• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
@ arcticfox8 arcticfox8

I got a few more sketches done. I am a bad artist, don't judge.

Dash Attack

For the dash attack, while like kirby's in a sense, I think it should go slower than his and just slightly less distance than Kirby.

Walking animation

EDIT: Got a theoretical Brawl Box picture of his slowest walking animation.

He is definitely up to no good.
It looks even better than I thought.

EDIT 2: Theoretical Brawl Box photo for swimming

EDIT 3: Waluigi has only more pitch before the Waluigi Cheaters become the next Mario Baseball champions!

Waluigi with nice form as he winds up.

Waluigi throws a killer fastball!

STRIKE 3! The Waluigi Cheaters win!

Celebrating his victory with a "Wa-Lu-I-Gi YEAH YEAH YEAH!"

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
That walk is genius.

HEY IDEA! He should totally spawn a Soccer Ball. All about dem sports.
Sometimes I feel like he may be spawning too many items when items are usually banned. But then again Waluigi has never been known for playing fair. TOO BAD

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
@ arcticfox8 arcticfox8

I got a few more sketches done. I am a bad artist, don't judge.

Dash Attack

For the dash attack, while like kirby's in a sense, I think it should go slower than his and just slightly less distance than Kirby.

Walking animation

I can appreciate the effort being put into this. You don't really have to be an artist to get your ideas across. Hey. If it helps with the moveset, you can always try my old method. Boot up BrawlBox with a model of Waluigi and play around with the poses. Take yourself some screen shots and post em up here.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I can appreciate the effort being put into this. You don't really have to be an artist to get your ideas across. Hey. If it helps with the moveset, you can always try my old method. Boot up BrawlBox with a model of Waluigi and play around with the poses. Take yourself some screen shots and post em up here.
I should have thought of that. that is actually a really good idea. I might toy around with it later today. Thanks.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I really do hope Waluigi is implemented in Project M. It was a shame, I thought, to hear of the news of him remaining as an assist trophy, and especially with Sakurai's somewhat demoralizing words complimenting it. :dizzy: I feel like he could certainly have a unique moveset, and Marioking64DS's videos are a great preface for that. (Or even his Project Crusade's moveset, which include him batting tennis balls, chucking bob-ombs, etc. Basically all things Waluigi-like.) Plus, I feel like if we were going to have another main staple series' character, like, say from Legend of Zelda, for example, the Mario series in general should definitely have another inclusion to boot as well.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
@ Anti Guy Anti Guy I know you are probably busy, but do you have an estimated time when we might see an update for the poll? Things are starting to die down here.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
@ Anti Guy Anti Guy I know you are probably busy, but do you have an estimated time when we might see an update for the poll? Things are starting to die down here.
Yeah, probably in the next few days I'll update it, and probably suspend the poll too. No new votes are coming in, and all the new ones are just silly +1/2 group voting among the same people.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Never a problem man.

@ Rasgar Rasgar Hey, you and I haven't had a good Ray discussion in a while. Any ideas you would like to pitch at me?
Sadly I don't really have any other ideas. I feel like everything has been covered pretty well. I'm not so good at coming up with a movelist anyway.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Sadly I don't really have any other ideas. I feel like everything has been covered pretty well. I'm not so good at coming up with a movelist anyway.
Do you still plan on making that video to show off the listed moves from Custom Robo?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Whoops. Honestly, I totally forgot about that. Hopefully I can get to it some time soon.
Well when you get the chance, it will help me finish up this moveset. A lot of the moves I've researched need visual explanation and it is pretty hard to find specific footage of Custom Robo.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Yeah, probably in the next few days I'll update it, and probably suspend the poll too. No new votes are coming in, and all the new ones are just silly +1/2 group voting among the same people.

.........but I voted :(

But hey, a relaunch of the old poll would be cool, since all the requests for Waluigi and the like increased. Asks since you're here let's get this elephant out of the way: is Dracula a valid vote option or no?

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

.........but I voted :(

But hey, a relaunch of the old poll would be cool, since all the requests for Waluigi and the like increased. Asks since you're here let's get this elephant out of the way: is Dracula a valid vote option or no?
I recorded your vote. And no, he isn't/

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I think I found Waluigi's new Up Tilt.
When I saw this in Mario Party 3 again, I could not stop laughing. That is just too perfect.

It could be a flip kick sorta like Lucas? Probably not, but I gotta get this in somehow. Maybe even change our current up smash.

EDIT: What his Up Smash (?) could look like (minus the tornado effect)

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think I found Waluigi's new Up Tilt.
When I saw this in Mario Party 3 again, I could not stop laughing. That is just too perfect.

It could be a flip kick sorta like Lucas? Probably not, but I gotta get this in somehow. Maybe even change our current up smash.

EDIT: What his Up Smash (?) could look like (minus the tornado effect)
Switch the up tilt with the up smash and I would play him obsessively. 11/10 would main.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd rather have Great Fox than Gray Fox.

Also, Lyn and Goroh > Gray Fox. Weird... including Kat & Ana, we had 4 (5) Katana-wielding ATs in Brawl, yet zero playable katana users. Hopefully SSB4 gets Takamaru and settles this issue!

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Also, Lyn and Goroh > Gray Fox. Weird... including Kat & Ana, we had 4 (5) Katana-wielding ATs in Brawl, yet zero playable katana users. Hopefully SSB4 gets Takamaru and settles this issue!
Spire appears to liven up the thread. I honesty wouldn't mind Lyn for P:M, but if the whole "Fire Emblem reps" argument is still a problem, I can sympathize. But if Takamaru is deconfirmed for Smash 4, there is always a chance for him in P:M as well. That solves the problem of having a new series rep and having a Katana user.

Personally I think there is a lack of robo in the roster. I need me some Ray or Sukapon (but mostly Ray). Get that R.O.B. outta here. We need REAL toy robots yo.

Also, this thread as a severe lack of "The King". You should show us your moves Spire. :falcon:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace

I can understand why you might not like gray fox, but I really thing he has move set potential, maybe if you play Metal Gear Solid you'll like him more
Edit: Never mind what I said, I'm not a good motivational speaker so I'm not gonna try to change any one's opinions, carry on

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I can understand why you might not like gray fox, but I really thing he has move set potential, maybe if you play Metal Gear Solid you'll like him more ^-^
Almost every single eligible character has moveset potential. It is a matter of preference and what the character offers to the table. Having played some of the Metal Gear Solid series and Metal Gear Rising, I found Gray Fox to be overrated and Raiden to be a superior character. That is just my preference. And having never played Fire Emblem, I still find Lyn to be an appealing character. More so than Gray Fox, especially when added to the problem of him being a 3rd Party Character vs A Nintendo Character.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I can understand why you might not like gray fox, but I really thing he has move set potential, maybe if you play Metal Gear Solid you'll like him more ^-^
Yeah, like Solbliminal said, "move set potential" means nothing in the world of Smash Bros. They take any character from racecar drivers to 2D characters to peripheral toys to villagers and give them moves. I don't think that's ever been a criteria for being a character.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Anti Guy did bring up a good point. Moveset potential means nothing. Look at Falcon, a racer with no visible fighting experience prior to smash, and then smash created his knee of justice. I will have to take that into consideration when I try to make a PM viable Waluigi one of these days. Not everything has to come from a game, it can be made up as long as it fits the character. (Another thing I will take note of.)

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Anti Guy did bring up a good point. Moveset potential means nothing. Look at Falcon, a racer with no visible fighting experience prior to smash, and then smash created his knee of justice. I will have to take that into consideration when I try to make a PM viable Waluigi one of these days. Not everything has to come from a game, it can be made up as long as it fits the character. (Another thing I will take note of.)
So you are saying that it is really just the character that matters, not the moveset?
Seems kind of ironic because you are constantly showing off ides for Waluigi's potential moveset...

Shin F.

Smash Master
So you are saying that it is really just the character that matters, not the moveset?
Seems kind of ironic because you are constantly showing off ides for Waluigi's potential moveset...
There's a difference between having the potential for a moveset and having potential for a unique moveset, which is what most of us want.

Last edited:

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I have never been good at arguing or debates... :S Ironically despite my name I am pretty shy. On forums or irl. I just wanna make the best PM waluigi possible. Sorry for being a contradicting person if that is what I was...

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I have never been good at arguing or debates... :S Ironically despite my name I am pretty shy. On forums or irl. I just wanna make the best PM waluigi possible. Sorry for being a contradicting person if that is what I was...
There's nothing wrong with wanting to share unique ideas for a moveset while acknowledging that the potential for one isn't much of a factor in whether they're chosen.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
There's nothing wrong with wanting to share unique ideas for a moveset while acknowledging that the potential for one isn't much of a factor in whether they're chosen.
Yeah, you're right. I'll just continue my part of trying to create a solid/fun/viable/unique moveset for Waluigi. If PMBR contact me saying that they want me to be the lead Waluigi designer (even though that is like a bajillion to one), that would be a huge dream come true, since before I wanted to become a professional video editor, I wanted to be a game designer, Doing something with one of my favorite characters in one of my favorite fighting games would just be amazing. Time to figure out what to do next.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom