• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naritake Step (New AT?)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Very weird. I want ankoku to translate already seeing as it could be useful. Nice find btw. It seems like its just pivoting then crawling and quickly performing a tilt.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Seek a step in the bamboo I've done. BGM, http: / / www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1100972 more.

Step bamboo and the "step-> type-ahead Step> inverting squatting". To enter the "661". And the system will be abbreviated.
'bamboo step' would be the "name" for this AT

'step -> type-ahead step -> inverting squatting' means you tap forward to dash, again to buffer another dash, or just forward movement, and inverted squatting would be a turn around crouch

'661' refers to the positions of the joystick, which you'll be familiar with if you play GG or MBAC.

661 would be forward forward down/away

igoogle too good

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
rofl numpad notation. Anyway, cleaner translation.

InnocentRoad said:
The Naritake Step as performed by Sheik. BGM : from http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1100972.

The Naritake Step can be done by "dash input > dash input (cancel) > reverse crouch." In numpad notation, "661." It's typically abbreviated as NariStep (nari sute).
This is essentially using the phanna pivot ("true" pivot) and canceling it into a crouch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4tmLsflA_c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioUt7qjfh6Y

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Oh lol i got confused since in the vid says naritake step i thought it was new but whatever this has been known for a while now. I thought it could be a revolutionary Sheik-only AT that would move her to high tier hey we can dream cant we?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow this looks hard

i'm going to learn it when i get home today

edit: lol @ the quadruple bair lock video

GRogErEN24

Smash Cadet
'bamboo step' would be the "name" for this AT

'step -> type-ahead step -> inverting squatting' means you tap forward to dash, again to buffer another dash, or just forward movement, and inverted squatting would be a turn around crouch

'661' refers to the positions of the joystick, which you'll be familiar with if you play GG or MBAC.

661 would be forward forward down/away

igoogle too good

thanks leon and ankoku . i guess it wasn't new.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
bair combo is ****.

thats all.

Does it only work on those three characters, or are those just examples?

Tenki

Smash Hero
rofl numpad notation. Anyway, cleaner translation.

This is essentially using the phanna pivot ("true" pivot) and canceling it into a crouch.
Ah! I thought it looked like a true pivot.

I normally have problems trying to perform it. Does doing a diagonal input somehow help perform a true pivot, or is it a combination of true pivot + crouch/crawl?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Japanese is so awesome.
Naritake Step>>>>Bamboo Step

Also I never asked when we first found out, did he only stop using the B Air because of the platform? If so then we can realistically 0-Death from a missed tech on somewhere like FD surely?

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I'm more interested in the bair lock vid. We need a list of characters that this is able to work against (if not all, which would be awesome) And I, too, would like to know if the BF platform is what stopped him from continuing the lock.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I've haven't toy around with the whole force get up needle trick much so I'm hoping someone here could help me answer my question...

Is this a true lighting combo?

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom