• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I think it's more likely that Funky would be an alt costume rather than a whole new character.
Which unfortunately goes against the alt costume rules of being the same character. Unless it is just DK *dressed* as the Funky one. More likely you'll see a fan made character skin for him.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
it's in brawl workshop
Can you link the thread? The only topic I'm seeing, which I think is the one you're refering to. is very very old. Shadic hasn't worked on it for over a year, and Mariodk took over. I believe it's no longer being worked on, and a PM version wasn't in the works, as much as I'd like to see a PM geno.

Promestein

Smash Cadet
Dracula's Castle, apart from having the Castlevania logo in the stage select screen, is all original material based on public domain sources. They would have to change one image in one file to get Konami off their back. An entire character is a different story.
The stage is actually pulled from Castlevania Judgment.

Also, about Simon:
I still think Richter Belmont would serve as the better pick. Hypothetically, of course. Richter is in both of the most acclaimed Castlevania games.
Richter's other advantages over Simon are that Richter as has a recent 3D model to use as a base that isn't from Castlevania Judgment, he would be a bit less effort, and with his greater ability-set over Simon (flying uppercut, slide, that weird dash-flip thing, the cross, dagger, holy water, book, and axe subweapons and their item crashes, as opposed to Simon's subweapons) he would have a bit more moveset potential as well. Alucard would be a pretty neat pick as well, but again, Castlevania Judgment model.

Still won't ever happen. But anyways, carry on.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Which unfortunately goes against the alt costume rules of being the same character. Unless it is just DK *dressed* as the Funky one. More likely you'll see a fan made character skin for him.

DK wearing a costume isn't much of a stretch in this case.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I don't think Toad will provide that much hype, though, sure you're giving reasons how he could work, but why do it only for a few loud toad fans, when toad doesn't provide hype for the rest of the majority.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
To be fair, the same can be said for many, many characters. I'm not gonna pretend Skull Kid is mega popular.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
To be fair, the same can be said for many, many characters. I'm not gonna pretend Skull Kid is mega popular.
Yeah, but I'm not saying I hate toad and etc. I'm just saying he won't provide the hype to get that update. Remember what the PMBR said, if it comes to add to add a unique character, it has to be well received with the majority which I would put maybe above 80% of the Smash community, maybe. I would put the top 5 on the poll as the most likely since it shows there popular/wanted and etc. Yet, we have to remember we might not even get an original character, it's just an option on the table, really.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yeah I agree even as a Toad supporter he wouldn't be all that hype. I only wanted to answer his question. I'd still like him to be in nonetheless.

MLGF

Smash Lord
MarthMario said:
Why is Shadow so hated? Am I weird for liking him? :/
Yes, yes you are.
In all seriousness, he's just one of the countless kinda-sorta evil kinda-not versions of a main character started by Iori way back in KoF 95. But while Iori brought a huge icon into the series Shadow is a raw badass cliche that gets more cliche'd every time they try to make him relevant.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I was indifferent with shadow, so I'm pretty sure I didn't even bother with a -1. I think it is mostly for 1 third party rep for each different company, sort of thing.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Mewtwo doesn't count as a clone. A clone in the Smash Bros sense is a character that borrows many of the same animations and attacks but has different stats and parameters.

Mewtwo used Lucario as a base because it's necessary to do so in order to create a new character, and Lucario was the closest match. That's why it took Mewtwo so long (700+ hours) because he was being made completely unique.

By "clone", I was referring to "clone engine character", my bad. I know Mewtwo took so much time, and I know that the PMBR won't use all the slots on unique characters, but I was merely stating that, were they to make one, they would most probably change a big chunk of the animations to help the character stand out from the base.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I dislike Shadow because he's Vegeta as a hedgehog. He's pretty much, as MLGF said, a walking cliche.

It's not even that I don't like Sonic in general. I like Tails a lot, and I generally approve of Knuckles and Eggman. With Shadow, it's hard for me to not frown in his general direction. When I see a character who's supposed to be a 'badass', I dislike them on sight.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Why is Shadow so hated? Am I weird for liking him? :/
You're obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I always found him pretty lame because he's basically a generic anti-hero/edgy character/hero doppelganger all at the same time.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
If, in a distant future, the Sonic franchise got a reboot, the only 2 characters I would keep would be Sonic (duh) and Robotnik, maybe even Tails. It's not that I dislike Sonic characters, it's just that most seem to lack originality, as mentioned above.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, he'd be a terrifying assist trophy. Have him come out and he just sits there, doing nothing. Then after about 10-15 seconds, you can hear muted whimpering, which escalates into tortured screaming. After about a minute of this, the screen begins to get darker and darker, and it finally goes black.

Then the match just ends. None of the characters are even clapping - they're all just standing there, staring at you.

When you go back out to the character selection screen, Ben replaces Link. If you choose any other characters, the game makes a buzzing noise (as if to say "You're wrong!") and it puts you back to not having selected a character. So you have to choose him - and when you do, the announcer says "BEN!!!!!!" in a horrifying scream.

Then your Wii bricks and you cry yourself to sleep.

(on second thought this might be dangerous)
I love your imagination.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Shadow is too close to Sonic to be another character, but I was very sad that Sonic did not get a Shadow costume, like Peach has with Daisy

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Well lets say 3.0b comes out in January then I'm hoping for March for 2 character reveals.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Shadow is too close to Sonic to be another character, but I was very sad that Sonic did not get a Shadow costume, like Peach has with Daisy
I don't like Shadow but the only similarity he has with Sonic is that he is a hedgehog that runs fast. His character is VERY different. That's really saying that Luigi is too close to Mario because he's a plumber who jumps high.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Alright, it's time to make a horibble moveset that nobody would take seriously!
[collapse=Isaac time]

[/collapse]

Cloned from: Link seems to be the best IMO. I want to play off the idea of psyenergy being invisible for the most part, so any attack using it will consist of having gust around him of some sorts. PRACTICAL THINKING.

Stance: Isaac would be holding his sword with one hands and in a relaxed way, similar to Marth. His other hand will be used primarily for psyenergy shenanigans. While far from the games, it makes his movements far less awkward to map out.
Running: Isaac's overworld running from the games. Cuz it's adorbz.

Standing A: Isaac does two quick kicks side to side and then Isaac uses psyenergy to push the opponent. Remember, most psyenergy is invisible.
F-Tilt: Isaac does something similar to Luca's F-Tilt, but made to appear like something closer to psyenergy. ...Is that practical? I dunno.
U-tilt: Isaac does an upwards pierce in the direction he's facing. Starting from his torso, it'd be approximately a 60 degree angle upwards
D-Titlt: Isaac does a downwards pierce in the direction he's facing. Same thing as above but downwards.
Dash Attack: Isaac uses N64 Link's jab.

F-Air: Isaac uses his standard attack animation from Golden Sun. It'd be a quick slash that covers his shoulder to his thigh IIRC.
B-Air: Isaac does a stand behind him coming right from his torso.
D-Air: Isaac uses ground psyenergy to push himself slightly up and his enemies down. I believe this should consist of Isaac using his non sword hand and having it opened up. As the move has a hitbox, some glowlike aesthetics should cover his body to show he's using psyenergy.
U-Air: Isaac does Link's classic up tilt.
N-Air: Isaac could have either a sex kick or Marth's N-Air, either way works.

B: Isaac does his assist trophy motion, albeit heavily altered. The hand grows larger the longer you charge. Simple.
Side B: Isaac releases a Djinn, which charges at the enemy, then retreats back into Isaac. Preferably Venus.
Down B: Isaac forces the earth around him to shake, animation is similar to Wario/Charizard's down-smash. Can lead to tripping and allow followups. It would be chargable and the longer the charge, the larger the range. The hitbox would end around half of a platform of battlefield on either side of Isaac. It'd naturally have to be a quick charge.
Up B: As silly as it sounds, It'd be fun if Isaac had a Tiger-blade (Tales of Symphonia) like motion for his Up B. I just think it'd be fitting for some reason.

F-Smash: Isaac's charge his sword like Tink's. It'd be nice if the sword had kinda a glow affect while this happened, complete with the "____ is making a howl!" sound effect
D-Smash: Isaac forces a small earthquake. Similar to Charizard's downsmash, but far faster and far smaller in terms of hitbox.
Up-Smash: Isaac uses Tink's slash from classic Brawl, just bcuz.

Final Smash: Got nothing :p. Perhaps Isaac jumps into the air and meteors down and it has a huge hitbox.

Taunt 1: Isaac points his blade in front of him
Taunt 2: Isaac tries to put away his sword, the curse sounds effect happens upon trying and Isaac takes it out of his sheath again.
Taunt 3: Some sort of jab at him being a silent protag. Golden Sun tradition. No idea what specifically however.

Alt: Old Isaac. Obvious choice :p.

Whew... not too bad...

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Where do they put the sound effects and voices for cloned characters?

Can they add sfx?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Where do they put the sound effects and voices for cloned characters?

Can they add sfx?

Apparently not. They rerouted boss SFX and replaced them. If you fight two specific bosses (whose names escape me at the moment) you will hear Mewtwo and Roy's voice clips play.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So wouldn't they run out of boss sfx before all 5 characters are complete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom