• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Something's invigorated. And empowered. And embraced. If we're still on about hentai. Also, we're talking about a lack of taste here. I'm tacky to a fault. I wore a suit, trenchcoat, and opera mask to Best Buy today, after all. Tacky.

Also, I have a forty-five dollar pen, a nice watch (analog, of course), and a ponytail. The trifecta of suit accessories.

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=030314

Sorrylatebutcouldn'tpassitup.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
I'm really surprised with all the recent support that Waluigi is getting from here (tells me I'm not delusional)...................I guess most of the "haters" come from Gamefaqs

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Sorry for being a little late to post this, but since I had work while you guys were discussing public domain characters I thought I'd just type it up while I had the chance.

There is in fact at least one character that deserves to be mentioned from the public domain.

Dracula (Public Domain/Castlevania)
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!

Value – A – Basically adds a character from an unrepped series and is an extremely iconic villain.
Effort – C – Would need to be made from scratch

Background: From Bram Stoker to modern television, Dracula’s name is probably only unknown to the most reclusive of beings. With his vampiric abilities, albeit different in almost every incarnation, he is known for being incredibly powerful and deceptive. But gamers will surely be able to identify the powers of Dracula from Castlevania. Hellfire, teleports, and bat transformations are definitely his cup of… tea.

Moveset: The character’s which would probably work well would be either Ganondorf or Lucario, since a command grab could be implemented for obvious reasons. Although using Ganondorf would obviously limit him to only using fake projectiles. Would use his iconic abilities like Hellfire, Teleport, and could even borrow from some enemies within the games like Malphas or Death.

Pros
- “Represents” a major unrepped series that has no other way of adding a character to PM
- Adds another villain
- An iconic character
- Huge moveset potential

Cons
- Animating and modeling could be extremely complex (cloak/wings/projectiles/possible transformations)
- Not sure how “Public Domain” the character would be

I actually feel like making a moveset for him even though his chances aren't that great. There is just so much they could do with this character it's mind boggling. Also, since they don't seem to follow the same rules for alternate costumes, a Mathias Cronqvist (aka Dracula before he turns into a vampire in the Castlevania series) alternate would be the most ideal to make him as relatable to Castlevania as possible.

Putting him over Ganondorf makes a hell of a lot of sense, not only just because of the Dark attack, but also because of his build and move set. I mean hell, just just look at this clip:

In this alone we see the same body build and moves hat REALLY resemble the Flame Choke and his up tilt. As for the fake projectile thing, didn't Brawl Minus Ganon have a projectile that came out by holding b? Something like that would be done for his Meteor or whatever. I'm gonna wait to see the final say of his eligibility, but he would get a +1 from me if allowed.

Now as for the Pokemon Trainer, I heard the issue might be the Poke ball, but if possible could the move be modified on him so that the only ones that come out are Chikorita(2),Torchic(3), and Piplup(4)?

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I'm really surprised with all the recent support that Waluigi is getting from here (tells me I'm not delusional)...................I guess most of the "haters" come from Gamefaqs
To be fair, I think a lot of closet Waluigi fans are just coming here after the Anti Hype from Sakurai last week (I am probably one of the biggest Waluigi fans you will ever know). I even drew a picture in my government class last week after i heard the news. I should have been fighting very hard for him even before this, instead of just mentioning him... You can say it was a wake up call for us, either PM or wait for Smash 5 (which even then who knows if he gets in or not.)

I'll try and upload the picture I drew soon.

EDIT: Got it.
I was so sad bad dad that day...

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
One of isaac's moves could be where he hits the ground, and if anyone is near him they'll get hurt and bounce up (if they're on the ground) Similair to DK's slap, but just one strong hit, and not multiple slaps

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
One problem to my knowledge, is that while Dracula is in Public Domain Castlevania Dracula is not.
Making it the Castlevania Dracula (looking "exactly" like the Castlevania version, being Mathias Cronqvist, having it series be Castlevania, etc.) it wouldn't be a Public domain character.

Shin F.

Smash Master
One of isaac's moves could be where he hits the ground, and if anyone is near him they'll get hurt and bounce up (if they're on the ground) Similair to DK's slap, but just one strong hit, and not multiple slaps
Or it could put them into the ground, like DK's Headbutt. That's a bit tame compared to what he could have, but it's something to think about.
One problem to my knowledge, is that while Dracula is in Public Domain Castlevania Dracula is not.
Making it the Castlevania Dracula (looking "exactly" like the Castlevania version, being Mathias Cronqvist, having it series be Castlevania, etc.) it wouldn't be a Public domain character.
This is actually correct. If Dracula's going to be in the game, he can have similarities to Castlevania's Dracula (it would only be expected for two different Draculas based on the original to have some), but he can't actually be him. Having said that, Konami has by no means copyrighted the symbol of a whip, so if he just happens to use one somewhere I don't see why it can't be his mark.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
This is actually correct. If Dracula's going to be in the game, he can have similarities to Castlevania's Dracula (it would only be expected for two different Draculas based on the original to have some), but he can't actually be him. Having said that, Konami has by no means copyrighted the symbol of a whip, so if he just happens to use one somewhere I don't see why it can't be his mark.
Regardless of this big boom of support for Dracula, I think we should avoid him at all costs simply because of the sketchiness of his use in reference to that of Castlevania. I mean sure, it would be alright to make him similar, but how is Konami going to react when they see Dracula and a Castlevania stage? The only thing going through my head is C&D.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
This is the only reason I would be worried about his inclusion, but to be honest, there is no reason the PMBR couldn't make their own model and version of Dracula. It's not like there is literally hundreds of thousands of references to use from.

And as for the Mathias Cronqvist alternate, they don't seem to be following ANY rules for the alt costumes besides it needing to be the same character. Shadow Peach is in no way in this game at all, be it in the form of a sticker or trophy, and Mewtwo's armor design from Pokemon the First Movie was in no way shape or form in the game as well. I don't see why having an alt that "resembled" Mathias to an extent would be a bad thing. But if worse came to worse, he could just have his Green or Yellow costume use that general color scheme.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I keep forgetting, half vote to Waluigi. I'm ultimately neutral to him, but my OCD says that it's wrong to have Mario, Luigi, and Wario, but not Waluigi.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Waluigi is a filler character.

Put him in smash and I bet that he would get a few games.

I mean look at kid icarus. Put in smash. SUDDENLY HAS A GAME.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
And without further adieu, I present to you my Dracula moveset.

Dracula Moveset Potential

Movement
Entrance: There are many ways he could enter. The standard pillar of red light could work, or he could come in as a swarm of bats and take shape, wisp in from the shadows of his cloak, or rise from a throne and toss a glass for good measure.
Idle: He stands tall, unmoving since he obviously isn’t breathing, and perhaps tossing open his cape occasionally for dramatic effect. He could also facepalm and laugh evilly. AKA generic vampire stuff.
Run: He rushes forwards with his cape billowing behind him, his feet never touching the ground.
Jumps: Generic jumps, he could possibly have a hover and rest on a bed of bats or he could have a glide with his cloak turning into wings. Or he could just, you know, jump.

Standard Attacks
Jab: Flicks his cape open and slaps his opponent into the air with the back of his hand (ala Charizard).
F Tilt: Can’t think of much for this, probably just swings his cloak around and you can tilt it up and down accordingly. Sort of similar to Zelda’s F tilt.
Up Tilt: Summons Death’s Scythe above him and twirls it around a couple times above his head. This move could have odd trajectories based on where the opponent makes contact with the scythe, sending them in the opposite direction from where they were hit (sends opponents flying left if they were hit on the right). Extremely unsafe, would probably be used primarily as an anti air.
D Tilt: Sends up a wave of blood or darkness from the ground ala Jedah cr.MK or Wallachia 2C accordingly. A great spacing tool and combo enabler, but could be punished by WDOoS due to recovery frames.

Nair: Again, not sure what to put here. He could engulf himself in darkness and deal moderate KB for better spacing or it could be more similar to Mewtwo’s Nair. Another option would be for him to spin Death’s Scythe around in circles like Armor Knight Soul in Castlevania DoS which could be very useful with a float. I can’t think of a lot for this move…
Fair: Wallachia’s jC. This would probably be his go to aerial due to its range and KB. It would send at an incredibly painful diagonally downwards angle that would utterly destroy fast fallers at moderate percents.
Bair: Transforms one side of his cape into a wing and swats at the opponent behind him. Deals light KB and would be used as a juggling tool.
Uair: Raises his hand into the air and creates a small explosion of darkness. Most likely his least useful aerial and would only be used as a combo ender when all other options weren’t possible. It would deal a decent amount of percent to compensate, but not much KB.
Dair: Summons a wave of bats below him that goes from one side to the other (kind of like a slower upside down Wolf Uair) that deals multiple hits. Would be a safe cross up on an opponent’s shield and the final hit would knock them up for a juggle. This would be his primary aerial when he wants to go on the offense and apply some shield pressure.

Smash Attacks
F Smash: Creates a mass of Darkness that erupts and deals massive damage and KB, but has an extremely long start up (similar to Meta Knights F Smash). The mass would resemble the spell Nightmare/Evil Sphere from Castlevania.
***Up Smash: I… seriously can’t think of one for this. Some help would be nice.***
D Smash: Opens up his cloak and unleashes a short burst of bats from both sides, a good “get off me” sort of move. It would have a quick start up but would be very punishable on block. Resembles Malphas’ attack were he unleashes a wave of crows.

Specials
Neutral B: The obvious spot for a projectile. Hellfire would be the most iconic, but I’m not sure if spawning three fireballs at once is possible. Also, Dark Inferno, usually uses two or more orbs in a row when being casted by him. Therefore I came up with the idea of him charging his Neutral B and giving him a certain amount of spells to cast based on how long the spell was charged. The charge can be interrupted at any time with shield, but you wouldn’t be able to charge for more unless you cast the others first. The ideal time to charge all three projectiles would be while the opponent is offstage or during a respawn. He would probably start each stock with a certain charge, depending on how powerful the projectiles are. If this idea doesn’t catch on, he could simply have a single Dark Inferno that behaves like Lucario’s Aura Sphere except takes a lot longer to charge but can reach the size of Lucario’s Aura Bomb.
Side B: This could be a variety of attacks like Hellfire, Dark Inferno, Soul Steal/Succubus/Drain Blood or whatever you’d want to call that particular grapple, or even Jedah’s scythe toss (DioSehga). Sadly, if we used a projectile at all over this attack on Ganondorf or Lucario it wouldn’t be deflectable since it’d have to be a fake projectile. Personally, I’d like to see Jedah’s Dio Sehga on this spot as a spacing NON REFLECTABLE projectile, although that could become a problem real fast… It would be incredibly punishable if you miss though since you would be immobile until the animation ends. Soul Steal would probably be the safest to incorporate.
Up B: The teleport. He would NOT be able to act out of his, but would deal damage going in and out of the teleport like Zelda’s Farore's Wind. But, since he seems to be an air juggler type character, perhaps his reappearance could have killing potential since he doesn’t seem to have a good ceiling finisher. Just a concept.
Down B: If Jedah’s Dio Sehga was turned down in favor of Soul Steal, it could also go here. If you can’t tell, I really want Dracula to have this move. A special to enable glide could go here and he could have the Moon Jump/Hippogryph Soul while on the ground. This would have this move behave like Charizard’s Down B.

Grabs
Pummel: A weaker Soul Steal/Succubus/Drain Blood
F Throw: Tosses them away while saying “Have at you!” Just a generic grab.
B Throw: Lifts them by the neck them smashes them into the ground behind him face first.
Up Throw: Lifts them up with both hands and tears them apart ala Iori Yagami from KoF.
D Throw: Bites down hard on them, healing himself proportionately to the damage dealt. This would end with the opponent lying on the ground like Snake’s D Throw.

Taunts
Generic evil laugh.
Takes out a glass of blood and drinks it nonchalantly.
“Enough with this sideshow.” From Castlevania PoR.

Final Smash
Demonic Megiddo – Dracula transforms into his true form and flies to the top of the stage where he begins charging his ultimate spell. A giant explosion will occur in the center of the stage, dealing a HUGE amount of damage and knockback based on how close they are to the center of the explosion. The edges will still kill at decent to high percents, so it would be advised to grab onto an edge or go offstage to avoid the attack at all costs. He could say "This ends now!" from Castlevania PoR.

EDIT: Here are some links to some videos of the characters I used for reference, since some of you probably don't know some of them, and can see what I'm talking about.

Jedah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz4WCh6zeOI
Wallachia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpIXq1VTZu0
Iori - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BheBNdwTQzE&feature=related

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Guys it kinda occurred to me...
should clone characters get stages with music and such?
I was thinking about it while listening to Golden Sun music, for nostalgia's sake, and I realize how much needs to come with characters to be appropriately hyped for arrival.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Guys it kinda occurred to me...
should clone characters get stages with music and such?
I was thinking about it while listening to Golden Sun music, for nostalgia's sake, and I realize how much needs to come with characters to be appropriately hyped for arrival.
I would think so. There's already that awesome Golden Sun stage by Llama Juice, and there are a couple of looped Golden Sun songs on the vault that are pretty awesome. (I made one of Isaac's Battle Theme, even).

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
And without further adieu, I present to you my Dracula moveset.

Dracula Moveset Potential

Movement
Entrance: There are many ways he could enter. The standard pillar of red light could work, or he could come in as a swarm of bats and take shape, wisp in from the shadows of his cloak, or rise from a throne and toss a glass for good measure.
Idle: He stands tall, unmoving since he obviously isn’t breathing, and perhaps tossing open his cape occasionally for dramatic effect. He could also facepalm and laugh evilly. AKA generic vampire stuff.
Run: He rushes forwards with his cape billowing behind him, his feet never touching the ground.
Jumps: Generic jumps, he could possibly have a hover and rest on a bed of bats or he could have a glide with his cloak turning into wings. Or he could just, you know, jump.

Standard Attacks
Jab: Flicks his cape open and slaps his opponent into the air with the back of his hand (ala Charizard).
F Tilt: Can’t think of much for this, probably just swings his cloak around and you can tilt it up and down accordingly. Sort of similar to Zelda’s F tilt.
Up Tilt: Summons Death’s Scythe above him and twirls it around a couple times above his head. This move could have odd trajectories based on where the opponent makes contact with the scythe, sending them in the opposite direction from where they were hit (sends opponents flying left if they were hit on the right). Extremely unsafe, would probably be used primarily as an anti air.
D Tilt: Sends up a wave of blood or darkness from the ground ala Jedah cr.MK or Wallachia 2C accordingly. A great spacing tool and combo enabler, but could be punished by WDOoS due to recovery frames.

Nair: Again, not sure what to put here. He could engulf himself in darkness and deal moderate KB for better spacing or it could be more similar to Mewtwo’s Nair. Another option would be for him to spin Death’s Scythe around in circles like Armor Knight Soul in Castlevania DoS which could be very useful with a float. I can’t think of a lot for this move…
Fair: Wallachia’s jC. This would probably be his go to aerial due to its range and KB. It would send at an incredibly painful diagonally downwards angle that would utterly destroy fast fallers at moderate percents.
Bair: Transforms one side of his cape into a wing and swats at the opponent behind him. Deals light KB and would be used as a juggling tool.
Uair: Raises his hand into the air and creates a small explosion of darkness. Most likely his least useful aerial and would only be used as a combo ender when all other options weren’t possible. It would deal a decent amount of percent to compensate, but not much KB.
Dair: Summons a wave of bats below him that goes from one side to the other (kind of like a slower upside down Wolf Uair) that deals multiple hits. Would be a safe cross up on an opponent’s shield and the final hit would knock them up for a juggle. This would be his primary aerial when he wants to go on the offense and apply some shield pressure.

Smash Attacks
F Smash: Creates a mass of Darkness that erupts and deals massive damage and KB, but has an extremely long start up (similar to Meta Knights F Smash). The mass would resemble the spell Nightmare/Evil Sphere from Castlevania.
***Up Smash: I… seriously can’t think of one for this. Some help would be nice.***
D Smash: Opens up his cloak and unleashes a short burst of bats from both sides, a good “get off me” sort of move. It would have a quick start up but would be very punishable on block. Resembles Malphas’ attack were he unleashes a wave of crows.

Specials
Neutral B: The obvious spot for a projectile. Hellfire would be the most iconic, but I’m not sure if spawning three fireballs at once is possible. Also, Dark Inferno, usually uses two or more orbs in a row when being casted by him. Therefore I came up with the idea of him charging his Neutral B and giving him a certain amount of spells to cast based on how long the spell was charged. The charge can be interrupted at any time with shield, but you wouldn’t be able to charge for more unless you cast the others first. The ideal time to charge all three projectiles would be while the opponent is offstage or during a respawn. He would probably start each stock with a certain charge, depending on how powerful the projectiles are. If this idea doesn’t catch on, he could simply have a single Dark Inferno that behaves like Lucario’s Aura Sphere except takes a lot longer to charge but can reach the size of Lucario’s Aura Bomb.
Side B: This could be a variety of attacks like Hellfire, Dark Inferno, Soul Steal/Succubus/Drain Blood or whatever you’d want to call that particular grapple, or even Jedah’s scythe toss (DioSehga). Sadly, if we used a projectile at all over this attack on Ganondorf or Lucario it wouldn’t be deflectable since it’d have to be a fake projectile. Personally, I’d like to see Jedah’s Dio Sehga on this spot as a spacing NON REFLECTABLE projectile, although that could become a problem real fast… It would be incredibly punishable if you miss though since you would be immobile until the animation ends. Soul Steal would probably be the safest to incorporate.
Up B: The teleport. He would NOT be able to act out of his, but would deal damage going in and out of the teleport like Zelda’s Farore's Wind. But, since he seems to be an air juggler type character, perhaps his reappearance could have killing potential since he doesn’t seem to have a good ceiling finisher. Just a concept.
Down B: If Jedah’s Dio Sehga was turned down in favor of Soul Steal, it could also go here. If you can’t tell, I really want Dracula to have this move. A special to enable glide could go here and he could have the Moon Jump/Hippogryph Soul while on the ground. This would have this move behave like Charizard’s Down B.

Grabs
Pummel: A weaker Soul Steal/Succubus/Drain Blood
F Throw: Tosses them away while saying “Have at you!” Just a generic grab.
B Throw: Lifts them by the neck them smashes them into the ground behind him face first.
Up Throw: Lifts them up with both hands and tears them apart ala Iori Yagami from KoF.
D Throw: Bites down hard on them, healing himself proportionately to the damage dealt. This would end with the opponent lying on the ground like Snake’s D Throw.

Taunts
Generic evil laugh.
Takes out a glass of blood and drinks it nonchalantly.
“Enough with this sideshow.” From Castlevania PoR.

Final Smash
Demonic Megiddo – Dracula transforms into his true form and flies to the top of the stage where he begins charging his ultimate spell. A giant explosion will occur in the center of the stage, dealing a HUGE amount of damage and knockback based on how close they are to the center of the explosion. The edges will still kill at decent to high percents, so it would be advised to grab onto an edge or go offstage to avoid the attack at all costs. He could say "This ends now!" from Castlevania PoR.

EDIT: Here are some links to some videos of the characters I used for reference, since some of you probably don't know some of them, and can see what I'm talking about.

Jedah - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz4WCh6zeOI
Wallachia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpIXq1VTZu0
Iori - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BheBNdwTQzE&feature=related
Did Dracula appear in vBrawl?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Did Dracula appear in vBrawl?
No, but he is in the public domain, meaning anyone can use him. Although we still haven't heard anything back about possible PD characters. Dracula is really the only one deserving anyways, so it's not a major loss if they wouldn't add him.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Whoever thought of this public domain thing is a genius. Even if I am not supportive of Dracula, that was very clever. I just wanna see how this turns out. Are public domain characters allowed? Stay tuned...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I would think so. There's already that awesome Golden Sun stage by Llama Juice, and there are a couple of looped Golden Sun songs on the vault that are pretty awesome. (I made one of Isaac's Battle Theme, even).
Well to be fair, Issac has one of the best songs in brawl already.

+1 reason to put in issac.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Come to think of it, would Isaac benefit at all by borrowing some of his team's psynergy attacks? I could see his numerous renditions of rocks and quakes and the occasional status effect not translating super-duper well to Smash, seeing as it would follow that they'd be a little slow and unwieldly. From a purely personal standpoint, earth magic has always been the most yawn-inducing to me (lightning element is where it's at) but I suppose that's not a universally applicable principle or anything. Not that I think in any sense that Isaac is lacking in coolness, just to be clear. I'd be just fine in the end with an earth+sword based moveset, I'd imagine.

Also this

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Djinni could be applied to anyone, so Isaac doesn't HAVE to have earth attacks. I believe he could have other elements depending on the Djinni that is equipped.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Come to think of it, would Isaac benefit at all by borrowing some of his team's psynergy attacks? I could see his numerous renditions of rocks and quakes and the occasional status effect not translating super-duper well to Smash, seeing as it would follow that they'd be a little slow and unwieldly. From a purely personal standpoint, earth magic has always been the most yawn-inducing to me (lightning element is where it's at) but I suppose that's not a universally applicable principle or anything. Not that I think in any sense that Isaac is lacking in coolness, just to be clear. I'd be just fine in the end with an earth+sword based moveset, I'd imagine.

Also this
I don't generally like Earth magic either, but no, I wouldn't want Isaac to borrow from the others. He has more than enough potential on his own, and using other Adept abilities is entirely unnecessary.
Djinni could be applied to anyone, so Isaac doesn't HAVE to have earth attacks. I believe he could have other elements depending on the Djinni that is equipped.
He could, but he really, really shouldn't. Being a major Earth user is one of the things that would make him unique among the PM cast. Why would anyone want to take that away from him? There are already ice and fire users, and while there aren't any wind users (unless we count flying characters) it wouldn't be right to add one element but not the others.

Last edited:

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
True that. Earth is probably gonna be stuck to him, he is iconic for it after all, but I am just presenting the facts. I should actually finish Golden Sun, however I have a ton of games that I still need to play...

D

Deleted member

......I think I still have at least one vote left.

I use that vote for muthaluvin' Dracula.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'm fairly sure Isaac would make it in, but a stage based on Golden Sun? That would also be absolutely -amazing-.

I mean the Lighthouses (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Mars) are practically tailor made to be a Smash stage (they're high in the air, bad-ass background (if the lighthouse is lit) and already have a platform design they could copy).

I mean, I know its an ass-load of work, but it would be such a nice tribute to an oft forgotten, but incredible RPG series.

Fortress

Smash Master
You should check out the Venus Lighthouse stage on the Vault. It's pretty incredible. I don't really agree with stages having walls or off-stage platforms, but it's a beautifully-constructed stage with a lot of effort thrown in.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
The offstage platforms promote campy playstyles and puts offstage recovery at a huge disadvantage. But my girlfriend and I both have one major complaint, the stage is simply not bright enough. Do you see how bright it is up there on those Lighthouses in-game, he needs to turn the sun up a couple notches on that stage.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Some ideas I have for Isaac moves not sure if I'm gonna try to make a full moveset. For this moveset i think Snake would be the base, but I don't really know how much they can modify stuff.
Neutral Special: Oddysey
Isaac creates A yellow sword behind him and sends it forward. hits 2-3 times before exploding into energy. Aerial version sends the sword downwards
Side Special: Move
Creates an energy hand that pushes the opponent

Up Special: Retreat
Some sort of teleport
Down Special: Venus
Place a Venus Djinn (Flint) on the ground. Use the special again and it attacks, then disappear.
Final Smash: Judgment
Judgment appear in foreground/background and start firing blue exploding orbs. like Snake's final smash you can aim it.

Fortress

Smash Master
Skull Kid is just cooler and more disturbing than Vaati, anyway. Vaati's just adorable, that's all he's got going for him.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Skull Kid is just cooler and more disturbing than Vaati, anyway. Vaati's just adorable, that's all he's got going for him.
Well, that and he's a more recurring villain and he has the whole Wind Mage thing going for him. Imagine if we got Isaac and Vaati, we could have Fire (Roy / Charizard) vs Earth (Isaac) vs Wind (Vaati) vs Water (Squirtle) or Ice (Ice Climbers).

For everyone wanting to talk about Isaac again, here are the posts I found already regarding him.
As promised, my Isaac moveset:

B: Ragnarok. Isaac / Matthew charge up their blade similary in fashion like the FE characters would (but with no freedom of letting go like them) and casts a huge sword-like projectile out of it about a Bowser and a half wide (with an awesome sweetspot in the very middle) about 2 characters in front of him. The move would be as slow almost as Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, but has around the same knockback (weaker still) and does a whopping 28~32% when sweetspotted. 19~22% if a little off, 10~14% at the very end of the move). The move would probably have some super armor as well at the last few frames of the move.

Up B: Growth. Plants grow out of the ground to attack, or grow around a ledge for Isaac to climb back to the stage (working similary to a ladder). The plants would cause a slight sort of trapping effect, and do around 5% damage, but could be a good set up for a stronger attack. The higher the other character's %, the longer they stay trapped kinda similar to how ZZS's stun works, but this one is somewhat weaker. You can escape the plants by jumping.

Side B: I'd want to put Move here, but I kinda dislike the idea of it being an attack for him so... I say this should be Stone Spire, a ranged charge up move involving stone spires falling out of the sky on an opponent. If charged for a little, just one Spire comes out, and does about 12~14% damage, and could be considered as Isaac's main projectile, as it'd be coming out as fast as PK Fire would (except it being slightly stronger and with shorter range). Charged up somewhat longer and Isaac would cast 2 Spires next to each other, each doing about 12~14% damage. Charged up fully Isaac would cast a total of 4 Spires, and the effect would be similar to Charizard's Rock Smash on earlier %s, and would have nice knockback.

Down B: Gaia. A moveable projectile you can aim at the ground, where you can create an earthy erruption out of when releasing B. Like Stone Spire, you can actually build up damage as well when holding B, but this one lacks the sheer power you can build up with Stone Spire, but it can trap better, and requires a little more skill even. It's a option only usable on SOLID ground, so not on small platforms, it can also be done around edges, but not OVER the edges as it needs ground to be preformed. And it's strongest or most effective when a character is on the ground as well. It's actually like a moveable mine of sorts, and can be as strong depending on how long you hold B. It's the same kind of story with Stone Spire, hold B briefly and release and Gaia would be a small erruption, covering about 1.5 a Mario wide and does 11~14% if the opponent gets trapped in fully. Hold it longer and you'd have Mother Gaia which'd already cover 3 Mario's wide and could do 16~18%, hold if for the longest and you have Grand Gaia, which is a massive attack doing 23~27% and delivers great knockback if the opponents gets trapped in the move fully. As a general rule with this move, the stones comming out of the erruption do the building up damage, would work KIND OF similar to the Smart Bombs.

General playstyle of Isaac would be harder to learn than most characters, as his ranged attacks are his biggest assets. His Psynergy is rather slow, but are very good setups, a small Gaia spell could be cast into a stronger Spire spell, or otherwise. He'd be highly unpredictable, but at the same time, rather slow and furnable while casting spells. He wouldn't like projectile spam himself either, but Isaac has a strong big shield to protect himself with (like, Mewtwo's big shield but slightly smaller) and a normal Spire would be fast enough to counter back with most of the time.

He's highly versitale in his B moves, and his A moves would mostly consist of sword attacks. His sword would be a little longer than Toon Link's, and are mostly swift attacks with only a few moves you can effectively kill with. As a Venus Adept he fights the best on the ground, and would perhaps have a below average aerial game and jumps. He also would be a tad lighter than Marth, but shorter as well. He would mainly be good at egdeguarding, and KOing characters from the side of the screen, not from the top. His grab game is above average though and his throws go far and do good damage, and could possibly be ranged if they implenent the Move ability from him in it (it wouldn't go as far as in Brawl, but rather about a character in front of him) to counter these seeminly broken grabs, if Isaac would miss a grab, there is some serious lag involved. His running speed is about as fast as Luigi's, maybe a little faster even. Overall he's a character you have to play with smarts, but he can be highly effective if used well. His Psynergy is powerful and great for setting up combos, but he's still rather fragile, and even though he has some speed you have to watch out for lag often.

As a Final Smash, it must be Judgement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHwgkwtMUY

I feel Djinni could also make part of Isaac's Smash moves, having their own gimmick that they need to 'recharge' to use the move as strongly as before. Isaac should have a dangerous ground game, but he'd be weak in the air. His aerials are similar to Roy's in usage, yet not quite as fast, but with a little better reach (counting Roy's sweetspots, otherwise they have lower overall range). And his air speed would also be rather sluggish.

Any critique is welcome!

For other movesets, or general inspiration / hype: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-golden-earth-shaking-adept-isaac-for-ssb4.324274/
Alright let's get this started then.

Here's a video of psynergy:

And here's a list of all the Venus (Earth) Psynergy: http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Venus_Psynergy

Given that many of them are just upgrades of each other... they mainly fall into these major categories:

-Summoning rocks
-Shaking the ground
-Summoning plants (vines, punji - bamboo spikes, thorns)
-Summoning spires
-Summoning the undead
-Summoning a giant sword (Ragnarok, Odyssey)
-HP regen. Revival
-Cursing and condemning the enemy with spirits

There are also non-battle moves like Move (the hand which he uses in the assist trophy), Scoop, Tremor, Scoop, and Sand. I don't think these would be possible.

So.. what can you do with that? I think the easiest one is Ragnarok: B Neutral. You can essentially use Ike's B and call that Ragnarok.
Next up is quake: B Down. Something like Wario's down smash where it shakes up the ground. Just have more rocky effects.
Next is a B forward. I think if Link is a base, then if it's possible... maybe his boomerang can be modified into a reaper ghost that attacks and comes back.
Finally there's the Up B. Maybe he can use Ivysaur's Up B as a tether if that's possible? Either that, or an Ike or Kirby-like up-and-down attack where he jumps up, and transitions into a Ragnarok-like attack on the way down, or Helm Splitter, or cause a Quake.

So maybe it IS possible... depending on if these are possible or not.
Anyways, I was going to bring it up but someone beat me to it by a lot. Yeah, Isaac's specials should be Earth based. I was actually thinking he could borrow from Donkey Kong's Headbutt and Hand Slap specials. Not the animations, but the attack itself. Hand Slap on a larger scale would be a great adaptation of Quake, and it makes sense that an earth user would be able to trap someone in the ground.

Also, I don't remember but I think he has an attack that causes stone spikes to shoot up from the ground. That would be a good one, too.
How on earth did I miss that?

Yeah, Ivysaur's Up B could work as an adaptation of Growth. I think Quake could be a larger scale version of DK's Hand Slap, but Wario's Down Smash could work, too.

Hmm, Spire is the stone spike I was talking about... I was thinking it could be his B or side B and come out right in front of or behind him. Ragnarok as Eruption is good, just make the fire red again. As for his Final Smash, that should be a Djinn summon, I would think, or maybe an Avalanche that covers the entire stage like PK Starstorm.
I don't know if Ivysaur's Up B is possible. I prefer your idea of DK's hand slap. It can work practically identically but with just a different animation (Isaac holding his sword or hand to the ground... he doesn't even need to bounce up and down).

Spire would work as a B. Maybe it can come from both sides, kinda like a V or X around him. The key is differentiating it from Down B (Quake). Maybe it could stick out higher and act as more anti-air attack.

Ragnarok shouldn't be fire red... that's Venus psynergy. It'd have to be yellow.

I still think throwing out a little ghoul that returns to him (i.e. modified boomerang) would be a good side B because it gives him some range for spacing. It also represents his one undead series
The characters that make the most sense to me as a base are Pit and Link. (Pit because of the PSA that he already has from him, Link because he's a swordsman with numerous articles). People have suggested Ivysaur because of all his plant-based moves, but let's not forget that 95% of that is just cosmetic.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Here is something I wrote on page 50 of this thread. Oh, the memories...

Ideally, I'd like Move (or the neutral B) to have multiple attack options; like Push (to move an enemy backwards), Lift (to move an enemy into the air, setting up for combo), and Grab (to pull the enemy closer). These are all available psynergies in the game, for those who haven't played. Isaac's neutral special could almost act like Roy's new Double Edge Dance finishers, minus the initial combo.

Oh, and I'm not suggesting that Isaac have a long range grab as a special, I would image this attack to be a one hit move with a directional hit-box... although who knows if this is a possibility within the limitations of the clone engine. It might be possible to disguise if Isaac uses the attack in one animation, changing the type of Move variation with the directional input, but it would be better if Isaac could use the special and then move himself after a few frames (or after the attack hitting) while the attack was still in motion, to actually make use of a possible set-up. Such a thing would require implementing articles though, which is tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom