• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Golden Sun was my first JRPG for myself and a lot of other people growing up with a GBA. It's a solid game by itself and it holds a lot of sentimental value. Djinn customization is surprisingly fun too. Lost Age expands on that and the two games make a great experience.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
As far as underrepresented Nintendo franchises go, here's a suggestion:
Eternal Darkness, Nintendo's first M rated game.

Not sure if any of these characters have stickers though.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I really wonder why they picked Knuckles over any of the other possible characters. I'm fine with everyone else though (except maybe Skull Kid, I dunno why.)

I'd really rather have Starfy. I don't know why he was dismissed so early in discussion though.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Honestly, if anyone was a bad reap, it be Lyn. I think Fire Emblem has enough sword users. Give me a bow, magic, animal transformation, healer, or beast rider for god's sake. =_=;
>inb4flame

MLGF

Smash Lord
Lyn can use a bow.
Granted she's still a horrible character with nothing interesting about her, but a bow should be a plausible B move.

inb4flame

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Every character pales in comparison to Ant Man, so all yall can stop dissing X character and be sad that Ant Man isn't eligible.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Knuckles does look out of place in that picture.

That just means he will stand out the most as a character.

#GOATMOVESET2014

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Andy would make more sense than Sami since he's more of a main character, but oh well.

EDIT: but I'd like to have both, one the Mario and the other the Luigi. It'd be like how in Melee Sakurai included a brand new character (Marth) along with a clone of him, to boot (Roy).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Smash is already such a collage of various design philosophies that none of them really look out of place to me.

Andy would make more sense than Sami since he's more of a main character, but oh well.

EDIT: but I'd like to have both, one the Mario and the other the Luigi. It'd be like how in Melee Sakurai included a brand new character (Marth) along with a clone of him, to boot (Roy).
Assuming the PMBR team wanted to add an AW character, they would naturally avoid Andy as he is the most plausible inclusion as an AW rep in Smash 4. Andy's odds of inclusion in SSB4 are small, but non-negligible.

An Advance Wars tag character would be interesting and very much so in keeping with the series thanks to AWDS, but AW having two reps would be somewhat excessive as well as completely unlikely.

Furthermore, Andy wouldn't really work as a clone of Sami since he'd need a wrench-based moveset. He'd be closer to somebody like Link, if anything. Melee weapon with reach and some gadgets with which to attack at range.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I take it there has been no confirmation whether or not it's true or false?
Anyways, my viewpoints on this (which I'm expecting being flamed for)-

Sami: Probably the only one I'm in 100% agreement about. Didn't vote for her, but if that model is for P:M, I'm all for some epic Wars fun. It also helps that I feel Sami > Andy.

Isaac: I personally don't care about him or Golden Sun, but I have no problem with him.

Lyn: Urg. Overrated and unwarranted when we could've had frigging Ridley.

Skull Kid: I find him overrated, honestly. IMO, he's also kind of forced since he barely scrapes the barrel for a Brawl appearance by means of being a Sticker. Would've rather seen Tetra, though SK isn't that bad, I guess....

Knuckles: Mixed about this; I like Knuckles, but considering Tails was an option (even if I like Knuckles more), it seems rather random, especially when the idea of an extra Sonic character was seen in a negative light by damn near everyone. Would prefer Shadow, though everyone seems to hate him.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm not too fond of Knuckles or Skull Kid. I would've preferred Black Shadow to be included but I can warm up to them. Glad to read that Lyn was in. Even though it is a "leak" and I'm taking this with a grain of salt, I'm glad to see that she's being kept in mind. Lyn's Legion is livin'.

You heard me.
Want to start something about it?
I do.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
...Pretty sure I just said why.
Overrated and unwarranted.
But that's not really saying much.

Unwarranted in this context means that she shouldn't be in because they have no reason to add her. If we were to consider that, then we have no reason to add any character. Your personal opinion is that she is an unwarranted choice. I want to know why you think this.

Overrated I can't really agree with. The only overrated person in this thread is Issac. Even still, not liking a character because a lot of people like them is the viewpoint of a hipster, so you're literally saying she doesn't belong because a lot of people think that she does. You can actually defend this if you can provide reasons why you think she is overrated.

I want to know why you actually dislike this character.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I'm not huge on the idea of adding Lyn, though I am a Fire Emblem fan. I'd have rather seen either a lord from an unrepresented continent, or a villain from an already represented continent. Like Ephraim or Zephiel. But Lyn? Ehhhhh, I'd rather they go with Ridley, then, even though I prefer Fire Emblem over Metroid.

Isn't Lyn a possible mother for Roy?
Yes. Though I believe Ninian is typically viewed as the most appropriate choice (I have little opinion on the matter, myself).

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Then go ahead; make my day.
'Kay.

I hope you step on a Lego.

Isn't Lyn a possible mother for Roy? It'd be weird seeing parental abuse on either character's part.
Yup. In FE 7, it can either her, Ninian, or Fiora. I don't think it's weird. Just think of it as instilling discipline.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Skull Kid is the only one I'd be truly 100% hype for. The others are Isaac and Lyn, because my friends would flip a ****.

Sami and Knuckles are cool though. I've just never played an AW game before.

I want it to be real.

D

Deleted member

But that's not really saying much.

Unwarranted in this context means that she shouldn't be in because they have no reason to add her. If we were to consider that, then we have no reason to add any character. Your personal opinion is that she is an unwarranted choice. I want to know why you think this.
But there isn't reason to add her over plenty of other options available that aren't "Fire Emblem Swordsman #4" such as ****ing Ridley, an overdue F-Zero candidate like Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow, and more characters from unplayable franchises like what Sami and Isaac bring to the table (such as Saki, Starfy, Little Mac, etc.). I'd be more forgiving if P:M didn't already bring back Roy.

Overrated I can't really agree with. The only overrated person in this thread is Issac. Even still, not liking a character because a lot of people like them is the viewpoint of a hipster, so you're literally saying she doesn't belong because a lot of people think that she does. You can actually defend this if you can provide reasons why you think she is overrated.
I don't dislike her because others happen to like her.
I dislike her because she's not as special as people try to make her out as, yet is being needlessly pushed for.

So no, I shouldn't have to defend why she is overrated. People should have to prove to me why I should be in full support of someone whose main selling point is "hurr first Lord in 'Murica" and "durr vagina" and isn't even the main character of her game over the likes of Metroid's major recurring antagonist, Captain Falcon's rival or his archnemesis, or the protagonist of a fresh franchise.
Even from the perspective of potential gameplay overriding the worth of the individual themselves, as much as ManlySpirit's moveset seems interesting to me, what worth is there for a lightning fast sword style when Meta Knight fills that niche while actually being a character worth inclusion?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
But there isn't reason to add her over plenty of other options available that aren't "Fire Emblem Swordsman #4" such as ****ing Ridley, an overdue F-Zero candidate like Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow, and more characters from unplayable franchises like what Sami and Isaac bring to the table (such as Saki, Starfy, Little Mac, etc.). I'd be more forgiving if P:M didn't already bring back Roy.

I don't dislike her because others happen to like her.
I dislike her because she's not as special as people try to make her out as, yet is being needlessly pushed for.

So no, I shouldn't have to defend why she is overrated. People should have to prove to me why I should be in full support of someone whose main selling point is "hurr first Lord in 'Murica" and "durr vagina" and isn't even the main character of her game over the likes of Metroid's major recurring antagonist, Captain Falcon's rival or his archnemesis, or the protagonist of a fresh franchise.
Even from the perspective of potential gameplay overriding the worth of the individual themselves, as much as ManlySpirit's moveset seems interesting to me, what worth is there for a lightning fast sword style when Meta Knight fills that niche while actually being a character worth inclusion?
That's all I needed to hear.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Isn't Lyn a possible mother for Roy? It'd be weird seeing parental abuse on either character's part.
I'm pretty sure canonically that Ninian is the mother.

Lyn is still one of your options though, so in another universe, 'tis true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom