• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash - Volume 2 - "I can't control it!" =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Hyped for this, I have two power strips to give and a setup w/ TV no door fee awwww yeahhhhh.
No MK should be fun.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
no no no no no

DoH has to come to this

Since we have to team a tournament once together before either if us retire

Dark Hart

Darkness of Heart

Ginger's

Jewish

I'm not gay but I could wear a pink shirt or something

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
this is pretty hype, even for the melee. Hope we have enough setups to keep the brawl players occupied.
Also Alex sometime maybe tomorrow I should come over and we can make fliers or something.
Or not, cuz we have pretty **** turnout without the random NCSU scrubs anyway.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Eh... ur pretty gay iirc

look who's talking?

:cool: crack rocks

this is pretty hype, even for the melee. Hope we have enough setups to keep the brawl players occupied.
Also Alex sometime maybe tomorrow I should come over and we can make fliers or something.
Or not, cuz we have pretty **** turnout without the random NCSU scrubs anyway.
fliers fliers fliers fliers

never turn down an opportunity to get better attendance and more on campus recognition. our community as a whole (melee and brawl) really needs a pick me up, and new faces would help out immensely

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I agree, and the pots will be larger too.
The potential problem is that the majority crowd is people who think and say "I'm pretty damn good at this game I played it for like a month after release and beat up all of my friends." These guys usually don't enjoy, or get scared off of the scene. For example in my dorm at State there are weekly (approx. weekly) brawl tournaments for fun, and they have like 15+ entrees. Most of these guys would not want to get into the tourney scene.

But yeah if Alex is up to making fliers with me to put up around some parts of campus I'm all for it, at the very least they won't bring setups and put 3$ in.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I agree, and the pots will be larger too.
The potential problem is that the majority crowd is people who think and say "I'm pretty damn good at this game I played it for like a month after release and beat up all of my friends." These guys usually don't enjoy, or get scared off of the scene. For example in my dorm at State there are weekly (approx. weekly) brawl tournaments for fun, and they have like 15+ entrees. Most of these guys would not want to get into the tourney scene.

But yeah if Alex is up to making fliers with me to put up around some parts of campus I'm all for it, at the very least they won't bring setups and put 3$ in.
Are you advertising for the event itself? Or for Brawl?

@Chris: I think by the $3 he just meant the door fee, supposing these kids won't actually enter anything, but a reduced entry fee for NSCU newbies would be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom