• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neal, Champ and AzN Lep Present - Pat's House a MELEE Tournament! Nov.14-15 GET HYPE!

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
at 10 years of age one would be old enough to receive their pokemon trainer's license and pick between the 3 starter pokemon. what i never understood was how there were lots of youngsters with pidgeys and that one guy with a pinsir. i would assume that the bulbasaur/charmander/squirtle option was only available to those of money, seeing as how it would be ridiculous to think that all those little kids were owning pokemon illegally. but all the preppy little kids went to pokemon trainers school where so many years of learning equaled so many badges. inconsistencies imo

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
just being honest. if i'm labeled as mean as a result then so be it. i'm just blunt as ****.

i like to see people get better. nothing is more annoying than bad players using a bunch of characters, it's just so unnecessary. yeah i know about the whole "but it's fun" argument, but think of it this way: if you're still going to be playing the game a couple months from now, isn't it worth it to suck it up and understand the game with ONE character when those skills so easily carry over to multiple ones?

after that you can pick up any character and do decent with it. i don't even have a falcon and it 2-0ed aznforce in a mm for example.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I used to think P was mean but i realized he's just blunt. Now I enjoy his posts :)

Edit: Omg I hope I can come to this if it happens. I want to go to a famous pat smashfest but I work every day :(

Sleepy

Smash Ace
though I think it's silly to say, but P is right, also.. I don't really think you guys have to worry about what he posts to me, I'll worry about that myself. I made a decision anyways.

also, why the hell are we talking about me and which characters I use in two threads.

Noble-

Smash Ace
Mmmmmmm

Thinking of canceling the tourney because I don't know if people would like to come to 2 tourneys in a row(2 weekends in a row).

Connors on the 10th of January 2009 or mine on the 3rd of January 2009.

Unless people can't make it to Connors for some reason. And demand a tourney/smashfest close by.

Feedback please!

:D

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
connor should push his biweekly back a week so there are more melee tournaments for everyone

the triweekly is on the 10th

and why would people not go to two tournies in a row

Noble-

Smash Ace
Well, it's cause Winter Game Fest is on the 17th(From what I know).

Which means it would actually be 3 tournaments in a row(If there is melee at Winter Game Fest).

I would think people couldn't make it to 2-3 tourneys in a row cause of money or ride problems.

But that's just me.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hmm, are a lot of people going to Winterfest? I don't really wanna go since there aren't any games for me...

Top Bottom