• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

tw1n

Smash Champion
Stack it up PehPeh!

Man NC is too good tho. Staying up with you guys until 5 in the morning was the best part of Apex for me.

Rude

Smash Rookie
I just moved to the charlotte area and was looking to play some PM or Melee, even though I'm pretty bad. Anyone around here play semi-regularly?

I'd be willing to drive a bit as well.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I'm sure most of y'all aren't interested, but I noticed 2 highlight vids have been put up lately for q2 and, prob 25% of the **** in them is me... there's a few oldies of mine from as early as 2004. Bad music choice, bad flow, a lot of the kills shouldn't be there, etc. etc...(i didn't do these vids nor have I ever used fraps).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k5X7CI0KNI

^if the name isn't adrenal1ne, slugsk!e, or <Near(see text at top), then it's me(shout-outs to boney, I used your nick in one of the kills). the finishing super shotgun kill that I do at the end of the vid is me playing in germany against one of europe's best, me pinging 130... the trick jump I did, only a few people in the world have ever been known to use it practically in duel/tdm(despite how easy I make it look, haha).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oU3osMUbK4

^in this one, I don't make an appearance until 2:26, then it's me for about a minute and a half. then I reappear at 4:10 with some nades... @4:26, that is one of the best kills I've ever had in my life, trick jump to hand grenade kill as a top tier player(from the best q2 clan years back) was chaining me with no weps. It's one of the most notorious kills in usa q2 in general.

main nicks of mine e|ipa, haunted, kreator, Dr. Pain, ***, piivb tag, + a few randoms

edit: oh and.. the 3rd kill in the 1st vid is me air rocketing DaHanG, the notorious professional quakelive player... although the weapon model is in the way of it, dude should have obviously re-cammed it lmao.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Haha most of everyone would be. There's a lot of corner/prediction shots where you don't see the dude even die, map knowledge would be a requisite to not being confused with a lot of it...

thanks for giving them a watch.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That was what I understood well

I was more confused about how people predicted strafing tactics because it seemed kind of random to my noob eyes LOL

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Ah, i should have known better not to assume the most obvious thing. Q2's strafing/circling physics are more extensive than the other quakes, and any other fps period for that matter. The tick rate is also 10hz in quake2... this deals with the speed of inputs being recognized entirely on the client side, nothing to do with online.. although playing online obviously adds delay in itself. hertz are a measure of seconds^-1, or 1/seconds, basically fps(frames per sec, just clarifying for whoever since that acronym was already used for first person shooter). In newer fps's the tick rate can be customized and up to 120 or so.. so basically there's some delay in inputs in q2, which makes it harder to judge and predict someone's movement, in addition to the more extensive movement physics, aerial accel, etc....

More than anything, it's just something you have to get used to I guess.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
so you get more control of your character in Q2 than any other FPS?
Yes. Additionally, the tick rate thing puts a tad more delay in your shots as opposed to QL. with hitscan weapons(instantaneous shot), you have to lead your shot a good bit in q2. In quake live/newer games, the shots practically hit before the spot you were just aiming/leading haha, making it far, far easier to hit and track people with aim. as a result, it puts an even greater emphasis on movement in q2. The item timings are less complex in q2 making that a lot easier... resulting in

movement/position > item collection/denial, aim

opposed to vice versa.

np4944

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm gonna be moving from Canada --> Durham for August 2013 (going to duke), just wondering what the melee scene is like there?

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
hmmm don't know about duke (aside from maybe theo)
but me and cam are pretty active in chapel hill
if you're askin about nc as a whole ... freeest of the free aside from dr. peepee
but yeah you should be able to find players around the triangle

np4944

Smash Rookie
hmmm don't know about duke (aside from maybe theo)
but me and cam are pretty active in chapel hill
if you're askin about nc as a whole ... freeest of the free aside from dr. peepee
but yeah you should be able to find players around the triangle
haha then i guess I'll fit in perfectly as I'm pretty free too ahha. I look forward to meeting you guys in september/august and playing some meleeeee!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Durham's actually in a pretty decent location. There are a lot of players in Gboro, Chapel Hill and Raleigh. Gboro's a good hour or so from Durham, so that's a bit more of a trip, but you can usually make it to most stuff if your in a more centralized place like Durham.

But no one will want to hang out with you because you go to Duke.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Since youre going to duke imma assume your asian

You and moses will get along fine. Also, Raleigh is extremely active we play almost 3 times a week if not more

Top Bottom