• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hector's ARMOR could work easily for Ike. I also want Lord and Vanguard, but theres lots of characters Ike (and Roy) could rep.

But yeah. Skull Kid doesn't need Peach to float. Honestly I want a Ness/Lucas base for the articles and jump animation.

Hagrid

Smash Apprentice
Heh. Heh.

Nah.
You don't think so? Surely he would follow in the same vein as Ness and Lucas, especially as he will be built using them as a base. Mother doesn't need a third character in my opinion, especially if its going to be a third pyschic power using boy.

Shin F.

Smash Master
You don't think so? Surely he would follow in the same vein as Ness and Lucas, especially as he will be built using them as a base. Mother doesn't need a third character in my opinion, especially if its going to be a third pyschic power using boy.
He could actually be fairly unique if PMBR wanted him to be. Check my sig if you'd be interested to see how. The moveset I wrote out for him involves using his yoyo for a lot of his normal attacks rather than just his Smashes. It's been compared to how people imagine Mike Jones would play if he were a possibility.
What? What does that mean.
There was a stream showing off some new alt costumes yesterday, including a costume of Ike wearing Hector's armor.

Last edited:

Tero.

Smash Champion
I didn't really keep track of things, how many characters can they add (not counting Roy and M2)? Something like 4-5, right?

My favorites would be:
1) Shadow
2) Skull Kid
3) Ridley
4) King K. Rool
5) Bowser Jr.
6) Isaac
7) Black Shadow/Ganondorf
8) Krystal
9) Waluigi

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
-1 Lyn - Fire Emblem still isn't that big of a series and 3 characters is more than sufficient, especially in comparison to other series like Metroid and DK which dwarf FE. Lyn is also another sword wielder and having 4 sword users would be terrible representation of Fire emblem as a whole.
Fire Emblem: 13 games, 15 including remakes
Metroid: 11 games, 12 including the Prime Trilogy

Maybe you meant in popularity rather than actual size, though?

branman2238

Smash Rookie
My picks would have to be:
1. Shadow
2. Lyn
3. Waluigi
4. Krystal
5. Black Shadow/ Ganondorf

I would like to see Pichu as much as these guys but since we can only list 5 I just left him out.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Where can I see Hector!Ike?
Try DynaDASH's Twitch. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to screen cap it.
1. Shadow
2. Lyn
3. Waluigi
4. Krystal

I would like to see Pichu as much as these guys but since we can only list 5 I just left him out.
Be careful, you only get 5 votes and they can't be changed. This is just a suggestion, but you might want to pick 2 or 3 that you feel the strongest about. That way you can see how things pan out. You never know. Especially since there are more than 5 characters you want to see.

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Apart from the costumes, did anyone see something interesting in the stream, like changed properties or the like?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
1. Shadow
2. Lyn
3. Waluigi
4. Krystal

You do get half votes though.

Give that to pichu ;_;

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Apart from the costumes, did anyone see something interesting in the stream, like changed properties or the like?
No. He specifically said the only thing new was finished Alts. That's all he's been given permission to show.

He made it seem all intense and mysterious by saying,

But I have access to a lot of things.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Wait a minute, aren't Dark MK and MK 2 different characters? So why is the PMBR making a Dark MK costume for MK if they said that the costumes weren't going to change the character?
They're the same character, just different versions of the same character from alternate dimensions. It seems to fit the same rules as a Link would have, so it's not a problem.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait a minute, aren't Dark MK and MK 2 different characters? So why is the PMBR making a Dark MK costume for MK if they said that the costumes weren't going to change the character?
I mean technically TP Link and OoT Link are different people in almost the same kind of fashion, but are still fundamentally the same character and same "design" so to speak.

So who's armor is Roy going to get? Eliwood? Although since his Awakening outfit is by far the most popular idea for him, he may get that. Hype!

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I mean technically TP Link and OoT Link are different people in almost the same kind of fashion, but are still fundamentally the same character and same "design" so to speak.

So who's armor is Roy going to get? Eliwood? Although since his Awakening outfit is by far the most popular idea for him, he may get that. Hype!
This place is turning into the Alt Costume Thread. Stop by there Banjo, we were actually just discussing Roy.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
It seems to me that they're purposefully trying to steer away from common concepts such as "Smash 4 Marth" or "Lord Ike", by having them basically cosplaying as other characters of the franchise, which seems to be awesome, since everyone and their grandmas are trying to backport Marth's and Ike's costumes from Smash 4, so we're getting them anyway. Also sorry for being off-topic.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me that they're purposefully trying to steer away from common concepts such as "Smash 4 Marth" or "Lord Ike", by having them basically cosplaying as other characters of the franchise, which seems to be awesome, since everyone and their grandmas are trying to backport Marth's and Ike's costumes from Smash 4, so we're getting them anyway. Also sorry for being off-topic.
Don't worry about going off topic. Most of the time we are talking about everything but the thing that this thread was made to discuss.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
My few prospective wii purchases from friends are falling through. I'm wondering if I should get a Wii Mini. It looks cool. Does PM work on those?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Since we just got Hector!Ike......what if they reveal Lyn!Roy?
jk, but if Lyn gets in it'll be cool to see what she gets

My few prospective wii purchases from friends are falling through. I'm wondering if I should get a Wii Mini. It looks cool. Does PM work on those?
If you're fine with no GC Ports or Wi-fi connection

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom