• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Age of Fitness- Ring Fit Adventurer Support (New character or Wii Fit Echo?)

New Character or Wii Fit Echo?

• New Character!

Votes: 59 72.8%
  • Wii Fit Echo!

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Semi-Clone!

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Guybrush20X6... You'll make a thread for just about anyone won't you?

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo's throwing it's hat back into the fitness ring with a new controller and a strangely enough, an RPG mode. With it comes a new, as of yet unammed Nintendo Fitness enthusiast.

We haven't seen enough to know all her powers but I like the look of her so far. Maybe she could be an Echo of Wii Fit Trainer or even who own thing.

Part 1: As an Echo?

Ring Fit Adventurer could work as an Echo Fighter of Wii Fit Trainer as they're both athletic types with similar clothes and a focus on different yoga and core training poses as opposed to weightlifting or cardio. Both also have an alt gender counterpart and even they're deressed the same.

Differences from Wii Fit.

As things are now, the known differences are
*Skin tone
*Cartoonish art-style vs living mannequin
*Flaming hair while doing exersizes (Final Smash maybe)
*Using the Fit Ring instead of the Balance board (Changed stage intro)​

Part 2: New fighter?​

More to come

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I support! She should be her own fighter. Surprisingly, that game looks incredibly fun. That instantly became one of my top 10 first-party reps.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I actually would definitely support Ring Fit Warrior in Smash Bros! She looks so much made for Smash Bros that passing her up in any future installment would be crazy. I even made a moveset from the scraps we've seen:

Jab: Ring Fit Warrior swipes the ring a few times before dealing a final 360 swing that knocks the opponent away. This cannot rapid-jab.

F-tilt: Ring Fit Warrior squeezes the ring and creates a blast of air that damages on close ranges and pushes opponents at farther ranges.

U-tilt: Ring Fit Warrior performs an overhead press with the ring that creates a single fist above her. While the hurtbox is narrow, it can deal some good damage on hit and is often used for killing at 95%.

D-tilt: Ring Fit Warrior performs a thigh press on the ring that creates a small stomping spectral foot from above.

Dash Attack: Ring Fit Warrior performs a Knee Lift for her dash attack.

Grab: Ring Fit Warrior snatches the opponent with her ring. She will squeeze the ring to deal damage to her opponent.

F-throw: Ring Fit Warrior lifts the ring and makes an air blast in front of her that launches the opponent. Though it’s low damage, it makes up for it with decent knockback, making it a nice kill move.

D-throw: Ring Fit Warrior lifts the ring and makes an air blast below her that launches the opponent. This can also launch her upwards, making this a good mobility tool for avoiding some attacks.

B-throw: Ring Fit Warrior lifts the ring and makes an air blast behind her that launches the opponent.

U-throw: Ring Fit Warrior lifts the ring and makes an air blast above her that launches the opponent.

N-air: Ring Fit Warrior flaps a pair of wings sprouted from the ring. This hits both sides and can be used upwards momentum.

F-air: Ring Fit Warrior fires a ball of energy from her ring, similarly to a Super Scope.

D-air: Ring Fit Warrior squeezes the ring below her and shoots herself upwards for a bit. Has the same properties as F-tilt, except this meteor smashes on hit.

B-air: Ring Fit Warrior fires a ball of energy from her ring, similarly to a Super Scope.

U-air: Ring Fit Warrior shoots a parachute above her. This deals not as much damage as one would think, but it slows down even fast-falling speed and helps with recovery.

Side Smash: Ring Fit Warrior raises the ring high above her head and twists for a bit before a yellow spectral torso shoots out from her body in front of her.

Up Smash: Ring Fit Warrior squats downwards for a bit before a blue spectral foot shoots up from the earth and deals damage in front of her.

Down Smash: Ring Fit Warrior starts to pull the ring apart before releasing it, two orange spectral fists striking from above at both sides.

Neutral-B: Yoga Lotus: Ring Fit Warrior does some yoga stretches that summons a spectral green lotus that hovers above each opponent. When she finishes stretching, the flower will bloom and smash down on top of the opponent, the damage scaling based on distance from her. If the opponent is within range of her tilt attacks when the move hits, it even heals Ring Fit Warrior for a portion of the damage dealt.

Side-B: Roller Charge: Ring Fit Warrior hops on top of a cart and charges forwards, similarly to Bowser Jr.’s Side-B. The difference is that she can eject from the cart early for enhanced combo potential with this move.

Up-B: Squat Spring: By holding the B button, Ring Fit Warrior can hold a squat before shooting upwards from a spring, similarly to Banjo and Kazooie’s Shock Spring Jump. Unlike the move in question, Squat Spring has a rising hurtbox when used, and horizontal movement isn’t that good.

Down-B: Ab Guard: Ring Fit Warrior creates a yellow shield in front of her that negates a number of attacks based on how many opponents she’s up against. While in this state, she can angle the shield and use it as a means of defense, but can't move for the entire time it's active. She can cancel out of this into Shield or jump.

Final Smash: Ring Fit: Ring Fit Warrior strikes a post and rains spectral feet, fists, torsos and flowers from the top of the screen, similarly to PK Starstorm.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well this showed up quicker than i expected. why not, this character might be really fun

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, you can add me to the support list. Meanwhile, I have to add this game to my list of games I won't be able to play but want to see suceed.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm surprised by how much this game appeals to me - someone who can't be called a fitness enthusiast in any sense of the term. This character has my support!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
i.... don't really comprehend why i feel this game interesting...I dislike motion controlled adventure games...don't care for fitness videogames, and the 2 presentators creeped me a little...

SO WHY THE HELL IM FEELING THIS GAME INTERESTING, AND THAT COULD BE ... FUN?

I barely blinked with labbo, so i don't care for innovative ideas just for teh sake of it. but this game actually feels that could be fun... hope teh accesories aren't super expensive though :/

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
Probably because it looks like a full game, and not just a tech demo. Also, I feel like people on this board are generally more inclined towards single-player RPG experiences (Smash being an exception).

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I do wonder if this is the final result of their vitality sensor work.

Nintendo doesn't like to let go of an idea after all.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Could see Ring Fit Adventurer as a rival to the Wii Fit Trainer. Based on what I saw on the trailer, I think she could be a unique character.

Put me on the support list.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I ironically support this.
As long as it's a video game character, the more the merrier!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
EES0J_WWkAI7qXn.jpg large.jpg

Oh my god.
Edit: Also, put me on the supporters list.
Edit again: Also, there appears to be a male version of the character.
EEVpvomXoAAdQWZ.jpg large.jpg

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Didin't other leak claimed that this female fighter would have an weird ass weapon? ...

she being the 5th challanger would feel like Mr Game and watch in melee...

I didn't requested him, i still wanted that interrogation slot to be either Ridley, Didy, or Mew...

I Still was pleasantly surprised and loved it.
(Maybe because even if at the age of like 12... i had a game boy and game and watch gallery was one of my most played games)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
This may sound weird but she reminds me of a Rapidash so I just refer to her as Blair which was the name I gave a Rapidash I once had.

Put me down for supporter lol

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So what you're saying is it wasn't a Smash reveal but the reveal of a character who will be in Smash?
That's some next level leak plays. Interesting.
Honestly I don't believe in this whatsoever, I just thought the timing of it all was hilarious.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well good news is more people believe she should be her own character than believe I'm nuts.

Hooray!

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not exactly interested in Ring Fit Adventure, that main character looks cool to me. I support.
Now, take this. It's yours now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

zferolie

Smash Hero
Dang it Guybrush20X6 Guybrush20X6 you beat me to making this. Curse working 12 hour days the last 2 days...

Sign me up. I would love her in smash, and I think she would at least be Isabelle/Luigi levels of echo. She could have some moves from Wii Fit trainer, but I think the ring and the other stuff it does would be quite unique

Ignore the echo placing for her. if someone can Shop this to be its own number(80, something else) then this is perfect

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Put me into the support list. For some reason I do not understand myself I am hyped about this game ....

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. I think she'd work best as a unique fighter honestly. :ultwiifittrainer:'s primary focus is yoga poses, which RFT could borrow from a bit if needed, but there's probably plenty to work with of her own. Perhaps they could even take a bit of creative liberty with the ring and have her wield it like a rhythmic gymnastics hoop for some moves.

I do wonder though, whether Ring Fit and Fitness Boxing are considered their own individual IP or if they're technically part of the Wii Fit series. It started on the Wii. but perhaps the focus is more on the Fit half with FB and RF perhaps at the very least being spiritual successors of sorts.

veeflames

Smash Rookie
Nintendo released an overview trailer on YouTube, and many media outlets are giving their previews of the game. Gotta say, the game sounds and looks so much fun, for some odd reason.

Anyway, you can add me to this support list. She looks madly interesting and would be fun to play in Smash.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh my god, I am so slow to the realization: the Ring-Con is supposed to be a Pilates resistance ring! I have no idea how that took me so long to figure out! XD

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Much like with Akira and DxM, I'm maintaining neutrality until the game comes out... but this character is too goofy for me not to like.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I mean, the character looks fine and all, but I'd much rather add an existing character who has been waiting to get into the series for a while.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For anyone who's missed it, here's the overview trailer

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I support she looks really cool and she would fit in smash well as a unique character.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I think she’s better than Labo Guy, they could easily use WFT as her base because of the similar build. However her mechanics would be different. So either newcomer or semi clone at worst.

Top Bottom