• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
15. Pichu - No one actually likes Pichu. Pichu is just a trolly, generally worse version of Pikachu. Pichu is literally a direct clone of Pikachu, with the only difference being weight and the ability to hurt yourself, which is equally as stupid. The only real counter-argument to anything I've said is that Pichu is a veteran, which is stupid in itself.
Is this #ShotsFired
I think this is #ShotsFired

Anything about Pichu, if put into PM is subject to change, and does not have to be fully representative of his original moveset. Direct clone status can be changed easily.

Besides, the properties of Pichu's moves weren't the same as Pikachu's

Self damage, can be reworked or removed entirely.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Okay, so I'm on Mobile and certain page aspects don't always load. It just so happened that when I opened Safari usernames weren't displaying, so I thought Shin was posting while tripping on acid or some sh*t. Rule #1 of the Internet: Always Refresh

Shin F.

Smash Master
Okay, so I'm on Mobile and certain page aspects don't always load. It just so happened that when I opened Safari usernames weren't displaying, so I thought Shin was posting while tripping on acid or some sh*t. Rule #1 of the Internet: Always Refresh
Who told you about my acid? I mean, uh - yeah, wait. Refresh.

I actually just want to see what would happen if everyone on the site just switched avatars with other people for a day, now, lol.

Warchamp, you know what to do on April Fools next year. #GreatAvatarSwap2015

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
wot u men not real shin real shin is me and me is real shin i main link and use spin attack on ground bcuz wifi also i am a nerd

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Who told you about my acid? I mean, uh - yeah, wait. Refresh.

I actually just want to see what would happen if everyone on the site just switched avatars with other people for a day, now, lol.

Warchamp, you know what to do on April Fools next year. #GreatAvatarSwap2015
We did that on MyIGN one time. It's called Avatar Week. Confusing days those were.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Wait, really? And here I was just thinking it was spur of the moment. xD That's freaking brilliant.
Have you guys already forgotten about Hitler Q the Great? Speaking of which, I really need to start doing my Minecraft blogs again.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I don't really keep up with this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat suggestions but:

Instead of the Black Shadow / OoT Ganon idea, why not instead just add a Toon Ganondorph? I mean, I know that Toon Ganondorf doesn't use magic in the one game he's in, but that doesn't mean he can't in his PM version. It's just a thought. I mostly bring it up because a sword/magic Ganondorf would be awesome, but I think Ganon mains would have decent reason to be upset if their character's moveset was moved onto a different character.

That aside, does anyone know if Dantarion's clone engine, which allows for more than 7 additional characters, will mean PM might go over that +7 limit? In other words, have any of the backroom members commented on that?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I don't really keep up with this thread, so sorry if this is a repeat suggestions but:

Instead of the Black Shadow / OoT Ganon idea, why not instead just add a Toon Ganondorph? I mean, I know that Toon Ganondorf doesn't use magic in the one game he's in, but that doesn't mean he can't in his PM version. It's just a thought. I mostly bring it up because a sword/magic Ganondorf would be awesome, but I think Ganon mains would have decent reason to be upset if their character's moveset was moved onto a different character.

That aside, does anyone know if Dantarion's clone engine, which allows for more than 7 additional characters, will mean PM might go over that +7 limit? In other words, have any of the backroom members commented on that?
Toon Ganon has been brought up, as has Ganon's beast form from the early games. Neither got much support.

Dantarion's Clone Engine is Project M's Clone Engine. The Clone Engine you're referring to is PhantomWings' BrawlEx Clone Engine, which allows up to 100. PMBR hasn't officially said much here, but I believe early on in the BrawlEx thread at Kitty Corp, I saw Dantarion saying that we shouldn't count on it.

Last edited:
Six years since I've last posted on Smashboards, all to throw my votes in the pile.

1 vote:

Skull Kid
Black Shadowdorf
Ridley
K. Rool
Isaac

Half vote:

Dark Samus
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Masked Man
Lyn

Godspeed, PMBR.

Quick question to anyone who knows: For new characters, do they plan to get an entirely new voice actor to announce character names? I can't imagine how they're going to work around that, it seems unthinkable that you could select a character without a booming, gleeful voice calling out their name.

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
Six years since I've last posted on Smashboards, all to throw my votes in the pile.

1 vote:

Skull Kid
Black Shadowdorf
Ridley
K. Rool
Isaac

Half vote:

Dark Samus
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Masked Man
Lyn

Godspeed, PMBR.

Quick question to anyone who knows: For new characters, do they plan to get an entirely new voice actor to announce character names? I can't imagine how they're going to work around that, it seems unthinkable that you could select a character without a booming, gleeful voice calling out their name.
It'd be funny if they just spliced and cut voice clips together to make the announcer say names using existing clips

"Ice-ake!"
"Ri-De-Lui-i!"

Last edited:

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have a question, I understand the less attention to third party characters, as well as not using characters from smash 4 due to copyright issues. That being said could megaman be in this game if it is box art megaman, after all he does not appear in megaman's final smash? I'm mostly joking, but I would like a serious answer.

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
I have a question, I understand the less attention to third party characters, as well as not using characters from smash 4 due to copyright issues. That being said could megaman be in this game if it is box art megaman, after all he does not appear in megaman's final smash? I'm mostly joking, but I would like a serious answer.
I think they can only include characters who are technically within Brawl's data like a trophy, stage, sticker or possibly the demo's of other games so they won't be able to use Megaman.

Also is that Amaterasu as a Pony? Cool yet a bit odd haha

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Prinny dood for Project M. We need more generic mooks from completely non-Nintendo related frachises.

His Final Smash could be Bomber Dood

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

1 vote:

Skull Kid
Black Shadowdorf
Ridley
K. Rool
Isaac

Half vote:

Dark Samus
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Masked Man
Lyn

Godspeed, PMBR.

To answer this question,

It'd be funny if they just spliced and cut voice clips together to make the announcer say names using existing clips

"Ice-ake!"
"Ri-De-Lui-i!"
They seriously might just do this.

It's how Roy's and Mewtwo's names were done.

As for voice actors for the characters themselves in battle, I don't know what they're planning to do.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

Rather than give Ganon the sword moveset and Toon Ganon the magic, I would rather see Toon Ganon dual-wielding his katanas from Wind Waker. Absolute badass, favorite Ganon incarnation.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
-1 Ninten
y do people like this character so much hes just weaker clone of ness h can even pk into self for recover ore stun lock wit pk fern y do u want stupid japan boy when we can hav shadow and megaman also im 12 by
f u casual ****tard *****
wot u men not real shin real shin is me and me is real shin i main link and use spin attack on ground bcuz wifi also i am a nerd
This is why people prank you.

Last edited:

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
They seriously might just do this.

It's how Roy's and Mewtwo's names were done.

As for voice actors for the characters themselves in battle, I don't know what they're planning to do.
iirc, the voice actor that says the brawl names appeared at some con or something. People were asking him to say different character's names ax though they were in brawl, and a bunch got recorded, so there are lots of names floating around the internet.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
iirc, the voice actor that says the brawl names appeared at some con or something. People were asking him to say different character's names ax though they were in brawl, and a bunch got recorded, so there are lots of names floating around the internet.
Unfortunately, SOJ confirmed they didn't use those. They axed other words.

Shin F.

Smash Master
They're just splicing the names. I know that there's the video with him saying the names, but since PMBR didn't use it for Mewtwo or Roy (can't remember if Roy was in it, but Mewtwo definitely was), they probably won't for the others.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Lyn has my vote.... and I guess Isaac too (Despite my everlasting hate for the dude)

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
They're just splicing the names. I know that there's the video with him saying the names, but since PMBR didn't use it for Mewtwo or Roy (can't remember if Roy was in it, but Mewtwo definitely was), they probably won't for the others.
iirc they didn't use those because of the very low quality of the recording.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I wish someone would make a good P:M Ridley so I can stop worrying about his inclusion in this.

Us Ridley fans have been shafted three times now in the main series -- can't we at least get him here??

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I wish someone would make a good P:M Ridley so I can stop worrying about his inclusion in this.

Us Ridley fans have been shafted FOUR times now in the main series -- can't we at least get him here??
I'd say it's more like 2 and a half times. No one would've expected him for 64 so that one doesn't count, and his position is still ambiguous for Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom