• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Wait, someone ripped into the fe7 story? Could you pm me a link or synopsis?

Also, tabuu as a kind of meta character with an allstar list of specials? Why am I having flashes of Seth from SF4?
Because he is bald, ugly, over-powered, and nobody wanted him.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
... Still, Hector now and forever. If only you all knew... actually, anyone want an idea why Hector fans are Hector fans? Check out a video on youtube called "Hector Does What".
Reminds me of http://www.fybertech.com/4get/13674475642917.jpg

*Contains curse word so children beware.

Clearly we should just split the difference and make Hector x Lyn canonical in Project M by making them an Ice Climber type character. :p
1393025098997.gif

PMBR pls.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Do you mean you edited it in to your original voting post? If so, we don't really check for updates to your original votes, if you're saying you edited it in. We just keep a record for the votes in the spreadsheet, so if you want us to see your votes, it's best to just post them.
Oh OK, so in that case:

+1s

Lyn
Issac
Sami
Saki
Ridley

(Unchanged since that's how it goes for full votes, right?)

+1/2s

Takamaru
Lip
Toad
Andy
Ray MKII
Ninten

-1s

Waluigi
Krystal
Shadow
Tails
Knuckles

The old list for reference.

You know, its funny that Ike is so brute strength, given his canonical style is clean, skilled medieval-esque swordsmanship. Neither fencing nor Iaijutsu, but something that fits the mercenary/hero class of the series.

... Canon-Ike-al/Hector like Black Shadow/Canondorf, lets go!
...I kinda hate myself for thinking about how down for this I'd be just because it'd mean that Ike would finally get his wave slash projectile from PoR/RD.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh OK, so in that case:

+1s

Lyn
Issac
Sami
Saki
Ridley

(Unchanged since that's how it goes for full votes, right?)

+1/2s

Takamaru
Lip
Toad
Andy
Ray MKII
Ninten

-1s

Waluigi
Krystal
Shadow
Tails
Knuckles

The old list for reference.

...I kinda hate myself for thinking about how down for this I'd be just because it'd mean that Ike would finally get his wave slash projectile from PoR/RD.
Cool. FYI, though, you don't have to re-post them all, either, though of course, you can if you want to. :p If you need to add a new vote, it's okay to just add a vote for one character in a post. Like, if I suddenly wanted to vote for Birdo, I'd just post 1/2 vote for Birdo, and that would be that.
Also one upvote to Lloyd Irving our hero of Sylvarant!! If it's even possible he's allowed
No character is eligible unless they're in Brawl. So no, you can't vote for Lloyd.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Cool. FYI, though, you don't have to re-post them all, either, though of course, you can if you want to. :p If you need to add a new vote, it's okay to just add a vote for one character in a post. Like, if I suddenly wanted to vote for Birdo, I'd just post 1/2 vote for Birdo, and that would be that.
Oh, OK. I'll remember that for the future, but really, I feel like my up votes (both half and full) are all the characters I'll ever nominate for this game. The current Project M roster plus the large majority of those guys would pretty much make for my favorite fighting game roster ever.

Edit: Is Midna an eligible character?

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Oh, OK. I'll remember that for the future, but really, I feel like my up votes (both half and full) are all the characters I'll ever nominate for this game. The current Project M roster plus the large majority of those guys would pretty much make for my favorite fighting game roster ever.

Edit: Is Midna an eligible character?
Yes, Midna is eligible, either by herself or riding Wolf Link.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64

No character is eligible unless they're in Brawl. So no, you can't vote for Lloyd.
I figured as much. Can I cry now?

I'm upvoting Kumatora then, since she's awesome and is present in Brawl as a sticker and a Trophy dialogue

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
+1/2 for solo Midna as well then. Would love to see a character that fights with stupid reach/construct arms.

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Because he is bald, ugly, over-powered, and nobody wanted him.
I mean... you said it, not me. Obviously we just make him squishy. Worked for Seth, right? :p

Reminds me of http://www.fybertech.com/4get/13674475642917.jpg

*Contains curse word so children beware.

View attachment 17151PMBR pls.
Hector+throne= They are already dead. They just don't know it yet. True story.

Also, I actually got a Daniel Bryan response to anything I did on the internet. Welp guys, I have achieved all my meagers goals in life, gonna pack it on up. :p

I mean, does Ike REALLLLLLY need counter? That waveslash is so awesome.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You didn't see it? It was just announced for Project M along with Light Suit, Classic Pit, and OoT Ganon costumes. Basically, each stock can have its own character in the new mode. You get KOd, you switch to your next character just like in SSE.
Don't forget Ryu Lucario.
All Star Vs. is so hype.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
You didn't see it? It was just announced for Project M along with Light Suit, Classic Pit, and OoT Ganon costumes. Basically, each stock can have its own character in the new mode. You get KOd, you switch to your next character just like in SSE.
Oh damn. Just saw it. Not bad at all. Although I still would love a character reveal sometime soon.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
So... off topic, but that All-Star Vs is really, really hype.
Is it bad that my order of hype was:

"Oh this mode is going to be pretty neat--"

"HOLY **** BEST SUIT FROM BEST METROID GAME WHERE DO I THROW THE CASH TO HAVE IT NOW"

Classic Pit alt is adorkable btw.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
New alternate costumes are on the Project M website...looking majestic. Definitely a fan of Marth's

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yo guys. Didn't a #47 appear in the last video? Because I found another in this one.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The video description says "You asked, we listened!"

But I dont think i've seen anyone anywhere ask for All Star Versus.

Still cool tho

Anonistry

Smash Journeyman
Probably much more in relation to the new costumes.

That mode does sound quite intriguing though. I wonder if it could gain headway into being a legitimate alternative competitive mode? Its not like there aren't some games that do such a thing and have competitive showings.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh really? I didn't realize it popped up anywhere other than this and the April Fools video. So this is definitely a tease of some sort.
It was in the CEO trailer that announced that there would be an announcement there a few months back - a Yoshi on the stage was holding up a sign that said 47. (I think it was a Yoshi at least, but definitely something.)

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It was in the CEO trailer that announced that there would be an announcement there a few months back - a Yoshi on the stage was holding up a sign that said 47. (I think it was a Yoshi at least, but definitely something.)
The signs...they are everywhere. WHAT DO THEY MEAN!?!?!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Yo guys. Didn't a #47 appear in the last video? Because I found another in this one.

I actually commented on the video itself, but yeah, #47 is real.

I sincerely hope that the character picks for Project M are all godlike. Smash 4 is looking to be missing some key faces while making a few "why" choices.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I think All Star Versus is awesome. It could have a role in tournaments, of course that's all opinion.

But as of now I'm picturing a 3 stock match setup where each stock is a different main/secondary.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
The video description says "You asked, we listened!"

But I dont think i've seen anyone anywhere ask for All Star Versus.

Still cool tho
It's actually been brought up quite a lot in the P:M subreddit. I remember reading suggestions for it back before 2.5 came out.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Well, we know PMBR discovered how to use the Forbidden 7 slots. That would give us 46 characters. Perhaps they found a way to make use of the unused MARIOD Debug slot, as well? If they have, that's 47 characters.
If that's true then they can use that spare slot to add Pichu. That way every worthwhile Melee veteran comes back and we don't take up one of the pre-existing slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom