• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Oh I wasn't stating that I thought this would be how the PMBR would pick characters. I was merely stating how crazy I am for thinking of this and letting it out here. :)
But yeah, they definitely aren't going to to be thinking about the CSS until they're done with a finished character.
@ Sour Supreme Sour Supreme
Characters aren't getting replaced, their spots that they're currently in are getting replaced with would-be clone characters. The characters themselves move elsewhere to a different spot.
I understand. I'm saying that if they've plotted the CSS in a specific way Characters that would need I be moved should be in a different spot already, rather than the opposite,

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I understand. I'm saying that if they've plotted the CSS in a specific way Characters that would need I be moved should be in a different spot already, rather than the opposite,
Do you mean like, if they planned to add more characters, they would have spots already reserved for them? Because if that's the case than I don't necessarily disagree with that.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Do you mean like, if they planned to add more characters, they would have spots already reserved for them? Because if that's the case than I don't necessarily disagree with that.
I mean that it wouldn't be practical to have certain spots in mind for characters filled with others, so that they knowingly have to change them later on.

This is really besides the point though. This thread doesn't need another tangent.
Unless it's a sarcastically charged tangent in which case all aboard the off topic train.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
By the way, just as an aside (I really think we should get off the subject after this) - in case you didn't know, the game actually adds columns as needed when characters, but won't go past 5 rows. If there are 3 or fewer added, only the last row would expand because it has room for them, but if 4 or more are added then it will create a new column, with each row getting an extra slot.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Just stepping in for a random thought. There was a lot of talk when 2.6 came out about whether Lucas should have kept his 2.5 dair or not (it was a forward flip kick, sort of with the reverse path of his current bair but meteor properties throughout). Long story short, it was a rather nifty move that significantly changed his game but was left out in favor of current dair, which is fine by me, that's a great move as well. Anyways, should Ninten or Masked Man make it in, it would be nice to see 2.5 dair make a return in their movesets. Maybe the animation could be changed for Masked Man to make it a downwards arm cannon swing with the same coverage, or a similar change for Ninten. A kick would still make sense for either, of course.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Just stepping in for a random thought. There was a lot of talk when 2.6 came out about whether Lucas should have kept his 2.5 dair or not (it was a forward flip kick, sort of with the reverse path of his current bair but meteor properties throughout). Long story short, it was a rather nifty move that significantly changed his game but was left out in favor of current dair, which is fine by me, that's a great move as well. Anyways, should Ninten or Masked Man make it in, it would be nice to see 2.5 dair make a return in their movesets. Maybe the animation could be changed for Masked Man to make it a downwards arm cannon swing with the same coverage, or a similar change for Ninten. A kick would still make sense for either, of course.
I don't see why not. Sounds like a good idea. I could see either of them doing that.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I was big fan of 2.5 dair! So it sounds great to me. If you don't mind, I'd actually like to add that idea to my Masked Man moveset. No reason why Lucas's ginger twin can't inherit his forgotten skills!

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I was big fan of 2.5 dair! So it sounds great to me. If you don't mind, I'd actually like to add that idea to my Masked Man moveset. No reason why Lucas's ginger twin can't inherit his forgotten skills!
Or you could give it to ninten.
As well as ness' 64 nair with him spinning a yoyo. that would be sweet

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Or you could give it to ninten.
As well as ness' 64 nair with him spinning a yoyo. that would be sweet
Well, it's not being given to anyone. It would work great with either of them. And I'd love to see it no matter what the character! I just have a Masked Man move set, and not a Ninten one.

As for nair, I've always wished the PMBR would bring it back to Ness himself. #RIPyoyonair

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Well, it's not being given to anyone. It would work great with either of them. And I'd love to see it no matter what the character! I just have a Masked Man move set, and not a Ninten one.

As for nair, I've always wished the PMBR would bring it back to Ness himself. #RIPyoyonair
I didn't know there was a Yoyo nair, but that's awesome. If we're talking about former Earthbound characters getting new moves, I think Ninten could also use Lucas' original PK Fire. Maybe give it an extra after-burn effect when it hits somebody.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know there was a Yoyo nair, but that's awesome. If we're talking about former Earthbound characters getting new moves, I think Ninten could also use Lucas' original PK Fire. Maybe give it an extra after-burn effect when it hits somebody.
There was no yoyo in his original 64 nair but the pose he was in would have been much cooler if he dangled the yoyo and it had a hitbox.

That idea i would like except that Ninten is kinda supposed to be breaking the archetype.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
There was no yoyo in his original 64 nair but the pose he was in would have been much cooler if he dangled the yoyo and it had a hitbox.

That idea i would like except that Ninten is kinda supposed to be breaking the archetype.
Oh, you mean he shouldn't use any PK moves?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Oh, you mean he shouldn't use any PK moves?
I think Nis means that a lot of people, myself included, think that if Ninten is implemented into Project M he should use more support based psychic moves. This is because in the Mother games that's what the protagonists primarily use, and such a move set would make him more true to his character.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I think Nis means that a lot of people, myself included, think that if Ninten is implemented into Project M he should use more support based psychic moves. This is because in the Mother games that's what the protagonists primarily use, and such a move set would make him more true to his character.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Ok here's my Bowser Jr. moveset. It fills the role of a mobile grappler moreso than it pays tribute to Bowser Jr. as a character. I really like how it turned out though. Feedback would be appreciated.

Also sorry for DP.

He would be slightly larger than squirtle, slightly lighter than bowser, and would fall a little bit slower than toon link. His ground speed would be a bit slower than diddy's and his wavedash distance would be a bit more than Donkey Kong's.

Stance.
Another stance shot. Less twist on the torso though.

Jab1: Bowser Jr. does a wide haymaker with the hand furthest back.
Jab2: He then does the same with his other fist which is now further back.
Jab3: He spins around bringing both hands together and coming diagonally downwards in front of him.

Dash Attack: Super man punch

Up Tilt: Wario's Uptilt but with fists and a smoother animation.
Forward Tilt: Ganon's Forward Tilt but slghtly slower startup and less damage.
Down Tilt: Bowser's down tilt with fists.

Up Smash: Ganon's Brawl Up Smash. Quicker though.
Forward Smash: Bowser's smash 4 drop kick. The more it is charged, the further back bowser jr. will walk. When released, he will sprint back to his original starting position, leap forward and initiate the move. With no charge he just does it in place. With a full charge his Forward smash can go as far as wolf's.
Down Smash: A hybrid of Bowser's Down Smash and Wario's Brawl Down Smash. The attack is active for a long time.

Grab/Pivot Grab: Bowser Jr. puts him and the other character in this position. There is no pummel.

Up Throw: The move we all hate from SF. He jumps far off screen then comes back down for the kill.
Forward Throw: A fancy suplex like so.
Back Throw: A hybrid of Snake's Up throw and Sonic's Back throw. Bowser Jr. grabs the other character then hops backwards, corkscrews in the air and releases them. It sends characters extremely far and knocks himself down upon landing but it can be teched.
Down Throw: Bowser Jr. tackles the other character then lands on top of them in his alternate grab position.

Alternate Grab Pummel: Bowser Jr. punches the other character in the face.
Alt. Up Throw: Bowser Jr. lifts the other character to put them back into the original grab. Because he does no damage on this one, it can be escaped to prevent infinites from happening.
Alt. Forward Throw: Bowser Jr. punches them twice, then gets up and kicks them in the face making them slide forward.
Alt. Back Throw: Bowser Jr. Grabs the character, rolls backwards and kicks them. Think Ryu's back throw from SF but starting from the ground.
Alt. Down Throw: Self explanatory.

Dash Grab: Bowser Jr. jumps up punches the character and lands on their chest. He holds them down with one hand and uses the other hand to pummel. This is the alternate grab position.

Up Air: Bowser's up air but with a double fist.
Neutral Air: A hybrid of Bowser's nair and Dedede's nair. Starts off like bowsers with him in the shell for a strong initial hitbox. He spins twice then he pops out of the shell.The attack becomes weaker but will linger longer. Inbetween the two different attacks, he is vulnerable.
Forward Air: Donkey Kong's forward air. He raises both hands to make a double fist then birngs them down. Alot quicker than Donkey Kong's but slightly weaker.
Backwards Air: Donkey Kong's 64 Back Air. Hitbox covers the lower half off his body and lasts about as long as a sex kick.
Down Air: Roflstomp. Ganon's down air.

Up Special: Bowser Jr. hops on top of his bullet bill canon and as it fires, he vaults over it and lands on the bullet. This bullet bill is different than normal ones. First it is faster and is emitting smoke and fire. Second it travels in a wavy path, almost like he were riding a bull. Third, it has a concerned look on it's face. The bullet can be abandoned by jumping off of it. If you hit the stage, it will explode sending Bowser jr. upwards in the air. When abandoned, it goes crazy like diddy kong's jetpacks but makes a much larger and more damaging explosion upon impact.
Neutral Special: Bowser Jr. pulls out a bullet bill launcher and fires straight in front of him. small chance to get one of the really big bullet bills. The launcher will warp a bit to show something large is inside. The large bullet bill is the size of bowser. or ridley
Forward Special: A two part grapple move similar to marth's side special. Basically Banishing Flat followed by one of 3 command moves based on direction. During the banishing flat part, he ignores projectiles. If he hits the projectile, it is destroyed.
The Diagonally Up command move has Bowser Jr. hop and do an upwards koopa klaw. If he sweetspots it, he activates bowser's vbrawl koopa klaw grapple. He would always have control of where it lands. It increases in height depending on the damage percentage the other character has. He can control the horizontal movement better if he has a higher percentage. The Side command move has him dash forward quickly with his arms rasied like so. If he lands it he does a full atomic suplex. The Diagonally Down command move makes him grab the other characters legs, then throw them backwards. Basically the third move seen here but with him grappling legs as opposed to arms and shoulders.
Down Special: Bowser Jr. does...Mario's ground pound? Yep. It's as quick as yoshi's with almost as much damage as bowser's and he can jump out of the falling part if he needs to abort last minute. Out of the air the move is nearly instantaneous.

Taunt 1: Bowser Jr. tries to scare the other character, then laughs. Complements Bowser's iconic laugh taunt.
Taunt 2: Bowser Jr. does that thing that buff guys do when they're about to work out. He punches in front of him barely missing his face and chest while looking at the ground. I guess it would pump him up. Complements Bowser's biting taunt.
Taunt 3: Bowser Jr. punches his chest twice then points his fist out. If you hit A while his fist is pointed out, he will either remove or put up his bandana. Complements Bowser's "come at me" taunt.

Anger Armor: As Bowser Jr. takes damage, his move priority increases. At 50% all of his moves would get a priority buff. At 100% he would get another.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Ok here's my Bowser Jr. moveset. It fills the role of a mobile grappler moreso than it pays tribute to Bowser Jr. as a character. I really like how it turned out though. Feedback would be appreciated.

Also sorry for DP.

He would be slightly larger than squirtle, slightly lighter than bowser, and would fall a little bit slower than toon link. His ground speed would be a bit slower than diddy's and his wavedash distance would be a bit more than Donkey Kong's.

Stance.

Jab3: He spins around bringing both hands together and coming diagonally downwards in front of him.

Forward Smash: Bowser's smash 4 drop kick. The more it is charged, the further back bowser jr. will walk. When released, he will sprint back to his original starting position, leap forward and initiate the move. With no charge he just does it in place. With a full charge his Forward smash can go as far as wolf's.
Down Smash: A hybrid of Bowser's Down Smash and Wario's Brawl Down Smash. The attack is active for a long time.

Grab/Pivot Grab: Bowser Jr. puts him and the other character in this position. There is no pummel.

Up Throw: The move we all hate from SF. He jumps far off screen then comes back down for the kill.
Back Throw: A hybrid of Snake's Up throw and Sonic's Back throw. Bowser Jr. grabs the other character then hops backwards, corkscrews in the air and releases them. It sends characters extremely far and knocks himself down upon landing but it can be teched.
Down Throw: Bowser Jr. tackles the other character then lands on top of them in his alternate grab position.

Alt. Up Throw: Bowser Jr. lifts the other character to put them back into the original grab. Because he does no damage on this one, it can be escaped to prevent infinites from happening.
Alt. Forward Throw: Bowser Jr. punches them twice, then gets up and kicks them in the face making them slide forward.
Alt. Back Throw: Bowser Jr. Grabs the character, rolls backwards and kicks them. Think Ryu's back throw from SF but starting from the ground.

Dash Grab: Bowser Jr. jumps up punches the character and lands on their chest. He holds them down with one hand and uses the other hand to pummel. This is the alternate grab position.

Neutral Air: A hybrid of Bowser's nair and Dedede's nair. Starts off like bowsers with him in the shell for a strong initial hitbox. He spins twice then he pops out of the shell.The attack becomes weaker but will linger longer. Inbetween the two different attacks, he is vulnerable.
Forward Air: Donkey Kong's forward air. He raises both hands to make a double fist then birngs them down. Alot quicker than Donkey Kong's but slightly weaker.
Backwards Air: Donkey Kong's 64 Back Air. Hitbox covers the lower half off his body and lasts about as long as a sex kick.

Up Special: Bowser Jr. hops on top of his bullet bill canon and as it fires, he vaults over it and lands on the bullet. This bullet bill is different than normal ones. First it is faster and is emitting smoke and fire. Second it travels in a wavy path, almost like he were riding a bull. Third, it has a concerned look on it's face. The bullet can be abandoned by jumping off of it. If you hit the stage, it will explode sending Bowser jr. upwards in the air. When abandoned, it goes crazy like diddy kong's jetpacks but makes a much larger and more damaging explosion upon impact.
Neutral Special: Bowser Jr. pulls out a bullet bill launcher and fires straight in front of him. small chance to get one of the really big bullet bills. The launcher will warp a bit to show something large is inside. The large bullet bill is the size of bowser. or ridley
Forward Special: A two part grapple move similar to marth's side special. Basically Banishing Flat followed by one of 3 command moves based on direction. During the banishing flat part, he ignores projectiles. If he hits the projectile, it is destroyed.
The Diagonally Up command move has Bowser Jr. hop and do an upwards koopa klaw. If he sweetspots it, he activates bowser's vbrawl koopa klaw grapple. He would always have control of where it lands. It increases in height depending on the damage percentage the other character has. He can control the horizontal movement better if he has a higher percentage. The Side command move has him dash forward quickly with his arms rasied like so. If he lands it he does a full atomic suplex. The Diagonally Down command move makes him grab the other characters legs, then throw them backwards. Basically the third move seen here but with him grappling legs as opposed to arms and shoulders.
Down Special: Bowser Jr. does...Mario's ground pound? Yep. It's as quick as yoshi's with almost as much damage as bowser's and he can jump out of the falling part if he needs to abort last minute. Out of the air the move is nearly instantaneous.

Taunt 1: Bowser Jr. tries to scare the other character, then laughs. Complements Bowser's iconic laugh taunt.
Taunt 2: Bowser Jr. does that thing that buff guys do when they're about to work out. He punches in front of him barely missing his face and chest while looking at the ground. I guess it would pump him up. Complements Bowser's biting taunt.
Taunt 3: Bowser Jr. punches his chest twice then points his fist out. If you hit A while his fist is pointed out, he will either remove or put up his bandana. Complements Bowser's "come at me" taunt.

Anger Armor: As Bowser Jr. takes damage, his move priority increases. At 50% all of his moves would get a priority buff. At 100% he would get another.
I enjoy this. The bandana Easter Egg was a nice touch. You're also the first person I've encountered that didn't rally for a Shadow Mario stance change. Give it up, son. Kind of seems like this Bowser Jr. is to Bowser, as Tink is to Link. A speedier version with slight differences that would allow for a totally different playstyle.

Props.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy this. The bandana Easter Egg was a nice touch. You're also the first person I've encountered that didn't rally for a Shadow Mario stance change. Give it up, son. Kind of seems like this Bowser Jr. is to Bowser, as Tink is to Link. A speedier version with slight differences that would allow for a totally different playstyle.

Props.

I was tempted to previously make a moveset with a shadow mario stance change. I thought about it and decided not to just because it would cause more problems (bugs and glitches), extra work and would be another zelda/shiek thing so people would have something else to complain about. "Bowser jr/shadow mario op. pls seperate." Plus, that gimmick has already been explored so i wanted to go in a different direction.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

Also sorry for DP.

Stance.

Baby Bowser sounds like quite the scrapper. I like it.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
To be honest, I would be ecstatic to see Daroach as a clone engine character, I can see him being a trickster type character, (Like a very floaty king DeDeDe with the feigns of Greninja).

This is just my bit, I understand that it would mean a 4th Kirby character, but I'd rather not have a direct Fox clone like Slippy or even another Sword Character, I'm sorry, but I just feel like there are too many swords, not enough tricky switcharoo magic.

EDIT: That, and his hat is too awesome:

IN FACTAMUNDO I might just whip up a moveset for him, I have plenty of ideas, even if he isn't included I might actually do it myself if I'm ever to yield the skills.

Last edited:

Master-GM

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I would be ecstatic to see Daroach as a clone engine character, I can see him being a trickster type character, (Like a very floaty king DeDeDe with the feigns of Greninja).

This is just my bit, I understand that it would mean a 4th Kirby character, but I'd rather not have a direct Fox clone like Slippy or even another Sword Character, I'm sorry, but I just feel like there are too many swords, not enough tricky switcharoo magic.
^^^

This here.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724

EDIT: That, and his hat is too awesome:

IN FACTAMUNDO I might just whip up a moveset for him, I have plenty of ideas, even if he isn't included I might actually do it myself if I'm ever to yield the skills.
There is nothing wrong with a 4th Kirby character seeing as people are pushing for more Mario characters and Legend of Zelda characters (greater than or equal to four already). Even I am guilty of pushing for a 4th Fire Emblem character. I agree that the roster is lacking magic based characters but I disagree that there are too many sword characters (6/41 characters; 14%). Since I don't know the character I will go and research a bit about him and I will patiently wait for a moveset if you're willing :).

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
I'm all for a 4th Kirby
But while magic is cool, we already have magic users.
You know what we don't have? Spears
Bandana Dee tho
Waddle Dee with a spear and a bandana. I don't know whether to feel surprised or underwhelmed :smirk:.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Waddle Dee with a spear and a bandana. I don't know whether to feel surprised or underwhelmed :smirk:.
I don't know if you should step off
Oh wait yes I do
This ****** was one of the 4 playable characters in Kirby's Return to Dreamland along with Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.
Look who's already playable in PM. Oh yeah! Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.
He completes the set.
+He adds a completely new gameplay style
And the alt costume potential tho. Do you know how many hats Waddle Dees have warn over the years?
The possibilities excite me

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh wait yes I do
This ****** was one of the 4 playable characters in Kirby's Return to Dreamland along with Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.
Look who's already playable in PM. Oh yeah! Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.
He completes the set.
And the alt costume potential tho. Do you know how many hats Waddle Dees have warn over the years?
Honestly? I just want to see Kirby weilding a spear in that bandana when he copies him. :p

Last edited:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for a 4th Kirby
Bandana Dee tho

I agree that we have one magic user, and that is Zelda, I don't see any other characters that could consider being magic users other than Ganondorf, Lucas, and Ness, Lucas being the most Magic oriented of the three, whereas Ness and Ganondorf are more physical than not. Sure other characters have projectiles, but that's just projectiles, fireballs, arrows, etc.

Zelda creates magic barriers, can teleport, create fireball landmine things, multi-hit magic smash attacks, jabs, creating explosions out of thin air. That, I believe, is what defines a magic user, and is what I have planned for the Daroach moveset I'm working on.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I agree that we have one magic user, and that is Zelda, I don't see any other characters that could consider being magic users other than Ganondorf, Lucas, and Ness, Lucas being the most Magic oriented of the three, whereas Ness and Ganondorf are more physical than not. Sure other characters have projectiles, but that's just projectiles, fireballs, arrows, etc.

Zelda creates magic barriers, can teleport, create fireball landmine things, multi-hit magic smash attacks, jabs, creating explosions out of thin air. That, I believe, is what defines a magic user, and is what I have planned for the Daroach moveset I'm working on.
Ganondorf's not a magic user in Smash Bros. He just has dark magic effects with his physical attacks.

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Oh wait yes I do
He completes the set.
The "complete the set" argument I can't consider valid. Nintendo is known for adding characters to "fill the gap" when it came to multiplayer/ co-op games. Ex. Super Mario for the Wii which included the traditional characters, Mario and Luigi, and the add-ons Blue Toad and Red Toad. Waddle Dee...i mean Bandana Dee seems no different He is the lackey of the main antagonist, DeDeDe, and by no means should be compared to the important characters you stated above. The only thing I agree with is the addition of a completely new gameplay style but almost any trophy or sticker from brawl can be manipulated into a character with a unique playstyle with the help of imagination, extensive knowledge of the character and their history. All in all, I spoke what was on my mind and I apologize if I sounded offensive.

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for a 4th Kirby
Bandana Dee tho
Honestly? I just want to see Kirby weilding a spear in that bandana when he copies him. :p
Up until Shin's post I read it as "Banana Dee".

I was incredibly confused.

Last edited:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I finally whipped up the moveset for Daroach, as promised. Like I said, he is primarily to be a trickster / magic user. He is weak on the ground, but he is a master of the air, sort of a reversed Little Mac.

Anyways, here you go, folks!

Daroach is slightly smaller than King DeDeDe, and he would actually be based off of King DeDeDe, but will have a much different moveset, instead of using hard hits with a hammer, he will focus more primarily on zoning, and basic keep-away with his weapon of choice, the legendary Triple Star. He would be VERY floaty, like... Samus level floaty. Also, he would rely upon trickery and magic. Not a very good character up close, but does have a few tricks up his sleeve, like extremely good air mobility, where Daroach will thrive.​

Idle Stance Daroach will float lightly above the air like this, swaying back and forth fluidly.

Jumps: Daroach of course, needs to have some special sort of jumping to show just how powerful he can be in the air, he has two double jumps, and he can hover, HOWEVER, he can only hover after the first jump, and not the second. Also, his hover only allows him to travel vertically OR horizontally, that means one plane per hover. Also, he cannot hover out of his Up B, but he can, if available, use his first double jump out of his up special and then hover. The hover lasts a VERY long time, maybe even linger than Peach's. This accentuates his moveset in a way that makes him seem more like himself from the games.

Jab 1: Daroach does a slow left swing with the Triple Star, which does a small hitstun and links into Jab 2.

Jab 2: Daroach does a right swing with the Triple Star, a slow swing, knocks the enemy back somewhat.

Dash Attack: Daroach does a rushing corkscrew attack similar to that of Meta Knight's Drill Rush, however, it only hits three times and knocks the victim back a small bit. It has a very quick start-up, but leaves him vulnerable for a moderate amount of time.

Up Tilt: Daroach twirls the Triple Star above him stylishly like a cane for about a half second, moderate startup, slow recovery.

Forward Tilt: Daroach does a slow overhead swing with the Triple Star. (Think Ike's Forward Smash)

Down Tilt: Daroach points the Triple Star to the ground directly in front of him and launches a small star at the ground, causing a small explosion that launches characters into the air, slow start up, quick recovery, this is Daroach's only good grounded move, as it allows him to combo with his air moves. (Think Mewtwo's Down Smash, with the launching of Roy's Down-Tilt)

Up Smash: Daroach does a slow, heavy swing in an arc above him with the Triple Star, a small trail of stars will follow the swing, each with their own hitboxes for multiple hits. (Small swing range, think DeDeDe's Up Smash, but with a smaller hitbox)

Forward Smash: Daroach does a whirling swing with the Triple Star, spinning around 720 degrees, launches a star in front of him, think of characters' Forward Smashes while holding a Star Rod. This move has a Slow Startup, and a slower recovery, due to how useful the move can possibly be.

Down Smash: Daroach spins around 360 degrees with the Triple Star pointed to the ground, leaving a small trail of stars in its wake, each with their own individual hitboxes for multiple hits, little to no knockback, think Roy's Down Smash.

Grab / Pivot Grab: Daroach quickly grabs his victim with one of his floating hands/paws/claws, holding them by the torso, holding his Triple Star in the other vacant paw/claw/hand. (We'll go with hand.)

Up Throw: Daroach tosses his victim into the air and does a quick upwards swing with the Triple Star, two hits, the first knocks them into the air with a direct hit from the Triple Star, the second hit is where the Triple Star launches a Star directly upwards into the air, if it hits, the enemy is knocked away towards whatever direction Daroach is facing. (Pretty much like Falco's Up Throw)

Forward Throw: Similar to King DeDeDe, Daroach plays T-ball with his opponent and hits them with the Triple Star, knocking them away a moderate distance.

Back Throw: Daroach simply tosses his enemy behind him, similar to Zelda's back throw, except he has his back turned, which looks COOL AS ****.

Down Throw: Daroach throws them into the ground, but not before creating a small field under him, similar to the mine left by Din's Fire, when they hit the field, they are launched in the direction Daroach is facing. (Like Fox / Falco's Down Throw)

Pummel: Daroach hits them in the head with his free hand.

Dash Grab: Daroach teleports depending on how long the grab button is held, the dash grab can also be turned into a pivot dash grab mid teleport, however, the teleport doesn't go very far.

Aerial Moves: This is where Daroach flourishes, same as Little Mac in Sm4sh is a master of the ground, Daroach is a master of the air, where he lacks in ground movement, he makes up for in incredible air prowess.

Up Air: Daroach twirls the Triple Star above him like he would if he were grounded, however, his up air will lift him slightly, similar to Ivysaur's down air. A small field of stars will also spin around the Triple Star, making the hit box bigger than its grounded counterpart. (The lift effect is only good for two up airs in one session of being airborne.)

Neutral Air: Daroach will spin around in a circle at a sloped angle, a magical trail of stars will follow, and characters hit by the Triple Star itself will be hit once with a moderate knockback, enemies hit by the trail of stars will be hit by however many stars they come into contact with before suffering small knockback.

Forward Air: Daroach swings the Triple Star overhead, followed by a singular star projectile (Like the Star Rod's). Enemies hit by the Triple Star will be hit with moderate knockback, enemies hit byt he projectile will get hitstun (Like Falco's Laser).

Back Air: Daroach does a backhanded swing of the Triple Star, has the same properties of his forward air, except with a horizontal swing insted of an overhead swing. This also turns him around mid-air.

Down Air: Daroach swings the Triple Star in an arc under him, followed by a trail of stars, enemies hit by the Triple Star itself will be meteored if hit at the start of the attack, otherwise, they will be launched upwards, or hit by the trail of stars.

Up Special: Daroach Teleports a short distance, this teleport can be used twice, however, only the first teleport can be acted out of, the second teleport causes free fall. This is one of Daroach's most useful moves, as it allows him to get away from his opponents.

Neutral Special: Daroach holds the Triple Star above his head for a charged time, then launches an amount of stars depending on how long the button was held down, if held down for one second, one star, two seconds, two stars, etc. The stars can bounce off of walls, but only once. And only up to a maximum of three stars.

Forward / Back Special: Daroach teleports into the direction held, but only a very short distance, in his place a squeak will be left behind, where it will bounce around and meander about the stage, harming any opposition that it bounces into. Only one Squeak may be active at any time, and they can be knocked off of the stage. (This move is a result of being a DeDeDe clone.)

Down Special: Daroach begins to phase out of place for a bit, if any opposition attacks him during this, he teleports behind them and hits them with a small barrage of stars, doing little damage, with the last one causing maderate knockback. (Think vBrawl's Lucario's Down B)

Taunt 1: Daroach swings the Triple Star back and forth as though it were a composer's baton.

Taunt 2: Daroach snaps his fingers and spawns a sticker, or some other treasure item, maybe a coin will appear. TREAURE! FAT LOOTS!

Taunt 3: Daroach tosses his hat into the air stylishly and puts it back onto his head. THIS. RIGHT. HERE.

Final Smash: Daroach launches a giant laser beam from his Triple Star, similar to Samus' Zero Laser, however, it is smaller, and Daroach can move vertically (ver slowly, however) as the laser is in use.

Tell me what ya guys think, if I might have overseen something that would be too overpowered, please tell me and I'll fix it, I do want this to be seen as a unique moveset :)

Last edited:

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I finally whipped up the moveset for Daroach, as promised. Like I said, he is primarily to be a trickster / magic user. He is weak on the ground, but he is a master of the air, sort of a reversed Little Mac.

Daroach is slightly smaller than King DeDeDe, and he would actually be based off of King DeDeDe, but will have a much different moveset, instead of using hard hits with a hammer, he will focus more primarily on zoning, and basic keep-away with his weapon of choice, the legendary Triple Star. He would be VERY floaty, like... Samus level floaty. Also, he would rely upon trickery and magic. Not a very good character up close, but does have a few tricks up his sleeve, like extremely good air mobility, where Daroach will thrive.​

Idle Stance Daroach will float lightly above the air like this, swaying back and forth fluidly.

Jab 1: Daroach does a slow left swing with the Triple Star, which does a small hitstun and links into Jab 2.

Jab 2: Daroach does a right swing with the Triple Star, a slow swing, knocks the enemy back somewhat.

Dash Attack: Daroach does a rushing corkscrew attack similar to that of Meta Knight's Drill Rush, however, it only hits three times and knocks the victim back a small bit. It has a very quick start-up, but leaves him vulnerable for a moderate amount of time.

Up Tilt: Daroach twirls the Triple Star above him stylishly like a cane for about a half second, moderate startup, slow recovery.

Forward Tilt: Daroach does a slow overhead swing with the Triple Star. (Think Ike's Forward Smash)

Down Tilt: Daroach points the Triple Star to the ground directly in front of him and launches a small star at the ground, causing a small explosion that launches characters into the air, slow start up, quick recovery, this is Daroach's only good grounded move, as it allows him to combo with his air moves. (Think Mewtwo's Down Smash, with the launching of Roy's Down-Tilt)

Up Smash: Daroach does a slow, heavy swing in an arc above him with the Triple Star, a small trail of stars will follow the swing, each with their own hitboxes for multiple hits. (Small swing range, think DeDeDe's Up Smash, but with a smaller hitbox)

Forward Smash: Daroach does a whirling swing with the Triple Star, spinning around 720 degrees, launches a star in front of him, think of characters' Forward Smashes while holding a Star Rod. This move has a Slow Startup, and a slower recovery, due to how useful the move can possibly be.

Down Smash: Daroach spins around 360 degrees with the Triple Star pointed to the ground, leaving a small trail of stars in its wake, each with their own individual hitboxes for multiple hits, little to no knockback, think Roy's Down Smash.

Grab / Pivot Grab: Daroach quickly grabs his victim with one of his floating hands/paws/claws, holding them by the torso, holding his Triple Star in the other vacant paw/claw/hand. (We'll go with hand.)

Up Throw: Daroach tosses his victim into the air and does a quick upwards swing with the Triple Star, two hits, the first knocks them into the air with a direct hit from the Triple Star, the second hit is where the Triple Star launches a Star directly upwards into the air, if it hits, the enemy is knocked away towards whatever direction Daroach is facing. (Pretty much like Falco's Up Throw)

Forward Throw: Similar to King DeDeDe, Daroach plays T-ball with his opponent and hits them with the Triple Star, knocking them away a moderate distance.

Back Throw: Daroach simply tosses his enemy behind him, similar to Zelda's back throw, except he has his back turned, which looks COOL AS ****.

Down Throw: Daroach throws them into the ground, but not before creating a small field under him, similar to the mine left by Din's Fire, when they hit the field, they are launched in the direction Daroach is facing. (Like Fox / Falco's Down Throw)

Dash Grab: Daroach teleports depending on how long the grab button is held, the dash grab can also be turned into a pivot dash grab mid teleport, however, the teleport doesn't go very far.

Aerial Moves: This is where Daroach flourishes, same as Little Mac in Sm4sh is a master of the ground, Daroach is a master of the air, where he lacks in ground movement, he makes up for in incredible air prowess.

Up Air: Daroach twirls the Triple Star above him like he would if he were grounded, however, his up air will lift him slightly, similar to Ivysaur's down air. A small field of stars will also spin around the Triple Star, making the hit box bigger than its grounded counterpart. (The lift effect is only good for two up airs in one session of being airborne.)

Neutral Air: Daroach will spin around in a circle at a sloped angle, a magical trail of stars will follow, and characters hit by the Triple Star itself will be hit once with a moderate knockback, enemies hit by the trail of stars will be hit by however many stars they come into contact with before suffering small knockback.

Forward Air: Daroach swings the Triple Star overhead, followed by a singular star projectile (Like the Star Rod's). Enemies hit by the Triple Star will be hit with moderate knockback, enemies hit byt he projectile will get hitstun (Like Falco's Laser).

Back Air: Daroach does a backhanded swing of the Triple Star, has the same properties of his forward air, except with a horizontal swing insted of an overhead swing. This also turns him around mid-air.

Down Air: Daroach swings the Triple Star in an arc under him, followed by a trail of stars, enemies hit by the Triple Star itself will be meteored if hit at the start of the attack, otherwise, they will be launched upwards, or hit by the trail of stars.

Up Special: Daroach Teleports a short distance, this teleport can be used twice, however, only the first teleport can be acted out of, the second teleport causes free fall. This is one of Daroach's most useful moves, as it allows him to get away from his opponents.

Neutral Special: Daroach holds the Triple Star above his head for a charged time, then launches an amount of stars depending on how long the button was held down, if held down for one second, one star, two seconds, two stars, etc. The stars can bounce off of walls, but only once. And only up to a maximum of three stars.

Forward / Back Special: Daroach teleports into the direction held, but only a very short distance, in his place a squeak will be left behind, where it will bounce around and meander about the stage, harming any opposition that it bounces into. Only one Squeak may be active at any time, and they can be knocked off of the stage. (This move is a result of being a DeDeDe clone.)

Down Special: Daroach begins to phase out of place for a bit, if any opposition attacks him during this, he teleports behind them and hits them with a small barrage of stars, doing little damage, with the last one causing maderate knockback. (Think vBrawl's Lucario's Down B)

Taunt 1: Daroach swings the Triple Star back and forth as though it were a composer's baton.

Taunt 2: Daroach snaps his fingers and spawns a sticker, or some other treasure item, maybe a coin will appear. TREAURE! FAT LOOTS!

Taunt 3: Daroach tosses his hat into the air stylishly and puts it back onto his head. THIS. RIGHT. HERE.

Final Smash: Daroach launches a giant laser beam from his Triple Star, similar to Samus' Zero Laser, however, it is smaller, and Daroach can move vertically (ver slowly, however) as the laser is in use.

Tell me what ya guys think, if I might have overseen something that would be too overpowered, please tell me and I'll fix it, I do want this to be seen as a unique moveset :)
Ok so let me preface what I'm about to say by saying that before i googled him, i had no idea who Daroach was. Not only that, but i wasn't sure if i should read your moveset or wait until later. Well...It was worth the read.

The Good: Fairly creative for a Dedede clone. In fact i think your the first person I've seen make a clone suggestion based off of dedede. Kudos to you for that from me. I really like the side special. The ability to teleport and leave something in place of you seems extremely useful and it makes good use of the projectile linked to D3's side special. I also like the grabs. I don't know if this was your intention but the way you described it kinda reminded me of mewtwo's back throw except he just doesn't give af where the character goes which seemed really cool. The second taunt is creative and i think is a nice feature to complement his personality. I also really REALLY like how you provided moves and the occasional picture/video for comparison. I had done it myself previously but i had no idea how much clearer they define a character.

The Not So Good: Well...This you can't really control but i think strictly speaking of the Kirby series, Daroach isn't next in line for a spot. Also....something is missing to me...Personally i would like to see some kind of gimmick or something unique going for the character and here i see....not too much. I'm assuming he has multiple jumps so that's something but other than that he really doesn't have anything special to bring to the table. If it were me, based on the moveset you provided, i would give him a really strong float. I understand this would make his recovery insane especially if he can jump out of the first teleport but i think it's just what his moveset needs. Perhaps make it so his float only carries him vertically? That in conjunction with his forward air and teleport special move would create some serious zoning opportunities. That float, teleport and multijump would need to be kept in check though. I would say make it so he's only allowed 2 teleports, 1 float out of a teleport or jump or 4 jumps by themself. That's just my opinion though.

Overall a solid moveset. Brought some interest to a character i never thought i could see in smash but it lacked an interesting gimmick and was with a character who isn't the next best choice.
7/10 would play friendlies with.

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724

Absolutely flawless, cannot find a single thing to nitpick about or improve upon. Just by visualizing your moveset I have one question though. Regarding Daroach's specials, since majority of them are teleport based. will the opponent be able to anticipate which special is being used? I would think that the answer is no since this is a trick based character but it wasn't specified.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
More concept art illustrating just some of Sukapon's amazing potential.
Not given an official name (its very existence a secret, actually), in Joy Mech Fight Super Sukapon Roll is triggered via half-circle-back A+B during the regular Sukapon Roll, which itself requires a ⅓-second charge back. The input's complexity is no surprise considering it does twice the damage of her second strongest move, Konnan Irahen. While the implementation presented here may not be the most obvious, it fits perfectly with Smash's sweetspot mechanic, follows with the proposed emphasis on spacing, and overall is real cool.

Assuming the self-damage (inspired by Eye's Astrong), "Comikaze" would be an amusing name.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of magic users, this is part of the reason I am still holding out hope that Medusa will be eligible, I can see her using dark magic and poison in her moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom