• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Am I the only one that likes PK Thunder.
Somehow people are getting the idea that anyone here doesn't like it.

That's not the case at all. It could certainly do to be reworked or improved, but that said it's a unique move. If people don't like it, there should be custom special move alternatives for the ninnies.

Calthos

Smash Rookie
With the Pacman being released, and this screenshot everyone sad was fake, maybe the screenshots of Ness could be real? :( I'm digging so hard for hope, and I also want Lucas :(. Pacman's feet and gloves, aswel as eyebrows match this image, Ness looks completely remastered and much more adorable. Maybe even Jigglypuff?

AnimeCW

Smash Rookie
Ness is an original character, he'll get in along with Falcon and Jiggs. They have to be.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I really hope they return Ness/Lucas' victory theme to the one used in Melee and 64. I like it SOOOOO Much better than the awful Brawl one.
I would be ok if they used the Brawl one again, so long as they changed the instrumentation and mixed it differently. They didn't really do the original song justice.

Hong

The Strongest
No one should doubt Ness for any reason.

Unless they did something crazy like brought in Ninten, and just let you switch between Ness and Lucas. Given that they couldn't even give him his proper special moves, I don't care anymore. I just want to see Mother again.

Why has he not been revealed yet? I think he has quite a few custom moves.

Maybe enough to make Lucas a pretty unique character too.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Ness has to be back, especially with an Earthbound re-release.

Mother's anniversary is July 29th, Reggie cracked a joke at Mother 3, and Star Fox, we got a new Star Fox.

I would hope to god he didn't just insult the Mother fans and leave us dry.

Do you guys think Lucas will be back? That leak is really scaring me.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
anyone think the ness amiibo will resemble his original clay model?
That'd be cool, but it seems like they are basing them on their smash character art (So his art will have to reference it first.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am gonna play EarthBound again to create Ness hype. :ness2:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Been playing through Earthbound for the first time (albiet with knowledge of some of the game's bigger secrets), and I really, really like the game. Having played it a bit now, though, I hope they change him up to be a tad more faithful to his ingame counterpart.

Like making these kinds of atttacks:

Resemble PK Rockin':

(Specifically the diamond shapes and the colors.) Would make me so much happier about everything non-canon he does.

Oh, and this needs to be a taunt:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I really want to see my Ness again soon. Oh well the 3DS version will be out in a few month's time so it will be interesting to see what stuff they did with him in the new games.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I really want to see my Ness again soon. Oh well the 3DS version will be out in a few month's time so it will be interesting to see what stuff they did with him in the new games.
Actually you'll have to wait for October 3rd

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I like that idea a lot, @ Pacack Pacack .

I've actually come up with some new ideas for buffing/changing Ness's special attacks, one pertaining to PK Rockin.
Ness becomes more of a set up character with these changes, relying on stunning his opponents and landing powerful attacks on them afterwards.

Standard B: PK Rockin
While I think PK Flash will stay, I like this idea better. It's visually similar but has a different effect. Ness sends out a colorful flashing light that explodes when B is released. The explosion causes colorful diamonds to spread around the area where the explosion took place. The range is slightly larger than that of PK Flash. Opponents caught in the explosion take around 15% damage and are stunned for a short while.

Side B: PK Fire
Almost exactly the same.

Up B: PK Thunder
PK Thunder now acts more like Lucas's variation. The thunder ball stuns opponents for slightly longer than before.

Down B: PSI Shield
Acts largely the same as in Brawl, however the shield is a little bit larger.

PK Starstorm can stay if Ness gets PK Rockin as his Standard B.
If not then PK Starstorm should definitely be Ness's FS.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm also on my first playthrough of EarthBound... and It's easily on my top 5 games list. With that said, I'm really looking forward to Ness in SSB4, as I'm more familiar with his game now.

Oh, and to all the worriers... It'll be a cold day in Scaraba before Ness gets cut.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I'm also on my first playthrough of EarthBound... and It's easily on my top 5 games list. With that said, I'm really looking forward to Ness in SSB4, as I'm more familiar with his game now.

Oh, and to all the worriers... It'll be a cold day in Scaraba before Ness gets cut.
Agreed. Gematsu corroborates Ness's survival. At Lucas's expense, but someone has to pay the price of admission.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
I know Ness will be back in, but I really wish they would just announce him to put my mind at ease.

I'm replaying Earthbound at the moment for the billionth time, and re-experiencing why I think Ness is the most interesting Nintendo protagonist there is. In a way, I would almost be entirely happy if they reworked Ness' moveset to incorporate his PSI abilities in game while retaining his playstyle. I've played Ness alongside Fox in every Smash game, but him using his non-canon PK attacks has always bothered me.

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
The Franklin badge has been shown, if you believe leak Ness will get in over Lucas if either one gets cut so yea I think hes in

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Did Ness' Down-B deal damage in Brawl? He's my main in PM, so I wouldn't know about SSBB, but if it doesn't do damage, then change that in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom