• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
For anyone interested, I went through all of the pages and tallied up the score. -_-
Boredom? lol

Anti Guy, hopefully I'm not overstepping my boundaries by putting up the count, but this is what I've got.

I generally ignored ones that didn't have a score of above 5 or less than -5.

Isaac 113
Ridley 85
Lyn 60
BlackShadow/Ganondorf 49.5
Sukapon 39.5
King K. Rool 38
Dark Samus 34
Saki 32
Bowser Jr. 31
Masked Man/Claus 28.5
Dixie Kong 23
Sami 22
Samurai Goroh 16.5
Paper Mario 15.5
Andy 12
Skull Kid 12
Pokemon Trainer 6
Hector -2.5
Grey Fox -4
Krystal -7
Pichu -9
Tails -25.5
Knuckles -30
Shadow -47

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
For anyone interested, I went through all of the pages and tallied up the score. -_-
Boredom? lol

Anti Guy, hopefully I'm not overstepping my boundaries by putting up the count, but this is what I've got.

Isaac 113
Ridley 85
Lyn 60
Sukapon 39.5
King K. Rool 38
Dark Samus 34
Saki 32
Bowser Jr. 31
Masked Man/Claus 28.5
Dixie Kong 23
Sami 22
Samurai Goroh 16.5
Paper Mario 15.5
Andy 12
Skull Kid 12
Pokemon Trainer 6
Hector -2.5
Grey Fox -4
Krystal -7
Pichu -9
Tails -25.5
Knuckles -30
Shadow -47
Hooray for Sukapon being so high up there...

...But you forgot my +5 for Farth

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Boredom? lol

Isaac 113
Ridley 85
Lyn 60
Sukapon 39.5
King K. Rool 38
Dark Samus 34
Saki 32
Bowser Jr. 31
Masked Man/Claus 28.5
Dixie Kong 23
Sami 22
Samurai Goroh 16.5
Paper Mario 15.5
Andy 12
Skull Kid 12
Pokemon Trainer 6
Hector -2.5
Grey Fox -4
Krystal -7
Pichu -9
Tails -25.5
Knuckles -30
Shadow -47

You must've been really bored. But my count was much different. Either way, I was planning on updating it today anyways in honor of 3.0. There are some pretty distinct tiers now that we have a total of 168 votes in.

As usual, it'll be this format, and I've only included characters with at least 10 votes:

Name: Score (+1s, +1/2s, -1s, %)

A Tier
Isaac: 95 (95, 20, 10, 92.00%)
Ridley: 67.5 (75, 25, 20, 83.33%)
Lyn: 51.5 (60, 19, 18, 81.44%)

B Tier
Ganondorf/Black Shadow: 38.5 (59, 19, 30, 72.22%)
King K. Rool: 31.5 (30, 27, 12, 82.61%)
Dark Samus: 30 (37, 28, 21, 75.58%)
Skapon: 28 (36, 20, 18, 75.68%)
Saki: 24.5 (21, 23, 8, 84.62%)
Masked Man/Claus: 24 (21, 12, 3, 91.67%)
Bowser Jr.: 22 (27, 22, 16, 75.38%)

C Tier
Paper Mario: 12 (17, 28, 19, 70.31%)
Sami: 12 (23, 12, 17, 67.31%)
Tom Nook: 11.5 (11, 15, 7, 78.79%)
Dixie Kong: 11.5 (25, 29, 28, 65.85%)
Skull Kid: 9.5 (8, 7, 2, 88.24%)
Samurai Goroh: 9.5 (11, 19, 11, 73.17%)
Andy: 9.5 (9, 15, 7, 77.42%)

D Tier
Hector: 0.5 (7, 13, 13, 60.61%)
Tetra: 0 (8, 6, 11, 56.00%)
Plusle & Minun: -1.5 (5, 7, 10, 54.54%)
Toad: -4.5 (10, 13, 21, 52.27%)
Waluigi: -6 (18, 20, 34, 52.78%)

E Tier
Krystal: -9.5 (8, 21, 28, 50.88%)
Toon Zelda: -10.5 (6, 5, 19, 36.67%)
Pichu: -12.5 (24, 19, 46, 48.31%)

Sonic Tier
Tails: -25 (12, 14, 44, 37.14%)
Knuckles: -29.5 (9, 7, 42, 27.59%)
Shadow: -44.5 (10, 7, 58, 22.67%)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I really want another Pokemon character, but we have like seven already (and I'm sick of six of them :jigglypuff64: ) Putting that aside, I'm gonna post this anyway.

I'm gonna throw down a list of Pokemon who I think could be good representatives of the series. Since already we have a distinct Electric, Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Fighting and Normal type, I'll leave most Pokemon of those types aside (unless they're very important.)

- Pidgeotto (We dont have a pure flying type, and they have appeared throughout the series. Pidgeotto in particular was important in the anime. It would have a unique moveset, attacking with it's wings and talons. However, It would be moderately difficult to make though.)

-Gengar (A great ghost/poison type that would have a great moveset.)

-Snorlax (I really want this. We don't have any massive, slow Pokemon in the game. Imagine how he would play... Give him rest as a down-b :jigglypuff64: .)

-Skarmory (Pidgeotto, but less popular and cooler looking. I'd still rather have PIgeotto. Represents Gen II)

-Igglybuff/Riolu/Wigglytuff (They'll be what Pichu was to Pikachu on a more balanced scale, or on Wigglytuff's note, what Wolf is to Fox. Igglybuff can represent Gen II)

-Shuckle (Could have a rolling side-B like Yoshi's (unlike Jigglypuff's neutral-B) and can represent Gen II. Shuckle would just be hilarious to play as in general.)

-Golem (Rock type, easy moveset and animations (he literally has a head and four stiff limbs.)

Opinions?

EDIT: Oh hell, double post. I'm leaving it. Quotes are hard to implement when you're typing on a separate tab.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I really want another Pokemon character, but we have like seven already (and I'm sick of six of them :jigglypuff64: ) Putting that aside, I'm gonna post this anyway.

I'm gonna throw down a list of Pokemon who I think could be good representatives of the series. Since already we have a distinct Electric, Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Fighting and Normal type, I'll leave most Pokemon of those types aside (unless they're very important.)
I'm kind of a pokemon freak so I feel obligated to add that Lucario is Fighting/Steel and Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy, so Steel and Fairy types are repped as well. Also, Charizard is part Flying, and Bulbasaur is part Poison.

(Props to the PMBR for the Jigglypuff fairy wing costume nod)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
What on Earth happened to Sukapon!?!?!? Outvoted by Dark Samus AND K.Rool....

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I know this is mostly about suggestions for future Project M characters, but I learned that the current clones, use the Subspace bosses' sound banks, more specifically Duon and Galleom.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I know this is mostly about suggestions for future Project M characters, but I learned that the current clones, use the Subspace bosses' sound banks, more specifically Duon and Galleom.
So those bosses will sound like Roy and Mew2King respectively? LOL

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
You sure that was me? You linked to a video of Waluigi v Mewtwo and I've never once been opposed to Waluigi. I think he's hilarious.
Hey its you.......Its not about Waluigi. It's about including characters that have made PSAs for them. I was explaining how characters that have "Made PSAs" can be put in the game with just some tweaking Which is the point I was trying to make when I said that I took a very SPECIAL approach with my votes towards characters that 1. don't have PSAs and stuff done in for them and 2. Characters that aren't likely to be in SSB4.......You guys shot me down, talking about Project M's complicated system of sorts.....

Waluigi is a great example because I definitely want him and deserves a spot but I know for fact that theres a Complete or near-complete PSA done for him (Getting PM ready as we speak) so make the PM guys Remake another PSA from scratch when they can give that opportunity to other characters that we want in that don't have any PSAs (Because according to them, they will remake everything "from scratch")

Maybe you were having a bad day that day?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hey its you.......Its not about Waluigi. It's about including characters that have made PSAs for them. I was explaining how characters that have "Made PSAs" can be put in the game with just some tweaking Which is the point I was trying to make when I said that I took a very SPECIAL approach with my votes towards characters that 1. don't have PSAs and stuff done in for them and 2. Characters that aren't likely to be in SSB4.......You guys shot me down, talking about Project M's complicated system of sorts.....

Waluigi is a great example because I definitely want him and deserves a spot but I know for fact that theres a Complete or near-complete PSA done for him (Getting PM ready as we speak) so make the PM guys Remake another PSA from scratch when they can give that opportunity to other characters that we want in that don't have any PSAs (Because according to them, they will remake everything "from scratch")

Maybe you were having a bad day that day?
I think what they were getting mad at you about was that it sounded like you were saying the PMBR should mooch off of other peoples work to make their own lives easier. I don`t know if that actually is the case as I don`t remember you posting here at all, but that would be my guess.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm kind of a pokemon freak so I feel obligated to add that Lucario is Fighting/Steel and Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy, so Steel and Fairy types are repped as well. Also, Charizard is part Flying, and Bulbasaur is part Poison.

(Props to the PMBR for the Jigglypuff fairy wing costume nod)
I only used the primary types because I felt we could still have another pokemon with one of the current one's secondary types.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna change my votes or anything, but I was thinking it'd be pretty cool if they just gave us villains for the majority of the remaining slots.

Black Knight, Dark Samus, Claus, K'Rool, and Issac, just because we still need him.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hey so roy got the gunflame.
We need some character to reference some other obscure FG reference.

Mayhaps Isaac can do a POWAH WAVE
jk

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't have expected Isaac to be the most requested character. Because Ridley. But speaking of, I don't see the problem in using an already made PSA as a base (with permission) for a PM build. As long as the original creator is cool with it it would save a LOT of time in implementing characters will full or almost complete PSAs (Ridley, Waluigi, Grey Fox, etc). I won't think it would be mooching at all, and I would imagine that most creators would be fine with it, specially if theyre specifically balancing a build for PM anyway.

The best, most complete (IMO) non-PM PSAs that I use in my non-PM build are Ridley (who has an epic meta ridley skin), Waluigi, and Geno who are all very polished.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If we're going to talk about Pokemon, then Pokemon Trainer should return as a character of his own. :p

But until that happens... I'm going to pretend he got turned into a Pikachu like Ash at some point, and main Pika with PT's hat.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isaac, Ridley, and Lyn are definitely the Big 3.

Assuming those three do end up getting in, my guess the other two will be:
- A Mario or DK character (one of these two series definitely could use another character)
- A new franchise character (Sami, Sukapon, Saki, and possibly Tom Nook)

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I wouldn't have expected Isaac to be the most requested character. Because Ridley.
I'm fairly certain that Ridley is only so much lower than Isaac because Dark Samus was brought up as an "easier" alternative for a Metroid rep. Quite a few people upvoted Dark Samus and half voted Ridley (sometimes even downvoted Ridley) only for the sake of simplicity in regards of a Metroid rep. If Dark Samus wasn't in the OP (or wasn't made out to be so much easier to add), then Ridley would definitely be MUCH closer to Isaac, if not overtaking him entirely.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm fairly certain that Ridley is only so much lower than Isaac because Dark Samus was brought up as an "easier" alternative for a Metroid rep. Quite a few people upvoted Dark Samus and half voted Ridley (sometimes even downvoted Ridley) only for the sake of simplicity in regards of a Metroid rep. If Dark Samus wasn't in the OP (or wasn't made out to be so much easier to add), then Ridley would definitely be MUCH closer to Isaac, if not overtaking him entirely.
Yep. Keep in mind too that a lot of people also are expecting Ridley for Smash 4 (look at how much that reasoning has hurt otherwise popular characters like Dixie Kong, Little Mac, and Palutena). This makes Ridley's placement all the more impressive.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I have never quite understood the Little Mac hype.

Was punch out THAT good?

Seems like a fairly generic fighter if you ask me but meh, /Sm4sh talk

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Popular among Smash fans or popular in terms of sales and money?

I can't imagine Punch-out has sold more then Sin and Punishment, Golden Sun, Battalion Wars, Scribble Knots, etc.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I have never quite understood the Little Mac hype.

Was punch out THAT good?

Seems like a fairly generic fighter if you ask me but meh, /Sm4sh talk
To be fair, it's not really a fighter.
In terms of gameplay, it's more along the lines of simplistic strategy.
I'm sure nostalgia is talking for most people when they say they want Little Mac, but I genuinely like the prospect of a boxer in a Smash setting.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman

I can't imagine Punch-out has sold more then Sin and Punishment, Golden Sun, Battalion Wars, Scribble Knots, etc.
It sold very well in arcades and on the Nintendo, but sales on the Wii were about a quarter of a million... so not great.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Both. Punch-Out is incredibly popular among Smash Bros. fans as well as being a major sales success (Punch-Out NES and Punch-Out both sold extremely well, with the latter being one of the few Nintendo Select titles without Mario or Wii in the title).

Sin & Punishment has never been a sales success. It did decent on the Virtual Console, but S&P1 bombed very hard in Japan, and S&P2 bombed hard everywhere.

By Battalion Wars I assume you mean Advance Wars. Advance Wars does sell decently, but only in the West.

Scribblenauts is not a Nintendo franchise, its third-party.

Golden Sun is the only other franchise that might rival Punch-Out.

Mii/WiiSports/Wii Play/WiiParty/FriendsCollection in terms of sales is in a tier all its own. It has sold better than every other Nintendo franchise except Mario and Pokemon.

It sold very well in arcades and on the Nintendo, but sales on the Wii were about a quarter of a million... so not great.
Nope. That was only the debut month. It has sold over a million copies since its 2009 release.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Makes me sad to see Skull Kid so low. :c Hopefully support for him increases or someone in the P:MBR really likes him.

Happy thousandth post to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom