• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
She actually is a sticker.

Her actual name is Shiida.
When they made Shadow Dragon, they renamed her Caeda for some reason.
She's Marth's only love interest in both games, so I assume they're the same character.
Oh. I had no idea she had different names :p I just looked for Caeda, since that's the name she was mentioned by.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Oh. I had no idea she had different names :p I just looked for Caeda, since that's the name she was mentioned by.
It was a pretty pointless name change, I think.
That being said, I don't think a Pegasus Knight would translate well into Smash.
They're NEVER grounded in the games. So it'd either be a really awkward transition or it's be like trying to fight Super Sonic.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I for one thought Lip was an awesome suggestion since we don't have any character solely from a puzzle game. It would be neat to see a character with air control using puzzle blocks.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Found the intro movie to the Custom Robo GameCube game. It shows off quite a bit of Ray's capability outside of actual gameplay.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Custom Robo is one of my favorite gamecube games. Seeing him in PM would be a dream come true.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
How's his hand to hand? Or are we talking complete zoner here.
We're talking like only 2 or 3 physical moves. He is primarily more of a zoner than even Snake or Samus, as are his killing moves. Even his standard attacks would be projectiles rather than physical hits. At most he has a Slash, High-Speed Tackle, and Short Knock Back Punch.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
We're talking like only 2 or 3 physical moves. He is primarily more of a zoner than even Snake or Samus, as are his killing moves. Even his standard attacks would be projectiles rather than physical hits. At most he has a Slash, High-Speed Tackle, and Short Knock Back Punch.
*would at least play this character regularly*

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
On the topic of air dashes, what about taking a similar routelike Kat from PS All-Stars and having Ray have no second jump but their dash instead?

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
I loved Custom Robo. I actually wanted to see him in an installment of SSB. I always had a certain set-up though but it would be nice if that would be impliment-able. just like Samus' beam change, or if not.... just a mixture of the rare and what was it... illegal Parts. while using the bad parts to damper him somehow. I'd love to just unleash an onslaught of various firearms at people. since he can place Mines/bombs or shoot Rockets (i'm not sure, but i believe he could on the rockets part, or they were just homing mines) while he was shooting. which puts him at a high technical style of play

Steelia

Smash Champion
The Waluigi's good, but still not a huge~ fan of the character. But I do like the idea of the PMBR getting people on board who've made solid PSAs and simply tweaking them to save time, if they haven't done something like that already.

People complain about their not being enough villain characters in Smash. I present to you a villain from a series hurting for reps that really deserves it. This pterodactyl beast has been terrorizing our heroes since the 80s. Hide your veggies, cuz I'm about to introduce you to.......THE CONDOR! KAKAW
*img*
The Condor is so real. Look at this man. Ridley doesn't even compare. Popo and Nana are scared of this *****. He just swoops down and steals yo food. Unlike the other sexist antagonists who steal women he just leaves the woman alone and lets her try to take him on, but they never do. He just comes back and takes yo eggplants to the next mountain. Who gives a **** about moveset potential? He doesn't even NEED to fight. He'll just swoop in and take yo stocks to the top of Icicle Mountain. I will end this with exchanging my full vote for Isaac with a full vote for Condor, if I can't give him a half vote. I'm dead serious.
#CondorNation
Hey! Don't go saying bad things about the Condor behind his back, he's actually a nice guy. Transporting and dropping off the Ice Climbers into the matches, how else do you think they travel?

There's a dude on YouTube with a Solid Waluigi,
Is that the newest clone of Solid Snake? What has science done!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
That Lyn moveset someone posted like on page 9 was the only legitimate thing I've seen in this thread, really.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Huh, I'm gone for the weekend and I miss 6-7 pages of posts. Guess I shouldn't be that surprised though. Glad to see Ray being discussed again.

I could see Ray being dominant in the projectile department if they give him the beam with the flame dragon (Can't remember the name).
That would be the the Dragon Gun (or Wyrm Gun for the ridiculously overpowered version). I think that'd be too powerful to fit well in Smash, personally.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Can we honestly discuss who we think will be revealed next? My money is on Issac or Pichu.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Well, it would be one thing if the two posts added meaningful content. Making a second post to just say "ROFL"? Eh...

I think if Ray ends up being an all-range character, he'd end up pissing me off to play against him. There were a few characters like that in PS:All-Stars and it really shut out certain characters that needed to be close range, but didn't have a way around projectile spam.

Shin F.

Smash Master
PM 3.03 update
Mario: New goomba stomp tech added. If you successfully jump on top of your opponent they instantly lose a stock.
Actually, that's not a half-bad idea. Give Mario and Luigi a damaging footstool as a little easter egg. It would be hilarious.

Incidentally, I love ranged characters so Ray sounds like just my kind of guy.

Last edited:

Ginge

Smash Ace
Actually, that's not a half-bad idea. Give Mario and Luigi a damaging footstool as a little easter egg. It would be hilarious.
Who else would have it? I feel like Sonic might also get a damaging footstool since jumping on enemies is how you kill half of them in his original games.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I could see it being 1% and not being a huge problem. Or 0% with a spike. Or even 0% with a sound effect :p

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Who else would have it? I feel like Sonic might also get a damaging footstool since jumping on enemies is how you kill half of them in his original games.
But in Brawl he's based on his Sonic 06 design and even though jumping on enemies have killed them SINCE SONIC 1, Sonic 06 is better then that.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, recently I took the liberty of looking through Brawl's files to see who woulkd actually be viable for PM as a clone engine character.

This list is based off of if the character has a trophy, sticker, or is mentioned with in brawl.
I also took the liberty of mostly only including characters I personally thought were viable so some stuff is not on the list due to them being either way too obscure, not wanted, or are just not important enough.

Takamaru-Nazo no murasame Jo

Isaac-Golden Sun

Sami-Advanced Wars

Skull Kid-Zelda Majora's Mask

Knuckles-Sonic the hedgehog 3

Lyn-Fire emblem 7

Saki-Sin and Punishment

Medusa-Kid Icarus (Design based on Uprising)

Chibi-Robo-Chibi-Robo!

Ray01-Custom Robo

Agent J (With other agents as back up in certain moves)-Elite Beat Agents

Hector-Fire Emblem 7

Lip-Pandel de pon

Sukapon-Joy Mech Fight

Palutena-Kid Icarus

K.K. Slider-Animal Crossing

Pichu-Pokemon Gold and Silver

Mokka-Magical Starsign

Kyle Hyde-Hotel Dusk:Room 215

Ashely Robbins-Trace Memory

Raiden-Metal Gear Solid 2

Dark Samus-Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Black Knight-Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Porkey/Pokey-Earthbound

Masked man-Mother 3

Samurai Goroh-F-Zero

Black Shadow-F-Zero X

Red-Pokemon Red and Blue

Deoxys-Pokemon Ruby and Saphire

Blaziken-Pokemon Ruby and Saphire

Krystal-Star Fox Adventures

Slippy Toad-Star Fox

Waddle Dee-Kirby's Adventure

All of the Bounty Hunters-Metroid Prime hunters

Ridley-Metroid

Plusle and Minun-Pokemon Ruby and Saphire

Tingle-Zelda Majora's Mask

Wolf Link and Midna-Zelda Twlight Princess

Toon Zelda and Tetra-Zelda Wind waker

Toon Ganodorf-Zelda Winf waker

King K rool-Donkey Kong Country

Cranky Kong-Donkey Kong

Dixie Kong-Donkey Kong Country 2

Paper Mario-Paper Mario

Bowser Jr-Super Mario Sunshine

Petey Piranha-Super Mario Sunshine

Toad-Super mario bros 2

Waluigi-Mario Tennis

Andy-Advanced Wars

Ashely-Warioware

Boy or Girl player character-Magical Starsign

Dr.Lobe-Brain age

Eliwood-Fire Emblem 7

Erika-Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones

Ephraim-Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones

Excitebiker-Excite Bike

Grey Fox-Metal Gear solid

Tails-Sonic the hedgehog 2

Shadow-Sonic Adventure 2

Eggman-Sonic the hedgehog

Mach Rider-Mach Rider

Max-Advanced wars

Micaiah-Fire Embelem Raidant Dawn

Ricky Winterborn-1080 Avalanche

Sabure Prince-For the Bells the Frog Tolls

Shiida-Fire emblem the Shadow Dragon

Stafy-Densetsu no Starfy

Tamagon and Devil-Devil World

Tom nook-Animal Crossing

Young Cricket-Wario ware Smooth moves

Kamek-Yoshi's Story

Ninten-Mother 1/Earthboud Zero

Ryota Hayami-Wave Race BS

Donbe and Hikari-Shin onigashima

Jody Summer-F-Zero

Ashnard-Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Sothe-Fire emblem path of radiance and radiant dawn

Jill-Drill Dozer

Barbara-Daigasso! Band brothers

Louie-Pikmin 2

Darkrai-Pokemon

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
But in Brawl he's based on his Sonic 06 design and even though jumping on enemies have killed them SINCE SONIC 1, Sonic 06 is better then that.
In Sonic 06, jumping on enemies leads to the game crashing. Much better, if you ask me. Could work well in the PM environment.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, recently I took the liberty of looking through Brawl's files to see who woulkd actually be viable for PM as a clone engine character.

This list is based of of if the character has a trophy, sticker, or is mentioned with in brawl.
I also took the liberty of mostly only including characters I personally thought were viable so some stuff is not on the list due to them being either way too obscure, not wanted, or are just not important enough.

Takamaru-Nazo no murasame Jo

Isaac-Golden Sun

Sami-Advanced Wars

Skull Kid-Zelda Majora's Mask

Knuckles-Sonic the hedgehog 3

Lyn-Fire emblem 7

Saki-Sin and Punishment

Medusa-Kid Icarus (Design based on Uprising)

Chibi-Robo-Chibi-Robo!

Ray01-Custom Robo

Agent J (With other agents as back up in certain moves)-Elite Beat Agents

Hector-Fire Emblem 7

Lip-Pandel de pon

Sukapon-Joy Mech Fight

Palutena-Kid Icarus

K.K. Slider-Animal Crossing

Mokka-Magical Starsign

Kyle Hyde-Hotel Dusk:Room 215

Ashely Robbins-Trace Memory

Raiden-Metal Gear Solid 2

Dark Samus-Metroid Prime 2 Echoes

Black Knight-Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Porkey/Pokey-Earthbound

Masked man-Mother 3

Samurai Goroh-F-Zero

Black Shadow-F-Zero X

Red-Pokemon Red and Blue

Deoxys-Pokemon Ruby and Saphire

Blaziken-Pokemon Ruby and Saphire

Krystal-Star Fox Adventures

Slippy Toad-Star Fox

Waddle Dee-Kirby's Adventure

All of the Bounty Hunters-Metroid Prime hunters

Ridley-Metroid

Tingle-Zelda Majora's Mask

Wolf Link and Midna-Zelda Twlight Princess

Toon Zelda and Tetra-Zelda Wind waker

Toon Ganodorf-Zelda Winf waker

King K rool-Donkey Kong Country

Cranky Kong-Donkey Kong

Dixie Kong-Donkey Kong Country 2

Paper Mario-Paper Mario

Bowser Jr-Super Mario Sunshine

Petey Piranha-Super Mario Sunshine

Toad-Super mario bros 2

Waluigi-Mario Tennis

Andy-Advanced Wars

Ashely-Warioware

Boy or Girl player character-Magical Starsign

Dr.Lobe-Brain age

Eliwood-Fire Emblem 7

Erika-Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones

Ephraim-Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones

Excitebiker-Excite Bike

Grey Fox-Metal Gear solid

Tails-Sonic the hedgehog 2

Shadow-Sonic Adventure 2

Eggman-Sonic the hedgehog

Mach Rider-Mach Rider

Max-Advanced wars

Micaiah-Fire Embelem Raidant Dawn

Ricky Winterborn-1080 Avalanche

Sabure Prince-For the Bells the Frog Tolls

Shiida-Fire emblem the Shadow Dragon

Stafy-Densetsu no Starfy

Tamagon and Devil-Devil World

Tom nook-Animal Crossing

Young Cricket-Wario ware Smooth moves

Kamek-Yoshi's Story

Ninten-Mother 1/Earthboud Zero

Ryota Hayami-Wave Race BS

Donbe and Hikari-Shin onigashima

Jody Summer-F-Zero

Ashnard-Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Sothe-Fire emblem path of radiance and radiant dawn

Jill-Drill Dozer

Barbara-Daigasso! Band brothers

Louie-Pikmin 2

Darkrai-Pokemon

Did you include Melee Trophies and past playable characters because those are options too. Also, when you're making a list of what characters are legitimate options you shouldn't shorten the list to your own personal preferences no matter how obscure the character may be.

In Sonic 06, everything leads to the game crashing. Much better, if you ask me. Could work well in the PM environment.
Fix'd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom