• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness pk thunder spike?

WTFYeti

Smash Rookie
So ive heard that if you shoot yourself with pk thunder straight down at an enemy it spikes them? IS this true? If it is, can someone please post a video? And sorry if this has already been discussed.
Thanks

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yes, it's true but very situational just like TL's dair spike. I've managed to spike someone horizontally with PKT2 while they were hanging on the edge and I still have the video. But I'm not sure if anybody here would actually upload it.

WTFYeti

Smash Rookie
Thanks, thats really cool. I just needed a video if it was impossible to do or something, but it sounds not that hard.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Yes, it's true but very situational just like TL's dair spike. I've managed to spike someone horizontally with PKT2 while they were hanging on the edge and I still have the video. But I'm not sure if anybody here would actually upload it.
was it a stage spike?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Comparing it with TL's dair makes Jibaku spike seem situationally useful.

Uffe

Smash Hero
was it a stage spike?
Um, no idea. I was knocked out to the far upper left of Battlefield, PSIM stalled my way down and used PKT2 at a horizontal angle and spiked the Falcon that was attempting to edge hog me. Of course I made it back onto the stage. I didn't even grab the edge.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
That's just a stage spike. As far as I know, pk thunder 2 doesn't hit below the horizontal. Pk thunder 1 can hit below the horizontal though.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I have a few replays with that happening as well.
I think I have one where I knock myself of vertically from right under the ledge on FD and it spikes him off the lip...

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
if your opponent is inbetween you and the ledge, and your attack hits it can stage spike. Depends on the angle I think.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
PKT2 can never spike, only stage spike. It does that on slanted edges like on FD, BF, and Smashville.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Speaking of BF and PKT2, I pulled off ledge bending against a Marth. Of course the dude was an *******.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Am I the only one who thinks it really wouldn't matter since a PKT2 at any percent above like 20 anywhere you could spike KO someone would probably side KO them anyway (unless you hit them towards the opposite ledge)?

WTFYeti

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who thinks it really wouldn't matter since a PKT2 at any percent above like 20 anywhere you could spike KO someone would probably side KO them anyway (unless you hit them towards the opposite ledge)?
Haha, good point.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I think I actually pkt2 spiked someone today. i got it on replay so if you guys want to see it (very crappy quality though...) then just tell me.

EDIT: Never mind, it was just a stage spike :(

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I think I actually pkt2 spiked someone today. i got it on replay so if you guys want to see it (very crappy quality though...) then just tell me.

EDIT: Never mind, it was just a stage spike :(
pkt2 cant spike. go to training mode, set cpu to jump, jump up, and floorblast...

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
pkt2 cant spike. go to training mode, set cpu to jump, jump up, and floorblast...
well actually, i went straight up off the edge (attempting to recover)and the person got hit at a weird part of pkt2, it looked like they went straight down but they really went to the left a bit and then bounced off the stage and died.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
apart from the pkt2 spike that almost in any case will be a stage spike, i've got a question about regular pkt. sometimes when i hit someone with PKT, they are near/on the ground and go straight into lying down on the ground (as if dair spiked, but with a lot less force). It only happened a few times and it seems extraordinarily situational because i can never replicate it, but is it an actual spike or is it something different? i dont have a replay because when it happened i thought it was insignificant and it was against cpus.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm sure it has something to do with the animation and the character being close to the ground. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but I believe when a character is hit by PKT while in the air, their body changes a certain direction, so doing this with the character near the ground probably causes the same thing to happen. But instead of actually going through that animation, they're too close that it just makes them fall as if you used your dair on them.

A better way of explaining this might be some frames skipping or something like when Snake does his uair near the ground, he bounces up off his hands and back to standing position since the animation itself cannot completely go through its process. Now if you used Snake's uair in the air, it'd go through a complete animation, thus making him flip back to normal position while falling back down to the stage. Am I making sense or am I just confusing you even more?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I doubt it can spike. Stage spike, yes, I know that for a fact.

The thing with PKT2, Unless the enemy DI's really weird (In this case, straight down) I think everytime you hit the enemy, no matter the angle, the opponent seems to be set toward the left or right pending the relatively position of Ness and the opponent.

Another thing, I don't think it can spike since if you directly hit a PKT2 straight up, the opponent isn't set upward, he just goes the standard left or right trajectory.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
apart from the pkt2 spike that almost in any case will be a stage spike, i've got a question about regular pkt. sometimes when i hit someone with PKT, they are near/on the ground and go straight into lying down on the ground (as if dair spiked, but with a lot less force). It only happened a few times and it seems extraordinarily situational because i can never replicate it, but is it an actual spike or is it something different? i dont have a replay because when it happened i thought it was insignificant and it was against cpus.
IIRC, this happens when a character jumps but is hit during the time it takes for the character to jump (i.e. Ness takes 5 frames to leave the ground; if he's hit with PKT during that time, this will happen). Therefore, it can't be replicated through just Ness.

Top Bottom