• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

_clinton

Smash Master
Tell me about it, recovery is such a pain with such a sensitive move like PKT and grabbing the ledge in order to edge guard is worse. I also can't use my best PK fire stuff but that really only affects Lucas.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lag is awesome, it's one of Sakurai's many ingenious troll attempts.

Oh and I'm like, picking up Ness.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm picking up Ness because BBR is doing a comprehensive matchup chart.

Unfortunately for the PSI boys, there's like... no rep back there LOL.

I know a bit about Ness (never played him seriously though obv), know a couple Ness mains, and just thought I might as well pick him up, go all Ness next tournament, and see what's good.

Guess it's just an exercise of curiosity, I'm obviously not expecting to win anything. Guess going from Falco to Ness is a major step down but OH WELL.

Bumblebee costume is mad cute so it makes up... Also gonna play Lucas but he's too much of a coward for me to appreciate, even if he is blonde.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But it's cool, Ness does lots of cool cartwheels and **** before Wario owns him.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I'll brawl you, Clinton!

@Teran:

GAHHH!!!!

Why did none of us ness mains get chosen for BBR? I applied, but I saw yink applied and yink is awesome!

Anyways, if you want a full report of ness techniques and tactics and stuff, look at PK cross, the ness guide, Ref's ness guide, and my failed start of a "guide." the first two show all the moves and ref is a baller. Mine was trying to delve into more of the application process of things, but NOBODY POSTS ON/LOOKS AT IT ANYMORE!!!!

On that note, plz look at that guide again, everyone, and start giving your insight.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I'd like to contribute to this "super guide" of yours, but man it's been so long, idk whats new or if what I did in the past is legit anymore.

I certainly hope this place isnt as dead as you make it sound. A community guide sounds very useful and I'd like fellow contribution. There were also too many cool people on this board to leave behind D:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
The guide of mine basically died.... its like a month or two old.. :(

but i still want to add stuff.

edit: anyone up for wifi?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@Teran:

GAHHH!!!!

Why did none of us ness mains get chosen for BBR? I applied, but I saw yink applied and yink is awesome!

Anyways, if you want a full report of ness techniques and tactics and stuff, look at PK cross, the ness guide, Ref's ness guide, and my failed start of a "guide." the first two show all the moves and ref is a baller. Mine was trying to delve into more of the application process of things, but NOBODY POSTS ON/LOOKS AT IT ANYMORE!!!!

On that note, plz look at that guide again, everyone, and start giving your insight.
Well I avoided giving input on American players so heh don't blame me.

Also checked them obv, a lot of it I already knew so I was just like werd dawg.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
sorry, PSI.Kick.... :(

YOU DIDN'T LOOK AT THE DTILT MADNESS!!!!

I haven't added nearly half the stuff i have on my mind....

_clinton

Smash Master
I'd like to contribute to this "super guide" of yours, but man it's been so long, idk whats new or if what I did in the past is legit anymore.

I certainly hope this place isnt as dead as you make it sound. A community guide sounds very useful and I'd like fellow contribution. There were also too many cool people on this board to leave behind D:
Hi EB360, I still play Brawl ^_^

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
EB360 I like your sig and you in general. I spoke with you last night though. ;P

Also, I spent like an hour teaching Teran the basics of Ness, stages and tougher match ups. He's going to be awesome.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran to win MLG one day with Ness obv.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, my other thingamajig about psimag can also help:

But, other tips I have:
None of ness' moves are bad, even pkflash.
Dtilt is too pro!
PSImag FTW!!!!
Ftilt is unexpected and can get you some kills and percent.
Bthrow, bair, uair, and dair are all fairly reliable kill moves (I use dair sourspotted)
FH aerials are better than SH aerials after a certain percent (out of grab range, better chance to follow up, safety, and more string possibilities[FH nair>dair works!!!])
uair is your main landing move, followed by a super well spaced and timed bair, followed by an autocanceled dair. Nair and fair CAN ^be landed, but the lag on them makes me say otherwise.
In order of highest usage, uair, bair/nair, dair, fair (fair is only for spacing and baiting and lucky opportunities. The others actually do stuff)
Utilt is good and quick, dtilt is quick and near lagless, but does little damage, ftilt is somewhat slow and does damage and knockback.
Fsmash is meh, usmash is meeeehhhh, dsmash is just okay.
Jab combo is terribad.
Dash attack is awesome (learn the spacing on this!!! It gets to many of my opponents due to the odd range of it)
Dashgrab... Learn the spacing.
Pkt is a necessity. Pkfire is a second necessity. PSIMAG is awesome and can save yourself if you are pro (i made the most epic absorption on wifi last night... xD). Pkflash is for opportunity.
Dthrow.... I swear, it has some true combos, but I can never test it right. You need to ^be frame perfect. It's like immediately afterthe throw, dash>FH>(x)
Fthrow is to get ppl away and regroup thinking.
Bthrow is kill
Uthrow is to get ppl above and ^be all cool with pkt and other stuff.

(don't ask why, but my iPhone corrects "be" to ^be for absolutely no reason)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I've claimed PSImag was too broken too much.... Now it's just old. I've moved on to "everything is broken!"

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I can't remember the last time I used Ness' dtilt, either consciously or by mistake.

And Chuee I'd just end up wrecking you on Brinstar and winning MLG.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I can't remember the last time I used Ness' dtilt, either consciously or by mistake.

And Chuee I'd just end up wrecking you on Brinstar and winning MLG.
Then I'd CP you to CS game 3 and you'd run into my fully charged Usmash on the pillars on the second transformation.
Yup.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
^ that's why I hate wifi. I perfect shield everything irl, but wifi hates me and says "nope, you willingly ran into something that would surely kill you"

Wifi sucks so much.

Gimme info on MAS dajay!!!!

Like what is MAS an abbreviation for?

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Then I'd CP you to CS game 3 and you'd run into my fully charged Usmash on the pillars on the second transformation.
Yup.
But then I'd grab you and fthrow kill you at 0% by the walkoff part. And the pillars wouldn't be there because they'd be burned down by my PKF fire pillars.

Most Angriest Shinobu? I think that's what it stands for, Webster has weird names for his tournaments.
You better be at the next MAS, it's on Dec 4th.

Top Bottom