• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizby2

Smash Lord
:joyful:
Why would I hurt you? I'm an Omelette (lol jk but you get the point, right?) I prefer to be nonchalant and goofy... if I haven't already given it away. But all kidding set aside, it does have its good and bad points, as does starting with PK Thunder going up (I cannot list how many times I have died as both Lucas and Ness because the opponent either intentionally fell into it to stop my recovery or destroy it as a result). PK Thunder starting below you might actually be the smartest thing to save you if you're knocked back or into the air, or just want to float above someone and they're to far away to use really anything else. That's also why I said I'd prefer if it was only done by one of them instead of both too. Both share horrible disadvantages along with advantages too.
haha, its all good. i can get a bit over-speculative at times. i watch this thread like a Hawk. making sure its clean. Protectin' mah Bird NESSt. :ness2:

i know that in melee, pk thunder couldn't be gimped like it does in brawl. i think if they make it that way again then it'll be fix'ed.

also, if it comes from the bottom, it'll leave them open to spikes :surprised: .

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
haha, its all good. i can get a bit over-speculative at times. i watch this thread like a Hawk. making sure its clean. Protectin' mah Bird NESSt. :ness2:

i know that in melee, pk thunder couldn't be gimped like it does in brawl. i think if they make it that way again then it'll be fix'ed.

also, if it comes from the bottom, it'll leave them open to spikes :surprised: .
But wait, if the character was spiked into the PK Thunder, would they get blasted up or through it?

grizby2

Smash Lord
no, i mean ness and lucas. THEY'RE open to spikes. sorry, i wasn't clear on that.

cuz like.. theres nothing preventing somebody like.. (oh.. say).. ganondorf from spiking you.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
I know this is off topic, but I'm so happy to see so many new members here. If I am in your area and am looking to play Melee I would hope to play with all of you.
Sorry, I don't have melee, but it's nice to know the option is open :)
Also off topic here but I might add your Brawl Friend Code. I like to play as Ness with the white and red shirt and hat, and I have a tendency to tiptoe with him to goof off (or start slaughter fests, usually one or the other)

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
no, i mean ness and lucas. THEY'RE open to spikes. sorry, i wasn't clear on that.

cus like.. theres nothing preventing somebody like.. (oh.. say).. ganondorf from spiking you.
I know that's what you meant. My thought was that, say it starts right below.... Lucas.... and Sonic spikes him into it. Would Lucas go up and punish Sonic for the spike or crash through it and die?

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
But that's part of why my location is so specific!
Well, if you haven't already noticed my account name and my sig is a joke about my icon, I really do prefer to be nonchalant an silly. "On a computer" is both true and a little funny to me, hence why I put it as my location :)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
No I know what you're talking about I'm just trolling. The spelling of the word color only eliminates a few places. People from non-english speaking countries still generally speak english on smashboards(with some exceptions). On top of that plenty of people in countries where color is spelled colour still spell it color simply because while they live in one of those countries they are not from there(or did not learn english there).

So you're from Washington then?

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
No I know what you're talking about I'm just trolling. The spelling of the word color only eliminates a few places. People from non-english speaking countries still generally speak english on smashboards(with some exceptions). On top of that plenty of people in countries where color is spelled colour still spell it color simply because while they live in one of those countries they are not from there(or did not learn english there).

So you're from Washington then?
The less politically corrupt one, yes.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
PK-Omelette, your name got me thinking, just how often was one's favorite food actually mentioned in Mother 3? I think it was mentioned once at the beginning of the game, and then never again, kind of a pointless yet funny thing to be able to customize.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
PK-Omelette, your name got me thinking, just how often was one's favorite food actually mentioned in Mother 3? I think it was mentioned once at the beginning of the game, and then never again, kind of a pointless yet funny thing to be able to customize.
My name was actually based on a "Dr Lucas" image on DA. More specifically, this one:

After seeing the obsessive Lucas meme (and my current icon) I just merged them into one big joke. Why do you think my sig is the prolauge to my icon?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Many people say Ness and Ninten would be really similiar, but I made a moveset for ALL the main PK users (Ninten, Ana, Ness, Paula, Poo, Lucas and Kumatora) being limited only to moves they actually learn and no one is a clone of other. Here they are:

Ninten

Special - QuickUp

Ninten raises both its running speed and attack speed, at the cost of bigger tripping chance. It could have been used on allies, so on team battles it may be used on them if Ninten touches his ally while performing the move. (But will only affect his partner)

Side Special - 4th-D Slip

Ninten runs very fast and continues running if special is held. It works as if Ninten is constantly dodging, so he cant be hit. However, if being used for too many time, Ninten will start to take damage and fall on his "dead" stance (the one when you are hit by a strong attack and lays on ground) or become helpless if used in the air.

Up Special - Teleport

Ninten runs and then reappears on another location, coming out from a portal. He leaves a trail of fire that damages enemies if used in the ground. In the air, he can run in any direction, not only forwards, but becomes helpless after using it.

Down Special - PowerShield

Ninten casts an invisible shield around him for a small amount of time (around 10 seconds). Instead of reflecting projectiles, it reflects physical attacks. Its sort of a counter.

Final Smash - Eight Melodies

Ninten sings the eight melodies, doing heavy damage (around 100%) to all enemies (even if they are shielding / dodging), and lefting them on their death animation.

Ana

Special - PK Beam

Ana may charge a beam and fire it. Its electricity-based. Level 1 (around 1-4 seconds of charging) is weak, level 2 (around 5-8 seconds of charging) is medium strength, level 3 (around 9-10 seconds of charging) is a 1 hit KO, and level 4 (11 seconds and beyond) is really strong. She cant hold the charge for later.

I will continue this soon.

PK-Omelette

Smash Journeyman
Many people say Ness and Ninten would be really similiar, but I made a moveset for ALL the main PK users (Ninten, Ana, Ness, Paula, Poo, Lucas and Kumatora) being limited only to moves they actually learn and no one is a clone of other. Here they are:

Ninten

Special - QuickUp

Ninten raises both its running speed and attack speed, at the cost of bigger tripping chance. It could have been used on allies, so on team battles it may be used on them if Ninten touches his ally while performing the move. (But will only affect his partner)

Side Special - 4th-D Slip

Ninten runs very fast and continues running if special is held. It works as if Ninten is constantly dodging, so he cant be hit. However, if being used for too many time, Ninten will start to take damage and fall on his "dead" stance (the one when you are hit by a strong attack and lays on ground) or become helpless if used in the air.

Up Special - Teleport

Ninten runs and then reappears on another location, coming out from a portal. He leaves a trail of fire that damages enemies if used in the ground. In the air, he can run in any direction, not only forwards, but becomes helpless after using it.

Down Special - PowerShield

Ninten casts an invisible shield around him for a small amount of time (around 10 seconds). Instead of reflecting projectiles, it reflects physical attacks. Its sort of a counter.

Final Smash - Eight Melodies

Ninten sings the eight melodies, doing heavy damage (around 100%) to all enemies (even if they are shielding / dodging), and lefting them on their death animation.

Ana

Special - PK Beam

Ana may charge a beam and fire it. Its electricity-based. Level 1 (around 1-4 seconds of charging) is weak, level 2 (around 5-8 seconds of charging) is medium strength, level 3 (around 9-10 seconds of charging) is a 1 hit KO, and level 4 (11 seconds and beyond) is really strong. She cant hold the charge for later.

I will continue this soon.
Good, but you left out the basic A and A combos. Boomerang, Yo-Yo, baseball bat, basic kick, punch and spike in air would be him using his PSI power to generate a force below him, launching anything making contact directly south of his position (auto kill if target does not land on solid grounding).
Wait, this post should be on the Ninten support thread, not Ness. Although I do believe you have a point in separating them, other Ninten fans have already discussed the moveset on the support thread for Ninten. Perhaps you could check around that for more ideas?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I wanted to do only the special moves because everyone says Ninten would be a clone of Ness. The basic attacks are very easy to be made diferent. And okay, I will post this on the Ninten thread. I dont know why I din't do this before :ohwell:

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I don't really use Ness a lot but I do kind of think he needs a new recovery it sucks :/ like how Luigi's recovery in Melee was.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Agreed. One more loyal to his original self from Mother 2/EarthBound seems to be the most favored amongst those who want to change it.
I agree too. Lets say that every 100 times I'm knocked away with Ness, I fail to recover about 80 times. But I guess that's my fault.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I agree too. Lets say that every 100 times I'm knocked away with Ness, I fail to recover about 80 times. But I guess that's my fault.
usually if the player is controlling a character, it IS your fault XD.

actually, I think ness and lucas probably have the biggest failing-to-recover stats when being controlled by computers.

off topic: there will be a PK Shooting Star Storm tonight at around midnight~ look for meteors! :starman:

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised Ness hasn't been announced yet. You think with the moderate success of EarthBound on the Virtual Console that he would then get announced.

There aren't too many changes that I would like to see from Ness other than having his Final Smash be PK Rockin Omega. Ness doesn't have many PSi powers of his own in EarthBound to really work with to be honest (other than Flash, Rockin, and Teleport [which hasn't been seen other than his on-screen appearance]).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom