• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It sucks. I'm only here because Pichu Salt.
Not even surprised either.

I can see where this is going and I don't like it. I will abandon this thread faster than Sonic's declining game sales if it progresses to a Pichu level of intolerance.
Since they are already in Project M, I don't see what issues there will be.

I have doubts for squirtle and ivysaur.

Snake MIGHT come back still. but it's looking bad for him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Warning Received
So, here's what I think after E3.

There is a Smash 4, and I love it, but it wasn't made by Sakurai.

Fingers crossed for Lyn.
UGH. You're all such crybaby *******. whine more please

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Make me. You're all being such crybabies. Yeah the roster isn't EVERYTHING we wanted, but e got Mega Man, Palutena, Shulk, a Rhythm Heaven character, Little Mac and Villager. On top of that, all the newcomers bring a lot of new moveset potential no other characters have ever seen. You're all such brats.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Make me. You're all being such crybabies. Yeah the roster isn't EVERYTHING we wanted, but e got Mega Man, Palutena, Shulk, a Rhythm Heaven character, Little Mac and Villager. On top of that, all the newcomers bring a lot of new moveset potential no other characters have ever seen. You're all such brats.
You're the one coming into a thread that isn't even in the Smash 4 forum specifically to stir up trouble and call people out. Grow up.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm still rather confused by Smash 4's lack of villains ...

Villains and dark characters are some of my favorites, this is why I like Mewtwo so much! This is also why I'm hoping for Medusa in either Project M or possibly still in Smash 4.
Fight them against a mii moveset deemed OP so you can have Cannondorf vs Canondorf vs Banondorf
Salromano didn't list Rosalina. He may have other unlisted Newcomers.
That doesn't mean it will cap out at 47. Just saying.

I don't see anything about Salromano saying Ridley is NOT one of the newcomers. All I see is the ones it claims we will see. Which, like Shin said, it didn't note Rosalina. It is very likely we will see more newcomers than the leak has listed.
You're the one coming into a thread that isn't even in the Smash 4 forum specifically to stir up trouble and call people out. Grow up.
Oh yeah, I'm the only one here discussing Smash 4.

I wish I could.
You know where the report button is honey.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
You know where the report button is honey.
It can't make you go away though.

All it does is potentially give you a warning / infraction based on the way you reply.

And considering that I'm assuming you don't normally post such hostile opinions, it's not enough to get you banned.

Nor do I want you banned anyway. I just want you to not bash people for disliking the smash 4 character choices.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
. I just want you to not bash people for disliking the smash 4 character choices.
They don't like Smash 4 choices, I don't like their "MY CHARACTER ISNT IN THE GAME, DISREGARD IT NOW" attitude. I hate to break it to you all, but Project M probably won't have all your favorites added either. Does that mean you should disregard it? No.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
They don't like Smash 4 choices, I don't like their "MY CHARACTER ISNT IN THE GAME, DISREGARD IT NOW" attitude. I hate to break it to you all, but Project M probably won't have all your favorites added either. Does that mean you should disregard it? No.
I agree, but the response you gave was not proper in my opinion.

It also doesn't help change his mind on his stance for smash 4.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I agree, but the response you gave was not proper in my opinion.

It also doesn't help change his mind on his stance for smash 4.
Im not looking to change minds, Im looking to be a ***** and tell it like it is. (At least on this subject)

I think I succeeded.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Im not looking to change minds, Im looking to be a ***** and tell it like it is. (At least on this subject)

I think I succeeded.
Alright man, I wanna know. What prompted you to come to this forum just to talk down to people like this? If you don't like what some Project M fans are saying in their own forum, what are trying to accomplish? I don't like Brawl but I don't go to the Brawl boards and try to demean them for not supporting Project M because it's rude, disrespectful, and disruptive to a highly unnecessary degree.

Good God, man. Chill out or get out, nothing you're saying is constructive.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Since they are already in Project M, I don't see what issues there will be.
There is no problem. It was merely a joke about a hypothetical situation.

Snake MIGHT come back still. but it's looking bad for him.
I have a feeling we will get something Konami related. Rather it be Snake, a replacement from a more recent Metal Gear, or Simon Belmont. That is just my opinion though.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
"Let's see what's goin on in the clone engi-....."
"I'll just come back when there's something to talk about."

DatDolphin

Smash Cadet
So, here's what I think after E3.

There is a Smash 4, and I love it, but it wasn't made by Sakurai.

Fingers crossed for Lyn.
Lyn actually is an assist trophy. Someone pulled her out during the invitational. I'll see if I can find the clip.

Unless you meant Lyn in PM.

Last edited:

Original Plan

Smash Rookie
I wish they would just come out with a new character. Actually, a surprise character would make this wait totally worth it.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I had new ideas for Ninten's moves.

His F-throw for grabs could be that he Hypnotizes the enemy and stuns them as if they had their shields broken. This could be awesome for setups.

His up air could be Lucas' up smash, and -maybe- his down air could be as well.

His down and up-smashes could be the yo-yo like Ness but he should do more complex tricks to show his skill with it over Ness. Such as a Walk the Dog between the legs rather than around him, and something else for the Up-smash than the Around the World.

As you can tell, Ninten has absorbed my interest for a potential character over any female Fire Emblem character.

EDIT: somebody have any ideas on new yoyo tricks Ninten could use?

And I think Ninten's up-throw could be a version of Ness', but instead of spinning them over his head with his PSI energy, he squats and holds them as if he's lifting a heavy box with the PSI energy and tosses them upward.

His back throw would be unchanged.

His down throw could just be him getting on top of the grabbed person and pummeling them with both hands in either a hammering motion, or in actual punches.

Lucas' Down Smash could be Ninten's down tilt. It would make sense, and if it came out relatively fast and was one shot and repeatable like Ness' down-tilt, all the better.

Ninten should have a variant of the Psykids dash attack where he runs forward with his finger pointed, emitting PSI energy. It could possiby have a sweetspot with good knockback, it could also be his fair.

His f-tilt can either be a regular kick.. OR maybe it could be a slingshot that could be aimed just like the regular kick, and has about the same range as Link's uncharged bow.

Up-tilt is a move that I guess could be unchanged from the rest of the Psykids. There's no unique ideas for that move brewing in my head. Unless we give him Mario's uptilt or something.

His Nair could be Ness' Smash 64 Nair, but with slight startup lag, and no endlag. It would make a good air-combo, and would mainly be for pushing people away from both sides, like a double-edged sex kick.

His bair could be the early PM Lucas bair, where its a roundhouse kick, but it could have the same meteor smash capability Ness has for his bair, but only for a sweetspot. Sourspot could be good for edgeguarding, like Luigi's dair sourspot.

But yeah.. If I wanted Ninten in the game this is what his moves should be.

Oh, since it fit the bill so nicely, I figured Ninten should do a few things in his Entrance, Victory and Taunt animations.. His Entrance could be a successful teleport with a trail of flames behind him as he skids to a halt.
One of the Victory anims which I thought would be awesome is if he did the One-handed star and made it glow with his PSI abilities.
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/advanced-yo-yo-tricks2.htm
Another victory pose would be him nodding like Ness at the beginning, eyes half-open, before stretching, yawning, and immediately falling on his back with a bubble forming from his nose. A reference to his endgame quote from Earthbound.
His last Victory pose could just be him swinging his bat really fast like Ness, but in more of an actual baseball stance at the end.

One of his taunts should definitely reference his asthma with him coughing twice and pulling out AsthmaSpray (an asthma puffer), spraying it in his mouth, and putting a thumbs up towards the fourth wall.
Another taunt could be him pulling out his yoyo, and doing a move like this.
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/advanced-yo-yo-tricks7.htm
Could also have a Smash taunt where he pulls out his Ocarina instead and plays one of the Eight Melodies, or a victory song or something.
Finally, he should speak and say "I hate you" or "I love you" in reference to the Gag items in Mother. But that might be too much. Or he could just say "Okay" like Ness.

Last edited:

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
Now who told you that? There's no proof the PMBR are working on him at the moment.

Or anyone new, for that matter.
[put comment here] idk like the fact walawigi is a good guy and wait.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz umwaht where am i?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Now who told you that? There's no proof the PMBR are working on him at the moment.

Or anyone new, for that matter.
Clearly his intelligence is greater than we could imagine. He is foreseeing a Mario character we have yet to see in the series, Walawigi. That foresight is so intense, I just can't handle it.

[put comment here] idk like the fact walawigi is a good guy and wait.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz umwaht where am i?
And just look at his comedy gold in action. Clearly the funniest of anyone here. So hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom