• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I will admit Ridley would probably generate the most "hype" from the general smash fanbase if he were included.

Seeing Sm4sh seems to be dropping the ball in regards to him.
Agreed, this is actually one of the reasons I really hope that PMBR chooses to implement Ridley. Not only would it create insane hype, but even if Ridley is never playable in an official smash game we'd still have him in a balanced an fully implemented setting.

Shin F.

Smash Master
If it mattered before that wouldn`t that mean Mario and Kirby would be top tier with one hit kill moves?
And Yoshi.

The issue with Ridley, and note: I've wanted Ridley since I saw the Melee trailer so many years ago, isn't that he's too big it's that he's too lanky. Bowser is a brute, so when you shrink him down he still has bulk. If you shrink Ridley down he tends to look like an oversized prehistoric chicken.
Other M Ridley is buff though. You can tell he lifts just by looking at him.

Oh boy if that was the case, I hate to see what people would think of Mewtwo replacing Meta Knight in a tier of his own.

More like Ness. I mean, Mewtwo is powerful but Ness faced down freakin Giygas (Universal Cosmic Destroyer). Let's not even start on freakin Super Sonic. He's OP even without taking into account how powerful he is in his canon games and comic.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
More like Ness. I mean, Mewtwo is powerful but Ness faced down freakin Giygas (Universal Cosmic Destroyer). Let's not even start on freakin Super Sonic. He's OP even without taking into account how powerful he is in his canon games and comic.
Thing of how hard playing Sonic would be if we listened to the comics and made him able to run at the speed of light.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Hey, one thing I was thinking about for Ridley - a lot of characters with wings have a bunch of tiny jumps, but it might be kinda cool if Ridley instead had one massive jump. Think the type of height that Yoshi gets from his double jump, complete with a really big "FOOSH" effect as he flaps his wings and pushes up.

Not saying he'd have the same recovery mechanic as Yoshi, just a really powerful second jump that's befitting of someone like him.

This would also go a long way in differentiating him from Charizard, who I think he'd definitely be based off of. That change alone makes 'em play totally different.

I was actually thinking something along these lines, but instead, he could have, say, 3 decent jumps but no vertical recovery special. And since we basically want him to be an aerial powerhouse, how about when he manages to land a blow in the air, he regains one jump and can continue the combo as long his hits connect. So going off stage against Ridley would basically be very risky, since he could potentially recover if he attacks you successfully. However, I'm not sure if this is possible within the limits of the clone engine, but it would be truly cool...

Shin F.

Smash Master
I was actually thinking something along these lines, but instead, he could have, say, 3 decent jumps but no vertical recovery special. And since we basically want him to be an aerial powerhouse, how about when he manages to land a blow in the air, he regains one jump and can continue the combo as long his hits connect. So going off stage against Ridley would basically be very risky, since he could potentially recover if he attacks you successfully. However, I'm not sure if this is possible within the limits of the clone engine, but it would be truly cool...

It may be. I know that they've made it so that grabbing a ledge can restore 1 of ROB's charges for his Robo Booster if they're empty, but landing restores all of them.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Other M Ridley is buff though. You can tell he lifts just by looking at him.

Yeah, but Other M Ridley sucks. I'm not usually one to rag on Other M, I think it had some really interesting ideas that became twisted and muddled due to poor storytelling (keyword: storytelling, not story) but my god is that Ridley ugly.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I know the backroom said they are creating their own models, but can't they just use Ridley's boss model? It is pretty detailed compared to Lyn's or Isaac's ATs. And wouldn't scaling it down make it even better?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think people should reconsider Kafei...before something like this happens.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I wouldn't mind that in the slightest. I mean, so long as we get a couple more Nintendo characters as well. It'd be really interesting to see the quintessential Project M character, the character the devs feel would add that extra flavor and round out the balance to their otherwise complete roster. I'd love to help with character designs if applicable!

The character could just be called "Melee" or "M".

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I wouldn't mind that in the slightest. I mean, so long as we get a couple more Nintendo characters as well. It'd be really interesting to see the quintessential Project M character, the character the devs feel would add that extra flavor and round out the balance to their otherwise complete roster. I'd love to help with character designs if applicable!

The character could just be called "Melee" or "M".

Or Pra_Mai ~

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You don't have faith in PMBR's ability to create a likable original character?
I`m sure they could make a wonderful original character but I`d rather this not turn into Super Smash Flash 3 (I`m not saying Super Smash Flash 2 is bad, I love SSF2)

Spire

III
BRoomer
0/10 Poop with Melee in the title is still poop
Poop isn't always bad. Humans may not like it much, but dogs and many other animals do! Other organisms break it down for nutrients (a massive portion of the Plant Kingdom to say the least). You should reassess your view on poop.

Poophead.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I`m sure they could make a wonderful original character but I`d rather this not turn into Super Smash Flash 3 (I`m not saying Super Smash Flash 2 is bad, I love SSF2)

It is ultimately their choice. Besides. I'd rather them make A character rather than NO character. Even if that character is completely their own work. I personally have faith in their abilities. I'm not saying they should fly with the idea, but it is there as an option.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I really think another concept apart from the other nintendo characters would be cool and original, i mostly talking about Tabuu, i mean wouldn't he be the ONLY true bad guy there? just think about it, he doesn't have to be the same size instead he could be marth size or w/e not to mention they would already have a ton of animations and the model etc. they could make their own tabuu model thats not so massive and base his attacks on the normal tabuu, plus he would have some cool things, just imagine hitting R before you enter a match with PM tabuu and then ta-da he's ****ing huge ass brawl tabuu

and c'mon, wouldn't a fight between giga bowser and big Tabuu be awesome?

Bleck

Smash Master
I'd really rather not see Original The Character make it in instead of countless other possible Nintendo characters.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Tabuu Stuff

Not really. Tabuu was poorly designed and a letdown as a final boss. I would however love to see "Tabuu Soul" since Sakurai is known for making extremely harder boss variants in his Kirby series games. That would be neat.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Raiden was never in Brawl, or a nintendo game. Not eligible.

Someone hasn't done their research. Yes. He in fact WAS in Brawl. And the only criteria he NEEDS to meet is being a sticker. In other words, GTFO.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Oh, well my mistake.
No need to be an asshole about it however. "GTFO" won't make your argument more substantial and will likely stop people from joining your cause.
EG: If you said that politely, I may have considered Raiden, now I don't care.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Oh, well my mistake.
No need to be an ******* about it however. "GTFO" won't make your argument more substantial and will likely stop people from joining your cause.
EG: If you said that politely, I may have considered Raiden, now I don't care.

OHHH You were being serious. Dude honestly my bad. I thought you were trying to be a smart ass like everyone else who belittled my character suggestions. I honestly had no idea you were saying that as an informative comment. XD;;;;

MLGF

Smash Lord
Perhaps my wording was a bit wonky. Looking back I could have said that better.
And yeah, I seriously forgot Raiden was a sticker. It's been a while.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Perhaps my wording was a bit wonky. Looking back I could have said that better.
And yeah, I seriously forgot Raiden was a sticker. It's been a while.

Its all good man. I just get tired of getting slapped down all the time. No big deal, we both just misunderstood each other is all. No worries at all.

Anyways, did something about Raiden catch your fancy? I wouldn't mind answering any questions you have about the character.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I loved Metal Gear Rising and the entire soundtrack is in my Brawl game.
Only playing the MGS beforehand, Raiden in that game was just the perfect level of seriousness that was snarky and badass. I do find him a great character, I just am very split on 3rd Party Characters, especially with legal issues.
And it's really hard to give Raiden justice.

S

Sharic X

+1 Vote

Skull Kid: I love the Skull Kid as a character because he was controlling the mask and the mask was controlling him. It was as if they became when one (which they technically did), but the reason why I think he'd be an appropriate and great choice is because he could bring an interesting move set to the table. If the devs get really creative using his powers and overall things he does in Majora's Mask, he'd be great.

Shadow: Though many people may not like Shadow and rather think of him as a Sonic clone, Shadow can easily be customized to have a completely different move set than Sonic. Aside from the normal kick, punch, jump that Sonic does, Shadow could use moves like Chaos Spear, Chaos Arrows, Chaos Control and Chaos Blast. Plus, he could also use weapons, hence the ones he uses in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Tom Nook: Well, as we all know Villager is in Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U and Tom Nook would be fun because he could use things he sells, instead of just things that you can use. Imagine dropping a couch on Link or throwing a raccoon clock at Yoshi. Now that'd be fun! :cool:

Kafei: Although many of you think this is rather silly or unnecessary, he was playable for a little bit in Majora's Mask, and that makes him the second character to be playable aside from the main hero, Link. Besides, everyone who played Majora's Mask, whether they did his side quest or not, they will still say they remembered seeing a little ****** with blue hair and Pikachu mask (OK OK, it's a Keaton mask but it's meant to look like a Pikachu) running away from you. Plus he could have a very interesting move set in the right hands.

Paper Mario: Sure, there may be a lot of Mario characters, but Paper Mario can have a completely different move set then Mario, especially since he can use stickers now too. How fun would it be to stick people with your sticker or actually use the sticker's power, like a Baa Hammer or an Ice Hammer sticker which not only hits someone, but sends 3 ice balls bouncing around the stage. Point is, he can be made to be his own character.

I have no +1/2 votes or downvotes, so that completes my list.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I loved Metal Gear Rising and the entire soundtrack is in my Brawl game.
Only playing the MGS beforehand, Raiden in that game was just the perfect level of seriousness that was snarky and badass. I do find him a great character, I just am very split on 3rd Party Characters, especially with legal issues.
And it's really hard to give Raiden justice.

PMBR Would be the ones to do it honestly. They have done a lot of things fans have wanted to see. But if legal issues are what are the problem, then don't worry about it. The worst that can be done is PMBR says "no" to an idea they can't do.

Ser Jacobian

Smash Rookie
Kafei: Although many of you think this is rather silly or unnecessary, he was playable for a little bit in Majora's Mask, and that makes him the second character to be playable aside from the main hero, Link. Besides, everyone who played Majora's Mask, whether they did his side quest or not, they will still say they remembered seeing a little ****** with blue hair and Pikachu mask (OK OK, it's a Keaton mask but it's meant to look like a Pikachu) running away from you. Plus he could have a very interesting move set in the right hands.
Pshaw. When I suggested Fierce Deity, I was thinking along those lines of characters before I stopped on him. All in all, any character from that particular installment could have some neat mechanics. For instance, Happy Mask Salesman! Just think of the implications.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Pshaw. When I suggested Fierce Deity, I was thinking along those lines of characters before I stopped on him. All in all, any character from that particular installment could have some neat mechanics. For instance, Happy Mask Salesman! Just think of the implications.

Yes, but out of the two you suggested, only Fierce Deity Link was playable. Plus we already have 2 Links. Kafei is a very nice choice for a Zelda character since he is a clean slate to work from much like Sheik. I would've tossed my vote in on Kafei, had I known about it sooner.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
your list
I like your taste! I didn't vote for Kafei or Shadow, but your other three have my full support. I adore the thought of Skull Kid in a Smash game, and we know he won't be in Smash 4, so there's no problem there. Plus I think P:M would do more justice to how dark and creepy he could be. I've also wanted Paper Mario in for a long time, and I doubt he ever will be in an official Smash game, so P:M may be his only option.

S

Sharic X

As for the Fierce Deity, we already have 2 Links (as Solbliminal already mentioned), but the point is, because he's pretty much Adult Link physically, he could be a costume.
After all, Majora's Mask was done using the engine and models from Ocarina of Time, and the Fierce Deity is a modified Adult Link model.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Yes it is. He is actually a side-quest character you gain temporary control of in Majora's Mask. Kafei. In other words, Zelda's 2nd playable character.
Yeah I figured, The art screamed "Majora's Mask" to me lol but I've never heard about the character until today. Oh crap, I thought he was girl lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom