• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Yink, yeah one of my other crew mates suggested Wario, however as REALLY stupid as it may sound i take into account how much i like the character and where they came from ( like game) hence why i love Ness and Lucas so much.

I always hated Wario cause when i was little i was playing Mario Party and did one of those 60turn games ( which take ages to complete) and on the last turn of the entire game Wario switched all stars with me, I had 13 he had 0.:(:(

Haha but anyways iv'e always loved Donkey Kong Country and liked Diddy a lot and loved Falco from Starfox64. Hence why those 2 were the ones i was considering the most. But yeah that may be a really stupid way to base stuff of who you play in brawl but, ehhh its how i am:psycho:

Yeah and i agree Ness has limitations, and just quite a bit of gay that can be done to him, i guess when i hear stuff about how FOW did this or FOW did that ( taking M2K to the wire, beating tyrant, I saw him almost knock mikehaze out of genesis) things like that, so it makes me want to keep trying. However i do know that even he 2nd's Meta, but didn't use him in the stuff i mentioned above...

Rant over, sorry guys. But thats good to see at least i have some backing and you guys understand.

Levitas

the moon
Yink, yeah one of my other crew mates suggested Wario, however as REALLY stupid as it may sound i take into account how much i like the character and where they came from ( like game) hence why i love Ness and Lucas so much.
My ultimate weakness is just that: it's the sole reason I absolutely refuse to play fox/falco in melee and about a third of the brawl cast :p

It also keeps me away from diddy and wario >.>

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
My ultimate weakness is just that: it's the sole reason I absolutely refuse to play fox/falco in melee and about a third of the brawl cast :p

It also keeps me away from diddy and wario >.>
YES! I'm not the only one!

So i take it you were not fond of Starfox and Donkey Kong Country?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

Yeah and i agree Ness has limitations, and just quite a bit of gay that can be done to him, i guess when i hear stuff about how FOW did this or FOW did that ( taking M2K to the wire, beating tyrant, I saw him almost knock mikehaze out of genesis) things like that, so it makes me want to keep trying. However i do know that even he 2nd's Meta, but didn't use him in the stuff i mentioned above...
If you feel it you can be as good as FOW or smash64 then you can, you just have to know he probably worked hard to get that way. Also know that in order to win sometimes as Ness you have to do twice as much work to get the same results. It's not "impossible", it's just harder.

I do only Ness, the only time I use Snake is against a MU I don't know well. I still do Ness against MK and Diddy, etc. Oh and ICs too. That's a FUN NESS MU. PKF will be your friend.

Though I do suggest you REALLY get a lot of experience. When I go to tournaments I play as many different people as possible.

EDIT: KING BEEF I LOVE YOU. :laugh:

Don't worry, I'm a girl.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I do have to say though, while taking no credit away from FOW or Smash64, Shaky, all those guys. Yes FOW did amazing at that ONE tournament, since then though i have yet to see him make noise, maybe making 9th or 13th at best and even then this was only a few times. Also FOW does use MK. I think if you want to get "consistently" top placings you need a secondary. ( At least here in Texas)

However i may be wrong. just my 2 cents.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I've been training a ton with my region's top players (plus another top player from outside my region) recently and the more I learn about this game the more I believe Ness is capable of competing at all levels of play against all characters, even if he has to try a little harder. I think that very few characters are actually handicapped to the point of being unable to win, but that there are also very few mid/low tier players who are willing to put in the dedication to get truly good.

Well.. there are some, but few have the necessary know-how or players near them with that knowledge to improve.

Part of this is probably coincidence, but I think a bigger part is this game has such wide top and high tiers that people get discouraged with the number of tough matchups they have to learn. For instance if you want to play Abel in SFIV the only matchups you will struggle to learn are probably Gief and Sagat because they're the only hard-counter matchups that you'll actually see with any consistency at high-level play, but if you want to play Ness in Brawl then you need to learn Snake, Marth, G&W, ROB, MK, IC's, D3, and Falco plus a slew of other matchups that while they aren't true counters they are still better characters.

I've been to probably a couple dozen tourneys now and in the past was always frustrated with never improving, but it's just because you can't improve if you don't know what's actually going wrong. It took me a long time to find good players who actually knew how to make a player good; a lot of good players either aren't willing to help or just don't know how because although they can see mistakes and punish them they don't know what causes their opponents to make the decisions that lead to those mistakes.

I'm going to elaborate on this a lot more later, but I'm going to wait until next week after LBT2 so I don't post a bunch of stuff and end up looking dumb if I muck up and drown in pools or something :laugh:. I'll say two things though first:

1) In the past there were a bunch of times when I would say something like "I got a lot better" when really all I did was become more comfortable with my character. I see a lot of people say things like this actually when though they might be more comfortable, they aren't necessarily better. Now that I'm certain I've got better at understanding the actual game at high-level play I know I have actually improved. The results are very tangible so far, but I need to wait for a tourney to be sure (and LBT2 this weekend is looking to be the largest Canadian Brawl tournament in history).

2) Player is a lot more important than character. This was confirmed to me on the weekend when Ally won GF of a tourney with Falcon against MK (a really really good MK too, he took Holy out of the tournament and is our region's top player).

So yeah, give me a week and if all goes well I'll elaborate a lot further on this.

oops, didn't mean for this post to get nearly this long, oh well hopefully it helps someone or helps sway someone somewhere to stick with their main.

quick edit:
Basically what I'm saying is I don't think there are any low tier players yet who are actually as good at the game itself as the pros right now, completely disregarding character selection. The lowest character on the tier list who has such representation I believe is Luigi, and that's with boss.

another edit:
Samus also has one such representative but if I mention him it will be name-searched within 2 minutes and inflate his ego :p. Unfortunately Samus is in fact one of those very few characters who are actually handicapped to the point of being unable to win.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Awesomeness yink, i like the look of this ness thread...

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Cool, i will, it sounds like a good hangout for all PK playerz..

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Avarice, i agree after reading your post. I guess my thing is, is one of my best friends is D......O.......J......O. ( trying to prevent name search xD). He is the top player in Texas and arguable a top 3 MK in the nation. He has always been a big supporter of my Ness and has pushed me really far, however on the way home from the past tournament he and another one of our top players were telling me i strongly needed to consider a valid 2nd in order to get to where i want to be.

Part of me really thinks i don't need it though, i guess sometimes maybe i just wonder if i am not being accepting of the truth.

And Yink your Avatar is super sexy, so is yours Levitas. Where did yall get that at

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
No one likes the truth dear...but we all have to try to accept it sometime.

If you want an ava like mine I can get you one! I find these images because...well I'm Yink. I can find anything MOTHER related on this planet. FYI Tyson, I'm moving to Houston this summer. ;)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
If you can uber read your opponents and mindgame them intonall of your attacks like I can, you can eventually prove to them that you don't need a 2nd...

My mind works randomly to the point where I'm sometimes surprised that I pull some weird thing off...

Also, could someone find me a dragoon picture for an avatar? If possible, eight-bit type or a good, lower quality image...

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Avarice, i agree after reading your post. I guess my thing is, is one of my best friends is D......O.......J......O. ( trying to prevent name search xD). He is the top player in Texas and arguable a top 3 MK in the nation. He has always been a big supporter of my Ness and has pushed me really far, however on the way home from the past tournament he and another one of our top players were telling me i strongly needed to consider a valid 2nd in order to get to where i want to be.

Part of me really thinks i don't need it though, i guess sometimes maybe i just wonder if i am not being accepting of the truth.
If you can uber read your opponents and mindgame them intonall of your attacks like I can, you can eventually prove to them that you don't need a 2nd...
Eagleye is right here; your character doesn't determine if you're smarter than your opponent. I've switched between Ness, Snake and Dedede numerous times, I even mained exclusively Snake for a period, my results never differed from my usual performance with Ness. As long as your character can punish openings you can win, but with a low tier you need to be more aware of how to create those openings and be able to more quickly deduce your most viable option at those times. Part of what makes top tiers so good is that they either have more viable options at any given time :metaknight: :diddy: :snake: meaning even if you don't choose the best one for the situation you are still likely to be rewarded, or they are able to escape /endure punishment :snake: :dedede: :wario: for their mistakes well enough that they can afford to make more slip-ups like these than other characters. Some characters simply can't punish openings though :ganondorf: and these are the ones who are truly unable to win.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration

D*mn, my own personal invitation. :o
Anyone want to go to this with me? *coughyinkandsmash64*

Oh and I'm thinking about using Robert as a secondary, since he goes 50/50 with Martha and he's f*cking awesome.

Also I'm still waiting for that Paula avatar from your old avatar Yink... ;_;

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Ohhhhhhhh! That looks so fun. Feb. huh? I dunno, I might be able to go. IF YOU BRING AN N64 GOD****IT.

EDIT fail: Ok Dajay, sorry I'll get it to you today lol.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
oh yeah.... if you guys wanna know at all, I got an AIM account!!!

EAGL3n1gm4

and if that thing was nearby (not in indiana), i would probly come along....

parents wouldn't allow though....

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Why didn't you join your son at Hot Dikkings? I'm too disappointed...

Hot. Dikks. I approve of it.

AIM = dajayman654. Add it peeps. I got AIM to work on my broken computer, so I can always be on AIM now. XD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Black mages are awesome..... I just realized that.....

But not as awesome as dragoons..... dragoons are beastly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmi_7udjaSE

^speaking of that, does anyone know if they have a full/combined version of their EB stuff? I have found small portions of EB based.... music from them, but nothing full.

Top Bottom