• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT? Video is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I guess you could call this a Standing Dash Attack, but I guess there could be a better name.

Basically, you set your C-stick to "Attack" instead of "Smash" or whatever you have it set on normally. You start by flicking the control stick in the desired direction, and right after that hit C-stick any direction, but before the dash is done, buffer the same thing as before, flick control stick right before a C-stick hit any direction again, and when your character stops, they'll instantly do another dash attack. I'm sorry in advance if this is already known, but one of my friends and I found this out when he was testing a new control scheme.

VIDEO IS UP!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8fzvDQETkQ

Confirmed Tested Characters: It is possible to go across the entire length of any stage with characters we tested.
-Diddy
-Snake
-Game and Watch
-Peach
-Ness
-Dedede
-Toon Link
-Ganondorf (this seems like it could be a new way for Ganon to get around the stage instead of running, but I don't play Ganon, so it might just sound good to me XD)
-Sonic
-Metaknight
-Jigglypuff
-Luigi
-Mario
-Pokemon Trainer (all 3)
-Pikachu
-Samus/ZSS
-DK
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
-Wolf
-Fox
-Falco
-Bowser
-Wario
-R.O.B. (yay!)
-Olimar
-Pit
-Lucario
-Captain Falcon
-Ice Climbers
-Kirby
-Lucas
-Ike
-Marth
-Yoshi

This has been confirmed to work for everyone! I'll keep the list up there to possibly list actual uses for this in the future, sorry it's out of order a bit.

Thanks for reading, input would be nice, and again, if this was already known, then disregard this XD.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
1. Why do you need to change your control schemes to do this?

2. How is this new?

3. How is DA across the stage useful?

The only character that has a use for this is ZSS because you can lock people with her DA, but no DA is good for movement, it locks you into a move making it easily punishable.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
1. Why do you need to change your control schemes to do this?

2. How is this new?

3. How is DA across the stage useful?

The only character that has a use for this is ZSS because you can lock people with her DA, but no DA is good for movement, it locks you into a move making it easily punishable.
1. EDIT: Normal "Smash" C-stick controls force you to run before the DA, but this lets you do a standing DA

2. I don't know? No one I found have mentioned anything about it, so I felt like posting it.

3. I never really said it was useful, I just posted it because it was something my friend and I found. >_>

The point isn't really to DA across the stage constantly, that would just be stupid. The point is to do a standing DA for possible mindgames, or for some characters, follow-up or combo starters.

Oh, and I can put up videos if enough people care, but I have 2 tournaments to go to this weekend, plus finals papers to write, so it probably wouldn't be up until Monday-Tuesday at the earliest.

EDIT: Actually, I could possibly get a video up later today, depending on when my friends want to leave for the tournament, so i'll keep you guys posted on a possible video.

Prawn

Smash Master
Subscribing for later,

I just quickly did this with ICs and Mario,

Mario's actually seems slightly useful. Don't knock this guys I think we should apply it and see where it gets us

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this AT is very useful for sheik

ah, but it's not an AT

well

sheik's dash attack is very useful

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You know what we need to find?

A way to dash attack cancel into another dash attack.

THAT would be an awesome find. =(

But sadly, yeah. You can do the Quick Dash Attack by tapping c-stick down with smashes. <<

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
yeah this has been used for ages (c-stick Down)

i read about it in the ganondorf (lol) guide like 6 months ago

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
People are being EXTREMELY ignorant here.

From what I see here, this isdifferent that C-Stick Down with Smashes. I'll test when I get home and post if I can pick up anything useful from this, unless of course, someone even more ignorant closes it.

First glances are decieving, actually READ the OP before posting.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
You can also do this if you just Cstick down (while set to smashes).
yeah this has been used for ages (c-stick Down)

i read about it in the ganondorf (lol) guide like 6 months ago
Like I said in my second post, you can't do this with C-stick set to smash. You are literally STANDING when you do your dash attack, not running. I already know you can run and then C-stick down to DA. If you just "C-stick down" as you say with smashes on, you'll just do D-smash.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Are you saying that you don't get any momentum off your dash attack at all? That the Dash attack stays in place, even if it is say Snake's? I'm confused. If this is an instant dash attack, we know this, if this is a dash attack that does not move, then it is something new.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Are you saying that you don't get any momentum off your dash attack at all? That the Dash attack stays in place, even if it is say Snake's? I'm confused. If this is an instant dash attack, we know this, if this is a dash attack that does not move, then it is something new.
The movement of Snake's Dash Attack is part of that move's animation. I don't think it's possible to stay in place while doing it. I think the point of this so-called AT is to perform the Dash Attack without the initial movement but that doesn't mean that there's no movement at all. Otherwise Snake could Dacus in place and cover himself with two massive hitboxes (in terms of activity and size) pretty much the whole time...

I don't think that this find is that useful though, unless Crashic is right and I am wrong.

:059:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
No, it just takes away the need for initial movement before doing a DA, no momentum on a DA would be absolutely broken for some characters. XD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
While I suppose it's nice to know that setting C-Stick to Attack instead of Smash gives you the ability to perform the dash attack a little sooner than with Smash (maybe? I'll have to test to be sure), I'm pretty sure this is exactly what people have been doing, sans setting C-Stick to Attack, for a long time now.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
Like I said in my second post, you can't do this with C-stick set to smash. You are literally STANDING when you do your dash attack, not running. I already know you can run and then C-stick down to DA. If you just "C-stick down" as you say with smashes on, you'll just do D-smash.
No, actually.

If you start running and simultaneously c-stick down you will dash attack. I promise

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I always liked using this in Melee....

In before the lock
Actually this is one trick that couldn't be done in Melee. Not that it was really needed in Melee either, since the threshold between smash attack and dash attack wasn't as balls huge as it is in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom