• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That doesn't work like that. We can't just not play the character when other people will. If, say, Krystal gets in, even if I never play her, I still have to deal with her inclusion.

There's a difference between being indifferent to a character and disliking a character so strongly that you would be annoyed if they got in. Negative influence is just as legitimate as positive influence; excluding it from this is narrowminded when the idea is to get a feel for which characters people want and don't want.
Lets get something straight. Just because a view is different does not mean it is narrow minded. What is narrow minded is to not take into account what has already been mentioned by Chronobound once before. ANYONE can overrun these polls. That doesn't just mean people who want a character, but also dedicated hate bases. A character who very well deserves a slot, like say Issac, could get a pointlessly large amount of negative votes from a fan base dedicated to making sure their character is the only sure thing. It doesn't matter how big a fan base is for a popular character. If a group so very intent on pushing the votes in their favor were to exist, negative votes would become a problem.

I'm far from against the idea of showing which character is least deserving. I just prefer methods that don't ruin everyones chances. Now there is a method I know that could work well in terms of fairness. It was used during the final Skullgirls Indiegogo campaign. It was a ranking system allowing people to arrange the entire list of character options in order from most wanted to least wanted. That way people can see their options and arrange them by who they would like to see most and rank lower the characters they don't want to see.

Honestly, I can't stand how people think if they don't follow the crowd they are narrow minded.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
^ I also think that this is a better system, except for the fact that we don't have a full range of characters to vote for. Maybe we could make it so we have a preliminary list, and over time, we can edit it as people give new suggestions.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'm on my phone and can't post a picture of Paper Mario right now. Someone want to do it for me?

geno

Smash Apprentice
Maybe once we get a more full list (if it's going to get any bigger than this), then we can take that number of characters and rank them from 1-n individually (and give each of them points based on their place) for like a Character Voting pt. 2. That way, we wouldn't have negatives or anything, but we'd have a MUCH clearer representation of who's at the top, and who's at the bottom.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Why do I have the strong feeling you are only saying this is because Sonic characters are strongly dominating the Negative Top 3?
I am pretty sour about that, but no. I never liked the negative vote system to begin with. I would be even more outraged if a character like Issac, who is a generally more deserving character, were in the bottom ranks. This system has only been exposed to this particular forum. I would hate to see if this system were actually used in a genuine poll. You all can believe what you want, but I do believe in fair competition as well.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So we should have no way of saying we don't want a character in the game? There's a difference between saying "of the characters I want, I want this one least," "I'm indifferent to this character," or "it would bother me if this character was in the game."

People who feel strongly enough about not wanting a character in the game deserve a say too. I really don't want Krystal, and it would bother me if she were chosen. But ranking her number ten in terms of importance on a ten-character poll doesn't convey that.

I'm not saying that view is narrowminded because I disagree with it. It's narrowminded because it excludes what could be valuable input. If everyone hated the idea of Ridley being playable, that would be valuable input. As it is, many characters are quite divisive, and should be thought hard about before inclusion.

Anyone could overrun this poll. But until it happens, it's irrelevant. The current system is working just fine.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Nice to Saki near the top of the poll, and really nice to see Issac at the top of the poll.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I just woke up, looks like there's support for Toad even though he's a negative pick (barely)! I agree that Bowser Jr. will probably be in SSB4 so putting him in would be too risky, leaving an opportunity for Toad open. Not discrediting any talk about him of course, as a smaller faster bowser clone DOES sound neat!

Having read your comments on him, I like the movesets you all came up with, though I want to chime in with a possible moveset of my own:

Toad (as a clone, it would be easier for the Project M Backroom)

Again, his default color should be blue so as to differentiate him from Peach's Toad

Basically he could be the Wolf to Mario's Fox and Luigi's Falco. I know it's not totally accurate (Luigi and Mario have wildly different physics, different side-B's, etc.) but since Mario, Luigi and Toad were all in the New Super Mario Bros. games it can be appropriate. Basically, he'd have a different down-B (can't see him using a tornado attack like M&L) but keep Luigi's side-B side-B, as seems to be the key difference between the three of them.. That way, all 3 could have a unique special move. Overall, save for a few of his moves, he'd have the least range but would be the fastest. Edit: he's a fast faller, too.

...Also, since PMBR wants to make Brawl into Melee with Project M it wouldn't be out of the question to include a second Mario clone like in Melee, as we lost Dr. Mario as a character, now a costume.

[Edit: retroactively struck through to clarify that "making Brawl into a Melee clone" wasn't, isn't, and never will be the PMBR's mission statement. Forgive me, I was but young and foolish in the past. What I simply mean was that we had three variations on Mario to choose from in Melee, so I argue that a second Mario clone wouldn't be that strange of a thing to see.]

Now then, let's get on with the moveset, shall we?

Specials:

-I say the down-B side-B could be mushroom spores coming out in front of him as a reference to how Peach uses him. It can be like Squirtle's Bubble attack, only it would be stronger, have a little more startup lag, and cover more range. Edit: it would also cause him to move forward a little in midair, like Mario's cape.

-His own version of the fireball would be the ice ball from the newer games, and it could work like Mario's fireball trajectory wise. It could be slower than the fireball but Toad could act out of it quicker even than Mario can, so using them could be more for positioning and startups...like Wolf's new Blaster, now that I think about it.

-Toad's up-B would work like Luigi's up-B in that it only hits once, though it wouldn't be as powerful. It would go a little slower than either bro's jump punches so he wouldn't "pop" like they do. Trajectory wise it could be more diagonally oriented than Mario's. Also it wouldn't be a punch, but the powered up crouch jump from Super Mario Bros. 2. (Second to last row in the picture). Edit: Lastly, it sends foes at a horizontal angle rather than the vertical angle that Luigi's does and doesn't carry enemies away like Mario's does.

-Toad's version of Luigi's side-B could actually work like Luigi's up-B in that it can't be charged, goes straight forward, does okay damage when it hits. In a reversal of Luigi's up-B, however, it could be stronger the farther into the move you hit the opponent. Kind of like Wario's Shoulder Bash move, though obviously you don't run or jump with it.

I made the above idea a long time ago (it's been half a year since I made this post, damn), but I've since decided that his down-B should instead be the Propeller Spin. Basically it's a Mario Tornado / Luigi Cyclone sort of attack where Toad dons a hat like the one you wear when you get the Propeller Suit in New Super Generic Bros., except the difference here is that hitting with the sweetspot--the propellers themselves, racks up the most damage of the three down-B's. It's also by nature the best at recovering vertically if you mash the B button enough.

Normals:

-Jab: Does a 3-hit combo with kicks similarly to how Lucas' jab is in vBrawl. It could also have similar knockback.
-Forward Tilt: Swings his two fists in front of him like how when he was held by Peach. Like Ivysaur's f-tilt, it would be more of a trapping attack that racks up damage, and wouldn't have a lot of knockback.
-Forward Smash: One of Toad's stronger moves, he'll swing that big ol' head in front of him, with his mushroom spores coming out for added visual effect when fully charged. Could be copied from Bowser's forward smash (though it wouldn't be that powerful)
-Dash Attack: A slide attack like Mario's dash attack, though Toad can act out of it quicker.
-Up Tilt: Like Mario's u-tilt, only Toad would use both of his arms and it would be animated similarly to Ness' u-tilt.
-Up Smash: Like a more powerful version of Mario's u-smash, though it'd have slightly slower startup.
-Down Tilt: A little kick in front of him, it would be the fastest d-tilt of the three. Could maybe use Ness' d-tilt animation.
-Down Smash: Toad does a breakdance like Mario and Luigi, though he stands on his head during the attack. Knockback wise it could have a strong initial hit that sends foes flying but would work as a multihit move with minimal knockback after that.
-Grab Pummel: Same as the Mario Brothers' (is there even a difference between those two?)
Forward Throw: Same as Mario's, but much quicker
-Back Throw: Similar to the other two's back throws but it would send at a more straight angle in contrast to Mario and Luigi's upwards ones.
-Down Throw: Same as Mario and Luigi's down throws but would release the opponent at a more diagonal angle.
-Up Throw: Same as Mario's, but quicker

Toad would move the farthest horizontally in the air, in contrast to Luigi's vertical air prowess

-Neutral Air: Toad sticks out his little foot as a sex kick. It's hard to land because of it's small range, but it sends foes at a sharp, powerful angle behind him.
-Forward Air: Like Luigi's f-air, though it would be a little easier to connect. It could also have ice particles as a visual effect, like this Toad's standard special.
-Back Air: Toad does a flip kick. It could work like Lucas' current b-air but quicker and weaker.
-Up Air: Like Mario and Luigi's but with shorter range
-Down Air: Like Mario and Luigi's d-air but quicker.

Sorry for typing a lot, but if you read everything then more power to you!

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
If you don't like Krystal or the many "Furries". Rate them the lowest. But clearly anyone who can say they would detest a character so much that they would not play a game is taking that game far too seriously.

Edit: Also I already stated my opinion about how much this poll matters here. The problem is if a poll like this goes public. It isn't going to be the same story.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
@ Chrono about Lip: While I don't personally see what would drive P:M to choose Lip as a character, the skirt isn't really a problem, as Lip can be given bloomers or even just redesign the parts completely which is seen as controversial. There was also this redesign that Kikwi-Kiwi had made but she had deleted in on her gallery, making it difficult to find now.

On the other hand, a very good post, I tell you. Lip wouldn't really be a problem designwise though as her skirt isn't important to be kept in the way it is. Like I said, one could also just make it so she has pants under it or just bloomers.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Maybe on top of the above mentioned 1-n ranking method, we could also add an optional "and choose one to -1 from"? Or something to that effect?
Not a bad idea. I think we should maybe redo this at some point, where you get five upvotes and one, maybe two downvotes? That or you get five votes total and you can spend them either up or down. And none of this half-vote nonsense.

Oooor just a ranking system.

If you don't like Krystal or the many "Furries". Rate them the lowest. But clearly anyone who can say they would detest a character so much that they would not play a game is taking that game far too seriously.
That's not my point. I'd still play the game. But whereas I'm indifferent to most characters I don't support, I would feel that certain characters are a waste of a slot. I feel that should have some merit, that's all.

I could settle for your way though, if I had to.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Sorry for the double post, but something just occurred to me.

If clones are easier than original characters, how about Gooey as a Kirby clone? Though I imagine Kirby would be tough to clone.

Just a random thought.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I personally think it is good for us to know what's popular and what is unpopular. Just make sure your down votes are honest representations of your feelings toward that character. The best way you can help us is by being honest.
Don't worry I don't pull punches. :laugh: ;)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What if a character is both :(
As of right now, the only character that fits that description is Black Shadow (and to a lesser extent Dark Samus).

The Sonic trinity and Waluigi for example have far more negative votes than positive ones. And characters like Pichu and Krystal have mediocre positive ratings in comparison to many other characters (even solely looking at their positive ratings, both of those characters fall outside the Top 10).

MagnesD3

Smash Master
As of right now, the only character that fits that description is Black Shadow (and to a lesser extent Dark Samus).

The Sonic trinity and Waluigi for example have far more negative votes than positive ones. And characters like Pichu and Krystal have mediocre positive ratings in comparison to many other characters (even solely looking at their positive ratings, both of those characters fall outside the Top 10).
Take a look at the ssb4 poll if you wanna see accurate Krystal numbers..

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Take a look at the ssb4 poll if you wanna see accurate Krystal numbers..
K. Rool is also far more wanted for Smash 4 than Dixie Kong, yet much more people want Dixie Kong for Project M than K. Rool due to:
1. Much more feasible character.
2. Was actually planned for Brawl.

The thing is people simply don't want Krystal for Project M. People don't want four spacies in, and being limited to only five slots, people don't want to see Krystal as a character that is made from the ground up (non-clone) either.

We get it you are upset about Krystal being so high on the negative votes, but the fact is that she is not highly demanded either looking at the positive votes side of things.

geno

Smash Apprentice
Actually, upon further thought, I'd like to slightly amend my vote if that's acceptable:

Changing: Plusle & Minun from ½ to Full vote
Changing: Ridley from Full vote to ½ vote (He's doing fine without me)

As much as I love Pichu, I think Plusle and Minun would be a much better fit for P:M. I get that there's tons of controversy over Pichu, so what about another tag-team character? They could bring that Pichu flair that the old fans are wanting, while bringing something new and awesome to the table for those opposed to having Pichu back (Plus they were (most likely) part of the forbidden 7 anyway). Don't even get me started on how awesome their moveset could be! The Ice Climbers are too comfortable as the only duo on the roster anyways. What do you Pichu fans think? More or less acceptable? Anti-Pichu's? Would this be a better alternative or still no good?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
We
K. Rool is also far more wanted for Smash 4 than Project M than Dixie Kong, yet much more people want Dixie Kong for Project M than K. Rool due to:
1. Much more feasible character.
2. Was actually planned for Brawl.

The thing is people simply don't want Krystal for Project M. People don't want four spacies in, and being limited to only five slots, people don't want to see Krystal as a character that is made from the ground up (non-clone) either.

We get it you are upset about Krystal being so high on the negative votes, but the fact is that she is not highly demanded either looking at the positive votes side of things.[/quote well counting plus votes and the half votes together equals 11 verses 11 negative votes so there is that but I get your point :S

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That's not my point. I'd still play the game. But whereas I'm indifferent to most characters I don't support, I would feel that certain characters are a waste of a slot. I feel that should have some merit, that's all.

I could settle for your way though, if I had to.
I honestly understand your point, but the same can be said about any character really. I detest Jigglypuff, Olimar, and Wolf, yet I couldn't care less that they are in the game. In fact. If I shared your view about characters I detest, I would be throwing up in the back of my throat if Ridley and Black Shadow won. But going as far as to say any character is a waste of slot? Lets not forget that people are voting on these characters. "Waste of slot" would be a character that nobody plays. The votes obviously show desire to play the character. That is far from wasting a slot. All negative votes really even do is discourage people from voting on a character they like if they see their character has reached the negatives. That is pressure based voting.

With the ranking system it kills two birds with one stone. We see who is the least desired character and most desired by everyone who votes by averaging it out. It is much less discouraging for the voters, and they get to position every character they like rather than be limited to voting for five.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
. All negative votes really even do is discourage people from voting on a character they like if they see their character has reached the negatives. That is pressure based voting.
Nope. Anti Guy did not even put the ranking up until after there had been voting done for a while. If you are seriously worried about the ranking, just ask Anti Guy to take it down. However, the Sonic trinity was dominating the Negative Top 3 prior to Anti Guy posting the rankings (I tallied up the rankings too, but never publically published them), so your point does not hold water.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I honestly understand your point, but the same can be said about any character really. I detest Jigglypuff, Olimar, and Wolf, yet I couldn't care less that they are in the game. In fact. If I shared your view about this poll method, I would be throwing up in the back of my throat if Ridley and Black Shadow won. But going as far as to say any character is a waste of slot? Lets not forget that people are voting on these characters. "Waste of slot" would be a character that nobody plays. The votes obviously show desire to play the character. That is far from wasting a slot. All negative votes really even do is discourage people from voting on a character they like if they see their character has reached the negatives. That is pressure based voting.

With the ranking system it kills two birds with one stone. We see who is the least desired character and most desired by everyone who votes by averaging it out. It is much less discouraging for the voters, and they get to position every character they like rather than be limited to voting for five.
I WOULD FEEL that certain characters are a waste of a slot. Can I have my own opinions, please?

We're not convincing each other about this method, so let's just quit.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey guys, can we discuss? Better option that Pichu? Worse than Pichu? Same?
View attachment 3743
The problem with Plusle & Minun is that its a duo character, which according to Sakurai are very hard to do (Sakurai has said he is even struggling to get duo characters to work with 3DS Smash 4).

Looking at the Project M roster right now, among the few remaining veterans not yet in are Olimar and the Ice Climbers.

I think for the amount of work required to make Plusle & Minun work relative to the amount of demand for the character (which is rather low), it would not be worth the time and effort.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
My views on Plusle and Minun:

They'd would have been a really cool addition to Brawl, but given that this is a mod, not an official release it wouldn't be worth the effort. The AI work that would need to go into it would easily result in a 2000+ hour dev time. If Pichu is "only popular because of Smash Bros", Plusle and Minun are only popular because they might have almost been in Smash Bros maybe.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Maybe Plusle and Minum could take over Pichu's moveset, but work as one, not as Ice Climbers duo, but as actual two characters in one.
(Billy and Mandy from Punch Time Explosion, for example).

This would, however, present as quite the challenge for whoever is in charge of the character animation.

It is also a reasonable middle ground between Pichu and no Pichu that I'm willing to meet with the haters.

geno

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't they just be based them off of Ice Climbers' double...ness (use nana's AI and what-have-you) with a mini Pikachu as their base shape? Or am I way off? I'm not sure how all of the cloning works. And I know more Pokemon is frowned upon, but not Pichu is a general plus (apparently) and also another duo would be very unique (and we have no other duo options currently). I was thinking that demand would go up if the Pichu fans converted if they saw that there was too much opposition and then some anti-Pichus would join also because it wasn't Pichu. But maybe that's wishful thinking.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Couldn't they just be based them off of Ice Climbers' double...ness (use nana's AI and what-have-you) with a mini Pikachu as their base shape? Or am I way off? I'm not sure how all of the cloning works. And I know more Pokemon is frowned upon, but not Pichu is a general plus (apparently) and also another duo would be very unique (and we have no other duo options currently). I was thinking that demand would go up if the Pichu fans converted if they saw that there was too much opposition and then some anti-Pichus would join also because it wasn't Pichu. But maybe that's wishful thinking.

Plusle and Minun make no sense. Every argument that "works" against Pichu works against them plus they'd be a huge pain to program plus they aren't a cut Melee vet.

Edit: Sorry to be a buzzkill, though. Like I said, they would have been rad in Brawl, but I don't see a fan mod being able to pull off brand new AI.

geno

Smash Apprentice
That... that didn't answer my questions at all. And the only argument that "worked" against Pichu was that he sucked in Melee, and Plusle and Minun, to my knowledge, weren't in Melee. So, the only bit argument against them would be the coding, which was my question. Why couldn't they just use Ice Climbers and reshape them?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I WOULD FEEL that certain characters are a waste of a slot. Can I have my own opinions, please?

We're not convincing each other about this method, so let's just quit.
I apologize honestly. I don't agree, but I shouldn't argue about it. I respect your point of view and will not persist on proving my own. It really hasn't done me any good so far anyways. Using a cellphone to make wallposts can get pretty frustrating.

Nope. Anti Guy did not even put the ranking up until after there had been voting done for a while. If you are seriously worried about the ranking, just ask Anti Guy to take it down. However, the Sonic trinity was dominating the Negative Top 3 prior to Anti Guy posting the rankings (I tallied up the rankings too, but never publically published them), so your point does not hold water.
Right. Forgot about the results post. None of my arguments are really holding up as it is. I apologize for giving you a hard time. I'm quite aware of Sonic's fluctuating popularity and how unpopular his friends are. You can persist on rubbing it in my face since my mood is already ruined. I kind of fell flat on my ass trying to defend something I felt deserved a defense. But being completely honest, the Trinity thing had no effect on why I spoke up about negative votes. Either way, I still apologize. I'm done here. Sorry for wasting everyones time.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I apologize honestly. I don't agree, but I shouldn't argue about it. I respect your point of view and will not persist on proving my own. It really hasn't done me any good so far anyways. Using a cellphone to make wallposts can get pretty frustrating.
Ah man, you're posting from a phone? >_< My laptop was broken for a long time and I was using the Wii U to post. Which, the Wii U has a good browser! But it still means posting with a stylus, often long posts.

Either way. Sorry for getting so defensive. I'm trying to work on being less hostile in arguments. If this poll ever gets redone, we should definitely consider refining the method we use. The ranking system could certainly work.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Right. Forgot about the results post. None of my arguments are really holding up as it is. I apologize for giving you a hard time. I'm quite aware of Sonic's fluctuating popularity and how unpopular his friends are. You can persist on rubbing it in my face since my mood is already ruined. I kind of fell flat on my *** trying to defend something I felt deserved a defense. But being completely honest, the Trinity thing had no effect on why I spoke up about negative votes. Either way, I still apologize. I'm done here. Sorry for wasting everyones time.

For what its worth, I do think you defended your stance quite remarkably.
And although the hate for Sonic's friends is extremely common for fanbases outside Sonic's, I don't think that's the case here. It's just a matter of having another 3rd party character "take up a slot" which bugs many.
But I'm extremely confident that if this poll were to go global, Sonic's friends would win by a LANDSLIDE, and I'm sure that's what troubles a lot of people here. Me? I would actually love having a second SEGA/Sonic character around. I voted for Knuckles to show my support, and I won't change it just because Sonic's friends are dead last. :)

It sucks having to write so much from a cell phone, though.

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
Oh my gods... so much Pichu hate... >_>

Okay, I give you the point: There are many Pokemon already ! But I find that useless to say Pichu was bad in Melee. It not a good argument, many character in PM was bad and the was able to fight in PM. After, the character power in their game is not good either, because many other character are bad too.

Pichu is destroyed by Mewtwo in Pokemon... Jigglypuff too ! And many other Pokemon too !

I think the fact Pichu is a veterant is the key. Why every veterant are in PM but not Pichu ? That just plain unfair ! Pikachu in PM have almost nothing from Pichu in Melee.... Yeah Pichu player are few in the world, but he still have some fan who hope to see him too in PM !

Come on, I'm sure you would be mad too if your character was the only one to not appear in this great mod...

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Ah man, you're posting from a phone? >_< My laptop was broken for a long time and I was using the Wii U to post. Which, the Wii U has a good browser! But it still means posting with a stylus, often long posts.

Either way. Sorry for getting so defensive. I'm trying to work on being less hostile in arguments. If this poll ever gets redone, we should definitely consider refining the method we use. The ranking system could certainly work.
It is quite fine. I'm used to being defensive since being part of the Sonic fanbase gets me hell on either end of the spectrum. Your hostility was just enforcing your belief, which I respect. I do however hope the system is changed.

For what its worth, I do think you defended your stance quite remarkably.
And although the hate for Sonic's friends is extremely common for fanbases outside Sonic's, I don't think that's the case here. It's just a matter of having another 3rd party character "take up a slot" which bugs many.
But I'm extremely confident that if this poll were to go global, Sonic's friends would win by a LANDSLIDE, and I'm sure that's what troubles a lot of people here. Me? I would actually love having a second SEGA/Sonic character around. I voted for Knuckles to show my support, and I won't change it just because Sonic's friends are dead last. :)

It sucks having to write so much from a cell phone, though.
I am not usually one to gush about my interests, but I honestly only defend Sonic in hopes of restoring faith in the franchise. I had persued a college career in game art and design so that I may one day be able to be one of the devs that does the series justice... Yes, Sonic is the reason I went to college. I've done a good bit of artwork and story development in regards to existing content to work from. More recently I started working with Shadow in my written work. The more I worked with the character, the more engrossed I became with him. He is by far not my favorite, but he is the most fun to work with. It brought me back to why I loved Sonic Adventure 2: Battle so much. Being the first Sonic Nintendo console game, it left the biggest impact on my views of the series. I remember being confused as a child when I knew clearly that Sonic was a Sega game. That confusion ultimately sunk me into being a faithful fan of the series. So in a way...I actually thank Nintendo more than I do Sega for my exposure to Sonic. Yes I played the classics as a kid, but nothing left a bigger impact on me than SA2B.

Shadow was significant to Sega's movement to 3rd party and largely supported as the 2nd best character beside Sonic. Any child growing up a Sonic fan would be utterly shocked about Sonic being anywhere near a Nintendo console around that time. So saying Shadow is of little importance is almost insulting to Sonic's history with Nintendo. Not to mention Shadow's impact on Brawl hacks entirely, as I have said many times before. I would play P:M 1,000,000 times over if they could help me relive the nostalgia of my two favorite Gamecube games by marking Shadow's inclusion. This is honestly how I feel.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There is a reason why Shadow is topping the hate list. That guy has legions of haters even among diehard Sonic fans.

As I said before, I think its for the best to not to add in any more additional third-party characters. Smash Bros. above all else is about Nintendo.

As I said before, guests don't bring friends that weren't invited.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Frankly, as much as I don't care for Shadow I wouldn't mind seeing him. He'd make a good heavy clone of Sonic and let's be real, Smash 4,5, and 6 can come and go and Sonic will never get a clone. That said I'd much prefer Tails, Knuckles, or Amy since they're a bit more classic than Edgy the Ripoff.

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
I alway hesitant about third party character because of the copyright issue... And I think PMBR should focus on the veterants before.. (including Pichu >__>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom