• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Aside from the obvious fire, he holds his sword with two hands.

Wait, whaaat? :eek: That's super good to know!
So a unique animation. Good thing they function almost the same if we take away the unique properties.

And yeah. It has three angles if I remember correctly.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Yah its like Meta-Knights d-air you can just change the angle (also is multi-hitting comparitively to Marth)
also im not sure but I think up-B does not go as high as Marth's
Thanks for telling me, I'll keep that in mind.
I actually thought it went higher, but perhaps I'm wrong. I haven't compared them side by side.

So a unique animation. Good thing they function almost the same if we take away the unique properties.

And yeah. It has three angles if I remember correctly.
I really have no idea what mikeyn1gm was going on about. :facepalm:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I really have no idea what mikeyn1gm was going on about. :facepalm:
I don't intend to speak for him since he can do that when he gets back, but from my overview it seems like he is going on about the fact that Fox and Falco share every animation with each other, whereas the other clones all have their own unique animations.

The only thing is that i'm trying to figure out is what he is getting at, but that will be answered soon.

Random side note: If I remember correctly from lurking here and there the PMBR did want to keep some of Brawl's unique animations for falco but doing so messed with his playstyle from Melee so the idea was scrapped. Considering that Falco was the starting point of P:M as well I could see even more reasons for not changing him.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't intend to speak for him since he can do that when he gets back, but from my overview it seems like he is going on about the fact that Fox and Falco share every animation with each other, whereas the other clones all have their own unique animations.

The only thing is that i'm trying to figure out is what he is getting at, but that will be answered soon.

Random side note: If I remember correctly from lurking here and there the PMBR did want to keep some of Brawl's unique animations for falco but doing so messed with his playstyle from Melee so the idea was scrapped. Considering that Falco was the starting point of P:M as well I could see even more reasons for not changing him.
I'm just wondering why that...matters. :rolleyes: Clones generally share animations, and even if every animation was the same, what matters is that the moves function differently.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So playable Ridley should be fine using his own boss sounds.

-Edit: heck he even has two bosses soundbanks so they could give him a lot of sexy sounds!

Shin F.

Smash Master
Hey, I know people were talking about how it would be weird to have Ridley play against Boss Ridley if he was a Clone Engine character, but a joke I made earlier got me to thinking: What if they changed one of the Boss Ridleys to Dyna Blade? Or both, or they could use another giant flying character. Then Ridley could be playable without having conflicting sizes in Boss Battles.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hey, I know people were talking about how it would be weird to have Ridley play against Boss Ridley if he was a Clone Engine character, but a joke I made earlier got me to thinking: What if they changed one of the Boss Ridleys to Dyna Blade? Or both, or they could use another giant flying character. Then Ridley could be playable without having conflicting sizes in Boss Battles.
People who say Ridley fighting Ridley would be weird have no more ground to stand on than anyone who claims fighting Giga Bowser as Bowser would be weird. That said, boss Ridley is basically Dyna Blade, so a reskin would work pretty well. :p

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
or they could make this ridley playable instead

but now he is too small, Ridley fans can never win

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I was actually just thinking about that. They won't have to add sounds for him since he already has sounds present in the game!
That's....very true. I didn't know that the new characters use up slots from the boss character sound bank until someone mentioned it a few pages back. But that considered, Riddles wouldn't really need any custom sound effects.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That's....very true. I didn't know that the new characters use up slots from the boss character sound bank until someone mentioned it a few pages back. But that considered, Riddles wouldn't really need any custom sound effects.
Yeah, apparently Roy and Mewtwo use sound effect slots from Duon and Galleom (possibly vice versa), which I'd love to experience sometime. :awesome: They do this because currently it's impossible to add new soundbanks. Good thing we have enough bosses left to cover every clone engine slot, right?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yeah, apparently Roy and Mewtwo use sound effect slots from Duon and Galleom (possibly vice versa), which I'd love to experience sometime. :awesome: They do this because currently it's impossible to add new soundbanks. Good thing we have enough bosses left to cover every clone engine slot, right?

Totally going to do P:M Boss Battles when I get home from class tonight :awesome:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Pichu has been neither confirmed nor deconfirmed by cmart in the social thread. Just saying, that Pichu icon may just be an easter egg and for now that' probably all we should treat him as...for now.

EDIT: here's cmart's quote. I copy pasted it since I don't know how to quote others in different threads, I only joined last October:

"We DID add Pichu to the game so are you happy now?"

cmart was referring to the Pichu stage select icon that people uncovered, and was ambiguous about whether he was being sarcastic or not. Qx7 will can back me up since I heard it from him in the easter eggs thread.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Pichu has been neither confirmed nor deconfirmed by cmart in the social thread. Just saying, that Pichu icon may just be an easter egg and for now that' probably all we should treat him as...for now.

That's not the kind of thing that's just put there for no reason... just saying, what purpose would that serve other than to rile up Pichu fans? The April Fools thing was very obvious and clearly a joke at the time, and doing this would really anger a lot of Pichu fans if it was fake. It would be the second time PMBR hinted at Pichu being playable, and not meant it. PMBR would have to know that. Besides that, how would they know that someone would even bother to look through all the stock icons and find it? Unless they're actively trying to offend and anger Pichu supporters, I'm going to guess that he's in until PMBR directly says he's not.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
That's not the kind of thing that's just put there for no reason... just saying, what purpose would that serve other than to rile up Pichu fans? The April Fools thing was very obvious and clearly a joke at the time, and doing this would really anger a lot of Pichu fans if it was fake. It would be the second time PMBR hinted at Pichu being playable, and not meant it. PMBR would have to know that. Besides that, how would they know that someone would even bother to look through all the stock icons and find it? Unless they're actively trying to offend and anger Pichu supporters, I'm going to guess that he's in until PMBR directly says he's not.
I updated my post with the quote and right then you quoted me so I guess I edited too slow. It's up there now!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
it seems out of character for the PMBR to say something that rude
I think think it might've been a friendly joke, like over time he was somewhat surprised that Pichu support suddenly came up after the clone engine was announced to work, and decided to give them something to talk about. After all, the first time Pichu was "unveiled" was way before we (or possibly even PMBR) knew the clone engine was finished, let alone existed. So in that April Fools video it was natural that Pichu as a possible character would be a joke instead of a very real possibility like it is now.

Again I don't think cmart said anything rude, just that he left it ambiguous since maybe he and the rest of the PMBR might still be discussing (read: screaming) about his viability for another slot.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think think it might've been a friendly joke, like over time he was somewhat surprised that Pichu support suddenly came up after the clone engine was announced to work, and decided to give them something to talk about. After all, the first time Pichu was "unveiled" was way before we (or possibly even PMBR) knew the clone engine was finished, let alone existed. So in that April Fools video it was natural that Pichu as a possible character would be a joke instead of a very real possibility like it is now.

I'm nearly positive the Clone Engine was complete or close to it when that video was unveiled, just because of the amount of time that was put into Roy and Mewtwo. I don't think they could've completed the engine and completed Roy enough to show off between the Turbo Mode unveliing and Roy's reveal, and then reveal Mewtwo so soon afterward.

If this was put in for no reason (as in, Pichu isn't being considered or made), then it's cruel towards all the people who really want and are hoping for Pichu. I don't think PMBR would break their reputation as being incredibly professional by doing that to a portion of their fanbase, no matter how small.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I updated my post with the quote and right then you quoted me so I guess I edited too slow. It's up there now!
For your reference:

(1) Hit Reply.
(2) Highlight the text that appears in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page.
(3) Cut or copy it.
(4) Paste it into the Quick Reply box of the thread you'd like to reply to.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
For your reference:

(1) Hit Reply.
(2) Highlight the text that appears in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page.
(3) Cut or copy it.
(4) Paste it into the Quick Reply box of the thread you'd like to reply to.
So basically I reply then cut and paste into the thread I want? Thanks!
Like I said QQQQQQQ7777777 is the one who knows specifically where cmart's post was in the social thread, I don't go there since I like to follow a thread starting from its inception or after catching up.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Does this thread have a point anymore?

The only people who should be allowed to post in here anymore are people who haven't voted. The rest of us should just GTFO, because we are just tlking in circles about the same characters endlessly.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So basically I reply then cut and paste into the thread I want? Thanks!
Like I said QQQQQQQ7777777 is the one who knows specifically where cmart's post was in the social thread, I don't go there since I like to follow a thread starting from its inception or after catching up.
Yeah, you got it!

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Does this thread have a point anymore?

The only people who should be allowed to post in here anymore are people who haven't voted. The rest of us should just GTFO, because we are just tlking in circles about the same characters endlessly.
we should just rename thread the "Pichu in PM thread. . . . oh and a couple less important clone engine stuff"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom