• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, I 1-2'd everyone that I played that was good....

I played YoshQ in pools and he got a misfire to take out my last stock, which sorta destroyed my progression into a comeback. I needed one UAir or BThrow to take out his second stock and I was at like 50%, meaning that after that all I needed was like a good string of aerials, like I had been pulling out the entirety of the tournament, in order to equal him in percentage... but that misfire killed me because I wasn't being careful.

I played Legan in pools and bracket, and those games were all EXTREMELY well-fought. I ended up 1-2. Pools, I took his Link even almost the entire time, both of us being at high percent last stock to end the game... but he pulled out ahead the last game and got the kill with a good... upB or DSmash. Bracket, he destroyed me with ZSS.

I played DLA in pools.... I was beating him really well first game, but he adapted to my playstyle and ended up 2-1'ing me.

I played Cheese in bracket. THIS WAS A HYPE MATCH! We were really even. I sorta SD'd early on in the 3rd game when he was ICs and CP'd Battlefield, but I took him back to like 50-ish% last stock before he got a really good grab and that led to a USmash. I was keeping out of his range really well and using some epic drop-through aerials, but since my tech skill isn't perfect, I messed up and used fsmash or dsmash a couple times, which he punished with UAirs....

This tournament was eye-opening. I need to have more mix-ups, despite how difficult to punish some of the things I do can be. I need to work on tech skill, because if I hadn't messed up those 20+ times and DSmashed or FSmashed instead of DashAttack-ing or BAir/FAir-ing, I wouldn't have taken around the 10% for each time that I messed up.
I'll be practicing and such, 'cause everyone was complementing my Ness a bunch at tourney. If I'm lucky, I *MIGHT* get a ride to APEX. If I do go, I'd hope to see FOW, Shaky, and Vice there. If possible, Yink, Smash64, RedX, and any other relatively-high-placing Ness mains. Us Ness mains need to help a brotha out.

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Video? :D I'd love to see you in the matches, Eagle.

Last night I had the realization that my little (large) hiatus hurt me a lot. Anyone remember me being at least a remotely respectable Brawler? Anyone? :D? I fought Zamz last night and realized how bad I've gotten. xD
Anyone wanna help me train back up? :D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They eat all their vegetables.

Also, Eagleeee, how did you lose to Luigi?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, I didn't lose to LUIGI, I lost to YOSHQ. There's a difference.

@Rorroh, :( I didn't get any of those matches recorded. :( :( :( I wish I had.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Okay, I didn't lose to LUIGI, I lost to YOSHQ. There's a difference.
I've played Yosh's Luigi a couple times, didn't find it too crazy or anything. Just get the matchup down :)

Last tournament I went to I got 5th OoS, I've been a bit inactive recently...too busy with school and various things.

BTW: Went to a Halloween party, as a Game Boy. get@me. There WAS a Ness there too, and a billion Links.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I beat Yosh 2-0 and even 2 stocked him one of the games I played him. The other game was just a general average win, nothing too fancy about it.

Ness is MUCH more difficult to play against imo, and from my experience, Ness is pretty free. Only Ness Ive ever lost to is FOW, but I took him to the last game and only lost game 3 due to tripping (SAKURAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!). Sure, I WAS down 10%ish when I tripped, BUT STILL, I HAD THAT!!!

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
go eagle! Also Yoshi is a stressful matchup and he definitely has a slight advantage but Ness has such a nice a way of covering Yoshi's movement that i think it is far from free. Gameboy yink? That's pretty cool. I went as Cyclops this year and my visor was like looking through beer goggles, which was probably compounded by me being a bit buzzed. Future years I'll get a real visor, it was real fun being Cyclops when there were like 15 wolverines running around my town. I felt so hipster.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Today I faced Red X in brackets... Ness dittos abound.

With a twist: our second match we agreed to go to Hyrule Temple

I totally got my *** handed to me but DAMN it was fun!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
go eagle! Also Yoshi is a stressful matchup and he definitely has a slight advantage but Ness has such a nice a way of covering Yoshi's movement that i think it is far from free. Gameboy yink? That's pretty cool. I went as Cyclops this year and my visor was like looking through beer goggles, which was probably compounded by me being a bit buzzed. Future years I'll get a real visor, it was real fun being Cyclops when there were like 15 wolverines running around my town. I felt so hipster.
it was YoshQ, a Luigi main. I still hate the Yoshi MU though. xD

He beat JJ-Rockets in a $MM pretty handedly. That's what I meant by he rocked me; I challenged him to a $MM and got 3-0'd (b3o5). :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tell that to Yink, she thinks Ness is OP against Yoshi and that Ness wins.

Yoshi imo has a solid +1.

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Yoshis have been far and few for me, so I'd bet I'd lose against them. No idea how they fare. xD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Even by analyzing the MU, I'd say playing Yoshi is difficult. Yoshi has many more tools to grab you for starters and can make it a pain to get back to the ground. I personally like being grounded as Ness, so you can just laugh at me there. xD

BTW, Yink, Ness' DashAttack is awesome. Dajayman agrees with me. You've gotta use it with third-hit or second>third hit only. First hit DashAttack is garbo.

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've been using dash attack successfully, but moreso on its second and third hits. It's useful.

AND OSHI MKS FLYING AROUND MY MOUSE WHAT IS THIS SORCERY

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
Yoshi: any grab is like 20% or death at high percent (and his pivot grab is decent). His camp game is better than ours. Just those 2 facts alone make Yoshi way formidable. I could possibly be convinced the matchup is +0 but for now I think it is -1. I have played/beaten burntsocks twice in pools, and I have done friendlies against hadesblade in person about 2 years ago. Ness's advantages I believe are that Ness can kill a bit more reliably (would be a lot more reliably if Yoshi didn't have grab release to uair/usmash) and once Ness is in a favorable position I believe he can follow Yoshi through the air and combo with ariels very well.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi: any grab is like 20% or death at high percent (and his pivot grab is decent). His camp game is better than ours. Just those 2 facts alone make Yoshi way formidable. I could possibly be convinced the matchup is +0 but for now I think it is -1. I have played/beaten burntsocks twice in pools, and I have done friendlies against hadesblade in person about 2 years ago. Ness's advantages I believe are that Ness can kill a bit more reliably (would be a lot more reliably if Yoshi didn't have grab release to uair/usmash) and once Ness is in a favorable position I believe he can follow Yoshi through the air and combo with ariels very well.
This, except our pivot grab is far more than just decent. MK can't punish it if he's standing on the ground when we do it its so fast, and the grab lasts almost as long as the whole thing AND reaches far, so only characters with projectiles or something like an ftilt that use a weapon that is fast AND reaches far enough can punish it, like D3's ftilt (also, MK's ftilt doesnt go far enough).

It also out-ranges/beats out all Grabs except Samus/ZSS pivot grabs, but doesnt have the terrible lag those two have if it misses, in fact it has less lag than most dash grabs if whiffed.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I honestly agree with most of what fluttershy is saying. Fortunately, we have PK Fire. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I say it helps a bunch in the MU.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I honestly agree with most of what fluttershy is saying. Fortunately, we have PK Fire. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I say it helps a bunch in the MU.
We can Double jump out if it with out DJ Armor, then DJC it to land on the ground with an egg lay to make a wall between us. If we take a PK Fire, we should only be taking 3-4% then resetting the field.

We can also get out of the Fire and throw out the DJC egg lay before your lag is over on PK Fire if it isnt at max rang, so really, PK Fire isnt safe at all on Yoshi.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
We can Double jump out if it with out DJ Armor, then DJC it to land on the ground with an egg lay to make a wall between us. If we take a PK Fire, we should only be taking 3-4% then resetting the field.

We can also get out of the Fire and throw out the DJC egg lay before your lag is over on PK Fire if it isnt at max rang, so really, PK Fire isnt safe at all on Yoshi.
first hit pk-fire gets like 5%.... I don't disagree that you can get out of the pillar fast, b/c DJ does awesome stuff, but Ness has a bunch of tools to get people who break out earlier. DashAttack, Running up and perfect-shielding that egg or just ADing through it to a dashgrab...
I still agree that Yoshi vs. Ness is in Yoshi's favor by +1. As vice said, Yoshi can effectively camp out Ness on some places. If Ness gets some momentum, it's really good for the Ness, but there are some things that Yoshi can do to break that....

OH, BTW! If the Yoshi reacts too slowly to PK Jump at low percents, meaning they get trapped in the pillar, you can UAir them and get a free shieldgrab, 'cause our UAir hits yoshi out of super-armor. I did it in a friendly and was like "this is dang useful."

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I was Ness for halloween but if I had it my way I'd be ness every other day of the year

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
first hit pk-fire gets like 5%.... I don't disagree that you can get out of the pillar fast, b/c DJ does awesome stuff, but Ness has a bunch of tools to get people who break out earlier. DashAttack, Running up and perfect-shielding that egg or just ADing through it to a dashgrab...
I still agree that Yoshi vs. Ness is in Yoshi's favor by +1. As vice said, Yoshi can effectively camp out Ness on some places. If Ness gets some momentum, it's really good for the Ness, but there are some things that Yoshi can do to break that....

OH, BTW! If the Yoshi reacts too slowly to PK Jump at low percents, meaning they get trapped in the pillar, you can UAir them and get a free shieldgrab, 'cause our UAir hits yoshi out of super-armor. I did it in a friendly and was like "this is dang useful."
I'll record a match between me and a local Ness, and I'll show you just how fast Yoshi can get out of PK Fire, and how near impossible it is to even follow up on anything against him after that move.

Yoshi was basically born to counter that move, he's set up perfectly and has all the right tools to do so.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Counter THAT MOVE, not Ness as a whole.

Marth can at least be punished after being hit by PK Fire, but if Yoshi, someone who is already mobile and hard to hit with moves like that, can absolutely NOT be punished if it even happens to connect if the Yoshi knows how to get out.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Marth touches it with his sword and then it misses him. He also gets out of it AND can counter the entire thing.

Sorry bro.

:phone:

Top Bottom