• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

_clinton

Smash Master
So, I think my wii's lens is ****ed, I couldn't start any of my games on it.

I have to <3 nintendo.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Where has Yink been? I feel like she's a ghost now.
Hi there how are yo-

She's always been a ghost. She died in 199X.
Okay well I guess that's-

Besides she ran off to Europe with Levitas remember....
London was a pretty nice cit-

Then I stole her.
Wait ho-

Then I stole Levitas.
What's going o-

Then I stole Ness.
How does this even work? D:

i just MMed DEHF :3.
How'd that go? :)

Hi Nesses.

_clinton

Smash Master
So, I just spent $10 bucks on a Wii lens cleaning kit. It didn't work and I guess that does mean my wii's lens is truly ****ed up somehow.

I'm going to miss my homebrew stuff if I send the wii in, anyone have any advice for how to not have to send the wii into Nintendo?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hi you two~

So, I just spent $10 bucks on a Wii lens cleaning kit. It didn't work and I guess that does mean my wii's lens is truly ****ed up somehow.

I'm going to miss my homebrew stuff if I send the wii in, anyone have any advice for how to not have to send the wii into Nintendo?
Erm...well I can't say I do...mine hardly works as it is (no sound, rarely turns on correctly for long periods of time).

I guess the only thing I can think of is to either send it to Nintendo (which you don't want to do..) or get a new Wii (which is expensive and has nothing on it). Sorry :(

Also, rPSI stole my NGD name!

Meccs

@Meccs_
lol off-topic but I was at price choppers today doing grocery shopping and I was in an isle with pancake syrup and stuff.
well there was this old lady there looking at the syrup stuff...
she took a bottle from the shelf...
and then... she PUT IT IN HER MOUTH. Cap first.
and kept it in there for like 10 seconds...
I thought "ummmm... that's really ****ing weird but it's not like she's gonna... OH MY GOD."
and she put it back on the shelf and walked away.
0_o

and my new LeafGreen team is beast. and I'll be around for WiFi (DUBS. ?.)tonighththththghtghtrhg

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys, I passed out and had a party to go to.
anyways as for the MM, DEHF is a cool guy. the MM since we both it was our first time facing each other, first match he made a couple mistakes, and took my pkt2, I forgot what happened after, but I had at 3 stock to 1. but I started getting nervous, and making mistakes, and lost anyways "/, and kept making mistakes in the next games and lost. friendlies (when i didn't make mistakes, xD) it was pretty equal, I'd get him to last stock 90+ everytime, but he'd get the last kill. :3 video will be up later.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
he came here for a yearly tourney we have here called HSI (Hawaii State Invitational). tourney is next weekend. its usually the only OoS experience we can get since we're kinda.. isolated.

mobilisq

Smash Ace

Underload

Lazy
I'd honestly rather fly to Hawaii for a tourney than, say, Europe or Asia. Still in the country, tickets are cheaper, no language barrier, great weather, people that have proven to be cool, etc.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I'd honestly rather fly to Hawaii for a tourney than, say, Europe or Asia. Still in the country, tickets are cheaper, no language barrier, great weather, people that have proven to be cool, etc.
yeah, 2 years ago SK92 came down, last year was PhantomX, and now DEHF :D. I'd wish we get like multiple people instead of one OoS though >.<. oh well, can't be greedy, lol.

EDIT: @_clinton: I'm assuming you're worried because they'll know that its a hacked wii? just take those channels off of the wii and problem solved?

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Haha yeah i got a few friends like that, minus the K0rean part. I am really excited for it. The map editor is unreal. People are making RPG's like Final Fantasy, and this one gay made a Metal Slug game. It's a side scroller and everything, with custom music and weapons.

Youtube Starcraft 2 metal slug if your interested, its pretty awesome

Oh and Kenny, Great job against Larry, i am sure that was tough.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I feel like randomly reposting this in NGD... Don't ask why I rant like this. It just happens. Also, just read the TL;DR if anything.
also, the first paragraph.

me in another thread said:
Hey, dajay... You say you have no ability to improve your ness? I say BAAAAH!!! You always can improve how you play. If you think you have reached your peak at one point, take a break for a while. While on that break, take a minor amount of time to restructure or re-evaluate all of ness' stuff that you can do, what you did do right, and what you didn't do that would give your ness more well rounded playing options. What you want is to continually expand all of what you do. Never stay limited to one way of playing for even a short amount of time. I have changed the way in which I play my ness so many times that it isn't even funny. Some may have been subtle, some may have been major, but I always expand.

To show an example, lets start with something easy. I remember vividly of nearly everything in the past couple of years, both life related and smash related. At the beginning, I was blind as ****. I thought that reading a "guide" about how to play a game would outline completely "WHAT DO I DO?!?!?" in my games. I followed that for a while. I spammed fair. I rarely used nair. I did shoddy DAS stuff. I tried for PKT2 combos way too often. PKFire was spammed. Yoyos were more appreciated than the bat. I only really used a couple of moves: Fair, yoyo, PKT, PKfire, nair, bair, dair, jabs and grabs. I almost never thought of using PSImag, because I thought it wouldn't make any difference in my games. It seemed like I would need to go out of my way in order to make it work. All the other ways of playing (grounded game, mindgames, well placed aggressive/defensive options rather than the full-out offense) just never crossed my mind.

Then I saw some combo videos. I was like, "OH THAT'S EASY!! I do that MILLIONS of times. :p" little did I know that those things were all played out very strategically during a match. I saw new combinations of attacks through those vids that impressed me. Sure, I was new to the game, but it was all effective. I immediately worked in the pillar spiking and otherwise reading to spike. In fact, I looked so much into spiking people that I didn't care about much else. I made dair my new favorite move. I still didn't branch out to other attacks (cept utilt). I shifted my focus, but I was making progress. After a couple of tourneys, my perfectionist mind couldn't handle losing the ways I did. I can't make matches so close. How do people keep beating me? I asked myself. That's where I started looking into detail on every attack. I read EB360's guide nearly completely. I got to learn every single technique that he painstakingly fought to find. His effort and knowledge was astounding. Sure, I KNEW of the techniques.... Sure I learned how all the attacks could be effective.... But I wanted to know WHY they would be effective. What makes them effective? How can I implement this so that I make the most of it? What can I do to make these things easy to perform?

Now even after that, I was still crap. I only practiced over and over and over again until I got the techniques down. I used each one several times in training mode just to see how it was to use. I was like, "OH THIS IS EASY! I can do this!" Same as before... More playing came around, and I still wasn't satisfied. I practiced these techniques forever, but I reverted to the same thing over and over again. At this time, I took a big break. I had school, but not a lot. just enough to make me focused. After a month or so, I was bored again and picked up brawl again. this time, I tried to play a bit online and gradually force myself to do the uncomfortable moves that I wanted worked into my game. I played to make every move my weapon against my enemy. I first got all their spacing down. I got fair to hit perfectly, I got bair to always sweetspot, I got to make all the aerials work seamlessly with one another with my newfound prowess with DAS. I knew the yoyos even more, using dsmash a ton with it's range and oddity. usmash was my crazy move. I used the whole reverse hyphen usmash as much as possible. I trained myself to use it with tapjump off in a near flawless manner. I got my pkt control down to the wire. I forced myself to take the inverted pkt2 recovery even though I wasn't comfortable with it. I pkt2'd enough in recovery practice to make it so that I knew exactly (through muscle memory) every possible angle I could hit, how much I need to turn and at what time. I avoided pkfire at the time. It was just the same old thing for me. PKflash was always seen as a bit of a bad move. I did use it for edgeguarding, as suggested and ATTEMPTED using it for overhead opponents, but I abandoned the thing. I still focused only on dthrow and bthrow. the other attacks were almost never used still, but I knew the ins and outs.

a couple of matches online and with friends made me realize that I needed to perfect PSImag. My friend (one of them) plays lucario, and another friend played lucas. Both of them pressured me so much with their absorbable projectiles. I even noticed the many other characters that had such moves. I can't be wasting my percent on such idiocy. I should make them regret their mistaken energy moves usages. I will limit them as much as possible and empower myself in any way I can to get the edge over my opponent.

OKAY, I wasn't thinking this at all... It's just a way of expressing it in a post. In fact, I don't really give a crap. I was just trying to assert mental dominance, as chess had continued to teach me through my years. Chess makes you completely decipher all of what your opponent can do and limit anything they can do to gain an advantage over you. You have to play as smart as possible to keep the upperhand, or you may as well be leaving your back rank open for a surprise checkmate from a rook or queen.

Applying that to smash was easy. Outsmart my opponent. Sure. Why not? IT helps everything. So I changed again my playstyle. I worked on making the best use of ness' moves to find which ways I can make my opponent fall for whatever I want. PSImag seemed the best place to start. It is/was one of the least used moves of any ness main. Heck, you could go as far as saying it had no use. I wanted to make it useful. Nobody will expect it. So I saw the PSImaglag cancel and applied it slowly but surely. I found other techniques of absorption apart from it, seeing as I NEEDED to get any edge I could. Recovering that lost pawn is key in an endgame situation. So is recovering that bit of percent in smash.

Over time, I continued to find/exploit lesser-known usages for moves on top of the ones that were already common. I'm looking into the PKjump now, FCOL!!! The way I use ness' moves has changed so much since I started playing this game that I can barely tell what I started with. I made necessary improvements to my game in order to make this character work for me. I say it payed off.

I must say that I have typed WAAAAAAY too much and now I can't play wifi... My bad. I was actually going to see if anyone was still on. Have fun, nessers. Get some wifi matches in. Trust me, it helps. And also try and take something from that mini story. I know it belongs more in NGD.... IN fact, Imma copy it to there. xD

TL;DR version

I have made many changes to my gameplay with ness in order to try and become the best. I may not have done that (not entirely sure since I've been on a tourney absence for nearly a year now), but who I am outside of smash, an intelligent chess player willing to find any flaw in my opponents, has greatly increased many other aspects of my life. One thing influences another. And I hope you guys will attempt to change your playstyle to what fits you best rather than what other ness mains fully tell you to do. (STILL TAKE OUR ADVICE!!! It is essential in finding your own flaws in matches and working on them yourself... but don't feel bound to "spamming fair for defense" or "doing whatever a specific way")

EDIT: WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING GOING ON WHEN OTHER PEOPLE ARE PLAYING?!?!?!
EDIT: Also, smash is taking more of a backseat in my life ATM. I've got summer projects I didn't start on yet, I've gotta look into college stuff, I've gotta read up on chess stuff, I've gotta get back to hanging out with some of my friends... I missed quite a bit in my life b/c I played too many video games. I'm gonna try and lessen this yet again... hopefully successfully this time. Smash is time consuming and less fun, but I keep my playstyle solid almost all the time. TF2 is a hella fun game and I don't mind playing that for a couple hours. it's like me and CS:source and HL2:DM a long time ago. I'll be coming back sometimes. I just feel there is significantly less for me to contribute here. I've said my words, and if I decide to enter a tourney sometime soon, I'll be sure to rock everyone. No questions asked. I'm just cutting back. I've got work to do! xD

Top Bottom