• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Mii!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Lame lame lamee lame laaammme lamercakes!

If there is going to be a boxer, it should be Little Mac. In any case, Miis are just plain and simple dumb. I'd rather have a real Nintendo character not some lame eggheaded freak with generic moves.

And besides, this moveset basically sounds like one for Mike Jones, who would be way more awesome then a Mii.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Lame lame lamee lame laaammme lamercakes!

If there is going to be a boxer, it should be Little Mac. In any case, Miis are just plain and simple dumb. I'd rather have a real Nintendo character not some lame eggheaded freak with generic moves.

And besides, this moveset basically sounds like one for Mike Jones, who would be way more awesome then a Mii.
Mii wouldn't have to have a moveset based purely on Wii Sports (though that would be fine) they could also go with games like Wii Play. Cow Racing? Tank driving? This stuff is gold.

Miis are in a ton of games, from Wario Ware to the upcoming Wii Music, so I have no doubt that Sakurai can devise a suitably unique moveset for him.

Plus, haven't we all wanted to see Venom and Mr. Rogers duke it out?

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
I probably should have put Wii Play into acount with this moveset, and made the tennis move and the baseball move a smash attack much like peach's. I might edit the set later, but for now I think it's alright.

EDIT: I actually think leaving it all Wii Sports is better, because it's more popular, and I don't really see how Cow Racing, Tank Driving, Ping Pong, that target thing, fishing, air hockey, and the other Wii Play things could be integrated into a moveset.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I'll come up with some A-moves.

a-a-a: jab cross hook. (wii Boxing)
f-tilt: swings a baseball bat. Faster but weaker than ness's f'smash.
d-tilt: bends over and pokes the guy's feet with a pool cue. (9-ball in wii play)
u-tilt: swings tennis racket over head. (wii tennis)
f-smash: swings a golf club at the enemy. (wii golf)
d-smash: hits with bowling pins on either side of him.
u-smash: uppercut. (wii boxing)

no idea for arials.

grab. Throws out a fishing line to hook the enemy and pulls him in.
(fishing in wii play)

Final smash. Mii parade. this is really more of a stampede than a parade. a bunch of miis appear at random positions on the stage, run to the other side, and jump off, damaging all enemies in their path.

I know the moves could be better, but that's all I could come up with.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
I'll come up with some A-moves.

a-a-a: jab cross hook. (wii Boxing)
f-tilt: swings a baseball bat. Faster but weaker than ness's f'smash.
d-tilt: bends over and pokes the guy's feet with a pool cue. (9-ball in wii play)
u-tilt: swings tennis racket over head. (wii tennis)
f-smash: swings a golf club at the enemy. (wii golf)
d-smash: hits with bowling pins on either side of him.
u-smash: uppercut. (wii boxing)

no idea for arials.

grab. Throws out a fishing line to hook the enemy and pulls him in.
(fishing in wii play)

Final smash. Mii parade. this is really more of a stampede than a parade. a bunch of miis appear at random positions on the stage, run to the other side, and jump off, damaging all enemies in their path.

I know the moves could be better, but that's all I could come up with.

Great stuff! Better than what I thought of, mut the Mii Parade idea I already posted in my moveset.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
If Miis are the new Wireframes in the single player mode (in addition to being a playable character) perhaps they will choose something different for the Final Smash. The Tank from Wii Play, perhaps?
Perhaps, but I can't see Mii's being the new wireframe, proabably because the wireframes were loosely based off of certain PCs, and having them as wireframes would ruin the surprise of unlocking them yourself.

As for the Final Smash, I have a strange feeling that characters will have more than one of them. That would add some customization, and make it so the devs don't have to pick and choose specific ones. Some people are probably going to say that this won't happen, seeing as on smashbros dojo they didn't say it would, but according to smash bros dojo characters also only have two special moves, not four, so im hoping here.

BlueBandanaJake

Smash Cadet
Ft. Lauderdale FL by day, Homestead FL by night
I apologize if this was said already, but I think I know how they'll put a Mii in the roster:

It'll be Shigeru Mii-amoto.

...I mean, think about it: he said he had a 1% chance of making it in the game (though... that is a slim chance isnt it?) But this makes all kinds of sense. Miyamoto is all about the Miis, what better way to represent himself and his passion for games than have a Mii for him as the DEFAULT Mii in the game.

I'd guess they'd allow for you to use your own custom already-on-your-Wii Miis (or perhaps, on-your-Wii-mote Miis) as well.

It's crazy....so crazy it just might work!

jamiej91

Smash Rookie
Brilliant! That would be a great addition! It shouldn't be too hard to add Miis into the game; select 'Mii' on the character select screen, choose a Mii from your Wiimote, play!

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
LMFAO!!! I would love that. Can you imagine the zany-ness that would occur? You could create the strangest smashers, or just beat up on someone you hate. It would be entertaining at the least, ya know?

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Just picture the Mii's final smash. All the Miis from the Mii plaza and the Mii parade stampede onto the stage, each riding a cow similar to the one found in Wii Play. Total chaos. Miis for Brawl!!!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Miis would be an awesom addition!

A move set could be:
^B: A Wii-mote hand would grab their head as they comically squirm around and they're
thrown upwards, delivering damadge to those they hit.

</>B: A punch from the Boxing Glove like in Wii Sports that would deal quite a bit of
damage, not as much as Cap's Falcon Punch, but more than a halfway charged DK
Punch.

vB: A bowling ball is rolled across the floor and if in midair it is thrown. The bowling ball will
serve a little more damage than Yoshi's Egg Roll but will go a little slower.

B: They swing a bat which will hurt charactrers hit, it will be a bit less powerful then Kirby's
hammer.

Grab: A swing of the fishing rod that they reel in and then toss the character in a simple fling
in the desired direction.

Taunt: Their little pose when they are dropped into the Mii Plaza after being created (Disco
Baby!)

Smash: Mii Parade. Thousands of Miis Parade across the stage to the familliar music.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i dont think Miis are all that bad an idea...
if they all had the same stats...
you could have tournaments where everyone had to play as Miis...
that would determine who really is the best at Brawl...
i doubt that would happen though...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm not a fan of the Mii idea. For a minute, the opportunity to play as a customized character seemed neat, but I don't think it's right for a game like SSB. The point of the game is being able to play as ready-made characters that you already know and love. Aside from the gameplay, that's essentially what separates Smash from other fighting games. I just think it would be awkward to see 4 little versions of me and my friends running around in a game that's meant for Nintendo All-Stars (and, ahem, guests such as Snake...). As diverse and off-beat as Smash is, a Mii is just one of those things that honestly just doesn't belong, imo.

Also, Miis look clunky and odd. For their purposes, they're fine, but I wouldn't want to FIGHT with something like that.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of the Mii idea. For a minute, the opportunity to play as a customized character seemed neat, but I don't think it's right for a game like SSB. The point of the game is being able to play as ready-made characters that you already know and love. Aside from the gameplay, that's essentially what separates Smash from other fighting games. I just think it would be awkward to see 4 little versions of me and my friends running around in a game that's meant for Nintendo All-Stars (and, ahem, guests such as Snake...). As diverse and off-beat as Smash is, a Mii is just one of those things that honestly just doesn't belong, imo.

Also, Miis look clunky and odd. For their purposes, they're fine, but I wouldn't want to FIGHT with something like that.
These are pretty much my thoughts exactly. A Mii would seem horribly out of place in Smash.... it isn't a true character; it's an avatar. It would seem stupid to see the 3d equivalent of a customized stick figure fighting with highly detailed models of established all-stars, and it would be COMPLETELY ******** to see a match with 4 Miis. The Smash roster should be fairly exclusive, and a Mii just does not belong.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I agree that Miis are what's the word... out of place, foriegn, stranger than WW Link take your pick, when compared to those like Snake and Link. But when you have a pink puffball, an electric rat, a middle aged plumber that can shoot fireballs out of his hands, and an anthropomorphic fox from space it doesn't seem farfetched. Add that to the fact that the Mii Channel is becoming highly addictive and Wii Sports and Wii Play are flying off of the shelves you cannot deny that the boys upstairs aren't considering the idea.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yes but the pink puffball, electric rat, Italian plumber and anthropomorphic Fox are all real characters from real games. Miis are now.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
I think people against Miis are too focused on what they think smash SHOULD be instead of COULD be.

And if they're in they'll probably have set body sizes with only the heads changing.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I think people against Miis are too focused on what they think smash SHOULD be instead of COULD be.
What does that even mean? Are you conceding that Smash COULD include Miis, but SHOULDN'T?

Smash COULD be a lot of things. Why focus on anything but what it SHOULD be?

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Sorry this is kinda off topic and sorry again if someone has said this but.

What would be kirby's hat for the mii?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
It seems one of the main concerns here is how the Miis would look in Brawl. Many anti-Mii arguments involve the clunky, basic body's that the Mii's have in the Mii Plaza and Wii Sports. Well, here's the thing: Beyond the color of the shirt, the body of the Mii is completely up to whoever chooses to use put them in their game. Have you ever seen Miis in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves? They have the Mii's head (which, incidentally, is rendered much better than usual), on a much more detailed body, with fully visible and articulate arms, legs, fingers, sleeves, etc. Take a look for yourself here. It's not much of a stretch to imagine Sakurai-san's team could create a body that fits beautifully into the rest of Brawl's aesthetics. A Mii character could still look as awesome as the rest, just with a customizable face.

In short, Mii for Brawl! (It's fun just to say that. =P)

Sorry this is kinda off topic and sorry again if someone has said this but.

What would be kirby's hat for the mii?
That... is a very good question...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I agree that Miis are what's the word... out of place, foriegn, stranger than WW Link take your pick, when compared to those like Snake and Link. But when you have a pink puffball, an electric rat, a middle aged plumber that can shoot fireballs out of his hands, and an anthropomorphic fox from space it doesn't seem farfetched. Add that to the fact that the Mii Channel is becoming highly addictive and Wii Sports and Wii Play are flying off of the shelves you cannot deny that the boys upstairs aren't considering the idea.
That's why I said that, as diverse as Smash is with it's characters, Miis fall into the very small category of "What doesn't fit". At least, that's what I think.

I guess my main point is this. Sure, Miis are fine. They COULD be in Brawl. There's some potential for a move set, and if you get desperate, I guess their heads could act as Kirby's hat (as weird as that would look). But, they're NOT characters. They don't have backstory, they don't have a unique personality, they, individually, don't have FANS. There's nothing about them that drives me to want to use them. Just about the only thing they offer is the ability to somewhat put yourself into the game. Which I could care less about, especially in a game like Smash.

But to each their own, I suppose.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
If Miis are playable characters, I would guess that the kirby hat would be a mask of the Mii's face that kirby sucked up. That would look pretty strange though.... =p

Stryks

Smash Hero
True or maybe kirbys mouth and eyes would be changed to the miis, and kirby would gain the hair and nose, and whatever extras the mii has...

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
True or maybe kirbys mouth and eyes would be changed to the miis, and kirby would gain the hair and nose, and whatever extras the mii has...
That seems way more likely. It would be really weird to see Kirby with a Mii's facial features. :chuckle: It just makes me want miis more for a playable character, just so I can see Kirby. :laugh:

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Mii's will be the new WIRE FRAMES or FIGHTING POLYGONs. Period.

And maybe you could in fact use them in game.
Yes, you'll finally be able to beat up your friends, family, celebrities, random people you've seen in video games, movies, TV, and of course, yourself with your favorite Nintendo characters!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Miis would be a great idea, but very unlikely to appear. But we can all dream or for crazy people, cross your fingers. I'd love to beat up a Paris Hilton or Britney Spears Mii!:chuckle:

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
What I don't get is how people have come to the conclusion that Miis can't be in because they have no backstory. The character's individual story has no place in Smash Bros other than to give you something to read next to their trophy. Besides, it's not like there's never been a character without a history in Smash. If you could provide me with an intricate detailing of Mr. Game & Watch's personal history, then I will concede that a history and personality is necessary, and withdraw my support for Miis in Brawl.

Anything? Anyone?

I didn't think so.

Now that I think about it, Miis are exactly the same as Mr. Game & Watch. A non-character character that can act both as a stand-alone entity and a representation of an entire Nintendo system. For Mr. Game & Watch it was the Game & Watch, and for Mii it's the Wii.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
G&W is a real character that appeared in several games, not a low-detail customizable avatar.

And the lack of a backstory was only ONE reason given why Miis do not belong in Melee. This is a game for Nintendo All-Stars, and Miis are not even real characters, let alone All-Stars.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
G&W is a real character that appeared in several games, not a low-detail customizable avatar
No. No he's not. The 'character' that appeared in all of those game and watch games was always physically different in each one, made separate each time to fit whatever would work best for that particular games limitations. Mr. Game & Watch is, for all intents and purposes, an original character in Melee, given a generic G&W-esque physique and moves from several different G&W titles. As I said before, Mr. Game & Watch isn't a true character, but more of a representation of the Game & Watch system as a whole. The same holds true for Miis and the Wii.

Top Bottom