• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So obviously it was Kabuto...though seeing Sasuke getting revived compared to Naruto is honestly...well I could care less about Sasuke lol.

Gai got pwned by using 7 gates. I wonder how much of a step up is opening the 8th? Fusion SSJ4 Hax?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Can't they just revive without talking about feelings and stuff?
I mean, he could've had a flashback and all, but it should've been awkward for the rest of the gang to hear his explanation....

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I know the war has had "chapters" within the arcs...but I wonder how many arcs OP has done since this war started. Oda knows how to tell a story. Save all that feelings and touchy dialogue for the anime.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Where do we consider the start of the war arc to be.

Say we go with the most extreme case, and it starts after Pain is defeated, a quick look on Wikipedia shows that the first volume after that (the five kage summit) was released in January of 2010. Around that time, One Piece was at the start of the Marineford War arc.

Obito declares war in the volume after the five kage summit, that was released in March of 2010, the same month as the start of the Marineford War. Which means One Piece has completed three arcs in that time, and probably halfway through a fourth.

Damn, I didn't realize it has been that long.

Last edited:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Where do we consider the start of the war arc to be.

Say we go with the most extreme case, and it starts after Pain is defeated, a quick look on Wikipedia shows that the first volume after that (the five kage summit) was released in January of 2010. Around that time, One Piece was at the start of the Marineford War arc.

Obito declares war in the volume after the five kage summit, that was released in March of 2010, the same month as the start of the Marineford War. Which means One Piece has completed three arcs in that time, and probably halfway through a fourth.

Damn, I didn't realize it has been that long.
Holy crap. It really has been that long hasn't it? Though honestly, I guess I was thinking from the perspective when the fighting actually starts. So around the time when Kabuto and Obito meet up, or when the mass Edo Tensei occurs. That's what I meant by "war", but I guess declaring war makes more sense.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That works too. I like to think of the preparing for the war stuff is part of the war arc overall, since it's mostly just clearing up some loose ends and setting things up, there's not much that makes it stand on its own imo.

When the war actually start doesn't make things much better, looks like that volume was released in April of 2011. One Piece was a little ways into Fishman Island at that time, so it has completed two arcs and has made it well into its third in that time.

This war has been going on for a long time, and I'm still disappointed that Jiraiya hasn't been revived yet. :/

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'd like to see a Jiraiya Edo, but I doubt that'll happen. I mean, Kabuto might I guess? But he'd have to go find the DNA off Pain's weapons at this current timing. Orochimaru would have to do the same. And the 2nd...don't think he's using Edo Tensei anytime soon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
"I am the Resurrection." - Jesus Christ

i wonder if madara have a change of heart and pull that off!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I gotta admit; Guy's final form looks pretty damn cool. The fiery eyebrows is a nice touch...

...of course since the enemy is the final boss this is going to do absolutely nothing. Poor doomed Guy.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm hoping the damage he does (if any) ends up being pivotal in helping the cause in defeating him. Damaging him for the sake of damage would be an injustice to Gai. Perhaps breaking that staff, or disabling one of his eyes, or even pulling his hair out. I don't know.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Iono why it never came to me that spamming Kamui would leave Kakashi's eye blind. Looks like he might get an Obito upgrade. Nevermind how a right eye will fit into the left eye. Kishi magic.

But still, really cool chapter. Kinda dumb that Madara was like "If he hits me 5 times, I'm in trouble", and after taking one hit, he's all "Yaaay".

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
But still, really cool chapter. Kinda dumb that Madara was like "If he hits me 5 times, I'm in trouble", and after taking one hit, he's all "Yaaay".
Apparently Madara is suddenly a fight nut who gets thrilled by fighting strong opponents...which explains why he wanted to create a new world with no war.

OH KISHI!

Still, glad to see Gai's pummelling at least looks pretty cool. I also liked Rock Lee and Gaara interacting. It's been a while since Lee got to do anything at all.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
>Taijutsu is the only thing that can hurt Madara
>Taijutsu didn't do crap on him
>Now is up to Naruto's Senjutsu (because other senjutsu users are conveniently either knocked out or disabled (like Minato)).

Never change, Kishimoto

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Double post because it's been one week.

AND I'M HERE JUST TO COMPLAIN
Obviously Naruto had to become special (even more), even if his specialty had to be not being special at all.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It (most) probably won't. And still we'll have to go through at least two more chapters of flashbacks.

Last edited:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
EVERYONE IS RELATED TO EVERYONE!

But I guess this does explain Naruto and Sasuke's bond, assuming Sasuke is Ashura's brother, whose name I forgot, because I could care less.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I won't lie, but this recent chapter totally reminds me of the chapter in the last Harry Potter book with Harry meeting Dumbledore in limbo. >_>

I guess it's nice to get some background, but Madara's demise has already been foreshadowed so meh.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So how is this going to play out? Madara looks like he has a lot of damage. Does Gai use his final technique, or do Naruto and Sasuke step in, "Sit down Bushy Brows, we got this."

Naruto has a little bit of tails power in him + Ashura? I know Sasuke is getting a power up, but still find it hard for him to stack up to Naruto.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's obviously being saved for when Naruto and Sasuke fight after defeating Madara. Even if they don't end up fighting, we'll probably get a flashback to his conversation.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But why does he had to be called "The Boy of the Prophecy"? That alone pretty much killed it for me.
I'm okay with the OP buffs, and I can even let the being-able-to-control-all-bijuus" thing slip (even though it was pretty stupid).
But, "Prophecy"? That was absolutely unnecessary.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Gai may not ever fight again, but I figure he should've died there. There was a lot of emotion invested in this 8th gates killing him the past few weeks, and now it means nothing. I also hope Madara doesn't just rejuvenate like it's nothing...he should have at least sustained some sort of permanent damage.

Also, Madara lost literally his heart and half his head...how is he still functioning?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Of course he's gonna regenerate, or find some other way to become more OP (like a chakra fruit budding out of the tree and him eating it)

An injured madara would be anti climactic to fight with the powered up narusaske

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, we all know the final fight will be Naruto vs Sasuke anyways. At this point, Madara just getting in the way. Go home Madara.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm actually happy with the turn of events. I really didn't want Gai to just die a meaningless death (we knew it wasn't going to beat Madara).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Gai's premise has always been that "hard work" can catch up or stand up to a genius. This was a classic fight between a "genius" who was cocky in his abilities vs a person who put the time into get better what he does. Yes it'll be Naruto and Sasuke with their random power ups once again saving the day, but I would have preferred if it went/goes like this...

-Gai's 8 gates does some important or permanent damage to Madara. Or if anything, he somehow helps Kakashi or Minato discover a weakness in the process.
-With their power ups, Naruto and Sasuke would not be able to beat Madara at full strength, but now stand a chance with the damage Gai has put in. Therefore, his sacrifice would not be in vain.

Instead, we have some odd chapters that resulted in "nothing" except Gai buying time for Naruto and Sasuke to get their powerups. Gai is on life support and Madara is going to regenerate.

Top Bottom