• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naner Lock spike

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Sky just showed that Diddy can naner lock to the far end of the stage, then spike the opponent with up b. :O

p.s.
he is the best diddy

Sky`

Smash Lord
I told ADHD, and he said that this wasn't discovered.

Because unlike that other one, This is guaranteed on Every character, without foot stooling.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Yeah. It's sorta like that but, Try to do that against MK and DDD.

Mines a little different, and it works on all characters.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Instead of dashing, sky recommends pushing them offstage with a slow walk first. It's okay.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Ugh, are you really that dense? In that video, all he did was Throw a Banana to Ganon and then spike him. Try doing that against MK, Marth, Snake, DDD.

My way, you can do it against Every character, in various situations, and it doesn't have to be spaced perfectly.

Player-1

Smash Legend
...?what do you mean how am I that dense? You're not even telling us how to do it, you're just stating that it exist.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Right and you're already discrediting it by saying it's been done before by linking a video of a technique that isn't even practical.

Sky`

Smash Lord
The implications of discrediting anything come from posting a video of something similar. Especially when you so 'mistakenly' failed to leave any explanation of what your link was supposed to prove.

ADHD

Smash Hero
You can glidetoss down into this, which makes it easier because you don't even have to movie afterward before the up b.

It kills Falco, Snake, Dk, Fox, or anyone with a terrible recover if you edgeguard appropriately. Sometimes you won't even need to.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The implications of discrediting anything come from posting a video of something similar. Especially when you so 'mistakenly' failed to leave any explanation of what your link was supposed to prove.
Says who? I didn't realize there was a universal law that posting a video automatically means you're discrediting it.

Yeah. It's sorta like that but, Try to do that against MK and DDD.

Mines a little different, and it works on all characters.
I followed your instructions, tried to do it to MK and DDD, it didn't work. So why can't you jsut answer the simple question and tell us how to actually do it?

Sky`

Smash Lord
It also kills MK at 100. More research is being done, IE.

1. Can you SDI and Tech?
2. How fast can you Meteor cancel?
3. What Percent does it Absolutely kill somebody?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't see why you can't just post HOW TO ACTUALLY DO IT. Seriously, this thread is pretty useless without directions on how to actually do it.

"hai, guys i got dis new AT and it kills pplz realz fast, but im no t teling how 2 do itt haha."

Sky`

Smash Lord
I don't see why... you're so mad. lol

But in all seriousness, you already posted the vid right? They're the same thing right?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm not mad? I like how you pretend that you can understand emotion over words typed on the internet.

How am I suppose to know if they're the same thing? You're not telling us how to do it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Oh well, the footstooling thing works in the same exact position and it is also guaranteed (at least on the characters I tested which include MK and D3), but your way is probably easier since you don't have to footstool.

edit: Actually, the footstool one you cans till do closer to the stage, try putting MK on the ledge and he'll jump back onto the stage and try doing your way and it won't work (at least I haven't gotten it to yet) the footstool method still works from that distance so difficulty would vary depending on distance

Conti

Smash Ace
You banana lock them, push them off, and up B.
There.
Hmmm...
By push them off you mean just walk into them when they are tripped before the ledge [out of the nanar lock?] and they push off the ledge?
And if so... It's actually easy? I def gotta try this

Sails

Smash Ace
It's easy in theory, but it requires proper spacing and that you're situated in the correct spots. Snake and other tall characters are relatively easy to do it to. Meta Knight requires almost perfect spacing, but is still very doable. Doing this from a banana lock also requires proper positioning, and is hardly viable in comparison to a fresh smash.

I've thrown together some quick images to show exactly what to do...

The center of Snakes body needs to be anywhere in the red line. Diddy must be positioned close yet far enough that he won't go through Snake with the forward glide toss. The yellow lines give approximately the closest distance Diddy should be at for both Snakes max and minimum position relative to the edge. After the forward glide toss, Diddy must continue holding the direction he glide tossed in to keep walking and pushing Snake, and press UpB at approximately the blue dot. If you're having trouble getting the last part down and Snake snaps the ledge before you use your barrels, it should be noted that you aren't waiting to see Snake fall off. Try and time it so that you're pressing UpB at the blue dot no matter what. If you're standing here then Snake is falling off no matter what, just move to the position and hit those barrels.

A nice visual cue for knowing if Snake is too close to the edge is if his foot closest to the edge is not on the small rectangle light on the floor. If it's anywhere between the light and the edge, he won't be pushable and will slip right off.

For doing this from a banana lock, this is a positioning that applies from doing two forward glide tosses (Assuming a banana is in hand, with one at the front of Snakes feet, such as would be after a continual lock). Diddy should be dead center of the map (But positioning is lax), while Snake should be just to the left of the lamp post in the background. End it the same as you would in the previous image.

To apply this to Meta Knight and other small characters, the window of positioning becomes tighter. Take the rightmost green/red line for Snake and move it inwards about half of the way. This would be the positioning for Meta Knight. No image as of this time due to impending leaving...

Please keep in mind these images are approximate from my testing and are in no way to scale, but simply intended to give you an idea of what to do. It may look like a tight window, but Snake is pretty simple to pull this off on provided he's near the edge and that the banana hits.

Sails

Smash Ace
Holy crap, I wish I could come up with a way to link that in the Kongpendium. That post is beautiful, I wish we had more like it :O Epic info
Glad to hear, I enjoy exploring new techs and going all out with my descriptions.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I did something like that to a Metaknight player at the tournament, but a different scenario. What I did was pulled out 2 bananas, while Metaknight is coming back from the stage. The bananas hit Metaknight, giving Diddy, just enough time to Dair spike Metaknight.

Top Bottom