• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress

Smash Master
Megaman EXE is cool (BN3 confirmed for best BN series game), but I think he's got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much going on for anything to be really agreed upon. The only things I can see people commonly agreeing upon for him are his buster cannon, Sword, and Cannon battlechips.

Though, I'm not really a fan of the all-projectiles-type character. Ray's pushing it, but Megaman EXE is a little too much in my opinion.

Plus, BN4 confirmed for doo doo.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Megaman EXE is cool (BN3 confirmed for best BN series game), but I think he's got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much going on for anything to be really agreed upon. The only things I can see people commonly agreeing upon for him are his buster cannon, Sword, and Cannon battlechips.

Though, I'm not really a fan of the all-projectiles-type character. Ray's pushing it, but Megaman EXE is a little too much in my opinion.

Boi, whatchu know about range?

Rather or not you are a fan of it, it seems to be a somewhat desired concept. Regardless of how we WANT him to play, PMBR would obviously do whatever they see is best for P:M and the character. Personally, I don't care as long as he is in the game and is fun to play.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Nothing says range like a psychotic clone of your sister spawning a sword at nearly every position on the screen, including behind you.
That's his wife, mang. And she has no thoughts or feelings, but Relius is the psychopath. Dude's solid.

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman

It would also be difficult to incorporate all of those projectiles into one character.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That's his wife, mang. And she has no thoughts or feelings, but Relius is the psychopath. Dude's solid.
I'm aware. I've played through all the stories of both games. I'm pretty fond of all the characters in BlazBlue to be honest, but I have to say Kokonoe is my favorite. I'm pretty hyped she finally became playable myself. Though she looks very Meta Knight tier.

But back on topic, I honestly don't feel like Ray playing a pure distance game is all that bad. I personally don't use ranged characters myself, but I would be willing to make that sacrifice if Ray played by pure range.

It would also be difficult to incorporate all of those projectiles into one character.
There is this thing called disjointed hit boxes that comes in handy.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Fun story. I peeled a lime and a lemon and ate them at the same time today. Relevant? No. But vote for Ray.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
HELLO I am Professor QQQQQQQ7777777, your professor, and today I will be teaching you all about Chicken Panda.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well since Waluigi is out of the smash4 picture lets discuss him.

Just look at him go!

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Well since Waluigi is out of the smash4 picture lets discuss him.

Just look at him go!

We have discussed Waluigi a few times already, but since you brought this video up I might as well talk about my views on it.

I am a huge Waluigi fan, probably one of the biggest you will meet, but to be blunt, his PSA of Waluigi doesn't quite work in the PM environment (Brawl imo is fine). Looking at his moves, I don't feel he is going to be a solid character in terms of normals. I kinda see him as a bad Mewtwo, where he is big and his hitboxes go far, but his hurtbox is glaring and can easily be exploited. I really hope his PM version of Waluigi gets better with more development. It has extreme potential, and his moveset can go a multitude of ways, but again, I feel that this moveset doesn't quite fit in this environment.

Nair tho... :facepalm:

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
We have discussed Waluigi a few times already, but since you brought this video up I might as well talk about my views on it.

I am a huge Waluigi fan, probably one of the biggest you will meet, but to be blunt, his PSA of Waluigi doesn't quite work in the PM environment (Brawl imo is fine). Looking at his moves, I don't feel he is going to be a solid character in terms of normals. I kinda see him as a bad Mewtwo, where he is big and his hitboxes go far, but his hurtbox is glaring and can easily be exploited. I really hope his PM version of Waluigi gets better with more development. It has extreme potential, and his moveset can go a multitude of ways, but again, I feel that this moveset doesn't quite fit in this environment.

Nair tho... :facepalm:
On top of that the moves don't fit. I don't feel like I'm watching Waluigi actually fighting.
Also not enough Pinball

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
On top of that the moves don't fit. I don't feel like I'm watching Waluigi actually fighting.
Also not enough Pinball
Agreed. I recently came up with a neutral special that could work with what he works with best, sports. He is an amazing pitcher (having the highest pitching stat), so for his neutral special, he should do a baseball pitch.

It can charge like Link's Bow, where he can charge his pitch but can't store it. BUT, if you hold up or down, he can pitch in different ways. By holding up, he will do a lob shot, but holding down, he will roll the ball on the ground, and if you hold nothing, he will do a straight fast ball. I think it could work, but right now I am just throwing ideas around. I plan on drawing sketches of his moves and hitboxes over my spring break, so I got a project ahead of me.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Needs Bob-Ombs. I think Bob-Omb would work nicely for a B or vB. Like Peach's Turnip. Has a chance of pulling a Bumper(in reference to the best piece of music in MKDS) or an Eggplant. Or they could all 3 be entirely different moves. I'd be down for that. But I think Bumper would work best as a random draw on Bob-Omb and Eggplant(credit to Edge?) could be a separate move.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Needs Bob-Ombs. I think Bob-Omb would work nicely for a B or vB. Like Peach's Turnip. Has a chance of pulling a Bumper(in reference to the best piece of music in MKDS) or an Eggplant. Or they could all 3 be entirely different moves. I'd be down for that. But I think Bumper would work best as a random draw on Bob-Omb and Eggplant(credit to Edge?) could be a separate move.
Eggplants i can see (maybe he will pitch eggplants instead of baseballs. who knows?), but bombs I cannot. Unless his Bob-ombs are altered to have way less damage/knockback, then i don't think it should work. MAYBE in a Final Smash it could work, where he is able to do an uber Bomb combo, but otherwise, bob-bombs should stay away. I am probably going to have multiple ideas for some attacks/animations, so I will post my progress as I go. Who knows where my ideas will go?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Waluigi's definitely more associated with eggplants than Bob-Ombs. Not that we could exclude them, but it's more a thing he shares with Wario in spinoffs. I took that eggplant/purple thorny vines thing from Mario Strikers Charged, where the vines were his special power.

The bumper idea sounds appropriately troll-y for him, though.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Eggplants i can see (maybe he will pitch eggplants instead of baseballs. who knows?), but bombs I cannot. Unless his Bob-ombs are altered to have way less damage/knockback, then i don't think it should work. MAYBE in a Final Smash it could work, where he is able to do an uber Bomb combo, but otherwise, bob-bombs should stay away. I am probably going to have multiple ideas for some attacks/animations, so I will post my progress as I go. Who knows where my ideas will go?
Bob-Ombs are his thing tho. You can't do that to me. I NEED MY BOB-OMBS.
His Final Smash is gonna be Waluigi Pinball.

Lets try to fill out a chart
Jab
Ftilt
Utilt
Dtilt
DashA
Fsmash- Sports equipment thingy like Peach
Usmash- Waluigi Tornado
Dsmash- Mega Kick
B- Pitch
>B
^B
vB- Items (Bob-Ombs, Bumpers, other things maybe idk)
Nair
Fair
Uair
Dair
Bair
Grab- BBall(G&W Ball required)
Pummel- Dribble
Fthrow- Check/Pass
Uthrow- Jump Shot
Dthrow- Slam Dunk
Bthrow- Between the Legs
Final Smash- Waluigi Pinball
Staunt
Utaunt
Dtaunt

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Bob-Ombs are his thing tho. You can't do that to me. I NEED MY BOB-OMBS.
His Final Smash is gonna be Waluigi Pinball.

Lets try to fill out a chart
Jab
Ftilt
Utilt
Dtilt
DashA
Fsmash- Sports equipment thingy like Peach
Usmash- Waluigi Tornado
Dsmash- Mega Kick
B- Pitch
>B
^B
vB- Items (Bob-Ombs, Bumpers, other things maybe idk)
Nair
Fair
Uair
Dair
Bair
Grab- BBall(G&W Ball required)
Pummel- Dribble
Fthrow- Check/Pass
Uthrow- Jump Shot
Dthrow- Slam Dunk
Bthrow- Between the Legs
Final Smash- Waluigi Pinball
Staunt
Utaunt
Dtaunt
Good idea, having a checklist. I have my pitching idea down on paper now.

I propose that it works like in Mario Superstar Baseball, where there is a sweetspot during the pitch, but if you miss that sweetspot, then the pitch goes slower and does less damage.

EDIT: I also have the Up Smash drawn as well. But i threw the idea down that it could be an Up B, but i don't know how it will all go. This is gonna be something.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Waluigi's Final Smash should be him somehow yelling "TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME." Then the music temporarily switches to Waluigi Pinball while he launches himself all over the place like a pinball.

Cuz why not, it's Waluigi.

Edit: pressing A as he files around causes him to shoot sonic waves of "WAAAAAAA-"

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
The most important question is....what kind of alt costume would Waluigi have?
I'd like the Waluigi robot from Waluigi Pinball in Mario Sports Mix, even though I know how it would break rules. I like it thoooooo
Because the only thing that matters in a competitive fighting game is not how I win with a character, it's how good I look when I do it.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
The most important question is....what kind of alt costume would Waluigi have?
I'd like the Waluigi robot from Waluigi Pinball in Mario Sports Mix, even though I know how it would break rules. I like it thoooooo
Because the only thing that matters in a competitive fighting game is not how I win with a character, it's how good I look when I do it.
Holy crap I have never seen that before and that is hilarious. I have sports mix but i have never been to that stage. If they make that an alt i would be OK with it, but i think Waluigi sporting some sports attire can work for him as well since it fits his origin and what games he stars in most of the time. Can I get a +1 for Robo Waluigi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom