• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Near vs SheerMadNESS - $2 MM

Will Sheer's Fox/Yoshi/Pikachu beat Near's Link/DK?

• Total voters

Skrlx

Smash Champion
We will be having a $2 MM at Apex. It's a low amount, but what's more important for me is the PRIDE. I will be beating Sheer with either DK or Link. He believes that he's not going to lose. Well, that smug, high tier toting Floridian SOB is going to GET IT.

:woman:Embarrass:nervous::starman:

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
After watching/playing near, I thought to myself, "how would he rank up against people like kefit and sheer, players who are around the same skill level." I think that because sheer is using higher tier characters, he will win. Near, if u win, i will never doubt ur skillz ever again :). U guys better record!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just gonna go out there and say I won my $2 mm against sheer

So near there's a lot riding on this

Battlecow

Play to Win
Not really? That I know of, at least. He beat m2k one time, but that's pretty meh.

It's NA tho so online friendlies are still most of a person's rep and everyone knows that near is at least kinda good.

Personally, though, IDK about the link and DK beating sheer, lol.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Did Near ever did well in any tournament that good players were in?
Are you referring to online tournaments or offline tournaments? I've won every single console tournament I've been to. Online? I don't enter many. I've played a lot of the players who are going to Apex online, so I can sort of gauge where I'm at.

Does Near use the name gear online?
Near does not use the name GEAR online.

Good to see you decided to give me free money after all.
:awesome:

Not really? That I know of, at least. He beat m2k one time, but that's pretty meh.

It's NA tho so online friendlies are still most of a person's rep and everyone knows that near is at least kinda good.

Personally, though, IDK about the link and DK beating sheer, lol.
How is that pretty meh? It's the same M2K that has been whooping EC's ass in tournaments. :secretkpop:

Anyways, that's all I'm going to say for now about this topic. My next post will be the RESULT of this MM.

STAY TUNED

Battlecow

Play to Win
If by whooping EC's ass you mean he beat Fireblaster on console like once, then yeah

M2K is a frauuuuuuuuuuud and winning 2 sets against him doesn't count for much IMO

Last edited:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah but in fairness I doubt he's gotten a ton better. it's not like he owns a console or whatever, he's played at like 4 tournaments

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
If by whooping EC's *** you mean he beat Fireblaster on console like once, then yeah

M2K is a frauuuuuuuuuuud and winning 2 sets against him doesn't count for much IMO
remember that time battlecow paid no attention to ec tourneys for months

Black Snow

Smash Rookie
KONG must prevail. See my sig for some inspirational photos if necessary. Link is pretty cool too I guess, but you should play the Kong.

TANK64

Smash Lord
lol How is this even a thing.

Naw it ain't happening mang.

Although if you did...

...if you did beat Sheer's Yoshi with Link.

You'd show this smug Floridian SOB who's boss... and kind of be a hero.

But as much as I want that to happen... naw bro.

and dk.

lol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
remember that time battlecow paid no attention to ec tourneys for months
Lol who did m2k beat? Sensei in one jank set and then he got whomped in like 8? He never beat kero, he never beat A$ or SK or killer, aside from the one set with sensei he never beat any of the EC monsters. "East coast tourneys for a month" doesn't make you #2 on the coast if those EC tourneys are NJ locals with you and weedwack and chain-ace, no offense to you guys.

I mean, fireblaster's real good, you guys are pretty good too, so yeah m2k's a very good 64 player, but let's not start pretendin like beating him in a couple sets and dropping one two years ago means that your link has the edge on sheermadness. This is a kirby who gets beat by stranded here, and stranded's good AF but he ain't sheer.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
people i remember off the top of my head:
gluttony: jimmyjoe, stranded, solo, fireblaster, took a game off sensei.
tfp3: unsure. he got 4th or 5th, that's all i know; you'd have to ask whoever was there.
ddos: me x2, weedwack, stranded, fireblaster.
frostbite: me, sensei, fireblaster.

he hasn't played kero, i don't remember if he played a$ or sk at tfp3, and i know for a fact he hasn't played killer.

also i can't tell if you're being stupid on purpose or not but this
"East coast tourneys for a month" doesn't make you #2 on the coast if those EC tourneys are NJ locals
makes absolutely no sense. because nobody said he was #2 on the east coast.

i found this funny though
Yeah but in fairness I doubt he's gotten a ton better.
this basically solidifies my point that you haven't been paying any attention. surprisingly, m2k did get better from gluttony to frostbite (and that's not one month, that's nearly five); i can say this for a fact because i have watched him play at every damn tournament, and versed him at two of them.

one more thing
but let's not start pretendin like beating him in a couple sets and dropping one two years ago means that your link has the edge on sheermadness.
near was just replying to your condescension. you tried to shrug off the fact that he's beaten m2k and say that m2k isn't even a notable/good player, even though he has been doing very well at ec tourneys as of late. the m2k of near's era and the m2k of gluttony/tfp3 are probably equal.

nobody was saying that beating m2k means your link is going to beat sheer because stranded beat the same player or blahblahblah

you should know that person a beating person b and person b beating person c does not mean that person a is going to beat person c or that person a is better than him.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Trying to get near to money match all my chars with link and dk. He won't do it though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
m2k said he was 2nd best on the EC on facebook (and sort of used it to imply that EC 64 was bad), that's where my "M2K is fake" crusade started. I'm fighting the good fight here.

My claim, if you really wanna argue, is that beating m2k doesn't constitute a "sheer-with-link" level of impressive tournament record. The implicit question here is whether near has a record that supports his claim that his link/DK can take sheer, and my contention is "no, but it doesn't matter because online rep matters more than console tourney record ATM and he has that." Near tried to argue that since he beat m2k two years ago he DOES have such a record, and I argued against him. Then you came in here and started acting like I made an unreasonable claim about his skill, which I didn't. I'm tentatively willing to back off of the idea that m2k hasn't improved; I was assuming based off of how much he likes to talk about never playing and not enjoying the game. But that only strengthens my argument.

I'm aware of m2k's tourneys, I've watched the vids. Obviously, when I said that he "only" beat console fireblaster or "only" beat sensei in one set I didn't mean that that was all he had ever done; those are the only accomplishments that come close to being relevant to the argument near and I are having. Not trying to diss anyone's skill here I'm just talking sense; if you need to boost m2k up to sheer status because he beat you and your crew a couple of times (not saying you're doing that but if) that's an immature attitude to take.

Man I missed being totally right on the internet. Life is good again.

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Near tried to argue that since he beat m2k two years ago he DOES have such a record, and I argued against him.
No. I only mentioned m2k whooping EC's ass as a joke. Beating M2K bears no relevance to this MM nor was a statement that because I beat m2k, I will have a higher chance of beating Sheer. You're looking too into it.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
bcow has brought the skill-****storm
i'm feeling it too, guys
i'm almost jumping into this conversation
i don't want to.
stop...... bcow

Battlecow

Play to Win
No. I only mentioned m2k whooping EC's *** as a joke. Beating M2K bears no relevance to this MM nor was a statement that because I beat m2k, I will have a higher chance of beating Sheer. You're looking too into it.
Aiight nvm then

Still RIGHT tho

Mixa jump in do it you know you wanna

But for real though I'm not trying to talk trash about anyone's skill, except maybe m2k's. Cobr is good, jimmyjoe is good, stranded is good, weedwack is good, and fireblaster is definitely really good. Just FTR.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i dunno where he said he was 2nd best, but i took your post as one of us saying it...it wasn't too clear, my b

middle paragraph was cleared up by near

and i'm not boosting m2k up to sheer status, but i am going to call m2k a notable player, who has beaten a large amount of people in a region; which is to say that near has, in fact, beaten a good player on console, which would be a proper response to rith.

also don't quote me as 'salt,' ****. write more papers so your CLARITY IMPROVES and i don't have to argue at 4 in the morning

final thought on this, not related to bcow: i'm rooting for near but if they aren't playing hyrule, womp

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
want some syllabi and essays i've written to help you the next two years or just a picture of my degree for motivation?

$5 mm at apex for best written analysis of how sheer and near's playstyles during their mm reflected their mental states

get@me

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i'll be the judge of that

and whenever I come across the word "momentum", it's - 10 points
"momentum shift" and variations means you'll get an F

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll take that MM any day of the week

bout to bring my saul bellow on your ass

chi town baybeeeeeeeeeee

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Lol who did m2k beat? Sensei in one jank set and then he got whomped in like 8? He never beat kero, he never beat A$ or SK or killer, aside from the one set with sensei he never beat any of the EC monsters. "East coast tourneys for a month" doesn't make you #2 on the coast if those EC tourneys are NJ locals with you and weedwack and chain-ace, no offense to you guys.

I mean, fireblaster's real good, you guys are pretty good too, so yeah m2k's a very good 64 player, but let's not start pretendin like beating him in a couple sets and dropping one two years ago means that your link has the edge on sheermadness. This is a kirby who gets beat by stranded here, and stranded's good AF but he ain't sheer.
He beat Sensei in a couple kirby ditto matches at the first smashacre.

I wanna see a bovine vs m2k money match. M2k also beats stranded pretty consistently.

Shears

Smash Master
Wait I thought we were talking about Battlecow?
I am so lost right now.

Weren't you there at THP Shears??

Or were you too busy couterpicking joe schmoes to Saffron city in your drunken haze. :troll:
Yeah but I never played M2K. I played him in friendlies at smashacre and he quit both games before it ended, I posted a meme picture thing about it in one of the threads. And I am very perceptive when I'm drunk, just try and drunk MM me at Apex if you're so brave...

Top Bottom