• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Brawl mod, Generation Custom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
Hello there, I am happy to present this project with permission to the Smashboards community. This project when finished will be a great alternative to traditional barwl, or if the new Smash game fails, it will enhance brawl to hold you guys off a little longer.

Now, let me post the project. it's called Brawl gneration Custom (yes name is out there.):

Hello there I am excited to present to the public one of the ultimate brawl mods ever created that is very close in the completion process. What is this Mod/Patch called you ask? It's called:

The Brawl Generation Custom Or (BGC) for short.

Now here's how it works, 64, Melee and Brawl, while a lot of characters have similar moves and battle attacks/defenses, during the games some were removed, some added but the BGC mod pack it all into one! What does that mean you ask? Let me get to the point!

Basically, all the movesets from all 3 games are now able to be used and customized at your very will. Let me provide an example with a character, how about Marth?

Say character in Melee's air dodge is a horizontal sidestep basically (Except you fall to your doom over a it) but Marths upper cut in Melee is more agile (IMO anyway) but I wouldlike to keep Brawl Marths dancing blade.

-With the BGC mod, you can have a Marth that has the Melee Uppercut, the Side Air-dodge from melee, and the brawl uppercut!

Yes, it's one of the many things you can do, take a character or heck, even a new character that was introduced in brawl and add 64, melee, and/or brawl abilities to that character! Ike for example, if he was in 64's attack layout, he would attack much faster especially with his triple A combo than Melee or Brawl, or what about you if take Fox, keep his 64 speed kicks, his fast 64 Up B, have his brawl grab moves, and have the melee air dodge! Endless possibilities with all characters. (beware, this include Metaknight, but apparently he is banned so that's no problem. Then again, this could help to.)

With this mod, you can customize with a homebrew menu, which can be used while selecting characters (after you select it.) you can have up to 5 "abilities" on a character, allowing the convenience of full customization! it could create a wacky battle of fun, or a balanced master piece!

But wait, that doesn't mean you can't use it in the competitive scene. There are many options that you can use using this mod, it could create almost perfect balance with each character, closer then ever before!!! Allowing only Skill to determine the winner (including Metaknight spammers or Ike crushers, or Diddy bannaers!) Yes, it will be a fair fight to the finish, unless of course, your connection is a POS but hopefully that is not the case.

HISTORY

A brief history of the project, as a fan of the Super Smash Bros. series, me and the main coding/formatter, the almighty Antonio, but mostly him, believed that some of the changes made for the series were good, but some, especially the noticeable ones, were for the worst. We have a team, and this teams goal after a careful decision, was to fuse these games attribute into one another to make Brawl the most customizable and/or the most competitive and balanced game on the market. We have been working on this project for years, and we are closing in on completion. We have decided that this mod will be given for free, especially for Smash Bros. veterans, and I am certain there are plenty one here!!!!

CONTRIBUTE!!!!

Here are ways you can contribute so this project can be finished as fast as possible:

-Please send me PMS as I am the one who makes sure everything included or suggested gets in the project. If there is something from another Smash game, attribute, attack, anything, and you want it in or would like to suggest it in the mod, please Pm me. Some popular examples:

.64 Character speeds

.Melee Air Dodge

.64 sheild times

-If you would like to join in coding, formatting, joining our team of planners, and eventually in the next week or 2, become a tester, PM me with you E-mail and we will be in contact.

-The most important thing, donate for the project, we have so far raised $234 and while that is decent it's not the speedy ticket to get this mod out and we want the mod to have the largest amount of polish as possible! Anybody can help or donate.

Donate via Paypal to Anythonymailz@gmail.com (Paypal address. Paypal.com is where you can register for a 100% secure account, we are not affiliated with the site in anyway, it is used often and is a trusted source for transferring income.)

-So please ask questions below, ask to join (it's free? Why wouldn't it be!) help out and donate so we can finish this project and get this mod out there! The best part is once it's done, it will be so easy to implement, we are thinking (thinking now) of publicly advertising this third-party mod. But of course, let's get there first!

For those who are already supporting I thank you and so does the team, please fill free to participate, and again, I hope this excites everyone, it's about time this project became public. We need more support then we figured, and as already stated hen it's done it will be fully free to anyone and will be easy to Implement!

V.5.7 is done so far here is the main progress:

-We have completed implmenting all movesets for all characters at all their native speed (depending on the game) in th smod

-We have fully implemented all game specefic features as options implemented in the mod. (a popular suggestion example, having melees air dodge in brawl. Can be customized.)

-There are currently 5 feature slots per character. We are planning a 6th which allows for music from any of the other games that can be chosen for the stage before the brawl.

-Some character can have abilities of other characters (only if it can go with the animation, like Sonic having Fox's Right B.)

-Almost all characters have a complete set of abilities and features.

-Working on implemation of all stages able to be chosen as a 7th slot. 68% complete.

Please feel free to comment, post suggestions, or offer service below. pm me if you want to join the team or think you can bring something to the project, i will introduce you to the head operating member. Also, donations are handled via paypal.

So once again, I am glad this project has gone public, and we are hoping to have a small demo out soon, but of course it won't be to big as in order to make it, the head will have to remove so much stuff just to have a demo and it could hold up the already stalling project so the demo will be small but you guys will get the general point.

Volunteer to help, donate, and support, and help us get this done faster. If you have exprience with formatting, coding, Sd, or anything related please join! It's free and would make all the difference!

So thank you for your time viewing the project, and hopefully the project will be a huge sucess with all of you guys' support! thank you!

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
-The most important thing, donate for the project, we have so far raised $234 and while that is decent it's not the speedy ticket to get this mod out and we want the mod to have the largest amount of polish as possible! Anybody can help or donate.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
In order to have a in game menu with all the data being assigned to each character of past games which also requires implmention, also the music slot also requires the same as the above, and to have all this run without lag, work online and at the same time be able to easily add this to the game simply with no confusion or long process takes a more cutome homemade approach.

Homemade approaches cost a lot. That combined with lack of help are moving this project very slowly, although we were going fast, the last step are taking quite a hit on getting this project out for the public to enjoy.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
This is funny.
"We have been working on this project for years, and we are closing in on completion"

Heres what I have to say about this.
All of the Brawl mods build upon the work and reasearch of everyone that came before then.
All of the information gathered has been a community effort, split up between the fourms here, and resources like KC-MM and OpenSA.

It is almost impossible for anyone to spend years working on something without interacting with the rest of the community.

Since you don't have that many posts, I looked at your post history.
This is your first post in the hacking section.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8369704#post8369704
i think you may be a bit out of touch with competitive smash.

Why do I care? As one of the people who put in a lot of work in making moveset hacking even possible, I like to see what people have done with the knowledge I have helped make available. Please don't post giant announcements for things when you havent proven that any of this is going to happen, nor do you have a team or anything.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
This is funny.
"We have been working on this project for years, and we are closing in on completion"

Heres what I have to say about this.
All of the Brawl mods build upon the work and reasearch of everyone that came before then.
All of the information gathered has been a community effort, split up between the fourms here, and resources like KC-MM and OpenSA.

It is almost impossible for anyone to spend years working on something without interacting with the rest of the community.

Since you don't have that many posts, I looked at your post history.
This is your first post in the hacking section.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8369704#post8369704
i think you may be a bit out of touch with competitive smash.

Why do I care? As one of the people who put in a lot of work in making moveset hacking even possible, I like to see what people have done with the knowledge I have helped make available. Please don't post giant announcements for things when you havent proven that any of this is going to happen, nor do you have a team or anything.
So basically because I have low posts what I am posting is invalid? Wow, the ignorance is high with this one.

You also provided no actual eample of how it would be "almost impossible" to be working on this project. This project is cutom made, the only problem with the project now is the implemation into the game itself FULLY.

Not anyone here or anywhere else had any thing that would have made this project any easier. If you want to doubt the project talk to the main lead. But I think it's unfair to think that for some reason it's impossible to make stuff without people knowing and inavlidating the project via a post count of just someone involved in it.

Also, without the demo, how can I prove this is going to happen? If your interested you will do what a few people have already done a volunter to help with the project. Also just beacuse we have a low amount of people helping on the project does not mean we do not have a team.

Infact, did you even think when you typed this post? All of it is speculation.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Programming brand new menus and in-game customizable movesets seems completely ridiculous and the fact that nobody has ever heard of this and also that you're asking for money donations without providing a single picture or video makes it even less believable. Please provide at least little bit to show the effort you've done before making claims for things like money or that nothing in our highly developed Brawl hacking scene can help you or that you can emulate attacks and physics from all three smash games and take features and use them interchangeably when all the best hackers in the community have taken years and still haven't been able to fully port all the physics from Melee.

ds22

Smash Lord
I think I'll donate to this fine project.
And while I'm at it, I'm going to send money to a Nigerian prince.
Because that looks as legit as this mod.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
So basically because I have low posts what I am posting is invalid? Wow, the ignorance is high with this one.

You also provided no actual eample of how it would be "almost impossible" to be working on this project. This project is cutom made, the only problem with the project now is the implemation into the game itself FULLY.

Not anyone here or anywhere else had any thing that would have made this project any easier. If you want to doubt the project talk to the main lead. But I think it's unfair to think that for some reason it's impossible to make stuff without people knowing and inavlidating the project via a post count of just someone involved in it.

Also, without the demo, how can I prove this is going to happen? If your interested you will do what a few people have already done a volunter to help with the project. Also just beacuse we have a low amount of people helping on the project does not mean we do not have a team.

Infact, did you even think when you typed this post? All of it is speculation.
Don't talk smack to Dantarion, he knows his stuff. If you want people to believe this project, you have to post pictures or a video or something to PROVE your claims here. It's funny that you call him out for speculating when, in reality, all we can do is speculate because you have a lot of information but nothing to back it up. Until you back this up, no one here is going to believe you. We've seen some great Brawl mods here, and your idea is interesting. I'd just like to see those ideas in action...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Don't talk smack to Dantarion, he knows his stuff.
That's something I wanted to say :I

But yea, Dant's been around the block A LOT. He's a damn fine programmer, so I think he'd know the limitations of Brawl.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Not anyone here or anywhere else had any thing that would have made this project any easier
If you managed to make something without using something anyone else made, I will applaud you. Be sure to thank.......

Team Twiisers for hacking the Wii
nuke for starting GeckoOS
the riivolution guys (if youre using that)
the libogc guys (if you are doing a custom homebrew menu u have to use libogc)
Phantom Windgs (For FPC and PSA at LEAST)
SmashBoards hacking community(OpenSA wiki information, all the threads on this forum)
Me(OpenSA wiki and Fighter.pac viewing)

Post something that shows that you have done something.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
@Dantarion: You forgot Brawlbox (By Kryal)

@Jackandsig: You're saying that the project won't be any easier with the tools Dantarion mentioned, right?

I want to know what you're using here.

Also, you don't have proof of progress. Not even a pac file.

If your team really is that good, then answer these questions.

1: What's the PSA code that will allow a character to L-Cancel?

2: How do you give a character momentum when he/she jumps after running?

3: What will the weight be for Marth in order for him to match melee's weight (TIP: Look at the attributes. I assume you changed those as well)

Don't say this stuff isn't important, either.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
@Dantarion: You forgot Brawlbox (By Kryal)

@Jackandsig: You're saying that the project won't be any easier with the tools Dantarion mentioned, right?

I want to know what you're using here.

Also, you don't have proof of progress. Not even a pac file.

If your team really is that good, then answer these questions.

1: What's the PSA code that will allow a character to L-Cancel?

2: How do you give a character momentum when he/she jumps after running?

3: What will the weight be for Marth in order for him to match melee's weight (TIP: Look at the attributes. I assume you changed those as well)

Don't say this stuff isn't important, either.
Ok, as I said, i am not the main person doing the indepth coding. I am a back up and only do what I am assigned.

As for your 1. and 2, that's something you may ask the E-mail that is provided.

As for your 3. I am not exactly sure character weight from other games was included in the project and could be a decent suggestion. Perhaps you could join the project.

Also, despite the constant pain on doing so, we will provided at least a couple screen later on. BTW, if you are a good art designer, a nice design for the menu would be highly appreciated as the current one looks like a MS paint drab fest.

@Dantarion

All i know is a lot of it is from scratch as I have participated myself. Now I am not saying that there isn;t a small thing he is using. Of course, you can confirm with him yourself.

I am also sure everything will be credited to whomever if anything is used from the list of people.

@Mrjackpot

Yes nobody has heard of this. Do not see how this is ridiculous to you. At first we didn;t even think it was possible until we started getting working results several months back. now that we, seem to at least, be in the clear, we are making project public, and this may be the first site it's given away to. There aren't that many alternatives to Smash board mod and hacking wise.

Now this customizable movesets is the first step in perfect brawling. Now like I said which many have failed to read, realize that we don't have EVERY SINGLE "Attribute" from every game cutomized in the mod. We take suggestions and try to add them, and even then, apprantely we can only add so much. We did a test and something weird happens when we try to overcustomize it, so there is a limit to how many intergame customizations we can throw on each character, or heck, in the mod in general. now of course, if we had more people it may not have been as big as a problem, but the team genrally agrees we do not know what's causing this.

Also, agian, if you all didn;t read cause your lazy, we do not have EVERY SINGLE ATTACK, ATTRIBUTE, PHYSICS, AND MOVESETS FROM ALL THE GAMES! Just ones that seem to be preffered and suggested. like I said above, until we figure out wtf the problem is, we can;t even get ALL of them even if we wanted to.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You're just going to have to accept the fact that in the Brawl hacking scene, words are cheap without any evidence to back things up.

Except no support whatsoever until you can provide proof to your claims. You're not the first person to step forward with some enthusiastic Smash project, and you won't be the last.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
@JakandSig: I already know those questions. That was just a test.

Also, I have my own project to work on. I may help you guys when I'm done with my project.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
You're just going to have to accept the fact that in the Brawl hacking scene, words are cheap without any evidence to back things up.

Except no support whatsoever until you can provide proof to your claims. You're not the first person to step forward with some enthusiastic Smash project, and you won't be the last.
Learn 2 read. I am working on it.

@JakandSig: I already know those questions. That was just a test.

Also, I have my own project to work on. I may help you guys when I'm done with my project.
Oxy.

shanus

Smash Hero
this thread cracks me up. can't we just lock it until he provides evidence he knows what he is doing?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
@Jakandsig: Before this thread turns into a complete catastrophe, please provide evidence.

I'm not talking about pictures here. Here's what I mean:

-An ASM code
-A sample of PSA programming (Just type the code instead of publishing a PAC file)

Anything that doesn't require pictures.

Please don't tell me that you don't have those files

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
@Jakandsig: Before this thread turns into a complete catastrophe, please provide evidence.

I'm not talking about pictures here. Here's what I mean:

-An ASM code
-A sample of PSA programming (Just type the code instead of publishing a PAC file)

Anything that doesn't require pictures.

Please don't tell me that you don't have those files

The only thing I MYSELF can get/OBTAIN is the testing room (black Room) Shots. I might be able to get some code from the project though. But it would help if you guys actually let me go get it?

Remember, I am not the lead. Oh and I think there is a video of the menu. Of course, remember it;s not the compelte menu so the MS paint look, don;t be alarmed it's not final. Or at least I hope not.

BTW, while we are on the subject, artists for the project would be appreciated.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I have a question:

Is this a brawlmod, or is this one of those computer games like super smash bros. crusade? The MS paint screen is confusing me here.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
I have a question:

Is this a brawlmod, or is this one of those computer games like super smash bros. crusade? The MS paint screen is confusing me here.
I am going to assume this is an honest question. read the OP.

To put it breifly just incase you are seriously asking this question,. the menu allow you to add certain satas, attributes, move, etc. to one character from all 3 game. Well some of them. I have honest clue where you got computer game from. Not in the slightest. Now back to decoding the testing room so I can get some shots.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
"To put it briefly just in case you are seriously asking this question, the menu allows you to add stats, attributes, moves, and other things to a certain character from all three games. This doesn't apply to all of them. I have no clue where you got the 'computer game' idea from."

This should ****ing prove I'm not mentally ****ing ********

So, what you're telling me is: This is a brawlmod, and the team is doing things even PhantomWings, Dantarion, Almas, and The paprika killer can't accomplish.

Brawlmod = Project: M, Brawl-, Brawl+, etc....

DRAGUS

Smash Rookie
Seriously how to join?

So... how do I join the team? i dan't want to give up on this project
Is there any spekyal skills needed? I accept the challenge if so
How many people are under the wings of the project right now?
Can I invite more to the team?
I know a phew coders, and allm their basis is belong to you if you want :)

D

Deleted member

I guess the mods are having fun with this too or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom