• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Never-going-to-happen DLC character wish list

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Kinda self explanatory.
These characters should have a miniscule chance of ever getting in, but not impossible(see certain anime reps)

#1: Monkey D. Luffy
Luffy is one of the most well-known anime protagonists(behind Goku, but I doubt he has any chance) and has a MASSIVE amount of moves to choose from

Gimmick: Luffy's gimmick would be Haki.
Holding down Shield will activate Observation Haki, which slows down time(similar to that one item I can't remember the name of, and Witch Time) and Luffy's shield does not disappear.
By Down-Taunting, Luffy will use Conqueror's Haki, which stuns all players(except himself) with higher damage, and unlike normal stun, on wakeup, they cannot input commands for 2 seconds. This can only be used once per round.
Side-taunting will activate Armament Haki, which increases damage, lowers knockback, and makes your shield unbreakable, but uses up a gauge, which when depleted, must be restored by not using this type of haki. Potential Moveset:

Neutral Special: Gomu Gomu no Pistol. Would probably have a long reach, and could be charged up for more damage.

Side Special:
Gomu Gomu no Rocket. Basically the same as above, but can grab on to ledges, and must be charged.

Up Special: Gomu Gomu no Axe. Similar to Pistol but Luffy's leg is stretched into the air, and then slammed down in the direction he's facing.

Down Special: Gear Change(Gear 2, Gear 3, Gear 4). Similar to Mondo Arts, Luffy would have a UI where he could change his form. Holding Left-Right would use G2, Up would use G3, and imputing down would go G4(Boundman)

In depth Form Guide

Gear 2: Increases Luffy's speed dramatically(think x2-3 walking speed) but increases the damage he takes by the same amount. This form lasts for 30 Seconds, after which Luffy will be stunned unless he cancels out the mode.

Double tapping any direction(except down) will "teleport" Luffy a short distance(Soru style) and he is invulnerable while doing this.

Neutral Special:
Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol: A much faster version of regular Pistol, which does less damage, but more knockback. Also the attack "projectile" cannot be aimed.

Side Special: Gomu Gomu no Jet Gatling: A rapid fast barrage of Jet Pistol-style punches, with low knockback.

Up Special: Gomu Gomu no Jet Shell: A combination of Gear 2nd and 3rd, where Luffy blows his body to a massive size, and then lunges at the opponent.

Down Special: see Above Down Special

Gear 3

Neutral Special: Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gun. I don't feel like doing this anymore.

Side Special: Gomu Gomu no Elephant Gatling Gun. Rapid Elephant Gun.

Up Special: Ledge Grab. Uses his arm to try and grab a ledge, opponent, or item, and then rockets up to it.

Down Special: See above.

Gear 4:

Neutral Special: Gomu Gomu no Kong Gun.

Side Special: Gomu Gomu no Kong Organ. Gatling gun version of Kong Gun

Up Special: FLYING. Self explanitory

Down Special: do I have to put this?

Potential Final Smash: Gomu Gomu no King Kong Gun. Giant version of Kong Gun.

Reasoning: Bandai currently has the rights to Luffy in the gaming world, and considering Pac-Man is in the game, there might be a chance for Luffy to be one of the DlC Fighters.
I don't think it's likely since Nintendo(presumably) have already negotiated DLC characters.

Post your own Ideas BELOW!

chaostails7

Smash Cadet
Marina Liteyears

She would, of course, be a grappler, and be extremely mobile.

Up Special: Booster
Neutral Special: Grab (with option to "Shake Shake" and throw in any direction)
Side Special: Slide dash
Down Special: Clanpot

Final Smash: Summon Blockman

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
This thread has already been made, at least two or three times.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I kinda want Luffy in Smash as well, but sadly that’ll never happen.

Greetings from Glaze D. Bacon. :D

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I really want Dr Lobe. Or a Style Savvy character. Or a Nintendog. Or Doshin (what ? He's not too big too, considering that Bowser, Charizard and Ridley are in the game. And Olimar has the size of an ant. And he's playable.) I want Doshin. It would be fun, but I prefer Dr Lobe or a Style Savvy character.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Felicia from FE Fates, my favorite character from the game and a fighter with daggers, ice magic, and maybe even some staff stuff seems pretty cool and unique to me

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The TMNT, Lilo & Stitch and Totally Spies

D

Deleted member

Playing SteamWorld Dig 2 right now (great game btw) and I think Dorothy (or Rusty) would make an awesome fighter. She's got a grappling hookshot, a pix axe for melee attacks, hydraulic jackhammer fist, jet pack, projectile bomb...so easy to make a moveset around. But it'll never happen.

I also enjoyed Child of Light and Aurora would be an awesome fighter; she can fly and wields a sword and the power of light.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
1. Bonk, the bald headed, big headed caveman platforming mascot from Hudson. I'm really sad that they canned his reboot, and now Konami owns the IP, and it's never coming back... not fair. The series had what it took to go the distnce but the people handling it just didn't care enough. Naturally he's got lots of headbutts, bites, and flips, but he could use some of the powers of his alternate forms from the many sequels.

2. Magmar, my favorite pokemon, but unpopular. Even though it had one of the most memorable battles in the indigo league. It doesn't sell merchandise, so I have no hope for it.

3, Amy Rose. Because aside from Robotnik, none of the the "viable" Sonic characters interest me.

4. Princess Tomato. You know, from the Salad Kingdom? I never even played that game, I just think the text Adventure genre should be represented in Smash, and that's the only one that stands out.

5. George, from Rampage, with Lizzie and Ralph alts... if Ridley was once considered too big for playable, then these guys would be considered too big for boss status. I'd settle for them just being stage hazards in a Rampage themed stage, but alas, it's a western game that nobody really cares about anymore.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've got five of them.

More to the point, I've got links to four threads where this sort of thing could be covered...

https://smashboards.com/threads/peculiar-dlc-picks.464257
https://smashboards.com/threads/rea...t-lets-hear-some-crazy-newcomer-ideas.457392/
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...speculation-begins-potential-spoilers.434391/
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-speculation-discussion.453424/

As this thread seems redundant given how many other threads serve the same purpose, I'm going to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom