• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New advanced tactic

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I will name this new technique

The ANGEL GALLOP

Basically this is a way to move in such a way that it looks like Pit is galloping with by walking with his wings.

How this Applies:
Basically in this state you can do any move, It's another way to move around entirely. Imagine all the mindgames you can do with this AT. You can do a thing that I like to call "juking"

Juking is angel galloping toward your opponent and then dashing or rolling back the other way. It really throws off your opponent because he thinks you're going to attack him and is all prepared for his defense. But at the last second you yell "juke!" and run the other way. It's very important that you yell juke to let your opponent know he was just mindgamed. This might even frustrate them and give you a mental advantage.

Not only that but while angel galloping you look very graceful, which i believe is important to pits game. If you aren't graceful, you're not an angel.

The best thing about this tech is that you cant trip. It's amazing. Imagine a tripless brawl. Isn't that a perfect world.

How to perfom this tech

Okay how to do this requires a large amount of tech skill. What you have to do is hold left or right, but in a way where you don't run, dash, or walk, and then you are in the Angel Galloping state. You can even do this out of shield.

Credit

Credit goes to my brother Hati for finding the initial observation that led to me finding this tech

Video coming later.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uh.... o-o How can you hold left or right and not walk/dash....

kupo15

Smash Hero
cant wait for the vid cause I have no idea what you just said!! XP

EDIT: I hope we are not getting "juked" lol ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I look forward to using this ASAP. I would appreciate you guiding me again soon.

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
cant wait for the vid cause I have no idea what you just said!! XP

EDIT: I hope we are not getting "juked" lol ^_^
What he said. I hope we are not getting "juked" either. This seems kinda fishy XD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wait, the "Galloping" part is how Pit moves around, between walking and running.
I hope u aint tricking me, for I do require a lot from you, like guiding me, but if it involves mindgames, I'll try it. I recommend a vid of this soon so I can see how it is applied.

kown

Smash Lord
yea i really think this is a joke. cuz im trying it right now ill edit my posts in a bit.

EDIT: tbh i hope its not a joke tho cuz than my respect for you would go down.......
EDIT2: im sure its a joke now.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
if anything sounds like the angelic step

but its a joke casue sage sage says gallop with wings but your supposed to be walking, sage you fail for not closing the holes in your story

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
I think I know what he's talking about, although I can't confirm whether or not you trip.

Try moving the analog stick in all the way in one direction without smashing it. It's Pit's fast walking animation. I'd give you props for this but... everyone has it. if you walk with a character and then push the analog stick all the way in one direction while walking, they go into a fast walk, with an animation slightly different than the normal one. It gives you the benefit of walking (instant shield, mobile smashes), you just go faster. Not as fast as running, but it's good for spacing.

If you want to see this applied successfully, play a good Marth main. The usually have a tendency to walk away from the ledge a certain distance to set up for tipper fsmashes. Marth's equivalent to an 'Angel Gallop' is a funny looking jog. Hope this post helps.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Not to mention as pit u slide a good distance with almost any attack while u do this "gallop."

Death Hunter52

Smash Cadet
... cam someone help me... i cant seem to get this working with Mario. i can do it with pit ok but when i try it with Mario it just doesn't work :(

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm going to assume that's some weird Western sense of humor that I'm totally unfamiliar with. ^__^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Never have I been tricked by the 1 who was to guide me :(
But I guess this shows that I am a bit gullible. That's a double :(

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom