• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I would actually have my stomach curl even more from a MGS character than a Sonic character. Snake is fine, but really the whole Metal Gear series is not very Nintendo at all. Snake already is somewhat out of place in Smash Bros and is in mainly because Sakurai was like "lol, okay" to Konami wanting Snake to be in. IMO, characters like Gray Fox and Liquid Snake do not belong at all. Sonic characters at least fit in better as they're more cartoony and have had an extensive history with Nintendo, most importantly, a number of crossover games.
Yeah I see that. It's still weird to me, though, so I'd still rather have no third-party characters at all.

And I begrudgingly admit that Sonic is still more Nintendo-y than any of the MGS characters, so I guess if one got announced but not an MGS character, I could live with it I guess. It's just Snake's charm for me personally was exactly that he didn't fit in, and seeing a superserious soldier spy interact with Nintendo's colorful characters was tongue-in-cheek. Nonetheless, another Sonic character is understandable.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Everyone is ignoring the greatness that would be Ukelele Pichu

-1 to normal Pichu, +1 to Ukelele pichu
(Lul dont count this for realz...)

Seriously though, if Pichu did make it in, I feel like the Ukelele would diversify him enough from Pika with what they could do with it.

I.e, Pichu could steal Jig's Sing, but it would be a quick and light damaging move. An off key sound could be played and the soundwaves could be modified to be sort of scratchy looking
That's actually a pretty interesting take on Pichu. I could get used to that. I think I still like Pichu Bros. better, but your idea is growing on me. We could actually have... UKULELE PICHU BROS.!!! Dear lord, I could get used to that. I like your idea of it stealing Jigg's Sing, and that could really differentiate him/them from Pikachu. The Ukulele could also be used for several new smashes, tilts, aerials, etc. I could get used to this idea. Pichu Little could use the Blue Ukulele and Pichu Big could use a red/pink one. Yes! I actually kinda want that now. Regular Pichu Bros. is fine as well. I would be equally happy with either of them!!

Shin F.

Smash Master
That's actually a pretty interesting take on Pichu. I could get used to that. I think I still like Pichu Bros. better, but your idea is growing on me. We could actually have... UKULELE PICHU BROS.!!! Dear lord, I could get used to that. I like your idea of it stealing Jigg's Sing, and that could really differentiate him/them from Pikachu. The Ukulele could also be used for several new smashes, tilts, aerials, etc. I could get used to this idea. Pichu Little could use the Blue Ukulele and Pichu Big could use a red/pink one. Yes! I actually kinda want that now. Regular Pichu Bros. is fine as well. I would be equally happy with either of them!!
As long as they can also have OrangeSodaGuy's Plasma / Discharge mechanic. IE it works like Plasma Kirby in Kirby Super Star, where moving around builds up electricity and he has a special move called Discharge that releases the build-up, with the attack being more powerful the more it's been built up.
I thought of another Pichu idea-- who remembers the Plasma ability from Kirby's Super Star?

What if Pichu had a move like that? It could start off as a very weak attack with short range, but could charge the more you ran around (dashdancing FTW) It would work well for a hit-n-run esque character. When fully charged, Pichu would become electrified, which would damage enemies that touched it (like in Super Star) as well as Pichu itself. Using the move then would unleash an incredibly powerful electric ball of death :troll:
To elaborate on the Plasma Pichu idea

Pichu's Thunder Jolt (B), Agility (up B) and Thunder (down B) would be his most revamped moves.

Thunder jolt would have less range, but would be able to paralyze opponents like ZSS's Paralyzer. Pichu will take damage from using this move, but it can give you time to escape if you're in a bind.

Agility would feature three zips instead of two (each zip would be slightly shorter than one of Pika's). The move still does no damage.

Thunder would instead become Discharge. Normally, Discharge would be a VERY weak move. The more Pichu runs around (again, dashdancing FTW), the more electricity it will build up. When fully charged, Pichu will become electrified-- anything it touches will take damage, and Pichu will take damage itself until it uses Discharge. Discharge would look similar to Pika's Thunder except for one thing-- it travels horizontally! Instead of coming from the clouds, Pichu will discharge a gigantic thunderbolt from it's own body that would shoot straight ahead, decimating all that it touches! The question is: can Pichu live long enough to use it?

Also, I had a really silly idea. If Pichu got a final smash, what if it was Destiny Bond? A 20-second timer would appear above Pichu's head, and if it is KO'd before that timer runs out, whoever landed the killing blow will be instantly defeated! Imagine the salt this would cause in Team Matches! :kappa:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Pichu can't use destiny bond. Would still be hilarious though.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The only Sonic characters I would find to be fairly good additions are Tails and Eggman. The others would feel out of place to me, don't know why. I guess because it's so iconic seeing Sonic and Tails together and since Eggman's been there forever.
My reasoning is a bit in the same lines, as Shadow was a major character present during Sonic's shift to 3rd party / Nintendo. I feel like that, rather it be for better or for worse, Shadow did have a major significance to the Sonic series. He was present during the best of the 3-D Sonic titles, and represents the last high point in the series in my eyes. Though his image was completely tarnished over the years, his introduction to the series still holds a place in my heart as the last great nostalgic point in Sonic.

Regardless, I completely understand why people would disagree with me on this matter. It is merely my opinion and nothing more. Eggman and Tails would be great though, I do agree. But even then, I'd rather just not see another new Sonic character at this point after seeing Sonic's new alts.

So I'm going to end this off with a question to Anti Guy. Regardless of what the PMBR ruling says, it is clear Shadow is likely a pipe dream now. That alt costume pretty much knocks him out of the running, so I'd like to put a +1 vote in his place if that is okay with you.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
As an Advocate for Knuckles, with what i said; Give him a Chance. Childhoods alike would die to see Sonic and Knuckles together in any game not named Sonic Heroes or on..

He's got a shot. I'm 100% Happy with his inclusion, and even for being an Under-the-radar character I love the PMBR for their full efforts towarda making this stable, slower, stronger sonic-clone cone to life.

Still don't care for him? Who cares, he's in there (as far as we know) and now you're left learning the match up.

ph yea; also i know nothing about himnever played him dont listen to me etc, etc..

fox4729

Smash Rookie
Alright I've been checking out these threads for a while and I'd like to throw my hat in the ring...discussion....you know what I mean. -_-

I've been a long time fan of the Mother series and I think I'd be cool to see Kumatora as a Lucas clone over the Masked Man.

My main reasoning for Kuma over the Masked Man is his spoileriffic nature, my second reason (and this is the one I'd like to make my main point) is I believe she'd make a better smasher.

In Mother 3 Kumatora is a very in your face brash type of character and I think that could transistion into smash quite well, she could use some of the less known PK attacks that effect status to differentiate her self from Ness and Lucas.

Brain shock a move that "makes the target feel strange" could replace PK Flash, and instead of it decimating everything in its path it could cause the dizzy animation that happens when a shield breaks. (Though I'd imagine it wouldn't last as long)

PK Ground, a Psionic move that no one else but her can learn could replace her side special as her primary projectile. So instead of a gout of fire she'd stomp the ground and wave of earth would speed along the ground toward her opponent.

I'd put PK Paralysis and Hypnosis but I can't really come up with how they'd be different from brainshock, but to be honest I haven't thought this all the way through I'm just trying to get the ball rolling for discussion about one of my favorite characters from Mother besides Ninten or Giegue who would end up as clones to Ness & Mewtwo at least with Kumatora I can try to be inventive.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
As an Advocate for Knuckles, with what i said; Give him a Chance. Childhoods alike would die to see Sonic and Knuckles together in any game not named Sonic Heroes or on..

He's got a shot. I'm 100% Happy with his inclusion, and even for being an Under-the-radar character I love the PMBR for their full efforts towarda making this stable, slower, stronger sonic-clone cone to life.

Still don't care for him? Who cares, he's in there (as far as we know) and now you're left learning the match up.

ph yea; also i know nothing about himnever played him dont listen to me etc, etc..
Look. Don't speak to me as if I'm not a core fan of the series. Anyone in this thread who has actually known me long enough knows how seriously and strongly I feel about the Sonic series. I've got nearly all the games since the beginning and have been growing up with them since I was a child. Nothing insults me more than the thought of a bunch of Sonic recolors wearing other character's gear while standing next to another Sonic character. It reeks of bad fan service attempt and playing favorites. I would say the same exact thing had Sonic been wearing a Knuckles outfit standing next to Shadow. It is extremely disorienting and wrong. I'm content with things the way they are and I don't think they should change because of that.

Plus, for the childhood experience, people would much rather see Tails with Sonic or Sonic against Eggman. As Sonic 2 was the most popular game in the series and still is to this day. Any person likely voting on Knuckles is an outsider who has no ties to the series, like yourself. No offense.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
So to make Takamaru unique, he needs more than just "swordsman with projectiles" - how would he be different from Link? How would he differ from Isaac, if he makes it in?
Read this post by Manlyspirit first om how different a style of sword play katana users bring to the forefront then consider the following:

Link is a swordsman character with projectiles that specializes in being a defensive wall. He wants to chill and throw **** at you in crazy patterns. He camps and harasses with his goal being preying on an opponent's patience and wearing them down in the neutral. When all else fails, he uses a sword longer than Melee Marth's blade to push opponents out into a more manageable position or just outright get the kill when they feel they've been softened up enough in their attempts at reaching him through the barrage. Link also has decent longevity due to his weight and things like his shield on top of a wonderful set of recovery options available to himself between tethers and advanced techs like bomb jumps.

Takanaru by design is the extreme opposite of this. His projectiles and projectile game are all about getting him in where he wants to be. He uses the potency or number of projectiles he tosses to force characters into unfavorable situations where he them moves in from to deal deft lethal strikes at an extreme close range. This is in part due to the fact that while sword draws from sheathed katanas are fast and vicious strikes, the full length of a katana is much shorter than that of the broadsword Link totes. Takamaru has the speed and "tricks" to stay in this extreme close range where he'd shine best through an impressive pressure game, but in gaining this, he trades the absolute bulk and recovery that Link possesses.

Takamaru to Issac comparisons are kinda silly too because Takamaru is actually a combatant who uses his sword to deal strike damage whereas every interpretation of Issac I've seen has him use his sword as a medium through which he conjures specific spells via stabbing gestures on the ground at the most. If anything, Issac's usage of his sword should be seen in a similar light as Gandalf from the Lord of The Rings/Hobbit stabbing a staff into the ground for a spell or Yen Sid making things happen with a gesture and point of his wand.

Edit: Here's a move set for the character btw.

Last edited:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Stopping by this thread and seeing that the character tier list...or whatever...is still Issac in first, Ridley a ~30 point second and Lyndis a ~ 30 points into third. This makes me really happy because if I could get Lyndis AND Issac all my dreams would come true. After that is a little surprising. I thought the Black Shadow/Ganondorf thing was not a big hit and I saw a lot of promotion for Takamaru and Ray MKII/III. Thought they would be beating Dark Samus and K. Rool by now.

I can safely say that Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favorite Sonic game....EVER! Still, I really hope they keep 3rd party representation 1 and 1.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Takamaru to Issac comparisons are kinda silly too because Takamaru is actually a combatant who uses his sword to deal strike damage whereas every interpretation of Issac I've seen has him use his sword as a medium through which he conjures specific spells via stabbing gestures on the ground at the most. If anything, Issac's usage of his sword should be seen in a similar light as Gandalf from the Lord of The Rings/Hobbit stabbing a staff into the ground for a spell or Yen Sid making things happen with a gesture and point of his wand.

Edit: Here's a move set for the character btw.
Regarding Isaac, I wouldn't take it that far. He's still a physical fighter at heart. Characters in Golden Sun are either mainly physical, or mainly psynergy. Isaac, Garret, Felix, and Piers are physical fighters, while Ivan, Mia, Jenna, and Sheba rely more on Psynergy. So despite Isaac being able to use Psynergy, he relies more on the sword than spells.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Regarding Isaac, I wouldn't take it that far. He's still a physical fighter at heart. Characters in Golden Sun are either mainly physical, or mainly psynergy. Isaac, Garret, Felix, and Piers are physical fighters, while Ivan, Mia, Jenna, and Sheba rely more on Psynergy. So despite Isaac being able to use Psynergy, he relies more on the sword than spells.
Oh, well this is actually the first I'm hearing of this. Would it be too much to ask you and other people well versed in Golden Sun combat to chime in on what Isaac would be like to stay true to the character?

Stopping by this thread and seeing that the character tier list...or whatever...is still Issac in first, Ridley a ~30 point second and Lyndis a ~ 30 points into third. This makes me really happy because if I could get Lyndis AND Issac all my dreams would come true. After that is a little surprising. I thought the Black Shadow/Ganondorf thing was not a big hit and I saw a lot of promotion for Takamaru and Ray MKII/III. Thought they would be beating Dark Samus and K. Rool by now.

I can safely say that Sonic 3 and Knuckles is my favorite Sonic game....EVER! Still, I really hope they keep 3rd party representation 1 and 1.
Care to drop a vote or half-vote on Takamaru to help that along? ;)

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh, well this is actually the first I'm hearing of this. Would it be too much to ask you and other people well versed in Golden Sun combat to chime in on what Isaac would be like to stay true to the character?
He'd probably be primarily a sword fighter with his specials being dedicated to his Psynergy - mainly Venus (or Earth / Plant) based magic. He could also use his Djinn to help. It might be pretty interesting to have him use Flint (his first Djinn) to charge his sword with energy for his Smash attacks. Flint wouldn't need to appear in order to do so (he doesn't in-battle in Golden Sun), but you'd be able to see it by his sword glowing golden / yellow.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hmm, in your honest opinion, would the two characters (Takamaru and Issac) be filling the same niches or would there be enough without stretching to make them both worthwhile entrants and unique to people with no experience to either?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hmm, in your honest opinion, would the two characters (Takamaru and Issac) be filling the same niches or would there be enough without stretching to make them both worthwhile entrants and unique to people with no experience to either?
They, in my opinion, are nothing alike. You can see Isaac as being the possible Robin of Project M, if that helps, just without the tomes and using Earth magic rather than lightning and fire, etc.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
As someone who's beat the first Golden Sun, they could fill different roles. Takamaru could use his katana and keep it sheathed most of the time before using it suddenly to attack, and Isaac could barely use his weapon (sword or axe) at all and focus more on Djinni and Psynergy.

Shinja'd

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
As Shin stated, he'd primarily be a sword fighter, but with his specials using Psynergy. For example:

B: Briar (Thorn Series) - Charge up unleash a radius of thorns from the ground around him
Up B: Ragnarok - Similar to Ike's Aether, but he summons a big sword from above, leaps to it, and strikes down
Side B: Demon Night - Launches a demon skull that wobbles like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.
Down B: Spire (Spire Series) - Summons a big rock spire that shoots straight up. Vertical attack like Pikachu's Thunder.

Final Smash: Grand Gaia (Gaia Series) - Unleashes hell

He can also use the Move Psynergy (the hand from his AT) as part of his grabs.

The rest of his attacks will all be sword attacks, or maybe a couple where he attacks with a Djinn

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Any person likely voting on Knuckles is an outsider who has no ties to the series, like yourself. No offense.
Unnecessary.

Knuckles has the closest anything like Sonic to fit a Fighting Game, and being an S&K/S3&K core fan since childhood aside, Knuckles just fits more.

Have faith in the PMBR, I've had Nothing to complain about yet. Knuckles as the one (and only) add-on from the Sonic Franchise is more than OK with me. From whatever i do/don't know, his placement is Sonic-esque yet unique enough to deserve any spot like Ganon, Falco, Roy, or Pichu (pls no) have had.

TL,DR; At least it's not Shadow/Silver/Amy/Metal/Blaze.
Ehh, Metal's fine.

EDIT: Sigh, though i hate to say it, I also can't disagree on Shadow holding a place in my heart for Dreamcast Era.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Knuckles has the closest anything like Sonic to fit a Fighting Game, and being an S&K/S3&K core fan since childhood aside, Knuckles just fits more.
Okay, just saying, being a fighting character alone doesn't make you a good fit for Smash Bros. It can be a plus, but when you consider that characters like Villager or ROB are a part of it, prior fighting skills don't really mean much.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Okay, just saying, being a fighting character alone doesn't make you a good fit for Smash Bros. It can be a plus, but when you consider that characters like Villager or ROB are a part of it, prior fighting skills don't really mean much.
Glaring Good point. Agreed.
Though not said as part of a debate, more as a defense for why I even advocate his inclusion.
I just feel if people saw/see him in action they'd feel differently, not that he deserves this vs. that and so on.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Unnecessary.

Have faith in the PMBR, I've had Nothing to complain about yet. Knuckles as the one (and only) add-on from the Sonic Franchise is more than OK with me. From whatever i do/don't know, his placement is Sonic-esque yet unique enough to deserve any spot like Ganon, Falco, Roy, or Pichu (pls no) have had.

TL,DR; At least it's not Shadow/Silver/Amy/Metal/Blaze.
Ehh, Metal's fine.
You completely dodged the point. Stop acting as if the thing you want is what I should be okay with. And you are also wrong. Nearly all of the Sonic characters have fighting game potential. I would even dare to wager that Tails has more potential than Knuckles. But like Shin said, a character's fighting expertise means literally nothing. All characters have potential.

And this "I have faith in the PMBR" crap sounds like you don't think I believe they are capable of making him fun. I'm more than aware they can make him fun. It has nothing to do with that. It is a matter of what they do for the fans of that series. And me being a fan myself, would be disgusted seeing Knuckles along with Sonic's alts.

Glaring Good point. Agreed.
Though not said as part of a debate, more as a defense for why I even advocate his inclusion.
I just feel if people saw/see him in action they'd feel differently, not that he deserves this vs. that and so on.
It isn't a good defense when it could be said about anyone from the Sonic series.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Solbliminal is correct. The argument that XXX "has fighting potential" should be completely irrelevant here. In Smash Bros, EVERYONE has fighting potential, from race car drivers, to princesses, to system peripheral devices.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
As Shin stated, he'd primarily be a sword fighter, but with his specials using Psynergy. For example:

B: Briar (Thorn Series) - Charge up unleash a radius of thorns from the ground around him
Up B: Ragnarok - Similar to Ike's Aether, but he summons a big sword from above, leaps to it, and strikes down
Side B: Demon Night - Launches a demon skull that wobbles like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.
Down B: Spire (Spire Series) - Summons a big rock spire that shoots straight up. Vertical attack like Pikachu's Thunder.

Final Smash: Grand Gaia (Gaia Series) - Unleashes hell

He can also use the Move Psynergy (the hand from his AT) as part of his grabs.

The rest of his attacks will all be sword attacks, or maybe a couple where he attacks with a Djinn
IMO, that's one of the less interesting ways to design the character. We have many sword characters already, and Isaac's sword fighting doesn't really add anything to the table unlike Takamaru or Lyn. The entire appeal comes from the Psynergy, the Djinn. If all his normals are just generic slashes everywhere you miss out on so much of what's appealing about him. At the very least make his smashes Psynergy attacks as well. The perfect Isaac would just have sword slashes for some tilts, jab, maybe 1-2 aerials.

(Also, it's spelled Isaac, everyone. Not Issac. Kudos to the people who actually got it right.)

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
You completely dodged the point. Stop acting as if the thing you want is what I should be okay with. And you are also wrong. Nearly all of the Sonic characters have fighting game potential. I would even dare to wager that Tails has more potential than Knuckles. But like Shin said, a character's fighting expertise means literally nothing. All characters have potential.

And this "I have faith in the PMBR" crap sounds like you don't think I believe they are capable of making him fun. I'm more than aware they can make him fun. It has nothing to do with that. It is a matter of what they do for the fans of that series. And me being a fan myself, would be disgusted seeing Knuckles along with Sonic's alts.

It isn't a good defense when it could be said about anyone from the Sonic series.
Sigh. Whyyy;
As far as Sonic characters are concerned, i'm not fighting over it. Still anxiously awaiting 3.5 whether Knuckles, Tails, or anyone makes the cut. Pre-3.0 Knuckles was great, if he gets finished and playable, yay, if not him/no one, fine as well. Aggressive. ;A;

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
IMO, that's one of the less interesting ways to design the character. We have many sword characters already, and Isaac's sword fighting doesn't really add anything to the table unlike Takamaru or Lyn. The entire appeal comes from the Psynergy, the Djinn. If all his normals are just generic slashes everywhere you miss out on so much of what's appealing about him. At the very least make his smashes Psynergy attacks as well. The perfect Isaac would just have sword slashes for some tilts, jab, maybe 1-2 aerials.

(Also, it's spelled Isaac, everyone. Not Issac. Kudos to the people who actually got it right.)
It was a very brief example. He could have other moves intertwined his regular attacks, such as Helm Splitter and Sabre Dance. But aside from a few, most of his Psynergy attacks are summons. And plus, we can't have him go summon-crazy, or else the developers or the game's memory would not be able to handle it. He can have a lot of Earthly effects with his attacks too. There are many creative ways to work in his sword attacks. I just did not go into that detail.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Just gonna say that although Isaac's name is spelled this way in Golden Sun, the name Issac is not entirely incorrect. It's an alternative spelling that's actually quite common.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Last post on the subject: just using my example above, there are already a bunch of articles involved:

-The Ragnarok sword
-The Briar thorns
-The Demon Night
-The Spire
-The Move Hand

That's a lot! BUT, if they were STILL able to add more, then Isaac can do a couple more summons:

-Another Briar or Quake-like attack for a down smash, where he spreads out with thorns or rock spires. I don't think this actually ahs to be an article though, since it's just a temporary effect with hit boxes.

-Up Smash can be Punji - a bamboo attack that goes straight up from the ground.

-He has a bunch of summons, like from the Tamer class or from the Samurai and Dark Mage classes. For example, his side smash might invoke a a Wild Wolf that attacks, then disappears. Some of his aerial attacks (down air is definitely Helm Splitter), especially nair and uair, could summon Demons or Living Armor to attack really quickly before disappearing.

Last edited:

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Just gonna say that although Isaac's name is spelled this way in Golden Sun, the name Issac is not entirely incorrect. It's an alternative spelling that's actually quite common.
Really? My name is Isaac, and I've never actually seen it ever spelled Issac outside of the very common spelling errors people make.

Last post on the subject: just using my example above, there are already a bunch of articles involved:

-The Ragnarok sword
-The Briar thorns
-The Demon Night
-The Spire
-The Move Hand

That's a lot! BUT, if they were STILL able to add more, then Isaac can do a couple more summons:

-Another Briar or Quake-like attack for a down smash, where he spreads out with thorns or rock spires. I don't think this actually ahs to be an article though, since it's just a temporary effect with hit boxes.

-Up Smash can be Punji - a bamboo attack that goes straight up from the ground.

-He has a bunch of summons, like from the Tamer class or from the Samurai and Dark Mage classes. For example, his side smash might invoke a a Wild Wolf that attacks, then disappears. Some of his aerial attacks (down air is definitely Helm Splitter), especially nair and uair, could summon Demons or Living Armor to attack really quickly before disappearing.
Ooh, this sounds good. And not all of those have to be articles- the hand could be part of his model, for example.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Really? My name is Isaac, and I've never actually seen it ever spelled Issac outside of the very common spelling errors people make.
It's not used as much as the normal spelling, but yeah, Issac is an actual alternative spelling. Pretty cool that your name is Isaac, though. I've always liked that name.

I know how you'd feel about seeing your own name spelled differently, though. My name is Anthony, and it's always really awkward for me to see it without the "h". Even though Antony is a correct spelling, it feels wrong.
Ooh, this sounds good. And not all of those have to be articles- the hand could be part of his model, for example.
Yeah, depending on how it's done, the Briar Throns and Spire might not need to be Articles, either.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Sigh. Whyyy;
As far as Sonic characters are concerned, i'm not fighting over it. Still anxiously awaiting 3.5 whether Knuckles, Tails, or anyone makes the cut. Pre-3.0 Knuckles was great, if he gets finished and playable, yay, if not him/no one, fine as well. Aggressive. ;A;
I'm not being aggressive. I stated my opinion and you spoke up as if no one should feel negatively about Knuckles. I'm allowed to not want to see a character. It doesn't make me mean or wrong for feeling that way either. As a long time fan of the series, I do have a say in the matter of what I do and do not want to see. Especially without having to be questioned about my opinion as if I'm wrong in the matter.

I'm not hating on your taste. You're allowed to like whatever you want. But don't expect me or anyone else to feel the same way. That is unfair to those of us who really would like to see other characters instead.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
@ Anti Guy Anti Guy Also, Sorry for the double post. But you never got back to me on my question. I would like to remove my vote for Shadow, because I strongly feel that he has been removed from the running.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
It's not used as much as the normal spelling, but yeah, Issac is an actual alternative spelling. Pretty cool that your name is Isaac, though. I've always liked that name.

I know how you'd feel about seeing your own name spelled differently, though. My name is Anthony, and it's always really awkward for me to see it without the "h". Even though Antony is a correct spelling, it feels wrong.

Yeah, depending on how it's done, the Briar Throns and Spire might not need to be Articles, either.
It does get annoying, definitely. Everyone I meet can't spell my name right lol, even Christians who really should know it from the Bible.

Btw,
+1 Ray. Pretty sure this is my last upvote.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
+1 Vote to Shin. Shin is the best character ever.

Jk. I'll come up with something soon and inform you guys what I decide. But seriously though. Shin for Mother 5.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
@ Anti Guy Anti Guy Also, Sorry for the double post. But you never got back to me on my question. I would like to remove my vote for Shadow, because I strongly feel that he has been removed from the running.
Trade up to something better bro. Drop that vote on The Samurai™.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom