• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

neo's "art" thread

neous

Smash Journeyman
yes.

but my coloring skills are terrid.

if i cant find someone to color for me, ill color it though.
theres luckily some pretty talented people involved, so it shouldnt be too hard to find sum1 , if anything ill ask lokii to color it Lol.

im lucky to have u guys on the boards help me out + the people on DA, and other places on the internetz.

NEON, those marshmallow enemies are pretty dope. i'd like to request their use lol.

* updated op a bit.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lool epiccc

Sorry I didn't stream today. Ended up sleeping in a LOT and had to do chores before DIGI PAINTING WORKSHOP <3

I'll try to do some art ASAP and take pictures of the magical red velvet cupcakes of magic

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Wow. That's... just wow. o-o Dude is real good. Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with as well, thanks for keeping us posted.

And red velvet cake is possibly the best food on Earth. Might need to incorporate that somehow lol.

neous

Smash Journeyman
yeah Dylans pretty good. He does alot of original traditional stuff too, not just graphic/stock manipulations. * though i believe his sites arent up to date with his current skill level, not sure.

im glad you guys are excited, as this project is supposed to be fun, and in its fun-ness, 'comforting' for the artists involved. You are all in fact, part of the target audience being supplied a community service. You are creators and contributors and yet part of those acting as intended benefactors [with benefits including just the joy of arting, as well as promotion of artists in attempts to spread notoriety]. -all courtesy of my MINDAGaMEuS. No need to thank me, because obviously, you're already all helping me tremendously.

[yes, im really using the rhetoric above included in ‘ways this project served a community/people’ the accompanying papers and editorial.]

[!] RELATED to cf project: new artist helping, an old high school acquaintance actually.
http://momchao.tumblr.com/

[!] not directly related to the cf project: look what sophie made lol

edit:

lokii, i wanna see those cupcakes lol. sadly, i have no photographical type artists involved yet, if you're proud of the pics, maybe sub them as additional parts to the gallery?

neous

Smash Journeyman
Update. Bicss is now confirmed for contribution

sample work:

exciting, no? i hope to later emphasize this project is partly a vehicle for you all, as artists, to makes connects with other artists. so exciting.

neous

Smash Journeyman
im going to be working on the projec t all day. neon, would we be allowed to use your marshmallows? i think theyd fit into the gallery and into a story very well.

Neon Ness

Uhhhhh let me get back to you on that lol. I don't know if my art director would be OK with it since the game's not released yet. It's most likely fine though, I just want to make sure. I'll post again to let you know after I meet with him this afternoon, then organize them into a not so ugly format if you'd like. :D

Also, I approve of the team name RED HOT BABY YEAH. Lokii's red cupcakes could be our logo.

neous

Smash Journeyman
Also, I approve of the team name RED HOT BABY YEAH. Lokii's red cupcakes could be our logo.
neon, thats great about the marshmallows, and thats a great idea.

wow, ill put lokii's cupcakes as the icon as soon as she has pics.

you guys dont even know i think, the extent of.... all the members you are indirectly teamed with,

when i unite smashboards, DA, the other internet artists, and my few rl freinds involved
i think you guys will be able to get something out of it. possible collabs / promotions for notoriety / maybe meet a new working buddy or someone to just have fun with.

example of stuff i havent shared: my old friend from elementary school helps 'run' allkpop, and is willing to promo the project if i can convince him LOL.
+ MORE COOL EPIC STUFF

also if i havent mentioned, this project is non profit, if by chance it goes viral, im thinking of setting up a charity for things related to CFs or foods. so, famine / poverty type charities, cancer + other diseases related to obesity [including emotional/psych] , etc [related fields and stuff]

Neon Ness

example of stuff i havent shared: my old friend from elementary school helps 'run' allkpop, and is willing to promo the project if i can convince him LOL.
Lol that's seriously awesome. neous got them connections.

Side note, I got the OK for us to include the marshmallow things as long as we link to our company's site somewhere, if there's like a place where we list all of the members' names or something in the end.

Sounds like everyone is busy doing good work though. This is really coming together so far :D

neous

Smash Journeyman
proper crediting is a top priority

not that lame, oh, credits at 1 million miles per hr where u cant see, or oh, somewhere at the ends where u cant see or where its hard to find

were doing things the RED HOT BABY [yeah] WAY . PROPS TO ALL. were a PKMN team.

guys btw, my cpu is in a dangerzone from falling trees, so im working from an old pc. its makin the working process slower. im sorry, my deadline for updates is before monday, hopefully i dont fail in meeting it
proofs: http://minus4x.tumblr.com/post/12081015512/i-dodge-death-mother-nature-is-too-ez

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Starting is the hardest part. I at least have the sketch up fairly well though!

Okay, I am seriously going to put a line on my screen RIGHT NOW

neous

Smash Journeyman
no worries gus.

deadline has been shifted due to university pressure. that i wasnt aware of lol my bad. [ill need subs around nov 11 to integrate into a 'seamless' 'project'] all submissions received after the launch date will still be added, just at a later date.
the project will improve in quality substantially after the launch. itll be like my hobby. a hobby i spend alot of time on. alot.

submissions can be changed, added, or removed depending on what you, the artist, wants.

so no worries.

neous

Smash Journeyman
semi bad news: allkpop thing fell thru

good news:

my poet friend visited today, it was a good experience, he has a few pieces alrdy, and his ideas are beautiful

example notes:

1 Star gazing comfort
@Beach
Sunrise in the morning
[Beach trips]

2 mom’s soup for the soul
she sadly passed
*the soup, it was special

3 nostalgia
dancing with a fine lady, missed connection, only cuaght her name, name was the same as the song that played

more good news: my drummer friend is DEFINITELY gonna live drum, and he can play other instruments too/ make loops, combine sounds into an 'ethereal, blissful' sound

were gonna record video, and he has a super legit sound setup in his basement [hes pro]
we fixed skype, so we can probably have ppl watch if anyones interested[?]

he also wants to get a sax player / band mate and make original tracks, not just go over niko and psy's beats WTFFF LOL.

get hyped? [these are full confirmations, not maybes]

Neon Ness

Oh man, that's so good. I love her vector style lol.

Deadline is Friday right? I think I'm about 60% done. Sooo slooooow >:|

neous

Smash Journeyman
yeah before sunday is preferable/ but if u cant get it done just gimme whenever.

id rather u not rush and have sometihng you are proud of.

also, u never on skype or whut neon?

global is serenading me with her violin as we speak

Neon Ness

Man everyone's is sooo goood. Lokii, I'm surprised you didn't include any red velvet cupcakes. :D

also, u never on skype or whut neon?

global is serenading me with her violin as we speak
Whoops, yeah my screenname is just bshepard21. I only used it for business meetings before lol but I'll try to be online more often.

Neon Ness

Yes, thank you for reminding me. You mean the black and white line art ones, right? I'll organize them into a single image and post it here, along with my other illustration I'm almost done with

TOMORROW. FOR REAL.

neous

Smash Journeyman
meant these http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AoIMYegfRcs/To-yl9tjhNI/AAAAAAAAAOU/sUEOVqxyKc4/s1600/Marsh-Hordes-v2.png

but uh, yeah just post whatever it is you're contributing.

i just took a look at your blog, i didnt know you put up wips!

and geist, i would never harm neon
i would take my jacket off and keep neon warm
or throw it over a puddle to keep his kicks from getting wet

i would never take my jacket off and go dudley crouching mediums on his knee caps.

i have some gentlemanly... dignity.

neous

Smash Journeyman
its not too late
and im glad i got your stuff at all, considering everyone else i asked is busy wif skyrim. [not even jokin -_-]

thanks alot neon.

naturally, id get the boards involved. i dont know many people who are into art in rl, the boards is where i find that sort of connection [plus we all like smash, da bess game].

ill try my best when presenting everyone's work. ill be home in like 4 or so hrs to work on this project

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Neous

I might try to pull an all-nighter (I've actually never accomplished it before!)

But I will do my picture. Hope you don't mind it being late D:

(Why is every homework and test due tomorrow aksjhgkasj)

neous

Smash Journeyman
dib, this thread is about... collaborative projects and STUFF. i actually dont know what this thread is about in its entirety.

thanks globie. but please, put schoolwork above your love for me, just as geist and aly have done.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Hope I'm not too late:

I was not used to my new paint/new paper and it did unexpected things >.< The paper was too big to fit in the scanner so I had to scan it in pieces, and it didn't fit together very well. I also realize I forgot to put my signature LOL. Oh well.

Good look putting this together :D

neous

Smash Journeyman
dib: current theme based project's theme is comfort foods. as the son of professor membrane, you should have posessed the capacity to deduce that K

globie: <3

lokii: ty for the sexy soarprise

gus: its ok, but if ever in life, you create a comfort food related piece, just post here :D
[theres rly no such thing as late submissions]

btw, project wise, i am currently 'building' the site, and still editing the simple prologue type video.

Neon Ness

Lol I love the music.

It's awesome to see everyone's entries compiled together :D Looking good so far. Is the final product going to be an e-gallery or are you planning on making another video like this one? This format is pretty cool.

neous

Smash Journeyman
theres going to be many final products.

thinking of doing a yearly thing with new submissions, coinciding with thanksgiving.

lots of ideas havent been implemented yet. had a presentation today, so i needed to show off rough cuts :[ im burnt out. i wanna tell u lots of stuff. but my head hurts. lol

vid+ site
dey so pringles.

dessertation.tumblr.com

needs moar polish from the pro team members.

some stuff off the top of my head, concerning 'final product'

gallery
videos
Comfort food dance

funny stuff.
narrations.
more research in the form of rhymes, + puns.

so much stuff omaga.

if u were on skype, would b ezier + u could direct my train of thought with questions.

o and obv, our project was best in class so far LOL.
best in terms of entertainment*

Top Bottom