• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm not saying Rayman doesn't fit into the Smash Universe. He's got character and he seems like a perfect fit.

He's just not that iconic to me to be an actual fighter. Assist Trophy I'll accept, even if it's weird.

If this is hinting a Ubisoft character, then there's possibility.

It's weird, even though Rayman fits the bill as top choice from Ubisoft, I'd still rather see someone else... like Prince.

Sorry I answered. :(
Sorry, I fell asleep....

Hmm, iconic? I dunno, maybe youre right. Maybe he isnt iconic enough, but he would be a perfect fit for Smash and Sakurai does seem to like Rayman, at least according to this PotD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just though of another reason why Rayman absolutely HAS to be playable:

Perfect HYPE music.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Actually, Kirby has had an angry expression in the first Super Smash Bros..
Yep. I think he in general prefers to be simple-minded - because man, ain't he really expressionless/neutral to most htings despite looking so cute:

upload_2014-7-14_15-37-2.jpeg

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rayman is basically responsible for bringing cartoon quality animation into video games, with his very first game. It had professional French animators work on the game, which was unheard of at the time.

He's really important in video game history for that alone.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I actually really hope it's Rayman/Shulk.

Or at least we get Rayman as DLC. He totally deserves it and he'd be such a kick ass addition.

Listening to that Rayman music though? I can totally see an epic trailer for both him and Shulk.

That way we get one of the Sal 3 out of the way, but we also get something that proves there are more newcomers than Sal's.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I actually really hope it's Rayman/Shulk.

Or at least we get Rayman as DLC. He totally deserves it and he'd be such a kick *** addition.

Listening to that Rayman music though? I can totally see an epic trailer for both him and Shulk.

That way we get one of the Sal 3 out of the way, but we also get something that proves there are more newcomers than Sal's.
This would be the best thing, as everyone would be happy. I feel kind of mean for hoping that it isn't Shulk because I know that there are people who want him.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This would be the best thing, as everyone would be happy. I feel kind of mean for hoping that it isn't Shulk because I know that there are people who want him.
I want him but if we're only getting 3 more newcomers or only 3 more reveals before release. He was probably not one of the better bets to use for Hype. Not considering some of the newcomers that are already revealed.

The remaining 3 would be such a fizzle to the hype and I say that as somebody who wants Shulk and is intrigued by the Chorus Men.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, if any of you guys have played Rayman Legends, you'll know that his moveset there was basically made for Smash. His Rayman Legends moveset would cover all of his A button attacks, and his specials and grabs could reference the original trilogy.

Also, it could also mean we could beat up Rabbids in Smash Run. :demon:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Do not feel discontent with your own perspective. Objectively, we are going to get a reveal. It is irrelevant that you are not hoping for Shulk. It is not necessarily up to you. They should, could, and will blame Sakurai. Think about it this way, a lot of people want a lot of different characters. You can never please everyone.
:dazwa:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
i have doubts about rayman due to him being shown as a trophy before anything else. i dont believe sakurai would reveal a character like that but i guess who knows it just seems too out there for a major character reveal like that

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Looking at todays update, what if the person that leaked the Chorus men... got them mixed up and confused with these guys:
:troll:

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Rayman's reveal would be so much more epic than it sounds.

Hey, Rayman is a trophy! Awesome!

*rayman gets bored then starts fighting*

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Do not feel discontent with your own perspective. Objectively, we are going to get a reveal. It is irrelevant that you are not hoping for Shulk. It is not necessarily up to you. They should, could, and will blame Sakurai. Think about it this way, a lot of people want a lot of different characters. You can never please everyone.
:dazwa:
I'm just saying that I feel kinda mean for wanting against something that a lot of people here would find pleasure in.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
All I can see outside is a big big MOON but is not any moon not even close to the majoras mask moon. Am only seeing is a GIANT moon with the face of Sakurai. When that thing crash, the world would be turn into trophies then exploded and...

And a new character revealed and the world reborn itself and everyone is start complain about our favorite leaker, Gematsu Leak.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I'm just saying that I feel kinda mean for wanting against something that a lot of people here would find pleasure in.
i understand i really dislike k. rool i have since dkc 1 and really dont want him in the game but if he is its fine i get another punching bag i guess :p

domokl

Smash Lord
And that would explain having the livestream to himself because rayman is a third party character. Though it could be for a number of other reasons

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If they are playable, I hope your reasoning doesn't become the reason to keep the leaks alive
Not entirely sure what your saying here. Maybe it's because I just woke up but, just to clarify:

I'm joking :b:
Honestly at this point i can careless about speculation, I just wanna play the game.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Rayman would be cool, but the pic description makes me think this is just a tribute. Counting on Shulk so I can see Chuggaa's reaction.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dude, though what if we open on Shulk digging through stuff and he comes across a Rayman trophy. He gives it a bit of an odd look. Throws it aside. Rayman comes alive.

MORTALLLLL KOMBBBBATTTTTT......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom