• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger Approaching - Diddy Kong!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
i laugh at all those who said diddy wouldn't make it, he would be a duo with dixie, or he wouldn't use his popguns or jetpack. HAHAHAHA

best newcomer since E3 2006..........................................................................

(until Ridley shows up)
I second that

SehkmetCLS

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking, I'm pretty nuts (O.o) about Diddy so far.
He seems a quick fighter with quite a few strong points (cartwheel pwnage on dk country anyone?).
Can't wait to play with the funky Monkey.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this is cool with diddy confirmed i think we can expect seein many other supporting character, krystal or wolf perhaps that would be awesome

psyt

Smash Journeyman
Um, I hope 2morrow update will save the week for me, IMO. [Cause Diddy Cant Fight For His Life.]
hahah... what?

a new video and characters not enough for you? not to mention links moves were avg update, this week has been straight gravy buddy

Drake3

Smash Ace
Wow I was expecting an item or something but instead I get awesome news that Diddy's in. Simian Slam!

PrincessToadstool

Smash Cadet
hahah... what?

a new video and characters not enough for you? not to mention links moves were avg update, this week has been straight gravy buddy
Oops my bad, I meant this update, I liked all the other updates this week.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
His ability will focus on his speed,

so we have a new fast fighter! ^.^ now there are two confirmed (along with fox)

Although Pikachu has some zip (certainly nothing compared to Fox or what diddy probably will be, but I was always able to use a reasonably successful speed approach with Pikachu in SSBM, although that was perhaps because of how much my competition sucked...)

I think Diddy will also have some good jumping abilities.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I'm kind of pissed at DK right now, I was playing Yoshi against someone's Sheik a while ago on DK's level, went to go in the barrel and died because an alligator fell in it. Still won the match though.

If Diddy is heavy and a fast faller I see him as top tier, but if he is light he'll be mid

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I'm guessing light, and medium falling speed, pretty fast and he has a mediocre projectile. It's impossible to make accurate tier predictions now, though.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I'm guessing light, and medium falling speed, pretty fast and he has a mediocre projectile. It's impossible to make accurate tier predictions now, though.
You're right. Remember when many people thought Roy was going to be a great character? Now look where he is on the tier list.

Tanea

Smash Ace
i can't wait to be able to use him and how he will change the game with his new fighting style

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Like I said on the Diddy character thread I hope this means that we will be getting a new gameplay footage soon incorporating some of the new updates.
They should make a short character introfuction video showing the caracter in action

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Actually, I rather like Crystal Canyon. When the light beams take out two characters per side, it's a 2-vs.-2 match. Less players to take care of means easier Megastrikes and goals in general. =)

Concerning Diddy, I really like his Megastrike. Sadly, though, I don't expect it to be included in Brawl. I expect his guitar to be his Final Smash, Peanut Pop Gun as B, and Rocketbarrel Boost as UpB.

Linari Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Why you ask hmm... I got nothing against newcomers. I'd rather have the veterans w/ new movesets now...but ehh
Please Sakurai show a veteran already.
I really wished that he stopped shadowing the veterans: Ganon ,C. Falcon Falco Ness and all the rest of the cast from Melee. He's spoiling way too many newcomer surprises ,and answer my question how are you going to incorperate more air battles ,for god sakes man footstool jumping isn't enough

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
im glad to see new characters if anything I wanna know who else wiill be joining the smash crew, im not to concerned about vetrans right now but i would like to see zeldas moveset(and if it includes sheik or not) DIddy looks like a fun character , and to LINARI SABRE i dont think hes really spoiling anything dont u want to know some of the additions to the game, im sure diddy well be unlocked from the start anyway.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman

does anyone know what that odd arc is above Link's head? Is it his sword, or a shield, or an item, or part of Diddy's hitbox?

Also it is my dearest hope that Brawl will either not have tiers, or that they will be so close together they will be vitually indistinguishable.

And how come every time a new character is introduced, half the people say he HAS to be in and the other half absolutelty hate him?

As far as the haters: seriously, there aren't that many options in the DK, Kirby, and Metroid universes to go by to begin with! I say the more characters the better! You can't say any major character "can't win a fight" just because he doesn't fit your style. Look at pokemon trainer! I would accept ANY character that isn't intended as a joke or terribly unplayable. Hell, if they could manage to make something like Paratroopa (for example) useable, I wouldn't complain! Only if they give one of those unimportant characters a place and leave out someone like DeDeDe will I be angry, and that won't prevent me from using each and every character.

Card

Smash Lord
And how come every time a new character is introduced, half the people say he HAS to be in and the other half absolutelty hate him?
That's just how human beings work. There will always be a group of people who are unhappy with any event, discovery, etc...
Scientists could find the cure for cancer, and I can guarantee you there will be people who are unhappy that they didn't find it sooner.
Just the way it is... same applies for Smash characters.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
That's just how human beings work. There will always be a group of people who are unhappy with any event, discovery, etc...
Scientists could find the cure for cancer, and I can guarantee you there will be people who are unhappy that they didn't find it sooner.
Just the way it is... same applies for Smash characters.
hah very true, personally I feel the more characters the better

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
^ If you keep that up, I have a sneaking suspicion you'll get banned. Big deal, someone else got an identical thread with more posts in it.

DK still needs at least K. Rool before they have adequate representation.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I'm loving Diddy and all, but I'm getting a little uneasy with thoughts of him being a common tourny character. Not because I don't like him, but actually because I know while shooting his peanut popgun we'll all inevitably hear crap like:

"YEA!! YOU LIKE THESE NUTS HUH!!!!!!"
"THESE NUTS ARE TOO MUCH FO JOO"
"MONKEY NUTS FTW!!"
"AHHH I JUST GOT MY NUTS ALL OVER YO FACE BISH!!!!!!!!"

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Enh, who cares if I get banned really? Not like the worlds going to end.

Anyways, I have a funny suspicion Diddy's Final Smash will have to do with Diddy and Dixie teaming up.

Plus, did anyone actually think Sakurai was gonna make a Fox Blaster clone? Wrong.

Peanut Popgun uses PEANUTS. Therefore needing to be charged when running out.
Fox's Blaster is BUILT IN to have infinite firing power.

There. Thats a good reason he might not be a common tournament character.
It all depends when Brawl comes out though..

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Peanut Popgun uses PEANUTS. Therefore needing to be charged when running out.
Fox's Blaster is BUILT IN to have infinite firing power.

There. Thats a good reason he might not be a common tournament character.
It all depends when Brawl comes out though..
Yea, just like Links arrows! :ohwell:
Or Samus's Missles!! :ohwell:

Not likely in my opinion.

Top Bottom