• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
I can back this guys story. Knuckles is in The next release for sure. My dad works at PBR.

Pink gold peach too!

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Well what about the 5-slot limit? If Knuckles is near-ready and they actually fixed the character limit to exceed five then there's no reason to throw away a lot of work. So the question is, did they fix the limit?
Here's the thing.
They didn't.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
They said that they got rid of the 5 character limit long ago. Phantom Wings figured it out, remember?
Project M's Clone Engine isn't the same as the BrawlEx Clone Engine. I don't think they're using PhantomWings' version.

In any case, I doubt more than 5 characters would be good for the game's balance and combined with the amount of work going into each one, I doubt they would add more than that.

Last edited:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
See, I remember it being mentioned that the limit was fixed but I can't remember if it was confirmed but it was also said that they weren't even going to include more than five newcomers either way. So there's also that.

GeZ

Smash Lord
See, I remember it being mentioned that the limit was fixed but I can't remember if it was confirmed but it was also said that they weren't even going to include more than five newcomers either way. So there's also that.
Yeah, like they did say they removed the limit, but also said they wouldn't add that many characters.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Ok so they removed the limit... but are not planning on ever exceeding said limit. Ok so the PM devs are confirmed insane at this point. Just like Sakurai. I knew they still looked up to him even while they "corrected" his work.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
They stated they aren't using the BrawlExe Engine, because of loading times and a few other obstacles that I can't remember as of now.

That could change, but yeaa it's probably best for discussion that as of now we assume they will not switch.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Okay, caught me; I didn't have to join until a month ago, otherwise just lurked for answers instead of repeating the questions.

You are right though, the person who let us partake in pre-3.0 is trustworthy, i'm greatfu, and I'm lying/not lying about Knuckles or whoever, and so on and so forth..

I just trust the PMBR with what they choose to do and how they do it, simple as that. Sonic related or Otherwise.
Unless it's Pichu.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Okay, caught me; I didn't have to join until a month ago, otherwise just lurked for answers instead of repeating the questions.

You are right though, the person who let us partake in pre-3.0 is trustworthy, i'm greatfu, and I'm lying/not lying about Knuckles or whoever, and so on and so forth..

I just trust the PMBR with what they choose to do and how they do it, simple as that. Sonic related or Otherwise.
Unless it's Pichu.
Hmm...
Hmm...
Hmmmmmm...
I believe this man. Let him live.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Anywho, back to Speculating;

I'd like Dixie Kong, but she'd be still too similar to Diddy, and its only because every perfect Model swap for her edits Diddy's bone layout to lose her Jab 1 and DTilt. (Sadface)

I'd love Ninten, or Claus, Kumatora, Paula, Or even Starman Ultra.
My Money would be going all towards Ashley (WarioWare) though.
Using Zelda or Ness as a Base, i think it'd be amazing.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It's not about top players opinions necessarily, the problem more lies in that a lot of players in here don't frequent the rest of the forums, so it's hard to pop in here and take completely seriously people with 1500 posts that are mostly from this thread.
Post counts should be irrelevant for opinions.

Frequency of other threads isn't really that good either. I mean if someone who only stayed in this thread had voted against black shadow / ganon for the same reasons you did, I think you would take those points as "extremely valid" , "Very accurate", or whatever, as opposed to people who want the other thing.

Likewise, Lets assume that a big ganondorf player, like let's just say it was someone who was really good, if they were active in most of the forums here, posted helpful guides to ganon play, and did really good with him in tournaments, and advocated the black shadow/ganon idea, I'm 100% sure that both you and I would still think it's a ridiculous idea, regardless of his status.

The opinion is what's important, not so much who posted it.
Delivery is key as well.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Post counts should be irrelevant for opinions.

Frequency of other threads isn't really that good either. I mean if someone who only stayed in this thread had voted against black shadow / ganon for the same reasons you did, I think you would take those points as "extremely valid" , "Very accurate", or whatever, as opposed to people who want the other thing.

Likewise, Lets assume that a big ganondorf player, like let's just say it was someone who was really good, if they were active in most of the forums here, posted helpful guides to ganon play, and did really good with him in tournaments, and advocated the black shadow/ganon idea, I'm 100% sure that both you and I would still think it's a ridiculous idea, regardless of his status.

The opinion is what's important, not so much who posted it.
Delivery is key as well.
But see the thing is that you can judge peoples ideas/ opinions based off of 2 things. First is their results in the game, which is the latter choice, and second being how well they articulate and reason their ideas, which is the more favorable choice. The thing is, if a well reasoned/ well thought out point isn't presented, then all people have to go off of is the players ability in the game.
I said that already, and working on averages, appealing to ethos functions fine. Not perfectly, but if it's all you have to go on then it's a fine substitute with notable but obvious exceptions. Besides, if anything post count usually suggests more experience in the forum setting and can mean they at least know how to present ideas. Threads like these can take away from that because massive post counts are fed infinite likes bcuz whatever, but it's a reasonable assumption if the quality/ calibur of their argument seems up to snuff.

learn 2 step up senpai

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I said that already, and working on averages, appealing to ethos functions. Not perfectly but if it's all you have to go on then it's a fine substitute with notable but obvious exceptions.

learn 2 step up senpai
I didn't even see that post.

#ForumJohns

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
#ithappens

Edit: But because it looks like I'm being corrected people will still like your comment.

#****idy

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I want the Pichu Brothers, with the ability to hold R to play as regular Pichu, similar to Ice Climbers.

please

pleaseee

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I want the Pichu Brothers, with the ability to hold R to play as regular Pichu, similar to Ice Climbers.

please

pleaseee
They should use my Idea of Plusle & Minun; Two Pichus that can Desync couldn't make them suck more.

So I'd hope.

Shin F.

Smash Master
They should use my Idea of Plusle & Minun; Two Pichus that can Desync couldn't make them suck more.

So I'd hope.
Pichu Brothers makes more sense to me, to satisfy the fans he had from Melee. Same functioning, added bonus of appeasing his Melee mains.

It's better from a technical standpoint, as well. It also allows them to simply reuse his Melee voice clips rather than having to gather a bunch for Plusle and Minun. And let's be honest - would any of the boss soundbanks have enough sound effects for two individual fighters? I really doubt it. I've had experience using Boss soundbanks for fighters when adding sounds to BrawlEx characters, and they've got very, very few clips to work with. The Pichu Bros could share sounds unlike Plusle and Minun.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Problem is making them distinctively different functionality wise from ice climbers without overshadowing them either.

Pichu even just from melee alone already has a better recovery than most characters.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I over looked the sfx portion completely. Pichu Bros works, one Shiny w/ear notch and one Not with a bow of sorts?

That said, i'm pretty happy that Starman Ultra would sound like a mash up of 16-bit music, Samus, and G&W so that's easy enough.

I do think, whether it be dual Pichu or ProMai, Having DeSyncable Pichu's that have the option to SoPo is actually adding new while keeping fans happy.

Still would rather Pichu be left behind.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I haven't been around this thread for awhile, so I'm kinda lost, but the Pichu Bros. with the ability to SoPo sounds like an AMAZING idea. As is, all characters from Melee have been accounted for (even Young Link, since Toon Link is Young Link, just cel-shaded) except for Pichu. Giving Pichu two Pichu in one character could really be good for balance: twice the power with regular amount of recoil. And for Melee fans, just SoPo for regular Pichu. And for Plusle & Minun fans, I have a feeling that if this does happen, they're gonna have a Plusle & Minun palette swap/Alt. Costume cosplay. Shin's right about the technical part and it makes more since because we can have an iconic duo as a character rather than a generic Plusle & Minun and two-in-one package characters are drastically unrepresented and are feasibly possible, so that just raises their value. I think it's just a better idea in general.

The Knuckles character doesn't sound like a bad idea, though the source sounds a bit sketchy. It's good to have more 3rd party recognition, though I would have rather had Raiden or Grey Fox or something. But Knuckles sounds good, and from the way he was described, if he was even telling the truth, I could totally get into him. But, if you look at the Alt. Costume section SiLeNtD00m said it was because they didn't want to clash with Team Colors and wanted all Team Colors to be the same model. Not sure if it was coverup or the PMBR was lying about not working on a new character back then, but I'll consider it plausible until proven wrong.

In conclusion, GO PICHU BROS., go Knuckles.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I'd go into detail on how Knuck's played, but i'd rather not further bring down the guy nice enough to share what he was given to us (me and a group of friends/enthusiasts), but guarantee that (lying or not) he was legit enough of both clone and independant nature for me to spend months upon months whining about getting to use him again. I dig Sonic and all, but not enough to whine about any character from Sonic 06 not in project m. Regardless, i'm still soooo impatient for release even if no one gets added.

TL;DR: Knuckles, yo. I advocate it. Real or Not~

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
When Ridley is de-confirmed for Smash 4, there is going to be an absolute deluge in requests for him to be in Project M. Be prepared.

The one good thing though is that Ridley is by far the most wanted newcomer for Smash 4, and the announcement for his de-confirmation and the possibility of him being possibly made into a character for Project M would help draw in animators to make Ridley a reality.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
*DISconfirmation, guys ;)

When Ridley is de-confirmed for Smash 4, there is going to be an absolute deluge in requests for him to be in Project M. Be prepared.

The one good thing though is that Ridley is by far the most wanted newcomer for Smash 4, and the announcement for his de-confirmation and the possibility of him being possibly made into a character for Project M would help draw in animators to make Ridley a reality.
And I think they have all the animators they already need, probably.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Eh, I think I remember Vigilante saying they could use more animators to help speed up development. I'm currently on mobile, could someone confirm that for me real quick, it could have been a different PMBR/DT member.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The best option after Risconfirm Didley in smash 4 would be the PMBr releasing a video about him

And in the video

All it says is "Nope" :troll:

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Ridley never being playable in smash is pretty much already a long-running gag ever since the melee scene of him made people think he was an unlockable and I wouldn't be surprised if PM devs kept it going to hilarious effect. So much trolling possibilities here. King kong majora-tier trolling.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ridley never being playable in smash is pretty much already a long-running gag ever since the melee scene of him made people think he was an unlockable and I wouldn't be surprised if PM devs kept it going to hilarious effect. So much trolling possibilities here. King kong majora-tier trolling.
They already did this with the April Fool's video this year.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The hype was real :'(
They are really going to be in hot water, because I am 95% sure Ridley is a boss in Smash 4.

And keep in mind, most Ridley fans still think he is going to be playable in Smash 4 at this point, and half of all Smash Bros. fans also think this way.

Its really going to be a deluge when the de-confirmation finally hits, especially considering Sakurai has been trolling the fanbase for nearly a year with it.

GeZ

Smash Lord
They are really going to be in hot water, because I am 95% sure Ridley is a boss in Smash 4.

And keep in mind, most Ridley fans still think he is going to be playable in Smash 4 at this point, and half of all Smash Bros. fans also think this way.

Its really going to be a deluge when the de-confirmation finally hits, especially considering Sakurai has been trolling the fanbase for nearly a year with it.
I wouldn't oversell peoples belief in Ridley making it in that much. Nobody in my town, in the smash community or otherwise has thought Ridley was ever going to make it.

I also don't see Ridley being a boss as an important factor. Ridley was a boss in Brawl, that's the only reason Ridley could even be made into a character safely (legal wise).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wouldn't oversell peoples belief in Ridley making it in that much. Nobody in my town, in the smash community or otherwise has thought Ridley was ever going to make it.

I also don't see Ridley being a boss as an important factor. Ridley was a boss in Brawl, that's the only reason Ridley could even be made into a character safely (legal wise).
Go visit the Smash 4 section to this site. People are still mostly expecting Ridley as a playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom