• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(New)ChallengerApproaching! Roy!(Moved to LSTForums, Decloned RoyV1 is out)

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
Ah. Thany :D
1. I Love that new stock icons
2. i have seen you put my port over diddy i was gonna say you that but not nessesary now :3
3. Those CPS I Love theme SJS Make that ones he tell me in KC-MM
4. I F*cuking love that entry :DDD
5. I Love the new moveset also the taunts are f*cking awesome :DDD
Awesome Job, Thany!

Ok Thany see a video i made that is about some animation that are missing that is the Scope Charge and when roy holds something like the flower or the gun

Flower Or Gun Animation: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3z0xo4oufii3h5s (Video Inside)
Scope Animation: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7vg7fa676y83y6j

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Thanks for the update Thany, but I have a question:

How would you get the Brsar to work (I had Gecko and realized that it only worked with Riivo >.< )? I have it under music (ie X:brawlmods\music).

I don't know if I did something wrong or not because before Riivo (when I fought a random character, Ike, or another hacked Character) there would be no audio for roy, but if I fought anyone else his voice would be there (albeit similar to Marth's, which isn't the problem).

After Riivo all his audio works (Marth's audio). So... yeah. I'm guessing I did something right... But I did something wrong?

EDIT: I found a glitch/bug. When fighting as Roy vs (I only tried these): Mario and Gannondorf, some of his FX are white (his entrance FX the ring, isn't there and all the orange/red slashes are white). He works fine vs Ike, Link, Marth, and Dedede. Just an FYI. Like all the updates!

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
Is Coming To An End...

Drogoth Check you're .xml

Thany... This is the end now 2 animation missingand just 5 GFX we need to edit...
so let start:

In Animation The Missing Are:
When roy get's something like A Flower or a Gun: Flower Or Gun Animation: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3z0xo4oufii3h5s
Scope Animation: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7vg7fa676y83y6j

In GFX Is Missing This:

All First Right B (Red)

All Second Right B, Right B Up, Right B Down (Green)

All Third Right B, Right B Up, Right B Down (Blue)

All Four Right B, Right B Up, Right B Down (Red like 1 one)

And the last one: Roy closes his eyes when he does Neutral B:

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the update Thany, but I have a question:

How would you get the Brsar to work (I had Gecko and realized that it only worked with Riivo >.< )? I have it under music (ie X:brawlmods\music).

Sadly, the BRSAR can only be used when running Riivolution. There was a version of the File Patch Code for Gecko that could sorta support it, but it was very buggy and it messed with other hacks.

I don't know if I did something wrong or not because before Riivo (when I fought a random character, Ike, or another hacked Character) there would be no audio for roy, but if I fought anyone else his voice would be there (albeit similar to Marth's, which isn't the problem).

Uhh...Well, if you use a .rel to have Roy over someone other than Marth and then you fight another Marth PSA, both PSAs draw their GFX from the whichever one is loaded first, and when one of them is KO'd, then all the other Marth PSA's in the match will lose the SFX and sometimes GFX.

Or if it's a 1 vs 1 match, after the match if you don't, say....Select another character, then go back to being Roy so it can re-load his stuff, then you'll run into the same issue, odds are. (At least that's what I do to fix tings after fighting Marth through random as Roy. I tend to leave my character select icon selected on another character for a few seconds, the put it back on Roy.)

EDIT: I found a glitch/bug. When fighting as Roy vs (I only tried these): Mario and Gannondorf, some of his FX are white (his entrance FX the ring, isn't there and all the orange/red slashes are white). He works fine vs Ike, Link, Marth, and Dedede. Just an FYI. Like all the updates!
Mmm. This is the same GFX stealing trouble mentioned above. No one's really sure how to fix the .rel ports' issues with GFX and SFX being silly like this, sadly ;__;

@Infernape99:

Well, I was going to leave the rest of the item animations alone(Well....I ~may~ make a unique homerun bat animation...) as each item animation has quite a few animations tied to them, so I'd be editing a lot of stuff...(Like for using it while running, while standing still, while jumping, etc)
...Plus, most of the characters in Brawl tend to share the majority of item animations anyway.

...Then again, it's just a simple edit of the upper body...Hmm...We'll see. If there's space left, I might do this after all.(Even though Roy'd be using the Super Scope wrong, it'd still look cool. Awesome but impractical.)

But you do bring up a good point about the colour-changing thing for Side B. I'll see if I can implement that for the next release. (I was wondering if anyone else would remember about that in Melee.)

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
@Infernape99:

Well, I was going to leave the rest of the item animations alone(Well....I ~may~ make a unique homerun bat animation...) as each item animation has quite a few animations tied to them, so I'd be editing a lot of stuff...(Like for using it while running, while standing still, while jumping, etc)
...Plus, most of the characters in Brawl tend to share the majority of item animations anyway.

...Then again, it's just a simple edit of the upper body...Hmm...We'll see. If there's space left, I might do this after all.(Even though Roy'd be using the Super Scope wrong, it'd still look cool. Awesome but impractical.)

But you do bring up a good point about the colour-changing thing for Side B. I'll see if I can implement that for the next release. (I was wondering if anyone else would remember about that in Melee.)
Ok =3 And remember roy closes his eyes when he does Neutral B :)

•Col•

Smash Champion
So, uh... This might seem stupid, but I use purely aesthetic hacks for Brawl... And I absolutely loved Roy in melee... So of course I've been using texture/vertex hacks of Marth for him. And so I've been perfectly happy with what I've had so far, until the other day I found this vertex hack...

It looks SO awesome... But the only thing is., when I tried it out, everything worked nicely, except the Nair looks a little wonky and his Bair COMPLETELY messes up and changes the move entirely... I don't suppose there's some sort of fix for this? :( I don't want to go back to my old textures now after seeing this new one in action...

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
So, uh... This might seem stupid, but I use purely aesthetic hacks for Brawl... And I absolutely loved Roy in melee... So of course I've been using texture/vertex hacks of Marth for him. And so I've been perfectly happy with what I've had so far, until the other day I found this vertex hack...

It looks SO awesome... But the only thing is., when I tried it out, everything worked nicely, except the Nair looks a little wonky and his Bair COMPLETELY messes up and changes the move entirely... I don't suppose there's some sort of fix for this? :( I don't want to go back to my old textures now after seeing this new one in action...
Yeah i WAS having this problem, it is the vertex messes up all the animation, Colaya i will upload the FitMarth's so you can play perfectly :)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if I recall correctly that Roy comes with an edited Fitmotion file where they resize him by tinkering with his YRotN bone.

Doing so will cause any and all animations that use that particular bone to mess up a little. The rolling dodge would also do so(as well as many other animations that tend to involve spinning, or rotating, etc.

Useful for making specific vertexes the proper size in the case of just wanting Roy as a Marth costume, but it does come with certain animations issues, too, sadly.
(Also, I'm not certain how one can make animations apply to single costumes. I've seen it before, but oh well...)

200th post. Yay.

EDIT

Wait! I remember the solution to this issue, Colaya! I did it to fix my YoungLinkV2 vertex by Pik and the best looking Pichu vertex that I've seen.

You just need to open up the model in Brawlbox and rename the YRotN bone back to its regular name.(It's the bone in the bone list that comes directly after
XRotN. On that Roy, I believe they have it named
"YRoyN"...Heh heh.)

This was how I had YoungLink use his sword spin correctly, and how many of Pichu's animations worked better after putting it back to normal.

xZedkiel

Smash Rookie
It would be perfect if there was a Roy SFX over Yoshi and Roy could use Yoshi's SFX, then Marth could keep his SFX! :D But alas, that would take tooo much time. x.x

•Col•

Smash Champion
Actually, if I recall correctly that Roy comes with an edited Fitmotion file where they resize him by tinkering with his YRotN bone.

Doing so will cause any and all animations that use that particular bone to mess up a little. The rolling dodge would also do so(as well as many other animations that tend to involve spinning, or rotating, etc.

Useful for making specific vertexes the proper size in the case of just wanting Roy as a Marth costume, but it does come with certain animations issues, too, sadly.
(Also, I'm not certain how one can make animations apply to single costumes. I've seen it before, but oh well...)

200th post. Yay.

EDIT

Wait! I remember the solution to this issue, Colaya! I did it to fix my YoungLinkV2 vertex by Pik and the best looking Pichu vertex that I've seen.

You just need to open up the model in Brawlbox and rename the YRotN bone back to its regular name.(It's the bone in the bone list that comes directly after
XRotN. On that Roy, I believe they have it named
"YRoyN"...Heh heh.)

This was how I had YoungLink use his sword spin correctly, and how many of Pichu's animations worked better after putting it back to normal.
First off, just wanna say thanks for the help... But I just tried renaming the bone, and it made the entire texture invisible and made the gun run much slower than usual. D:

Sucks.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Here you go Colaya, I fixed it. This should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bp7r4is8n229cuu

Also, I learned how to do vertexing the other day, so I can edit Roy's sword glow to be more-so in the shape of his sword and not Marth's.

Maybe other things, too...Heh heh...

Also, for the SFX issue, I want to have Roy's SFX be recorded over SSE ones, but that leads to some complications...

First of all, I have no idea what the soundbank mod codes would be for SSE, be it random enemies, or bosses, or anything ;__;

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This moveset is so awesome. =D (Aside from Roy being heavy as hell and making me laugh when I fight against him xD)

If only there had been a properly released Brawl Styled Roy pack with recolors based off of Pik's texture of Beyond's model outside of the Ike port with renamed bones. :<

...Oh wait. ¦D http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24307

Now all I need is a Marth .rel so I can port this little badboy over to Pit. ¦3

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Glad to hear you enjoy it. My toiling since January is paying off :3

(Not sure if he can be ported to Pit, though. Marth's .rel is rather picky.)

And on the topic of recolours, I had made my own brawlified recolours quite a while ago, but didn't feel I should bother releasing them, given the abundance of Roy recolours that exist already...I don't want my favourite Smash Bros character becoming a Shadow....*shudder*

But after some things, I've decided to release them...But these are going to be more than just recolours...

I've only done about 5 PSA related bits of work since December 1st's release, but the rest of my time was occupyed by this little beauty I'm working on. Here are some previews;

Rounder, larger, more correctly shaped shoulder pads, Smaller rounded chest armour and smaller plate, side armour bits, the sheathe, the collar is more open(but in this preview it is a little too high up) , the little
rectangular straps that appear to hold Marth's shoulder armour on have be shrunk out of existance and moved in the middle of his torso and the side-sheathe loop has been reshaped and moved.

The horse spurs now also are on the backs of his boots, the deformed sole of one of his boots is fixed, and some minor touchups.

The faces(and his left eye, and FS left eye) have been fixed and made symmetrical. Plus I made the hurt face more unique from Marth's. It's his hurt expression from Melee :3(But with the eyes switched, a la
most of the Brawl casts' hurt faces)

(There's still more than what I've shown, but those are the changes from the previews I have listed.)

Yep! I learned how to vertex! :3 Aren't I such an anal retentive perfectionist? I'm taking BeyondYou's RoyV3 and giving it some detail touchups and fixes and stuff :3 (Also a sheathe; but this will be optional.
Also, it'll be packed with my recolours.)

Merry Early Christmas, to those who celebrate and Happy Holidays to those who don't~
(This will need to stay in Thany Claus's workshop a li'l longer before it is done, though. About a week longer at max.)

Ho ho ho~!

EDIT

Funny thing was, I was just going to fix his faces. Glad I got carried away :3c

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Let's not quote a giant post full of pictures just to say less than 15 words, please.

Looks good, Thany. Congrats on leveling-up your hackin' skills. Hopefully it won't be lost when importing works 100%.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Glad to hear you enjoy it. My toiling since January is paying off :3

(Not sure if he can be ported to Pit, though. Marth's .rel is rather picky.)

No worries, I managed to port him to Diddy with him working fully. :3

Having Marth, Roy, Ike, Cloud and Sephiroth all at once is awesome. XD Roy vs Sephiroth is really epic for some reason.

Nice work on the facial expressions by the way. Very nice. :3

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, I know.

I was actually helping him out with some of the details here and there(plus my post there also shows a few more little touch up suggestions.)

That was another reason I wanted to fix the faces. His model combines both parts from BY's vertex and actual Melee parts,, like the headband, the properly shaped armour, the back plate, sheathe, etc.
However, it appears to use the face of the Brawl vertex. Going with the Melee face would mean making 4 new faces from scratch to match it, as well as "carving" eye sockets for them so it can "emote" like a regular Marth model can, but it's quite a bit less time consuming to use the Brawl faces I have fixed up for it :3 (Plus, not doing the faces would feel...Well, my eye for detail would be a little sore, to say x__x )

I'm stilll going to finish my vertex(RoyV4, I guess?) Given how model imports are still tricky and new, and if not done correctly look...Awkward in both shading and certain rigging related troubles, not to mention things like FS eyes and Metal textures...(And the polygon count that one must be aware of to prevent lag, but Melee models were lower in vertices and polygons and all that, so I'd say there's little risk of that happening.)

Plus, it's good for practice, despite my stepping into the vertexing scene a little late ^_^'
I do have a newly shaped Swordglow vertexed for Roy as well. Just needs a minor texture edit, shape-wise.

(Plus, Vert has told me that he himself would not be rigging Roy, and that he would have him available for anyone who wishes to take up the task, much like the other Fire Emblem models he has)

On the topic of my Roy vertex, I only need to make some adjustments to his chest plate, and his shadow. Mewtwo2000 has edited the shadow of one of his imports, and Roy having Marth's shadow always really irked me ;___;
But the shadow actually does require you treat it as a semi-import. But I can skip rigging the new Roy shadow over the Marth shadow, that's the only difference >:3c
(Now if only I could get it to export correctly from Autodesk 2011 or for BBox v0.65 to save...)

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
export it like this:

1. press export in the drop down green box thing
2. export it as a .DAE file
3. now a box will show up…check these boxes
-animation
-deformation
-skins
-convert geometry as bones
-triangulate
-single matrix
- y-up
it should export without any error

Infernape99

Smash Cadet
First to download that :D
look awesome :D
nice, thany :)
also thany if u can remember in melee roy sheathe dosent appear in battle only in result screen victory taunts we need to do that...

Thany

Smash Journeyman
That would defeat the purpose of the sheathed version, given how many wanted his sheathe present at all times, in battle or the results screen.

Also...

I don't want anymore people uploading this PSA of mine to Brawl Vault.

I will upload it there when it is finished. This recent upload, literally, took the December 1st release in its entirety and was put on the vault.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24913&Moderated=All&facebook=true

The costumes I'm not bothered with, but the animation and PSA work is something I really don't want to be taken and uploaded by others. It's okay to use the animations for your own PSA work, but not this.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Goodness I was busy.

Good to see we have an upgrade to the Kirby hat model :3 (Although, its headband and sword textures are upside down, but that's a quick fix.)

Seems like a quick and easy way to snag the Melee hair for that vertex/import hybrid of Roy...Now if only Autodesk 2011 would allow me to import it correctly. Hoping that I hear back from Vert about it again soon... x__x

But anyway, I've been working on Roy's final smash over the course of...Uh...I think the past week or so? I'm making the power-up one first, but it's...Proving to be a tad problematic thus far.

Well, he does the "power up" animation just fine, but afterwards he just freezes in one spot and someone else NEEDS to hit him so he can resume movement. (Which, is better than what I did to it previously, sorta. He didn't freeze during the grounded one, using it in the air would cause him to fall through solid ground afterwards...)
He essentially "keeps" the smashball, meaning that he'll still has the yellow eyes and aura, and he has to be KO'd to lose the effects and allow another smashball to appear, but pressing B results in Flare Blade instead of using the FS again.
Also, he keeps the powerup effects until the end of the match...But I think it's a grand start so far. :3

Although, in true Fire Emblem critical hit fashion, making the damage be x3 will cause him to KO anyone with the strength of a max power Flare Blade with his F-smash...I'll have to reduce the damage upping to x2 or perhaps just go with Fire on all moves and invincibility for 12-ish seconds. This was without fiddling with either base knockback, or knockback growth.

Also, I cannot find under either subactions, or under specials how to edit the charge time for his Flare Blade. I have checked Roy's, I have checked Marth's, I have checked PM Marth's, I have checked Ike's.
Unless this is under attributes, then I cannot find how to change it, it all displays the same information. Roy's Flare Blade as-is takes and extraordinary amount of time to charge in Brawl. Like...I think, assuming I counted correctly, it takes about twice as long as it does in Melee.

Also, I changed and revamped a bunch of other stuff, too and made some much needed tweaks here and there. So, once the Final Smash issue gets sorted out, I'll update for the first time this year.

I'll go poke around the help section in the meantime.

Alses

Smash Apprentice
Also, I cannot find under either subactions, or under specials how to edit the charge time for his Flare Blade. I have checked Roy's, I have checked Marth's, I have checked PM Marth's, I have checked Ike's.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Article_Floating_Points#Marth

That should help XD Marth has no articles but still uses floating points for his attacks ;D Hmm, its interesting how each character in brawl is unique in both gameplay and coding... its like different groups each did one character, and obviously the ones that made the AIs for Wario and Peach were the best =P

How's the melee hair coming? You don't HAVE to use it if it doesn't come out right, just open it next to the model you're editing and try your best to make it look almost the same ^^

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Well, as far as the model stuff goes, I've made some progress.
I'm eons away from any rigging, and seeing as KC:MM is down for now, I'll just post my model work here.

T'is my Roy thread after all~

I was able to take the model and break it apart into several polygons.

More polygons here, but say...What's that in the top right corner...?

:3 A big thanks to Oshtoby for ripping the Melee Roy model, and Starwaffle helping with the normals/texture issue on his head.

Given how nitpicky I am, the faces that I touched up from the vertex no longer satisfy me. So, I intend to take the Melee face and carve his 5 expressions from that instead.

I also wanted to take the sword's red jewel from the vertex as well, given how the Melee Sword of Seals' 'gem' is just a drawn-on texture. Combining the best of the old and the new.

And for the
Article Floating points Erm... Do you know to access those by any chance, Alses?

I've checked the specials tab, the attributes tab and I also typed it in the SubRoutine tab to try and find anything with that hex address, but came up with nothing x___x

I even opened up the file in a Hex Editor(HxD) and both Marth's and Roy's PSAs had the same digits on that row...

~~~Marth~~~
Shield Breaker
File Offset---------------Default----------Description
242C0--------------------2----------------Charge time (seconds?)
....Annnnnnd....I have some bad news about the Final Smash....

Well, I couldn't get the power-up one to work. I did make another one that's somewhat like a Marth/Ike hybrid, though.
He takes a pose, sword ignites, flies through the air kinda like Marth, but when he makes it to a foe(or if you press B before hand) He attacks in a frenzy with 7 insanely fast fire slashes.
The aforementioned slashes end with the seventh one, which is kinda like his Up B and there's a KABOOM with it.

But, each connecting slash makes Marth's Critical Hit HP bar appear, and I've had no luck making that go away. I can't render its textures completely invisible, and vertexing it to a miniscule size won't work.
The standard vertex method won't work due to its [Model Data] being [Misc Data] and AIS won't be nice go along with it >_>
Otherwise, using the new BBox's to export it, vertex it to my liking an re-import gives me the error I encountered trying to give my Royv3.5 vertex a Roy-shaped shadow >: /

Goodness...I should get an update out sometime soon...I've been surprisingly busy/lacking the energy/desire to work on this as passionately as I once was. I'll try to have what I consider the 'penultimate' update out before I can be done and start working on my de-cloned one or other PSA's.

But yes. December 1st was a long time skip for an update x___x Made a lot of changes, especially with the Up throw's power, and how the Down Smash comes out too early because of a misplace timer...

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Besides his freakish forearm in the second picture (which I'm assuming you'll work on) it looks good. Looking forward to how it looks in-game.

Just make sure you don't spend so long making him look accurate to Melee that you forget to make sure he fits in with Brawl's aesthetic. :alakadoof: Judging from the armor pieces and your sword comment though, I'm confident.

And for the article floating point, you were on the right track with the hex editor - What exactly is your issue?

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Heh heh.
The forearm was actually just a funny angle of the pic. I had taken a copy of his other hand and mirrored it, so I could make the other gloves' fuzzy, bottom part a more accurate shape.(As well as overall symmetry, and the fact that his hands were kinda big in Melee.)

Here's a clearer shot.

The texture was, I believe Steelia's? It was a texture he made for Melee, actually, 'Brawl Roy'. That certainly does help with the Brawl feel :3

I don't actually have the textures for his skin, though. Vert kept the Mar01 texture file from the vertex and merged Steelia's texture with it, so that Roy currently retains the same skin tone as Brawl Marth.

I'd like to change the skin so that his is a different tone from Marth's. In Melee, Marth's skin was more pinkish than Roy's was. Actually, I do have his Melee head textures. Myess. I do like to think I can make this li'l project feel like he's officially here and not just a hack. (If only I could give him a custom bone structure that isn't glitchy or freeze-inducing. Then I could have the sheathe on his back move like how it should)

Oh yeah, the Hex issue.

My only previous experience with the Hex editor was editing Ike's generic .rel and various stage .rels for porting purposes, and neither of those ever gave me much trouble. (Except for one or two of the values being off that I was supposed to edit...)

However...Looking in Roy's and Marth's moveset.pac files, the line with the Hex value I am looking for is completely identical for some reason. The '2' makes sense for Marth's stabby Shield Breaker, but Roy's Flare Blade charges for, what feels like over 15 seconds...
....But....Roy's has a '2' as well....

Unless I was looking in the wrong place, somehow x__X

Alses

Smash Apprentice

However...Looking in Roy's and Marth's moveset.pac files, the line with the Hex value I am looking for is completely identical for some reason. The '2' makes sense for Marth's stabby Shield Breaker, but Roy's Flare Blade charges for, what feels like over 15 seconds...
....But....Roy's has a '2' as well....
Its the same because you haven't modified it yet =P I don't think those sections are read with hex numbers so just change the 02 for a 15. If that's way too long (then maybe they ARE read in hex =P) change it to a 0F, but remember to modify the base damage and the charge as well or else it might come out stronger than you wanted.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Allow me to bring some attention to something that caught my eye when searching for a vid of an Ike PSA I wanted to see on youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJF36omRKeQ

Hmm...Say, doesn't this Roy PSA look kinda familiar? Like, REALLY familiar? Like...The one I've been working on since January of 2011? I think it does.

Thieves are everywhere...
That download in the description does in fact contain my December 1st update's moveset.pac and Fitmotionetc.pac...And with no mention of my name or anyone that's contributed to it, or even a word of my permission.

Dispicable...

But anyway, I do intend to have a new update for the first time since last year out within a few days.

I don't usually use movesets, but I think I might replace wolf with this, once you get the new model out. From what I've seen, you've made a pretty solid moveset so far. Good job on everything done, and good luck on everything planned!
Not sure if his .rel will work over Wolf. But the Marth-compatibility list I have saved was from before the entry/result disabler codes came to be, so it could work. Otherwise, you may need to stick Roy on Ike and Ike on Wolf.

The model itself will still be a while yet. Especially with KC:MM down, and it being the only place with a model import tutorial...

Its the same because you haven't modified it yet =P I don't think those sections are read with hex numbers so just change the 02 for a 15. If that's way too long (then maybe they ARE read in hex =P) change it to a 0F, but remember to modify the base damage and the charge as well or else it might come out stronger than you wanted.
Well, I tried editing it in the Hex editor, but the charge time was still unchanged. Roy's charges for about 5 or 6 seconds currently, and I'd like it to go for 4 seconds if it can be figured out...

Alses

Smash Apprentice
Well, I tried editing it in the Hex editor, but the charge time was still unchanged. Roy's charges for about 5 or 6 seconds currently, and I'd like it to go for 4 seconds if it can be figured out...
Huh, that's odd... But if that doesn't work why not just use the framespeed modifier in PSA? it seems like a simpler solution... Are any other hex edits working though?

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Not sure if his .rel will work over Wolf. But the Marth-compatibility list I have saved was from before the entry/result disabler codes came to be, so it could work. Otherwise, you may need to stick Roy on Ike and Ike on Wolf.
I've done it before just to test out a WAY earlier Roy you've had. I put Roy over Ike by editing Marth's .REL, and then I put the real Ike over Wolf, using Ike's generic .REL. By doing this, I could have an Ike vs. Marth. Vs. Roy battle.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE DECEMBER 1st!!!!

New Final Smash, lots of new/redone animations, and the icing on the cake? I spent the last 3-4 days patching Marth's .rel and making codes. What for, you ask?

...Well...

Roy and other Marth PSA's can now be ported over, literally, every character on the roster that is ~not~ a transformer!

IceClimbers ~did~ sorta work, but I've not included the .rel/ the codes for them because it...Messed up something in my game. The last two letters on my in-game name are now white squares : / Must've been the "Solo Ice Climber" code...Things went...Wierd.

But I guess this means you get your wish, Oshtoby. Heh heh. Wolf's one of the characters that doesn't exhibit any strange attribute changes when ported, either...But, I assume most people are gonna go for Olimar. ^_^'

Also, I have new pics of the model I was working on;

I'm going to have the sheathed versions put their sword in the sheathe, regardless of whether it's the back sheathe or side sheathe(I will also make a sheathless version. Using it on Marth will result in his sword just disappearing instead of being a floating, blade-less hilt at his hip.

Well, given how I intend for this to be the theoretical design for Roy in Brawl, I had later opted against the idea of using his Melee face's model, and instead used it as reference for re-doing all 5 of his face.

New head. I redid his entire head pretty much. The nose was re-shaped, the chin, the lips, he has actual nostrils now, his eyes were re-sized, reshaped and pushed back farther and his head and neck have been shrunken.

More face stuff. All the faces are perfectly symmetrical(They are floating above each other, so now I only need to overlap them on the Y Axis once I finish some other stuff involving the hair on his head.

I'm giving him modeled side burns and the back of his hair, so it won't just be a texture.

I also made a vBrawl Marth PSA that's compatible with Roy's GFX. Port one or the other, and they can fight without any graphical hiccups! (But only each other. Other Marth PSA's will still exhume the mesed up GFX phenomena.)

Ikuto64

Smash Rookie
Dude the new fs sounds way better then the old one that one was ok. And I can't wait to have my old fav char back the progress looks awesome!

:phone:

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Glad to hear :3
I put my heart and soul into my Lord

Also, I re-updated the Roy PSA download link today. Download again, plz.

thanks to _Data_Drain_, those annoying HP bars are no longer present in Roy's final smash! (Plus, I added in a new "ItemBig" animation I whipped up a day ago.)

We also have a video by Wolfric showing off some new stuff on the OP.

Yay :3

Also, if people are having trouble with the DL link, don't hesitate to post about it. My Dropbox seems to be funny at the moment .__.

Alses

Smash Apprentice
Well this is weird, a melee Roy model was imported but I don't even wanna download it because the edits in this one seem to make Roy more... Roy? XD Can't wait for mah boi, I remember when I first used the hack from the old thread and thought how awesome it was to not have silly marth anymore, now I'm thinking how awesome it is to have Roy back 8D On a side note: The run animation could have some fixes with fluidity... Just use the frame speed modifier in the run subaction (multiply by about 1.2 or 1.3) and then reduce the attribute a bit... Its not really bad but it just seems like he's hopping more than running... Or maybe just modify the movement of the trans N bone in the animation, that may be the actual problem and speeding it up would just make it less noticeable... Sorry for being picky about that XD the actual animation is great, its just the way he moves.... (move,stop,move,stop etc.. Ik its more realistic but that doesn't really fit brawl IMO)

PS: I for some reason had a weird dream where this moveset had a second moveset that was taunt activated in which Roy takes out a hatchet and Red Axe thing o_O... Don't know why I was dreaming about brawl though... Can't remember XD

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Wow, your Roy model looks amazing so far.

And yea, the Melee model that was released was good but i'd prefer a more Brawlified version of him.

Top Bottom