• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Addition to Arrow Looping-the "Knot"

kupo15

Smash Hero
Before I say anything, this was something SIR LUCARIO found and I am just posting it for him. Looking back it seems common sense, but no one has brought it to light and I think it adds to the Arrow Looping Mindgames. The video should be self explanatory.

The "knot"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJczup4FxdQ

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's a replay Sir Lucario gave me. Poor Gold Pit and Bowser, they were mine. Anyways he was teaching me on how to do this. It works well with Arrow Rain, you could shoot more after you see the first arrow come down, with good aiming of course. I am still learning how to do it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Arrow Rain, shooting 3-4 arrows in the air, and bringing them back down. It take a long time, so I prefer to do it when I knock someone away pretty far. It fails on BF and SV. Make a Pit arrow practice stage and see what you can come up with.
As for the knot, it brings the arrow down a little longer than Arrow looping does, but the opponent might not expect it.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I've learned this through self-discovery. In other words, my brother and I were on a stage my brother made. We were on teams, and we were fighting two computer while playing HP Mode. I stood on top of the stage, but was forced to alter the angle of my arrows to bring them back down as seen in the video. You can do the same thing by firing it forward and curving it around as if you were going to do an Arrow Loop.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea i just realized that you can curve it like an arrow loop lol. So I guess it is just bringing it to ppls attention

Crystanium

Smash Hero
yea i just realized that you can curve it like an arrow loop lol. So I guess it is just bringing it to ppls attention
One of the more difficult things I've tried on a large stage that I created (like a stage in which Arrows Loops are created to practice) was firing Palutena's Arrow, tilting it upward, bringing it down, and having it return to my direction where I was standing, then bring it upward again, bring it down, and have it return in my direction. So essentially, it would look like an infinite symbol. I doubt that has any use, but I wanted to see how much manipulation I could pull with the arrows.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
That exact manipulation wouldn't have much practical use, but I highly encourage stretching the limits. It will help us maximize control over the arrows, which will be an invaluable asset in high-level play, regardless of whether one's particular fighting style revolves around arrows. I'm not very influential, so my encouragement of this probably doesn't mean much, but I'm looking into it and I hope some of you will.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That exact manipulation wouldn't have much practical use, but I highly encourage stretching the limits. It will help us maximize control over the arrows, which will be an invaluable asset in high-level play, regardless of whether one's particular fighting style revolves around arrows. I'm not very influential, so my encouragement of this probably doesn't mean much, but I'm looking into it and I hope some of you will.
Well, like I said, it has no practicality, at least in matches. I was just seeing how much manipulation could be used.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I've done it. It's kinda obvious, but somewhat trickier than a regular arrow loop if you don't know the actual timing of the manipulation. Harder to aim, too due to it coming back almost straight down rather than from the side.

...Much more surprising and fun as hell to hit with, though.

link2702

Smash Champion
my....Pit....on ns2....did that all the time....and you guys are just NOW discovering it? :o

Crystanium

Smash Hero
my....Pit....on ns2....did that all the time....and you guys are just NOW discovering it? :o
Some discover it on their own and tell others. Some discover it on their own and say nothing. The one who mentions it first is the first to be credited for it. Whether it's an early find or a late find, it matters not. They're all going to be used anyway.

While we're at it, the Arrow Loop is an advanced technique. Other uses branch off of the Arrow Loop. For example, I could say, "I have created a new kind of Arrow Loop. I call it the 'Fish Hook.' The reason I call it this is because Palutena's Arrow goes up as though it were going to be an Arrow Loop, but instead of returning right where you're at, it flies below you. Thus, it looks like a fish hook. This is performed at the edge of the stage for anyone who is attempting to fly to the other side of the stage. Hopefully, it will hit the opponent."

For visuals, observe below:

The point would be where the Arrow starts. It then circles around, as seen where the bend is at. Then it flies diagonally like the shank, and finally, the eye hits the opponent. Try it on Final Destination at one of the edges. Heck, I don't even think you need to perform right by the edge. You can just use it while on the stage. This, of course, would mean that you have to do at least a double jump. Yet, this useless. I suppose we could just come up with names for the Arrow Loop variants.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yea I think that a list of arrow loop variations would be cool. I think that is a great idea
Yeah. For example, this one is called the "Knot," because of the way it is manipulated. To give an illustration, there is only one rope, but there are many knots that can be made by that one rope. The same could be used for Palutena's Arrows. It's called, "Arrow Loop," because it goes in a loop. :chuckle:

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Idk i see it more as a figure 8. Cause if u shoot it horizontally, you can make it loop in a figure 8 or rather the infinity symbol.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Idk i see it more as a figure 8. Cause if u shoot it horizontally, you can make it loop in a figure 8 or rather the infinity symbol.
Eight - 8
Infinity - ∞

If you made it to where it looked more like an eight, this would mean that you would do it vertically. I did mine horizontally. No doubt, Pit could do it either way.

Top Bottom