• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I eat Pizza Rolls with A-1 Sauce
A-1 steak sauce?

Well...That's actually the most unique thing I've heard in regards to sauce.

I mean I thought ketchup on ham sandwiches was but apparently a lot of people do that. Same with ketchup on Scrambled eggs.
My opinion on ketchup on eggs and sandwiches though...

A-1 sauce on Pizza rolls sounds really REALLY unique, Like unique as barbecue sauce on Pizza unique. I know I wouldn't like that though.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Please, I channel Relius Clover. My power lies in the mask. And, yeah, it's kind of like that, but I'm not a hat person, and I don't wear the belt for the coat. It just sort of billows about and keeps snow off of my nice clothes.
Funny thing is, that was the first character who came to mind when you said mask and coat. Break out the Golden Tager X and Silver Hakumen. It's time for a party!

Fortress

Smash Master
A-1 steak sauce?
I eat ham and peanut butter sandwiches. Get on my level.

Funny thing is, that was the first character who came to mind when you said mask and coat. Break out the Golden Tager X and Silver Hakumen. It's time for a party!
I AM THE WHITE VOID. I AM THE COLD STEEL. ET CETERA, ET CETERA, THE END HAS COME.

I actually mained Relius and Hakumen in BB:CS lol.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
A-1 steak sauce?

Well...That's actually the most unique thing I've heard in regards to sauce.

I mean I thought ketchup on ham sandwiches was but apparently a lot of people do that. Same with ketchup on Scrambled eggs.
My opinion on ketchup on eggs and sandwiches though...

A-1 sauce on Pizza rolls sounds really REALLY unique, Like unique as barbecue sauce on Pizza unique. I know I wouldn't like that though.
I like ketchup on eggs, but not sandwiches. (But I hardly like eggs at all, to be honest). A-1 on Pizza Rolls is brilliant. Trying it at the next opportune moment.

/Eats mac & cheese mixed in with ramen noodle seasoning, tuna, banana peppers, hot sauce, and more.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Don't knock it 'till you try it. Seriously. I love them.
I swear I will try it but if I hate it, You will hear about it in the social thread.

But enough about explicit japanese media, sandwiches, and food preferences. We're getting as bad as the social thread in regards to being on topic.

Although I must sleep.

I need to say something controversial to stir up conversation though.

Hmm....

Issac is not fit for this game because his magic is too hard to incorporate into a moveset. Take away that and he's just another sword user at best.

Prove me wrong.
Protip :
You can't

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
@ Saito Saito I eat my Pizza with BBQ sauce.

I eat ham and peanut butter sandwiches. Get on my level.

I AM THE WHITE VOID. I AM THE COLD STEEL. ET CETERA, ET CETERA, THE END HAS COME.

I actually mained Relius and Hakumen in BB:CS lol.
Hell dude, Pizza Rolls and A-1 is my "tame" as far as food is concerned. Tuna patties with ketchup, Spam with Syrup, whole containers of Warheads with V-8 Fusion, the list goes on.

And Ragna, Makoto, soon to be Izayoi, Bullet, Kagura, and Kokonoe are my mains.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I swear I will try it but if I hate it, You will hear about it in the social thread.

But enough about explicit japanese media, sandwiches, and food preferences. We're getting as bad as the social thread in regards to being on topic.

Although I must sleep.

I need to say something controversial to stir up conversation though.

Hmm....

Issac is not fit for this game because his magic is too hard to incorporate into a moveset. Take away that and he's just another sword user at best.

Prove me wrong.
Protip :
You can't
Actually, I can - he already has a PSA. I use it in my BrawlEx Build.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25197

If a single person can make a PSA this decent, PMBR can knock it out of the park.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
@ Saito Saito I eat my Pizza with BBQ sauce.

Hell dude, Pizza Rolls and A-1 is my "tame" as far as food is concerned. Tuna patties with ketchup, Spam with Syrup, whole containers of Warheads with V-8 Fusion, the list goes on.
Fish with ketchup is fine.

Spam with Syrup? Jesus.
Warheads with V-8. I'm not sure if you want that or you're just a masochist. :estatic::estatic::estatic:

Fortress

Smash Master
Yeah, the Issac PSA that's out there is already generally agreed upon as one of the better, more-balanced fan-made ones. PMBR could do it true justice (the character, that is).

Not even as good as shiek.
Sheik sucks, bruh.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Oh sure. What are we talking about now? Isaac? I think he's a shoo-in.
Issac is one of the suggestions that I'm hyped about. Skull Kid of course because I'm biased towards him and have tons of ideas for the guy. I'm indifferent towards Sami and Lyn, and I'm still not sure about Ridley.

I'd prefer to watch from afar
Take a picture, it'll last longer.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Issac is one of the suggestions that I'm hyped about. Skull Kid of course because I'm biased towards him and have tons of ideas for the guy. I'm indifferent towards Sami and Lyn, and I'm still not sure about Ridley.
Pretty much everything here but Ray instead of Skull Kid.

Last edited:

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316

Take a picture, it'll last longer.
I feel like Lyn is also pretty likely. Skull Kid would be the most hype thing ever, but I don't know about his chances.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Not Waninten, WAAAAAAANinten.
The Waluigi effect is catastrophic. A simple WAAAAA can change a man forever. Once you go WAAAAA you can never turn back.

And this is unfortunately where I call it a night. Gotta go spend some time with my girlfriend. Good night guys.

You guys rock.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Holy crap, this whole time and I never even did my votes? Strewth, my bad. I won't use all 5 of my votes ye, but I guess I'll do some cashing in....

+1 Waluigi
+ 1 Lyndis
+1 Pichu

Those two interest me the most overall, and Picchu returning a a gag character in P:M peaks my attentions. I will not use my last 2votes until the roster of Smash 4 is finalized.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Sorry for being a little late to post this, but since I had work while you guys were discussing public domain characters I thought I'd just type it up while I had the chance.

There is in fact at least one character that deserves to be mentioned from the public domain.

Dracula (Public Domain/Castlevania)
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!

Value – A – Basically adds a character from an unrepped series and is an extremely iconic villain.
Effort – C – Would need to be made from scratch

Background: From Bram Stoker to modern television, Dracula’s name is probably only unknown to the most reclusive of beings. With his vampiric abilities, albeit different in almost every incarnation, he is known for being incredibly powerful and deceptive. But gamers will surely be able to identify the powers of Dracula from Castlevania. Hellfire, teleports, and bat transformations are definitely his cup of… tea.

Moveset: The character’s which would probably work well would be either Ganondorf or Lucario, since a command grab could be implemented for obvious reasons. Although using Ganondorf would obviously limit him to only using fake projectiles. Would use his iconic abilities like Hellfire, Teleport, and could even borrow from some enemies within the games like Malphas or Death.

Pros
- “Represents” a major unrepped series that has no other way of adding a character to PM
- Adds another villain
- An iconic character
- Huge moveset potential

Cons
- Animating and modeling could be extremely complex (cloak/wings/projectiles/possible transformations)
- Not sure how “Public Domain” the character would be

I actually feel like making a moveset for him even though his chances aren't that great. There is just so much they could do with this character it's mind boggling. Also, since they don't seem to follow the same rules for alternate costumes, a Mathias Cronqvist (aka Dracula before he turns into a vampire in the Castlevania series) alternate would be the most ideal to make him as relatable to Castlevania as possible.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^

I support Dracula. Anything Castlevania + Project M is enough to make me CRAZY. Let's exploit that Public Domain!!

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Also, whoever said they wanted to use a character with a scythe in PM, Dracula is probably your only chance. I can't remember exactly who brought it up, but I'm thinking of borrowing Death's Scythe for a couple of his moves and have him go all Zasalamel on us. I'm also thinking of taking some influences from Jedah from Darkstalkers and Wallachia/Chaos in Melty Blood.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also, whoever said they wanted to use a character with a scythe in PM, Dracula is probably your only chance. I can't remember exactly who brought it up, but I'm thinking of borrowing Death's Scythe for a couple of his moves and have him go all Zasalamel on us. I'm also thinking of taking some influences from Jedah from Darkstalkers and Wallachia/Chaos in Melty Blood.
Yes....just yes...

You know what? **** all the other things I want that aren't Skull Kid, this is now the second best idea.

If only it was possible to have him summon flying scythes ala Death in CV1.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Never played Castlevania, and never been fond of vampirism in general, but sure, half vote to Dracula, I guess.

No to pizza with A1, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom