary, people should be happy to see the melee underdog making an epic return and how he was balanced out to fit the rest of the cast.
Now if he wasent added i wouldnt care either, as long as the new addition isint something stupid like Toad. From my personal point of view i see Pichu as a Joke Character in melee and not a serious one, maybe PM could have its own prank character(Slippy) who knows :bee:

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Has anyone here ever discussed Kat and Ana? I was trying to think of other possible partnered characters and remembered them all of a sudden.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I would like to nominate Eagle from Advance Wars for Clone Engine.

Moveset?

Who needs a moveset? He's motha****in' EAGLE!

Exodo

Smash Ace
I would like to nominate Eagle from Advance Wars for Clone Engine.

Moveset?

Who needs a moveset? He's motha****in' EAGLE!
lets stick with Sami better for Advaced Wars :)
talking about that i dont think i have voted for her so +1/2 Sami for Advanced Wars Rep.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
lets stick with Sami better for Advaced Wars :)
talking about that i dont think i have voted for her so +1/2 Sami for Advanced Wars Rep.
First, let me say that my first comment was supposed to be a joke.

And second, as a huge Advance Wars fan, I personally think the idea of an Advance Wars rep is stupid. I'm sure the PMBR could make it work, but making a moveset out of someone who only gives orders sounds kind of weird. Has anyone made any Sami movesets by chance? If so, could you link me too them?

Exodo

Smash Ace
First, let me say that my first comment was supposed to be a joke.

And second, as a huge Advance Wars fan, I personally think the idea of an Advance Wars rep is stupid. I'm sure the PMBR could make it work, but making a moveset out of someone who only gives orders sounds kind of weird. Has anyone made any Sami movesets by chance? If so, could you link me too them?
it could be pretty easy actually,the idea that is, she could use lots of explosive and fire weapons. creativity can go a long way :)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
it could be pretty easy actually,the idea that is, she could use lots of explosive and fire weapons. creativity can go a long way :)
In my mind, I always thought Sami would have a moveset more based around the units she's good with. For example she could have a 3 Ammo Bazooka like Mechs that you would have to reload like Snake's sleep darts. Her recovery could also be a T-Copter or something.

Exodo

Smash Ace
In my mind, I always thought Sami would have a moveset more based around the units she's good with. For example she could have a 3 Ammo Bazooka like Mechs that you would have to reload like Snake's sleep darts. Her recovery could also be a T-Copter or something.
exactly, her moveset could be pretty cool. A Blast if you know what i mean :3

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
exactly, her moveset could be pretty cool. A Blast if you know what i mean :3
I still don't understand why people are picking Sami over much more important characters to the plot like Andy, Jake, or Will (even though Days of Ruin isn't a real Advance Wars game). Even Eagle has a bigger presence in the plot than Sami.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I just want Lyn in this game somehow.... its funny how people still do the omfg 4 FE reps, when pokemon has a bunch, and most of the chars they suggest are already adding to 2+ reps already. As for the sword thing, there isnt alot of swordplay in smash, just no.

Also, to me, Taka and Lyn dont play the same way other then sword drawing. Taka's style would probably be like mitsurugi, and lyn's style will probably be like vergil's. completely different sword styles people.

Anyway, I dont really care what characters get in as long as Lyn is in there, and yes... even if that means we'll get pichu bros. lol

But seriously i think that

Lyn
Sami
Skull Kid
Knuckles
Isaac

Is possibly likely (pichu bros is such a troll throw in, i dont think its happening imo). Esp Isaac, no doubt that he's already made/strongly considered being made, i bet they already made at least one character already at this point. I'd say Lyn could have been made already since she's M2k approved and the popularity and whatnot, and her model is already there.

But that said, I think the PMBR already decided on chars long ago, and this thread is just for lulz to them.

back to lurking, dat flamewar tho, gud stuff.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You know what, I think I understand why people want Sami. Blue Moon, Yellow Comet, and Green Earth's COs aren't important enough to be playable, but all the Orange Star COs are literally tutorial COs. Andy is **** tier on all conceivable levels and Max is "more power lol" the character, while Sami actually has a bit of complexity to her design that opens creative combat use of units that are usually only used to get more daily funds for the more powerful units (or at least that's what she would be if she was balanced properly).

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Dream
MAINS::sonic:
:roypm::mewtwopm:

This would make my hype endless. All I want. Don't care what else happens. Don't care who else gets in.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
i think people are forgetting the fact that Slippy was shown to have unique animations in the april fools video. so i wouldnt be surprised if he was announced.

tho i feel this should be the additions:
1.Isaac (summoner elemental semi-swordsman) also rep of an unrep series.
2.Skull Kid (Troller Dark Mage)
3. Pichu/PichuBros( Cuz YOLO and melee vet seeking revenge) or Slippy (as the joke character/YOLO)
4. Sami (crazy explosive/weapon freak) i wasent really foward to the sami idea but she caught my interest.
5. Knuckles (Fighter Glider) i feel people have hated alot toward the sonic characters but i feel like knuckles would be the best one of all, he is a brawler and could be made amazingly good. and PM should have any type of problem by adding him since he appears both as a trophy and in the original Green Hill Zone in the background(and i also think as a sticker).

tho there are many chracters i would still accept and love if added even prefer above some of the mentioned, like Dark Samus, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Sukapon, and many others. i would still accept any decission made by the PMBR even if its not the same as mine, after all their work is by choice not because they need too.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Exodo pls, why are yiu taking slippy seriously, plus most of the time it seems that youre trolling while youre actually just dumb

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
i think people are forgetting the fact that Slippy was shown to have unique animations in the april fools video. so i wouldnt be surprised if he was announced.

tho i feel this should be the additions:
1.Isaac (summoner elemental semi-swordsman) also rep of an unrep series.
2.Skull Kid (Troller Dark Mage)
3. Pichu/PichuBros( Cuz YOLO and melee vet seeking revenge) or Slippy (as the joke character/YOLO)
4. Sami (crazy explosive/weapon freak) i wasent really foward to the sami idea but she caught my interest.
5. Knuckles (Fighter Glider) i feel people have hated alot toward the sonic characters but i feel like knuckles would be the best one of all, he is a brawler and could be made amazingly good. and PM should have any type of problem by adding him since he appears both as a trophy and in the original Green Hill Zone in the background(and i also think as a sticker).

tho there are many chracters i would still accept and love if added even prefer above some of the mentioned, like Dark Samus, Black Shadow, Black Knight, Sukapon, and many others. i would still accept any decission made by the PMBR even if its not the same as mine, after all their work is by choice not because they need too.
IIRC, talk of Knuckles was that he..

ran like Sonic, slowed down, Up B was shorter but shot him Up Forward instead of Straight up, his DTilt was remenicint pf Dudley's Double Handed Ankle Throw (SSF4), FAir was a frontflip into Hammer Hands (sonic's flip kic w/Spike but uses both hands instead), glide could smash attack it agains a wall to breifly wall climb, down smash dug slightly into the ground (deeper the longer charged) and pops back out a bit lower distance wise compared to Sonic's Up Smash, and could be angled. Hit harder than sonic and Jump Height is same but slightly heavier.
Yet, all of these are just my dream set-up for Knuckles.. sigh.

Exodo

Smash Ace
Exodo pls, why are yiu taking slippy seriously, plus most of the time it seems that youre trolling while youre actually just dumb
you seem like the type of people who argues alot, dont get me wrong i find slippy a dumb idea when things like Ray and Isaac can be added, but i just pointing out how it was shown him having unique animations, to me seems like you are the dumb one if you cant see that, plus your reasoning is not either clear, anyway you can think what you want about me.

in another note i dont get why people call this the "Forbidden Seven" sounds cliche to me, why not call the "The Seven PM Wonders" or "The Seven Wonders of PM" or something else. i dont see how they are Forbidden in anyway.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I dont really argue, but I still say youre dumb, not because of slippy

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
well you can think whatever you want, it doesnt add or subtracts anything to me. everyone with their own opinion.
Well I'm sure he isn't trying to subtract from you in the first place, that would be unnecessary violence. I'm also certain he doesn't want to add to you either, eventually you would grow so much you would consume the planet.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Making a legitimate down vote:

-1 vote Knuckles

My reason has already been provided.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I don't understand why people think Sami should get in over Andy. The only one I can think of is "Sami has a uterus and Andy doesn't" which is frankly a crap reason.
I don't mean to insult Sami supporters, I'd love to hear a different reason.
EDIT: I forgot about "She could be an easily made snake clone, which is a valid arguement.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I don't understand why people think Sami should get in over Andy. The only one I can think of is "Sami has a uterus and Andy doesn't" which is frankly a crap reason.
I don't mean to insult Sami supporters, I'd love to hear a different reason.
I can't say I speak for the entirety of that fanbase, but the fact that Sami has more votes than Andy would imply the fans like her more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom