• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT for Kirby

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Shield Canceled running grab
otherwise none as
Kinetic Sweet Baby Jesus Win Canon: as suggested by Orion and adopted by the board.

Some of u may know this already but i developed this AT for Kirby in particular although it works for every character

Link to the thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215653

please check it out and feel free to leave questions on the main thread page.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Let me get this right, So it powershields your opponents attack and still grabs afterwards with the running grab?

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
some of u may know this already but i developed this AT for Kirby in particular although it works for every character

Link to the thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215653

please check it out and feel free to leave questions on the main thread page.
As they said in the original thread, it was already known. Not given enough emphasis I guess.

The Timing is very specific, as seen in your vid, lol. I can get it 7 out of 10 times I try it, but to really use it effectively in battle is 10 times harder. You have to basically power shield the Opponents attack, then "immediately" after Press A or Z. Unless you can get a Power Shield Easily, it's a Hard AT to master and use effectively/at will because if you miss it/don't time it right, you could get seriously Punished.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Let me get this right, So it powershields your opponents attack and still grabs afterwards with the running grab?
yup :D

As they said in the original thread, it was already known. Not given enough emphasis I guess.

The Timing is very specific, as seen in your vid, lol. I can get it 7 out of 10 times I try it, but to really use it effectively in battle is 10 times harder. You have to basically power shield the Opponents attack, then "immediately" after Press A or Z. Unless you can get a Power Shield Easily, it's a Hard AT to master and use effectively/at will because if you miss it/don't time it right, you could get seriously Punished.
I think the person that said that may have known by accident and then never posted anything about it. However its not as hard as u may think. All u have to do is start runing toward ur opponent. In most cases ur opponent will space an aerial or hit the ground and quickly shield. In the first case once ur about to enter the range of the aerial that they are going to use u shield. Given this is a prediction it is a prediction that will work very often. In the second scenario they will hit the ground far b4 u get close enough to worry about an aerial in which case u should predict a tilt or downdodge. Basically if u dont see them attack u there is no need to activate ur shields. U just gotta be focused and have above average reflexes to utilize this AT

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
very nice.

good ****, ~Gonzo~, first official post credit goes to you, if I am not mistaken.

You should give it a sweet name like Gonzo's Kinetic Baby Jesus Win Canon.

I don't know.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
very nice.

good ****, ~Gonzo~, first official post credit goes to you, if I am not mistaken.

You should give it a sweet name like Gonzo's Kinetic Baby Jesus Win Canon.

I don't know.
hahahahahaha Good **** Orion, i thought about calling Gonzo grabbing but its not a technique many people besides Kirby or MK will be using so i didnt give it a stupendous name

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
perhaps, his reverse grab version is sick, u should check it.
****it Gonzo... I got a reverse dash grab to the face because of that... Stop telling him our secrets! MK is the enemy! :laugh:

Also I agree with Orion. That name kicks ***!

Top Bottom