• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
...Y'know speaking of awesome characters, y'know who would be great? Zant.
I would have to disagree. He was a pretty big let down in my book.
Ganondorf played Sigma and used Zant as a tool that he infected with power, and even further Capcom'ed himself by being a repeat of every boss up to that point. Zant was a boring, weak tool that they hyped up for nothing.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I would have to disagree. He was a pretty big let down in my book.
Ganondorf played Sigma and used Zant as a tool that he infected with power, and even further Capcom'ed himself by being a repeat of every boss up to that point. Zant was a boring, weak tool that they hyped up for nothing.
I mean, yes, that's all very true, but I honestly have nothing else to say for this. I enjoyed him until the point where he was a tool, cuz he was ****in awesome, but whatever, people wouldn't settle for just that side of the character anyway. Skull Kid is a better option.

That certainly didn't last very long.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I mean, yes, that's all very true, but I honestly have nothing else to say for this. I enjoyed him until the point where he was a tool, cuz he was ****in awesome, but whatever, people wouldn't settle for just that side of the character anyway. Skull Kid is a better option.

That certainly didn't last very long.
I didn't really mean to shut you down. If you have ideas, by all means. Express what you enjoy. Don't let me hold you back because I have an opinion.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean, in all honesty, any idea I'd have about Zant is inherently inferior to Skull Kid.

Though a dual-blade character WOULD be something unique, but I think there's too much of a stigma towards the character after the big reveal in TP.

It's my second favorite Zelda game, but I can't deny that wasnt a big let down. Honestly even Tingle has more going for him. Not sure what I was thinking.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah...it's a shame Vaati is inelligeble right? That'd be so cool...

At any rate, Skull Kid hype!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Thread hop.

So anything new or notable?
Well, I brought up an idea:

Give Black Shadow a moveset reminiscent of a canonical Ganondorf. It wouldn't involve changing the current Ganondorf, it'd make another F-Zero rep, and the rest of us could reskin both as each other in our custom builds and be completely satisfied that way.

The idea seems to be liked and not controversial in the slightest.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Thread hop.

I said we could replace CF with Blackshadow, replace Ganon with CF, replace Zelda with Ganon, replace Toon Link with Zelda, and make Toon Link an original character instead of another stupid Link copy. Everyone seemed to love the idea because it fixes everyone's problem. Ganon isn't replaced by Blackshadow, he gets a moveset more true to the series, and Toon Link is no longer a 1:1 copy of Link.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Thread hop.

Someone had an opinion. Someone else shut down their opinion with their opinion. The butthurt somone tried revamping their opinion. The other someone pointed out their opinion. Someone else showed up reminded everyone that they're just opinions.

Also Kellogg's vs Capcom is a thing now......so yea

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I thought the thread was dead beyond belief. Little did I know, I'd accidentally unwatched it. >.<

Speaking of Dual Bladers, I want WW Ganon so very badly.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Stopped taking this topic seriously right about there.
You're from the Sm4sh forums aren't you?

Typical.

Anyway there's some neat discussion always going on. If you started following us before you'd have known that a couple of us really want a new Mother newcomer no matter what the OP says. Namely, either Ninten or the Masked Man. Good ideas are floating around for Ninten especially--go to Shin F.'s signature for more info.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
You're from the Sm4sh forums aren't you?

Typical.

Anyway there's some neat discussion always going on. If you started following us before you'd have known that a couple of us really want a new Mother newcomer no matter what the OP says. Namely, either Ninten or the Masked Man. Good ideas are floating around for Ninten especially--go to Shin F.'s signature for more info.
:D Mother reps are where it's at.

@ ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef There's also a sick nasty Masked Man move set by Mowg and I floating around somewhere... If I had a link I would post it.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
:D Mother reps are where it's at. There's also a sick nasty Masked Man move set by Mowg and I floating around somewhere... If I had a link I would post it.
Guess I'll have to genuinely have a browse through the topic, then. My apologies for making assumptions.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Guess I'll have to genuinely have a browse through the topic, then. My apologies for making assumptions.
It's cool man. Around here, when characters like Lyn are in the higher echelons of likelihood, we don't really take "number of reps" too seriously. I used to heavily support Masked Man, but now I'm just as fine with Ninten as well, since he could actually, legitimately please represent the support class main character from Mother games...

...Although I tend to think 8 Pokemon reps would be overkill, but wouldn't hate it if it happened. I'd just love to see other series get reps first.

Skull Kid Skull Kid Skull Kid Skull Kid Skull Kid

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Has there been a real Kumatora set done yet?

Edit: I begin to feel like I'd change a lot about my top 5 nowadays but everything hinges on what Smash 4 does with its roster. Takamaru/Lyn, Issac, Lip, Sami and Saki sounds good.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
It's cool man. Around here, when characters like Lyn are in the higher echelons of likelihood, we don't really take "number of reps" too seriously.
I hear ya. I've been rooting for Jeff / Duster / Masked Man myself for ages now, however likely they might be. I still think an agile kicking attacker (Duster) would make an amusing contrast to the agile punching attacker (Little Mac), but I digress.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Good ideas are floating around for Ninten especially--go to Shin F.'s signature for more info.
There's no possible way for me to express how much i agree with this comment.

If anyone on here hasn't already seen it, i recommend you look at it before dismissing another mother rep.

I just read it myself and am about to add the ninten icon to my sig.

Seriously well done to to whoever created the ninten moveset. I'm 150% behind it.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
There's no possible way for me to express how much i agree with this comment.

If anyone on here hasn't already seen it, i recommend you look at it before dismissing another mother rep.

I just read it myself and am about to add the ninten icon to my sig.

Seriously well done to to whoever created the ninten moveset. I'm 150% behind it.
Shin and Saito made it, I believe.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Has there been a real Kumatora set done yet?

Edit: I begin to feel like I'd change a lot about my top 5 nowadays but everything hinges on what Smash 4 does with its roster. Takamaru/Lyn, Issac, Lip, Sami and Saki sounds good.
Not really, but that's because we agree that it's either Ninten / Masked Man or bust. The former could complete the Mother protagonist trio, while the latter would offer what others consider a "cool" character from Mother.

I'd like Kumatora myself, but I'd rather see the above two before we get her.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Not really, but that's because we agree that it's either Ninten / Masked Man or bust. The former could complete the Mother protagonist trio, while the latter would offer what others consider a "cool" character from Mother.

I'd like Kumatora myself, but I'd rather see the above two before we get her.
Maybe my problem with Kumatora is I have taunting memories of enemies spamming PK Ground, so I can imagine players doing the same in Smash..

All this mother support though...

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Maybe my problem with Kumatora is I have haunting memories of enemies spamming PK Ground, so I can imagine players doing the same in Smash..

All this mother support though...
I don't remember enemies using PK Ground. I thought it was exclusive to her.

If we're gonna get ground based attacks though, then Isaac all the way.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah; Kumatora was an incredibly awesome character and all, but if we were to represent her character well, we'd pretty much get Ness and Lucas in Smash but female and taller, because for some reason Paula, Poo and Kumatora gave all their techniques to Ness and Lucas. She's also not as important as Ninten/MM in the long run.

-_-

This is why Ninten and Masked Man are the best choices, and also, though I love Duster as much as the next person, he just doesn't mean as much to the series.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
This is why Ninten and Masked Man are the best choices, and also, though I love Duster as much as the next person, he just doesn't mean as much to the series.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. The reason why I suggest Jeff / Duster isn't necessarily the importance of the character to their respective stories (though if we're judging there, at least Duster has a larger impact on the overarching story of his game than Jeff does in his). I choose those characters specifically because we don't need more PK users. There's another aspect to the games that should also be represented, and that's the party members that DON'T use PK. These characters are also in a good position to become playable (Jeff especially) since not only are they unique in comparison to everyone else in their games, they're also unique in comparison to everyone else in Smash currently.

Would I be fine with Ninten or Masked Man? Sure. I would just prefer that, if Mother got a third representative, it was someone to represent the 'awesome normal' party members. Heck, I'd be down for writing up movesets for Jeff and Duster if that's required to sway some people over to my side. ;)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The same could be said of Fire Emblem needing to deviate from sword lords; however, Hector/Ephraim just don't have as much going for them as Lyn does right now.

However, I'd agree it would be nice to have some Mother representation that's not PSI users, just that Ninten/Masked Man are probably going to get chosen if anyone is.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
The same could be said of Fire Emblem needing to deviate from sword lords; however, Hector/Ephraim just don't have as much going for them as Lyn does right now.

However, I'd agree it would be nice to have some Mother representation that's not PSI users, just that Ninten/Masked Man are probably going to get chosen if anyone is.
At least Ninten and Masked Man have possible PSI techniques that are much different from the typical PSI archetype we see in Smash, and have unique weapons that the others don't make much or any use of.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I think Mother is well represented, neither over- or underrepped. And it's amount of character shouldn't be an argument for or against another one.
This goes for both Project M and Smash 4.
Personally my most wanted mother character is Porky, because villain and mecha.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Masked Man was at first my number one pick, but I've warmed up to Ninten- especially considering it would finish off the Protagonist trio.

Are Kumatora and or Duster even in Brawl in some form?..

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Heck, I'd be down for writing up movesets for Jeff and Duster if that's required to sway some people over to my side. ;)
I'm glad you said that because coming from someone who didn't play earthbound at all sorry guise it's kinda hard for me to support one character over another when there are no movesets to be compared for smash purposes. I'd go as far as saying that for each potential character we should be voting moreso on specific movesets as opposed to the character itself and their potential. If you look at just the character without a moveset attached then you have little to nothing since this is a crossover game and 100% of a character is seldom preserved.

With the previous poll we've seen what characters users want, don't want and can be persuaded on. What we didn't see is what moveset people wanted from each character and whether a specific moveset is preferred to another one. I think a poll that would somehow encompass this would do this thread a little justice.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Are Kumatora and or Duster even in Brawl in some form?..
I know for a fact that they both appear in Brawl as stickers, not that that says much.

Guess I'll start working on movesets for Duster and Jeff. :3

EDIT: Since no-one's posted in a while, guess I'll put 'em here.

Jeff Andonuts:

A light, speedy Smasher that, like Mega Man, is focused more primarily on a ranged game to build preliminary damage before the enemy gets close. Unlike Mega Man, however, Jeff also utilizes devices to inhibit opponent effectiveness.

(Jabs)

A: Jeff pokes forward with the barrel of his laser.
AA: Jeff pokes forward with the barrel of his laser, then follows up a downward pistolwhip-like movement.
AAA: Barrel poke, then a pistolwhip, followed by a close range laser blast that propels Jeff backward a short ways in addition to natural knockback.
Dash A: Jeff trips and rolls forward a few times. Slight chance to trip enemies.

(This makes Jeff unique in that he doesn't have a spammable A button move, nor a finisher, but his AAA can be used to build distance as it tends to come out quickly.)

(Tilts)

Up Tilt: Jeff aims his laser upward (the laser has its own hitbox that knocks people overhead), and then fires a short range laser blast.

Down Tilt: Jeff drops his glasses and scrambles to pick them up. The glasses have their own hitbox, but no damage/knockback (it only stuns momentarily).

Forward Tilt: Jeff fires a laser blast forward. Similar range to Wolf's blaster special in Brawl, though notably faster. Not as easily spammed; trying to press too quickly may jam the gun.

(Aerials)

Up Air: Jeff flails arms and legs wildly in mid-air while facing the camera; low knockback, great for comboing.

Down Air: Jeff spins to land on the ground (or enemies) on his back. The first handful of frames when he flops onto his back is a meteor smash. Otherwise, just sends enemies downward. Can be used as a defensive maneuver against projectiles because if it doesn't hit an enemy it puts Jeff into a crumple state similar to having been knocked down once he hits the ground, but without the invincibility frames getting up.

Forward Air: Jeff rapidly repairs an item and utilizes it. Often, this winds up being an offensive spray that, while it has minimal damage, decreases the opponent's stats slightly across the board (they do less damage, take more damage, suffer more knockback than normal, etc.) for a short while. The range on the spray requires Jeff to be very close for this to be effective.

Back Air: Jeff fumbles through his inventory and accidentally drops a bomb! The bomb functions similarly to Link's bomb, except it explodes on impact with the floor, the wall or an enemy. 10% chance for a Super Bomb (larger explosion, greater damage/knockback).

Neutral Air: Jeff produces a broken device, but it explodes on him when he tries to use it. It looks a bit like a mechanical Mr. Saturn, but has a slight chance to look like other iconic NPC's in Mother 2, like a Hippie, Mani Mani Statue and more! Does slight damage to Jeff, though doesn't do much to help recovery. If the enemy is close enough to Jeff, can be an effective kill move at higher percentages.

(Smash Attacks)

Up Smash: Jeff produces a horn-like device that releases a shockwave upward. After the initial attack, it turns out to be the Defense Shower, which blankets the area around Jeff with particles that, while in it, decreases the damage and knockback Jeff takes. The particles last about five seconds. A few extra seconds can be bought by charging it. The shower is only effective if you're actually in the area of effect; enemies can't take advantage of this.

Down Smash: Jeff produces the Slime Generator, which leaves a patch of slime on the ground. Slightly wider than Jeff's model, and a kind of mucous green. Any enemy that lands on this patch of slime (or walks in it) will find that they can't move for a short time. They can still shield and utilize attacks and specials, but they can't turn around or spot dodge. The slime patches last on screen for about twenty five to thirty seconds (depending on charge), and can hold the enemy upward of five seconds (dependant on enemy percentage). Only two slime patches can be on stage at once.

Forward Smash: Jeff unleashes a large beam of energy from his laser. Good damage, good knockback, great combo ender as it's produced quickly. If you use it too often, the effect diminishes more rapidly than normal (and the difference would be visible and have smaller hitboxes), which discourages random use.

(Specials)

Up B: (Bubble Monkey): Quickly producing a stick of bubble gum, Jeff is aided by the Bubble Monkey! Primarily used as a means of vertical recovery, once at the peak it begins to float downward steadily while gaining speed 'til at normal fall speed, then the bubble pops. It can still be controlled horizontally, but the effect is slow and minimal at best. As a fun Easter Egg/Bonus, this special produces Tessie while coming downward toward the water. Tessie acts as a temporary platform that disappears after a short while, or after someone jumps off.

Down B: (Bottle Rocket/Big Bottle Rocket/Multi Bottle Rocket): Jeff sets down a bottle rocket. The animation itself has a short windup as the projectile is produced and placed on the ground, and two can be on stage at any one time. Holding down the B button launches the projectiles; alternatively, if both are already on screen, you can simply press Down B again. Bottle Rockets have good damage/knockback, but aren't efficient kill moves. Big Bottle Rockets act similarly, but have larger explosions, do more damage and knockback. Multi Bottle Rockets also behave similarly, but release a spread of bottle rockets at their peak to rain down on the stage. The odds of each are 70%, 20% and 10% respectively.

Forward B: (Bazooka/Heavy Bazooka): Jeff utilizes a bazooka on enemies! The projectile flies straight, forward, and explodes on contact. The projectile falls off after a medium distance (the distance from one end of Battlefield to the other), making it an effective edgeguarding tool. Decent damage/knockback. 10% chance to be a Heavy Bazooka instead, which at certain percentages qualifies as a kill move. The Heavy Bazooka projectile acts similarly to the normal Bazooka projectile. This special can be used to aid horizontal recovery.

Neutral B: (Shield Killer): This strange device emits a close-range burst of particles that does major damage to shields. The actual attack itself does very little damage, but has an added bonus in that if it DOES do damage, it prevents the enemy from utilizing their shield for a short time (three to five seconds depending on enemy percentage). Great way to break shields if you've already done some shield damage.

(Grabs)

Grab: Utilizes the Bubble Monkey to grab the enemy. While holding, pressing the A button utilizes the Hungry HP Sucker, which heals Jeff for 1% each successful hit.

Up Throw: Bubble Monkey throws the enemy skyward! Simple and effective. Easy to combo out of.

Down Throw: Bubble Monkey throws down the enemy! Also simple and effective.

Forward Throw: Bubble Monkey pretends to throw the enemy backward, but Jeff throws himself into the enemy to send them flying!

Backward Throw: Bubble Monkey pretends to throw the enemy forward, but then swings them back over Jeff, who ducks!

Final Smash: (Fireworks Display)

Jeff throws down all the bottle rockets in his inventory, which launch afterward in pairs of two. Stronger than their normal special counterparts, and Jeff can still move and attack during the Final Smash!

Duster:

A light, speedy Smasher that suffers from a taller hitbox than the other Mother kids, but has a slightly higher weight. Utilizes Thief Tools to decrease enemy efficiency or just to battle in general, but is a more effective close range combatant. Like Lucas, can utilize the Rope Snake for a short range tether recovery.

(Jabs)

A: Duster aims a light kick for the ankles.
AA: Duster aims a light kick for the ankles, then sweeps. Disciplined Duster players will use these jabs here to attempt to force enemies into trip animations.
AAA: Duster aims a light kick for the ankles, then sweeps and aims a stronger forward kick at the enemy to end it.
Spam/Hold A: Duster jabs forward with a number of light kicks that can trap the enemy at lower percentages.
Spam/Hold A Finisher: Duster finishes with a potent roundhouse kick!
Dash A: Duster rapidly rushes forward. The attack does little damage or knockback, but if the enemy is holding an item, it now belongs to Duster.

(Tilts)

Up Tilt: Duster aims a punt-like kick for the enemy that serves as an excellent aerial combo starter.

Down Tilt: Duster lowers his body and aims a sweep for the enemy's legs. Has a high chance to force enemies into a trip animation, and can be spammed.

Forward Tilt: Duster skids forward a short ways and uses the momentum to deliver a chest-level kick.

(Aerials)

Up Air: Duster throws his body upside down and kicks upward with both legs. The momentum can actually be used to slow downward momentum during falls.

Down Air: Duster delivers a quick straight downward dive kick. Sends Duster hurtling downward. Unique in that it actually nullifies downward momentum if it hits an enemy or object, allowing Duster to bounce slightly upward to either escape, pursue other options or attempt to do another Down Air. If enemies hit by this are in the air, they're spiked downward. If you can manage to bounce twice on an enemy in this manner, the spike turns into a meteor smash. Does minimal damage and very little knockback. The bounce produced is similar to footstool jumps.

Forward Air: Duster delivers a crescent kick forward. The hitbox extends into a large area in front of him and is somewhat deceiving.

Back Air: Duster unleashes a powerful horse kick behind him with one leg. Bar none his most effective kill move, though suffers a slight windup.

Neutral Air: A quick mid-air pirouette-like spin in mid-air that sends both legs kicking outward to hit an area around him and, for a time, underneath him.

(Smash Attacks)

Up Smash: Duster falls to his hands and thrusts both legs upward powerfully.

Down Smash: Duster falls to his hands and spins in place, legs outward. Because this attack has excellent horizontal knockback, this serves as an effective move to gain some breathing room.

Forward Smash: Duster throws his body forward, with both legs in front of him for a devastating forward smash. This attack is purposefully frame for frame like Fox's original forward smash in Smash 64, and is meant as an homage of sorts.

(Specials)

Up B: (Wall Staples): Duster stops in mid-air and produces Wall Staples! He then inserts them into the air and climbs upwards to the top, which acts like a platform. One of the most effective vertical recoveries in the game. It's possible to lay down up to two or five of them. Once they've been placed, they act just like normal ladders do 'til they disappear after a while. If by chance an enemy happens to be stapled, they're trapped and stunned for a short time as a bonus! The Wall Staples tend to disappear FAR faster if Duster or an opponent is currently utilizing them to prevent abuse. Similarly, only one set of Wall Staples is allowed on stage at one time, which can be used as a way for smart players to put a high percentage Duster at a disadvantage.

Down B: (Thunder Bomb): Duster drops a Thunder Bomb, which can then be picked up. Only one Thunder Bomb may exist on the field at one time. Attempting to use this special while a Thunder Bomb is already out will produce a Nut Cookie, which Duster then takes a bite of and pockets it again (this does no healing, however). Its timer is similar to Link's bombs before it detonates, and while it acts like a normal item, attacks can send it flying as well. When it explodes, it unleashes a burst of electrical energy in an area around it, slightly bigger than Link's bomb explodes. If enemies are hit by it, they're stunned for a few seconds.

Forward B: (Hypno-Pendulum): A close range hypnosis attack that can actually be held to continue using it after the pendulum has been produced. Has a deceptive area of effect in front of Duster. If it puts enemies to sleep, any attack to the sleeping enemy causes more damage and knockback than normal. As a nod to Mother 3 and a cool Easter Egg, the background music lowers somewhat and Duster can hear the heartbeat of the enemy in time with the music.

Neutral B: (Thief Swap: Siren Beetle/Scary Mask/Tickle Stick): If you hold down the B button, Duster will produce three tools and cycle through them. Releasing the button chooses the item. Just pressing the button utilizes the item in question (though this button defaults to Siren Beetle at the start of battle or after Duster's KO'ed). The Siren Beetle throws forward a screeching beetle that makes enemies turn around (similar in effect to Mario's cape, but with no damage and greater range). Only one Siren Beetle can exist on the stage at a time. Tickle Stick decreases the enemy's defenses, making it easier to do damage to them and they suffer slightly greater knockback than normal. Scary Mask decreases the enemy's offensive capabilities, making their attacks do less damage and knockback. Between the Tickle Stick and Scary Mask, only one debuff can be active on an enemy at a time, and stays on the enemy 'til they or Duster is KO'ed. Neither Scary Mask nor Tickle Stick do any damage, knockback or hitstun. However, to compensate for this, both specials apply to enemies regardless of if they're shielding or not. Spot dodges and air dodges, however, are an exception to the rule.

(Grabs)

Grab: Duster pulls his hands from his pockets and simply grabs the enemy firmly.

Up Throw: Duster throws the enemy into the air and kicks them upward.
Down Throw: Duster uses a leg to grab the enemy by the shoulder and slam them to the ground.
Forward Throw: Duster throws a strong kick ahead of himself, sending the opponent flying.
Back Throw: Duster wrangles the enemy using the Rope Snake and swings them around behind himself, sending them flying.

Final Smash: (DCMC)

Duster gets the band back together for one last number. They play a snazzy jazz remix (randomly chosen from a selection of familiar Mother tunes!) that constantly damages enemies participating in the battle while they continue to fight. Regardless of where the enemy is on screen, however, once the song ends, gratuitous knockback is applied to them in a random direction. It's possible to survive this attack if you're at low percentages going into the Final Smash and you get lucky.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I really like Jeff's moves, especially the use of the Defense Shower. That being said I see it working better as a special in an attempt to give Jeff smashes that have better knock back rather than ones that boost his defensive game.

Duster's is great, but I can never be truly on board with him knowing that there are other Mother reps that could bring more unique play styles to the table.

His Final Smash is bada*ss though.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I really like Jeff's moves, especially the use of the Defense Shower. That being said I see it working better as a special in an attempt to give Jeff smashes that have better knock back rather than ones that boost his defensive game.

Duster's is great, but I can never be truly on board with him knowing that there are other Mother reps that could bring more unique play styles to the table.

His Final Smash is bada*ss though.
Thanks for the comments! I was mostly trying to mix Jeff's awkward nerdy nature in with laser attacks. I also wanted to incorporate all (or most) of his gadgets, and have a character that could buff/debuff, rewarding risky close combat play while still encouraging and giving options for ranged play.

As for Duster, I understand that a lot of people aren't that keen on him as a playable character. He's more of a novelty character, which is a shame, but I figured I'd at least try to see what kind of interest I could drum up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom