• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness & Lucas Boards WiFi Thread - Making our chars over 9000x worse!

Should this go in the Lucas boards or Ness boards?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
friday after 10/11 o'clock, I'll be on... so people, be prepared....

oh, and by 10/11, I mean 22/23 o'clock.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
hey eagle... I've decided to re-visit pk jumps, and dude they are amazing!! LOL I know you knew that already but yeah :p. i've been ehh about mastering it before but not now.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
YEAH!!! awesome, k-pu!

I love pkjump so much... But not as much as dtilt/psimag. xD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
basically pkjump is similar in execution to zapjump, except it launches ness forward with some upward jump as well (instead of getting a djc pkfire or going into a dj and doing pkfire). If you perform it at the right height, you can use an uair, bair, nair, fair, and airdodge before landing after the PKjump.

EH, CHUEE!

_clinton

Smash Master
It also doesn't have as much horizontal range as Ness' own 2nd jump in that forward launch.

_clinton

Smash Master
Lucas' Zap Jump can reach like 2x his 2nd jumps height though, and with magnet pulling you can get like 3x as much range in your horizontal recovery.

Hell Lucas' magnet by itself gives you like 2x the amount of range for his recovery, really you shouldn't be getting gimped as Lucas unless you **** up ^_^

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
message me for a match sometime, would love to see how my ness stacks up.
my wifi code is on the right of this message.

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
message me for a match sometime, would love to see how my ness stacks up.
my wifi code is on the right of this message.

sorry that's an old code I'll have to update it.
for now, my brawl code is 3180 6019 7770

I've been called good, but i'll let my actions speak for themselves.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
PM me for some wi-fi matches guys. I REALLY need some great ness tips, cuz I'm about to go aim for the Florida PR's. I might not be on here so often, but then again you can just add my msn (gunzofire@yahoo.com)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Aiming for the Florida PRs? Good luck, hope it goes well. If I might offer some advice though live tournaments will probably help you get there faster than online matches

What region of FL do you live in? CFL and SFL are both lively regions of FL Brawl. Attending tournaments will really help you improve if you can get advice from good players.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
CFL bulbs?

Or you can just learn everything and never play online.... like, if you really need it, play in training mode to perfect some comboage/spacing/timing/ATs/etc.
^Training mode is how I got to NEVER misspace/time bair. Bair is an awesome aerial... xD

speaking of bair, Landing bair (meaning perfectly land and hit at the same time) is insanely pro.
speaking of bair again, I've been trying to do DJ bair from FH stuff... like waiting until I get really close to the ground then DJ'ing so that bair hits whomever in the head/shieldpoke. It will hit everyone except a couple of people crouching... f'sho.
speaking of bair again again, FH Nair > Bair is great. You weaken shield slightly, then you land perfectly so that it comes out on landing... then you wear down the shield enough so that perfect spacing results in shieldpokes every time afterward.

I<3 bair.... It is by far the best aerial ness has. ~15%, fairly good shieldstun, quicker landing lag than fair and nair, and INSANELY GOOD KNOCKBACK!

on another note, WiFi makes proper execution of PKjump near impossible... also PKT2.... also dtilt insanity.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Aiming for the Florida PRs? Good luck, hope it goes well. If I might offer some advice though live tournaments will probably help you get there faster than online matches

What region of FL do you live in? CFL and SFL are both lively regions of FL Brawl. Attending tournaments will really help you improve if you can get advice from good players.
I'm from CFL and I'm REALLY SORRY I didn't know you were in Florida T~T Finally someone other than Shaky!
I go to tournies, a lot actually. However there never seems to be anyone with ness expertise that can help me step up my game =/

@ Eagle, I love all the aerials equally, though I believe Dair is amazing :D.
My connection rarely lags, so a wifi match with me is usually fun. Anyone feel up for it?

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
I've played mostly as Mario in the past, but I want to compete in some tournaments with Ness as my main or secondary. Can Anyone help me train my Ness or give me a critique?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
NEON NESS!! STOP PLAYING TEAM BATTLE AND 1v1 ME!

Neon Ness

Lol, sorry I missed you. Team Battle is like a time sink for me, for some reason.

I'll be online around midnight all next week though if you (or anyone) want some 1 v 1 matches then.

Neon Ness

OMG can we do some for fun on Sunday? I'd love to play you.
Huh, somehow I missed this?

If you still wanted to play sometime this evening I'm up for it. I've got a lot of time today.

Neon Ness

Oh you got a Wii? Nice. I actually don't mind playing for a while, I can't sleep for some reason :|

FC is over there in the postbit.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Um, lemme fire up my friends wii and get the fc.
I'll brb.

EDIT: Something is wrong with my Brawl disc lol.
I have to borrow one of those too I guess ; ;

Neon Ness

Oh too bad o_o Hope you can get a working disc then. I know older Wiis have trouble reading Brawl discs.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
It's an LU34 so it isn't that old (My Wii was a launch Wii :V).
Oh well, I know his Wii can read Brawl so I guess I'll just try and get over and grab his copy later today.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind brawling any of you guys in a Ness Ditto (I can use many characters, but Falcon and Ness are the characters I use the most :awesome:)

My FC is under my avi, my username is FSF (short for my Youtube channel "FrenchyStarFox"), and I smash Spiteful Crows to get cookies.

Top Bottom