• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Yeah... please no. I'm getting a little too tired/busy to be updating things as it is (I will get around to it sometime though...)

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Yeah, but you can't lie that a new subforum would make posting about possible movesets and character traits infinitely easier. I remember the hell this thread used to be and how you'd have to catch up on 20 pages by just missing a couple days. With a subforum you could see all the relevant information you'd want in a much more condensed format without the need to browse through as much... Pichu or size arguments.

It's not like this thread would fade into obscurity tho, since we'd still need a place to tally up all the votes. In fact it could possibly clear up this thread and make it much easier on Anti Guy to find new votes.

But the odds are astronomical and I doubt it would actually ever happen in a million years. A dood can dream tho.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
It's been discussed, and the general consensus was that, just as Zelda, Sheik, Samus and ZSS take up their own slots despite transforming into one another, a Mask Link would take up four of the remaining five slots and would simply not be worth it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Ginge.
Solution: Reboot Pokemon Trainer with a viable set and use the extra slots for the Kid.

Last edited:

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
By the way Ninka_kiwi, I was originally planning on doing this myself but I won't really have the time. Do you think you could organize your list by series origin? I think it would make it a lot easier to browse for potential characters.
Yeah I'm working on it right now, as well as adding images for the characters since everyone might not know who they are

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah, you can find a few in my signature if you want them. Or, if you've got a Brawl character or hack you'd like me to make one for or something, I can do that too, although it would have to be later since I'm in class at the moment.
Sadly I do not, but I was curious in case I may run into a Ray mod.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
What do people know about Magical Starsign or Vacation or whatever? Are the main characters represented in some way through stickers and trophies? Or is it just regular monsters or something?

I heard it was released in Europe, so anybody from there know anything?

I don't know anything so I don't know if the games' characters are actually appealing for Smash potential.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Cute. Because Sonic Team intentionally put the glitches in the game, and would love to do so again in a theoretical sequel. Am I following the train of thought correctly?
Oh you were being serious?

Sorry to say, but I don't think Sonic 06 needs a sequel. It would be destined to fail from the start, not only because of the extremely negative stigma, but as well for the fact that many people didn't even enjoy the original story.

If anything they need to take another crack at Sonic 06. They just need to fix up what was wrong and try again. Or they could not do that and just make something original.

Shin F.

Smash Master
What do people know about Magical Starsign or Vacation or whatever? Are the main characters represented in some way through stickers and trophies? Or is it just regular monsters or something?

I heard it was released in Europe, so anybody from there know anything?

I don't know anything so I don't know if the games' characters are actually appealing for Smash potential.
The player characters have stickers as well, just named Boy and Girl. I know they're spellcasters who use elements, but that's all I really gathered from their wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Starsign
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Vacation

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Yeah, dead serious. My friend dropped me some info on Skype last night. Can't say it is reliable, but it does say that Sega based the idea from recent polls about what game should receive a sequel. Sounds rather bogus, but brace yourself...Sega has been known to do crazy things like this before.

Edit: Found the article. http://www.p4rgaming.com/sonic-team-admits-possibility-of-sonic-2006-sequel/

It is obvious some of this sounds like total BS, but some bits make sense. Especially not knowing what direction to take the modern series next. This was apparent when they allowed BigRedButton to develop the Sonic Boom game rather than Sonic Team or Dimps. It appears they are giving Sonic Team a break to recuperate from cranking out so many Sonic games. This would mean Boom's development is taking place to fill in the gaps when a Sonic Team game is not released, so one can assume Sonic Team will do the same when BigRedButton begins development on the next Sonic Boom game (as they did express interest in a sequel to the game already).

What do you guys think?
That's a satire site. P4R is like the Onion of gaming news sites.
Sorry bro.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Am I the only one worried project M might will go over 2 GB's? I really hope it doesn't because I love the simplicity of the SD card ((Non-hack))
Unless they start adding tons of music, that probably will not happen until Project M 10.0 Deluxe special addition with Clone Engine Discussion Thread DLC.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Am I the only one worried project M might will go over 2 GB's? I really hope it doesn't because I love the simplicity of the SD card ((Non-hack))
That has almost no chance of happening unless they add a TON of music. I once had a card with 400+ costumes and moveset files, 37+ added stages with alternate stage loader adding another 40+, a bunch of music, and more and it still only hit the 1.3 GB mark.

Last edited:

cmart

Smash Lord
The Waluigi's good, but still not a huge~ fan of the character. But I do like the idea of the PMBR getting people on board who've made solid PSAs and simply tweaking them to save time, if they haven't done something like that already.
I've mentioned it before, but in general we have no intentions of using anyone's PSA's. If we're going to do a character, we'd do them from scratch to make sure everything is up to our standards.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Is it wrong that I smile every time the PMBR posts in this thread?

Makes me happy in some way I can't explain.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Is it wrong that I smile every time the PMBR posts in this thread?

Makes me happy in some way I can't explain.
It shows that, whoever they decide to make, they're still watching this thread and at least somewhat taking it into account. :)

It makes me smile, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom