• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I'm so sorry I offended you
It's not like you've constantly and consistently berated people for having a different opinion
It's not like that's what fascists do or anything like that
Anyways, I sincerely apologize
You wouldn't have offended me if you had approached me with some more creativity beyond "shut up".

Anyway I don't... I don't "berate" people... >_>

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724

On a serious note, this is clearly bullying on your part arcticfox. It seems Warsaint777 is the punching bag of a lot of people because his opinions are both blasphemous as they are inconceivable to the majority of the thread. Hell, him and 2 other people were one of the reasons I took a 2 day absence because of sheer stupidity (for lack of a kinder word) and arguments that had no point. Even though he comes off as a troll and he has a crude way of joking, all of his posts were never meant to belittle or berate anyone...just harmless fun imo. Telling someone to "Shutup" on a forum, especially a speculation forum, is a major low blow because forums are designed to be a community of different people each giving similar and different opinions. If Warsaint777 isn't allowed to give his opinion, what's the point? Also, I should say that he is one of the people keeping the thread alive (since currently it's not in the best of states). Even though his methods aren't great, he's facilitating discussion which brings about more opinions which is never a bad thing.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but I don't get how him shutting down an FE fan for supporting FE characters contributes to discussion, or me calling him out for it is bullying.
I couldn't give 2 ****s about his other views or how he's a punching bag in the thread already. That was uncool and I was just doing my part to get senseless bullying out of the thread.
But you know whatever. I'm the bully because I want it to stop, because I want more valuable discussion. As long as it keeps the thread active everything's fine, I suppose. I'll do better in the future.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I'm sorry but I don't get how him shutting down an FE fan for supporting FE characters contributes to discussion, or me calling him out for it is bullying.
I couldn't give 2 ****s about his other views or how he's a punching bag in the thread already. That was uncool and I was just doing my part to get senseless bullying out of the thread.
But you know whatever. I'm the bully because I want it to stop, because I want more valuable discussion. As long as it keeps the thread active everything's fine, I suppose. I'll do better in the future.
"Shut up"

YEAH YOU GOT HIM GOOD.

If you're going to get him to stop say something that doesn't make you sound like a mad child. Just going "Shut up" doesn't win any points or make a point aside from those 2 likes you got.

Shin F.

Smash Master

On a serious note, this is clearly bullying on your part arcticfox. It seems Warsaint777 is the punching bag of a lot of people because his opinions are both blasphemous as they are inconceivable to the majority of the thread. Hell, him and 2 other people were one of the reasons I took a 2 day absence because of sheer stupidity (for lack of a kinder word) and arguments that had no point. Even though he comes off as a troll and he has a crude way of joking, all of his posts were never meant to belittle or berate anyone...just harmless fun imo. Telling someone to "Shutup" on a forum, especially a speculation forum, is a major low blow because forums are designed to be a community of different people each giving similar and different opinions. If Warsaint777 isn't allowed to give his opinion, what's the point? Also, I should say that he is one of the people keeping the thread alive (since currently it's not in the best of states). Even though his methods aren't great, he's facilitating discussion which brings about more opinions which is never a bad thing.
Uh, you've got things a tad backwards here.
Anyone who wants even a single new FE or Mother char. in PM has a butt for a face and a face for a butt.

And anyone who thinks Ridley is cool is anatomically made up of doodoo.
You call this giving an opinion? He can say he doesn't find these series or characters worthy all he wants, but what he's doing with this statement isn't discussing characters or series, he's insulting the people in the thread who do support them. And why?
This thread has dwindled as of late of its salt and fire. I'll take the heat of initial instigator.
Because he wants flames and salt. If he has nothing meaningful to contribute, he shouldn't post. If he does have something of worth to say, great. Let's talk. But posts like this are no good.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
"Shut up"

YEAH YOU GOT HIM GOOD.

If you're going to get him to stop say something that doesn't make you sound like a mad child. Just going "Shut up" doesn't win any points or make a point aside from those 2 likes you got.
And you'll see that I followed up twice, hell, you just quoted the second time.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
I'm not saying that you're in the wrong, but there are better ways of communicating than telling someone to "Shutup". I know majority of his posts are senseless (mostly due to his ignorance) but he did provided considerate opinion in other circumstances so you can't write him off as a "senseless bully". Troll...maybe, but he's no bully.

You call this giving an opinion? He can say he doesn't find these series or characters worthy all he wants, but what he's doing with this statement isn't discussing characters or series, he's insulting the people in the thread who do support them. And why?

Because he wants flames and salt. If he has nothing meaningful to contribute, he shouldn't post. If he does, great. Let's talk. But posts like this are no good.

Like, I said in the previous post and the top of this post, majority of his posts are senseless and he acts like a troll in most instances. If we are going to nitpick on all his posts I'm going to estimate that we will find 80% of his posts similar to this. But the other 20% are normal opinions. Maybe it's my fault for trying to see the good in people but as I stated in the last post those posts are signs of his crude humor meant to poke fun but not to berate or to belittle anyone. I agree his insufficient posts should be toned down but if someone said it in a way that wasn't hurtful or berating then I would have no problem with this.

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Wait, did I sound salty? Damn, I need to work on my approach then. :p

Shin F.

Smash Master
Like, I said in the previous post and the top of this post, majority of his posts are senseless and he acts like a troll in most instances. If we are going to nitpick on all his posts I'm going to estimate that we will find 80% of his posts similar to this. But the other 20% are normal opinions. Maybe it's my fault for trying to see the good in people but as I stated in the last post those posts are signs of his crude humor meant to poke fun but not to berate or to belittle anyone. I agree his insufficient posts should be toned down but if someone said it in a way that wasn't hurtful or berating then I would have no problem with this.
Really? So when Warsaint insults people to instigate flames and intentionally start an argument, he's just poking fun and it's funny, but when Arctic tells him to shut up (IE, to stop making ignorant and insulting posts so we can have some real discussion), he's bullying?

Seems legit.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This thread has dwindled as of late of its salt and fire. I'll take the heat of initial instigator.

Anyone who wants even a single new FE or Mother char. in PM has a butt for a face and a face for a butt.

And anyone who thinks Ridley is cool is anatomically made up of doodoo.
Are we being serious right now? Honestly I wouldn't be surprised, but if so, I've had about enough.

On the other point about Smash 4 and Ike, which isn't relevant to the thread but I need to get off my chest anyway, please research characters before making comments about them. Ike is objectively one of the most important lords in the history of the series. There, I've said my piece.

But yeah. In reference to many other posts, please use a simple google search or look through the Smash 4 threads if you need information, especially if it's readily accessible, we don't need it all up in here.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Arctic this is 100% your fault for flying off the handle. Any mildly intuitive person would know that absurdly transparent "flame" post back yonder harbored absolutely no malice whatsover. You are just totally aggro and/or bored.

Your first psychotic snapping was in response to "What is wrong with you people" which, what the hell? How do you even know what I was talking about or what my intentions were?

Unless you seriously have a butt for a face and a face for a butt you have no reason to react so personally to anything I've said.

edit: I think the misunderstanding arose from me saying "what is wrong with you people" as a tasteless joke in response to that dude mentioning he had written out an extensive moveset on some FE char which was humbling for him to do and I should have responded in more tact but instead I kept up with my zealous no-FE-char. campaign and in turn made it look like I was shunning a dude for drawing out an articulate moveset, which would be a bad move intentionally not only because it would be a pointless personal attack, but because tons of people in these forums do that kind of thing (including myself).

Or maybe that's me reading into **** too hard. Can we just get past this? I seriously am not mean to people even if it comes off that way.

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Really? So when Warsaint insults people to instigate flames and intentionally start an argument, he's just poking fun and it's funny, but when Arctic tells him to shut up (IE, to stop making ignorant and insulting posts so we can have some real discussion), he's bullying?

Seems legit.
Shutup ≠ to stop making ignorant and insulting posts so we can have some real discussion. Shutup is used to attack people, no more, no less. The fact that you posted this without thinking reeks of personal bias which clouds judgment and common sense so I can't take much of your posts about this topic at face value. I'm not against anyone here, if I'm against anything it's a bad community. I acknowledged that Warsaint's posts should be toned down yet you decide to ignore that and continue to attack as if you're out for blood. If you have any objections, I ask that you think carefully before posting because I can't take this post seriously.

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Arctic this is 100% your fault for flying off the handle. Any mildly intuitive person would know that absurdly transparent "flame" post back yonder harbored absolutely no malice whatsover. You are just totally aggro and/or bored.

Your first psychotic snapping was in response to "What is wrong with you people" which, what the hell? How do you even know what I was talking about or what my intentions were?

Unless you seriously have a butt for a face and a face for a butt you have no reason to react so personally to anything I've said.
Plz stahp. From day one you've caused nothing but grief to this thread. Now when somebody tries to put you back in line, you say it is their fault and that they are the instigator? Not cool.

Spleenhunter

Smash Cadet
Hey guys sorry to interrupt but here's an idea for a Metroid character. For the record I think both DS and Ridley are better choices.

What if we had a generic space pirate? Although they are actually pretty lackluster enemies in the 2D games, they have a lot of importance in the story, as well as pretty cool designs in the Prime series. They have both ranged attacks and that weird sword claw and are shown to be very agile.
Ideas from the prime series:
-Some of them have a cloaking field. This could be used as a type counter or teleport.
-Lots of beams (wave beam, plasma beam, ice beam, power beam) as well as weird grenades and cannon things.
-Jet Pack for recovery.
-It might be cool to have one of their Jolly Roger Drones or a turret as a chargeable move (like Offense Up). After you finish using the move, a drone follows you and does attacks.

I don't know, even I'm not sure about this idea, especially considering they aren't a specific character. I'm liking my Shy Guy idea more, and that was made sarcastically. What do you guys think about this?

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys sorry to interrupt but here's an idea for a Metroid character. For the record I think both DS and Ridley are better choices.

What if we had a generic space pirate? Although they are actually pretty lackluster enemies in the 2D games, they have a lot of importance in the story, as well as pretty cool designs in the Prime series. They have both ranged attacks and that weird sword claw and are shown to be very agile.
Ideas from the prime series:
-Some of them have a cloaking field. This could be used as a type counter or teleport.
-Lots of beams (wave beam, plasma beam, ice beam, power beam) as well as weird grenades and cannon things.
-Jet Pack for recovery.
-It might be cool to have one of their Jolly Roger Drones or a turret as a chargeable move (like Offense Up). After you finish using the move, a drone follows you and does attacks.

I don't know, even I'm not sure about this idea, especially considering they aren't a specific character. I'm liking my Shy Guy idea more, and that was made sarcastically. What do you guys think about this?
Sounds neat, but it would never make it in.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
i just wanna thank you guys for making this thread the funniest* one on the PM boards
you people can't seem to get over yourselves :)

*(read: dumbest)

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724

Sorry, I can't let this post go. This is not 100% Arctic's fault and he should not be blamed for all of this. You drove him over the edge because of your posts so you should at least take some responsibility. If it was one post then you may have an argument but since you constantly "joked" I don't blame him for being angry. You and others drove me over the edge at one point but there is no point in raging, it accomplishes nothing but flame wars like this. My only advice to you is to tone down your posts or risk not being taken seriously and ultimately hated by most of this section of the community

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Warsaint blatantly says he wants to start salt.

Arctic tries to keep him from becoming too much of a nuisance.

Arctic is declared a bully.

Unless I'm mistaken, this thread just turned into the public school system.

Exodo

Smash Ace
Warsaint blatantly says he wants to start salt.

Arctic tries to keep him from becoming too much of a nuisance.

Arctic is declared a bully.

Unless I'm mistaken, this thread just turned into the public school system.
i guess i would be that one guy that always sits alone and has no friends... oh and

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
It seems Warsaint777 is the punching bag of a lot of people because his opinions are both blasphemous as they are inconceivable to the majority of the thread.
Ok um I appreciate the understanding but I don't... I mean does voting against further FE /Mother chars really count as inconceivable blasphemy? Geesh.

Look for the record I don't want to try to look like I'm saying "arc is wrong and I'm right" or whatever, the truth is I annoy people on forums because if I'm not speaking my opinoin in a way that's boisterous and patronizing then i'm throwing out self-aware insults that I can only hope land harmlessly. At regular intervals a respectable person will get fed up and figuratively suckerpunch me on impulse after so much exposure; I'm used to this and I choose not to change it because I think it adds more color and life to discussion despite the occasional tension.

So let's just say it's both our fault or nobody's fault-- I don't care. I won't admit to being a bully is my only assertion though that's nuts.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
There's a difference between

I'm not going to support any Mother or FE reps, we have enough for those series.

and

Pffft, y'all are dumb f*cks. Anyone who supports Mother and FE reps is just downright stupid.

You go about stating your opinions in an asinine way, that is obviously meant to offend people.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I would want Knuckles to be a CE character. He's got a ton of different moves that could transfer over well into smash bros, plus the dude is pretty popular.

And this FE argument isn't going anywhere so lets drop it.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
There's a difference between

I'm not going to support any Mother or FE reps, we have enough for those series.

and

Pffft, y'all are dumb f*cks. Anyone who supports Mother and FE reps is just downright stupid.

You go about stating your opinions in an asinine way, that is obviously meant to offend people.
But your WRONG THOUGH DUDE! You are basing this solely on that ONE post that was so RIDICULOUSLY transparent with the absolute GOOFIEST "insults", containing ZERO profanity--- It was so painfully obviously a joke, that was SO lighthearted. I can't even. That is totally so unfair!

Seriously. For god sakes. Show me an instance of my asininity apart from that post where I called you face-butts and that you were made of doodoo. Reveal to me my ignorance and cruelty. That goes for you three that liked psy's post too.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
But your WRONG THOUGH DUDE! You are basing this all on that ONE post that was so RIDICULOUSLY transparent with the absolute GOOFIEST "insults", containing ZERO profanity--- It was so painfully obviously a joke, that was SO lighthearted. I can't even. That is totally so unfair!

Seriously. For god sakes. Show me an instance of my asininity apart from that post where I called you face-butts and that you were made of doodoo. Reveal to me my ignorance and cruelty. That goes for you three that liked psy's post too.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Ok um I appreciate the understanding but I don't... I mean does voting against further FE /Mother chars really count as inconceivable blasphemy? Geesh.

Look for the record I don't want to try to look like I'm saying "arc is wrong and I'm right" or whatever, the truth is I annoy people on forums because if I'm not speaking my opinoin in a way that's boisterous and patronizing then i'm throwing out self-aware insults that I can only hope land harmlessly. At regular intervals a respectable person will get fed up and figuratively suckerpunch me on impulse after so much exposure; I'm used to this and I choose not to change it because I think it adds more color and life to discussion despite the occasional tension.

So let's just say it's both our fault or nobody's fault-- I don't care. I won't admit to being a bully is my only assertion though that's nuts.
Pretty much what Psykid said. There are ways of going about things which is why I called both you and Arctic out. I have nothing against other people's opinions but if they lack common sense that's when I have a problem. And when I do have a problem, I always ask them to explain themself so I can at least try to understand them. I'm known to be a Pichu hater because I find that the character brings about nothing new or unique to even be considered as a clone engine character and still to this day, no one has given me any reason to consider Pichu as a character. Do people think differently? Yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion. Do they mock me for hating a character they like? No, because I gave my reason in the politest way possible without demeaning the character or the supporters. Moral of this story, watch what you say, you never know if it will bite you in the back.

You are no bully, anyone who thinks otherwise is biased beyond belief. However you do come off as immature, but nobody's perfect :awesome:

I would want Knuckles to be a CE character. He's got a ton of different moves that could transfer over well into smash bros, plus the dude is pretty popular.

And this FE argument isn't going anywhere so lets drop it.
Hey whoa whoa whoa...since when was Knuckles popular?! I know he's the top contender in terms of Sonic characters but that's not saying much because last time I checked they were in the negative votes. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom